Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
My mom is suffering from nerve pain in her right hand, we went to doctor he made some test of b12 vitamin and cholesterol, diabetes, thyroid. But all kept it well. This thing is going from last 6 months but she still in pain. She is not able to hold a knife for more than 5 min. Which specialist should I go to?
Hi my name Aruna sawant age 33 yrs weight 52 height 5.3ft I always have a heavy ness in my body I tried very soon also no freshness after office I don't have any enery to do house work always tired my hand palms n legs Palm are always painfull never feel energetic n fresh , even indigestion problem
I am 22, I am having severe headache since last 3 days, I have tried amitriptyline as I suffer from migraine but it did not help me. I also tried saridon and paracetamol but all in vain, please help me at the earliest.
I recently read that researchers believe certain foods might cure Alzheimer’s disease. Is this true? If so, which foods do this and how much would you have to consume to get the benefits?
I have bells palsy which happened in August 2015, now the right side is shrinking as I have bells palsy at this side only. I mean to say that if I try to see up my right eye becomes small and get close. I feel pain at right side of my face and neck and shoulder. I am taking stamlo 5 for blood pressure and neurobion forte medicines. Its almost 10 months now. Will I be recover completely? Pls suggest how long I have to continue with medicines and will be ever completely cured or no?
I got paralytic attack few months back though it is minor but the control of left hand is very less also mobility has reduced as I am unable to walk because of weakness also stammering is visible while making any pronunciation what kind of medication I should take including physiotherapy.
My head is paining from last three days. Doc says I have problem ogmf migraine. He told me to take combo flame tablet. Will it work. Or should I consult another doctor.
Hey! My question is I have migraine so what kind of precautions I should take. And is migraine a big problem.
Dear sir /mam my brother have epilepsy disease he has been suffering from this since last 2 years. What should we do. Please tell us. We beg you sir/mam. We have already taken him to chennai apollo hospital shilong migraine hospital. Doctors gave us a medicine sodium valporate oral solution but nothing improvement arise. Sir/mam what should we do plse tell us. My brother is only 10 years old student. Plse.we beg you sir/mam plse. Help us.
I am suffering from multiple sclerosis since 3 yrs. I became weak. Am not abel to work as well. Am taking medications regular exercise even though am facing same.
Any treatment for sleep apnea. I am suffering from mild sleep apnea (index 51). Also not having deep sleep. Morning BP shows higher result than day time and evening result.
During a febrile seizure, the body of a child may convulse, shake and contract, the eyes may roll, and he or she may moan or become unconscious. This type of seizure is usually for a few minutes, but in rare cases can last up to 15 minutes.
Febrile seizures stop on their own while the fever persists until treated. While some children may feel sleepy afterwards, others do not have lasting effects.
Seizures in toddlers may be caused due to the following factors
- Epilepsy - Epilepsy is defined categorically as two or more seizures without any acute cause. Epilepsy can occur at any age, but it is usually diagnosed in infants and young children.
- Body temperature - Body temperature may indicate a crisis in small children. High body temperatures or low body temperature can cause seizures in a toddler. These types of seizures occur only once or twice in children two years or younger, often after an illness. This type of seizure due to the fortification of the body temperature is considered a febrile convulsion.
- Dehydration - Febrile seizures can also occur due to dehydration. Dehydration is a direct result of previous illness that included sweating and fever.
- Physical condition - A child who is in poor physical condition can also be prone to seizures. Malnutrition or a body weakened by disease or illness makes small children more susceptible to crises.
- Family History - Family history can play a role in toddlers or children with seizures. If a family member suffered from the tendency or had convulsions, particularly febrile seizures as a child, this trait can be inherited.
Treating febrile seizures
If your child has a febrile seizure, stay calm and:
- Make sure your child is in a safe place and does not fall or hit something hard
- Place your child on his side to prevent choking
- Watch for signs of breathing difficulties, including any colour change in the face of your child
- If the seizure lasts more than a few minutes or your child turns blue, it may be a more serious type of seizure; connect with doctors immediately
Febrile seizures can be frightening to witness, but remember they are fairly common and are not usually a symptom of a serious disease, and in most cases does not lead to other health problems.