Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Swati KapadiaYour feedback matters!
For how much time period it cant be found Like if a person takes for 2-3 yrs continuously and then make a check up of pregnancy still it cant be found then can Dr. Say that she cant become mother.
Hai doc, my que is that be4 periods my body gets heavier than before n breast becomes tender n heavy n even my clothes gets tighter. Dealing with this prob every mnth.. please tell me any home remedy 4 dis. please Plz am vry worried n don't wanna take any medicine.
I am 3.5 months pregnant. If I take raw papaya will it get aborted. How much days will it take to abortion.
I am 18 years old I have a problem of irregular menses. Please I want your suggestions? What should I do?
I am 40 years old man married just now. I want to do anal sex without condom with my wife. What precautions I should take? Explain me in details.
Menstrual pain ya phr period k kasan pet me dard hota h. Try many medicine please tell me effective medicine. Female age 20.
Hello Doctor, Thanks for the tips. But why does a normally productive person start procrastinating? It there a psychological reason or disorder behind this tendency? Does subliminal affirmations / hypnotherapy (or even simple impositions) help with such cases? Thanks in advance for your inputs.
Hello, We are a newly married couple. My wife mostly have some pain or infection in and around her personal parts. Some times it pains while we doing sex. Please advice.
Hi. My wife 30 years of age. Her period date was 24th but she missed her. What to do to get her menstural cycle back naturaly? should I need to feed her papaya? if yes then how much and for how many days?
I got married in June 2014. After marriage due to some fear of sex my wife can not penetrate my penis in her vagina with her hand. Also some family problem we can not do the intercourse continuously. That time my wife mc was also not regular. That time my all sperm not went to vagina. But now my wife do the sex properly means fearless. Also her mc also regular my all sperm going to vagina . My semen report also normal . My wife penetrate my penis in her vagina this is normal. Also we are doing sex properly from the last three month. We require any treatment. Or we will get good news after some few month. Please reply.
Contraceptive methods of birth control are usually quite successful. By these methods, you can enjoy your sex without the worry of pregnancy. Modern technology has led to the formulation of avid techniques of contraception; some are temporary and the others permanent. However, no matter how well these methods work, almost all of them have got a variety of side effects on your body and health.
Here is a list of different modes of contraception and the side effects they may cause:
- Intra Uterine Device: A device is fitted into the uterus, which does not cause pregnancy. An effective method with the following side effects:
- There is a risk of the device falling off.
- This causes puncture in the uterus.
- The device made of copper may lead to menstrual cramps and spotting.
- Depo Provera Hormonal Injection: This mode of contraception involves taking an injection, which restricts pregnancy for a period of three months. The side effects are:
- Gaining of extra weight, fatigue.
- Decrease of bone density.
- Menstrual bleeding along with spotting takes place.
- Birth Control Pills: Birth control pills are one of the most common and most effective ways of birth control or contraception. However, several side effects may be observed.
- Causes nausea, headaches and blood clots in very rare cases.
- In case you use other prescribed medicines along with birth control pills, severe damage may be inflicted.
- Condoms: Effective condoms are made of latex or polyurethane. Unrolled, condoms look like long, thin balloons. They prevent body fluids from mixing when two people have sex. The condom is put onto the penis before the penis comes into contact with the vagina, mouth, or anus. General Tips:
- Use a water based lubricant to decrease the chance of the condom breaking.
- To decrease the chance of the condom slipping down the penis or falling off inside the vagina, pull the penis out of the vagina right after ejaculation.
- Hold the rim of the condom onto the shaft of the penis during withdrawal.
- Never use more than one condom at a time.
- Never re-use a condom.
- Vaginal Ring: Mode of contraception is very effective. It also helps in making menstrual periods of women much lighter and in continuity. The side effects are:
- May cause nausea and headache.
- There is a vast increase in appetite
- There is a risk of blood clot formation.
- Diaphragm: A very successful mode of contraception where a diaphragm is inserted and fitted into the vagina. The negatives of this mode are:
- It may get out of place during sex and is likely to cause damage
- The process can be a mess
- Causes urinary infections
- Hormonal implants: This long term method of birth control is an effective one. The side effects are:
- A surgery is required where rods are inserted under your skin. This might be risky surgery.
- If you want to remove it, again another surgery has to be carried out.
- An Infection may develop in the area where the thin rods are inserted.
All modes of contraception irrespective of their effectiveness have got some side effects on your health. Hence, you must choose them wisely. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.