Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Swarnalatha RajendrakumarYour feedback matters!
Please help doctors. I am 21 weeks pregnant (in fifth month whenever I masturbate using my fingers. I feel real bad pain in my stomach that too if I did it while sitting. In sleeping position if I do so. I just get good sleep and it does feel harmful to me or my abdomen region. I am quite confused and scared so need your opinion about safety for me & my baby. My husband is scared to harm my baby. and that's why he left me to my native place. While he is doing job in another state, he ask for phone sex although. Which make me lead to masturbation. Kindly please suggest if masturbation during pregnancy good or bad. Waiting for your valuable response.
My last menses cycle was on 18/03/16. It is delayed by 4 days. I am experiencing white discharge from last 2-3 days. Slight breast pain and sometimes pain in lower abdominal. Can this be a symptom of pregnancy?
How to avoid daytime sleepiness
A lot of people, irrespective of whether they go out to work, to college or stay at home, feel sleepy during the day. Some out of fatigue, some because of having a heavy lunch and some others because they do not get a good night?s sleep. Whatever be the reason, a few exercises and some discipline can help you get rid of such sleep cravings.
Few ways to avoid daytime sleepiness are:
1. Set a routine: Try to go to sleep and wake up at about the same time every day. This resets your circadian rhythm and helps developing your sleeping pattern.
2. At least 30 minutes of workout is important for every individual. Go for walks, go to the gym, take up yoga or aerobics - regardless of the kind of exercise you are doing. When the body gets exercise, so does the brain and you are refreshed to take on the rest of the day.
3. Go to bed gadget free: Keep your books, mobile, tab, laptop and TV remote away from the bed. Stay calm and do not have heated conversations. Your nerves need calm down as you to sleep.
4. Get enough sleep: Ensure you sleep enough every night so that it doesn?t ruin your day. Night time sleep is important and adults need seven to nine hours of sleep.
5. Set consistent, healthy mealtimes: Regular mealtimes, eating a healthy breakfast and lunch on time prevents energy deficits during the day that will help you get rid of daytime sleepiness
6. Avoid alcohol: Having alcohol in high amount may hamper your regular sleeping pattern and you may be sleepy the whole day.
7.Avoid Self-Medication: Avoid taking sleeping pills or over the counter the drugs. There are different kinds of drugs available in the market. Some may make you sleepy the whole day due to hangover effect of the drug.
8. Consult a Physician or a sleep specialist.
I have lost my left ovary before a year as I was having chocolate cyst. I just want to ask can I conceive baby after marriage as my periods are normal and it last upto 4-5 days and I have my routine check up every 3 months.
I am 27 year old (unmarried), I have too much in pain in my maturity periods and some time bleeding more some time not & I am also suffering from thyroid, that's reason I am also put on the weight, so please provide me solutions also tell how I loose the weight, I also doing the exercise but my belly area not loose.
Sir. Daily I normally passed urine but today I got too much pain in the penis when I passed urine. I saw little bleeding came with urine at last when almost urine passing is finished. Sir why its happens and what treatment can I get. please sir help me.
I have two preterm daughters advice the age till which they will need exclusive breast feeding.Please tell.
Liposuction can be defined as a cosmetic procedure (shape altering technique) that helps you to get of excess rid of fat from the body. This procedure is opted for usually when all efforts of exercising and dieting have gone futile.
What is Laser Liposuction?
Laser liposuction is a method that is employed to shed off fat from various parts of the body such as face, buttocks, thighs, belly and hips through a very small (3 mm) surgical incision. A laser fiber of less than 1 mm is passed thro’ this incision to break up the fat. The laser liquefies the fat and it is then collected in a bottle outside. During the laser liposuction procedure, the skin gets tightened as well with the simultaneous elimination of the fat. This process negates any chance of loss of shape, loose skin or a protruding belly.
In what areas of the body can laser liposuction be used?
1. Arm Sculpting and Reduction: Women are more prone to putting on fat in the upper arm that also causes shoulder and neck pain. Even otherwise, a fatty underarm makes for an unflattering sight, especially because one cannot go sleeveless freely. This is where arm liposuction comes to the rescue.
2. Thighs: Fat deposits in the thighs interfere with the natural lines of the lower body and one may find it utterly embarrassing to plod with the inner thighs rubbing against each other. Ill-fitting pants and jeans further add to your irritation and discomfort.
3. Buttocks: Liposuction helps in removing excess accumulated fat from the waist line and buttocks and renders a good tone to your body, in keeping with your body frame.
4. Breast Liposuction: Breast liposuction contributes to a well-shaped contour by taking care of the fat that bulges out. Breast reduction and breast lift is ofeten done together.
5. Tummy Tuck: Abdominoplasty or ‘tummy tuck’ surgery helps to do away with the extra skin or fat from the lower abdominal area and works to tighten up the loose muscles especially after a pregnancy and excessive weight loss.
What are the Advantages of Laser Liposuction?
1. A quick solution to a long-term ‘fat’ problem.
2. A day procedure, which means that there is no hospitalization or downtime.
3. Assured results that are permanent and superior in nature compared to invasive surgical techniques.
4. Even PATIENTS WHO ARE UNFIT FOR GENERAL ANAESTHESIA can undergo laser liposuction (e.g., senior citizens).
5. Diabetic patients can also undergo laser liposuction as the procedure lowers blood sugar levels.
6. The final appearance is highly aesthetic considering that there are no uneven blobs of fat.
7. Zero trauma to tissues.
8. No blood transfusion is necessary.
9. Only a 3 mm incision is used and it is not even visible.
10. Skin tightens by itself simultaneously as the procedure is being carried out. Hence no sagging or loose skin and the belly button is not displaced, thereby giving an adverse appearance as with normal surgery.
11. No sutures, no ugly scars!
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Having the highest number of population aff ected by tuberculosis, india also has the highest incidence of genital tuberculosis. The number of indian women suffering from the condition is particularly high.
Nagpur: having the highest number of population affected by tuberculosis, india also has the highest incidence of genital tuberculosis. The number of indian women suffering from the condition is particularly high. It is among the most common causes of infertility, yet not many doctors consider the possibility of genital tuberculosis while treating infertility.
According to some estimates, around 40% indians are infected with tb bacteria. Most of these are latent cases, wherein the sufferer doesn't show symptoms of the disease but can still spread the disease. Genital tb is found to affect around 1% women in india. Ways to manage the condition were discussed during the conference masterclass infertility organized in the city recently.
"the percentage of infertility in the country increases due to genital tb. Among those seeking treatment for infertility, 10-19% of females are affected by it. However, since the condition doesn't have any noticeable symptoms it remains undetected in most patients and infertility caused by it gets categorized as something else" said senior gynaecologist from the city Dr. Sushma deshmukh. She added that the lack of symptoms means that doctors often don't address genital tb as a reason causing infertility.
"the biggest problem is that very few bacteria can cause the disease. This low number makes most tests made to diagnose the disease unsuccessful. This is why it is recommended that bacteria culture, a molecular biology test for ccr and histopathology on the lining of the uterus must be done together" said bangalore-based gynaecologist Dr. Reeta biliangadi. The positive outcome of all these tests, along with observation of clinical signs indicates that the patient is suffering from genital tb.
Among the warning signs of the condition that doctors and the patients must look for include menstrual problems, constant pain in lower abdomen and white discharge" the condition generally flares up during menstruation in the adolescent age. If detected at this time, the damage to the reproductive organs like uterus and fallopian tubes can be minimized. If not, the damage can worsen with time, making it practically impossible for the woman to conceive naturally" said Dr. Biliangadi.
As the fallopian tubes get affected in all cases of the disease, chances of natural conception among the patients are less than 20%, added Dr. Deshmukh.
"despite the availability of tests to detect genital tb, less than 40% patients with it get the chance to go through the tests" she said.
Affect on reproductive health of patient
It starts by affecting the process of releasing the egg into the uterus, which also leads to menstruation
It destroys endometrium or the lining of the uterus where eggs get implanted. This makes natural conception difficult
Leads to obstruction of fallopian tubes, or gradual destruction of the tubes
Increases the possibility of diseases like fibroids.
I usually get periods after 3 to 4 months and we are planning for baby it has been 5 years we are having sex and as per other doctors I don't have egg but the process will take time almost a year I want to know some fast treatment by which I may conceive in a short period of time my age is 24 years.
I have got a lump in my underarms. It usually comes n goes. It doesn't stay always. I'm in my periods now and I want to get a mammography scan done to check. Kindly advise whether it is preferable to get the scan done in the periods.
Mujhe lukoria ki shikayat hai bhut saalo se par mere vagina se hmesa whiteish dhatu jaisa aate rhta h please help me to cure this doctors. Mai jab bhi koi garm chiz khati hu to ye aur jyada ho jata hai iska koi upay btaye.
My right breast is producing milk like substance and no other symptoms found. M sure that I'm not pregnant then what is it. What should I do? Can these be breast Cancer. Kindly suggest me.
Hi Dr. I am 42 years old last one year back I got heavy bleeding delayed by seven days ultrasound showed 11 mm thickness with simple cyst and bleeding remain for one month Dr. advised me to take hormones course for six month and bleeding stop. After six month I stop take overall l and bleeding OK for three months again late by 20 days and I found spotting for two three days and periods gone Dr. advised me to to take meprate and periods induced and one month overall l and again in stop overall l this month and delayed by 12 days I took meprate one tablet and I find spotting I stop taking meprate and again periods clear .why I spotting and periods clear. What to do. Ultrasound shows thickness 14 mm with simple cyst in both ovary.
Hi, I am 30 weighing 70 kgs of height 5.4"having PCOD of irregular periods. No thyroid problem. Suggest me to loose 10 kgs.
Many of my Diabetic people (I won’t call them patient as Diabetes is Lifestyle Disorder ) keep asking me about Bhindi / Ladyfinger and its benefit for Diabetes. So I thought of compiling up this scientific information for all My Sweet people. I hope you all find it useful.
Okra (Ladyfinger) is fast gaining a reputation as a so-called 'superfood' for people with or at risk of Diabetes or Cancer.
WHAT IS OKRA?
They are vegetables commonly used for making soups, stews or as a fried/boiled vegetable.
These tender pods are VERY LOW IN CALORIES, providing just 30 calories per 100 gms, and contain NO SATURATED FATS OR CHOLESTEROL. They are also rich in nutrients, completely Non-Toxic, and have No Adverse side effects.
HOW CAN IT HELP TREAT DIABETES?
Okra having Anti-Diabetic properties has increased in recent years, with multiple studies confirming Okra as a potent blood glucose-lowering (or Anti-Diabetic) food.
When dried and ground okra peels and seeds are consumed they reduced blood glucose levels.
Many people with Diabetes have reported decreasing blood sugar levels after soaking cut-up okra pieces in water overnight and then drinking the juice in the morning, while in Turkey roasted okra seeds have been used as a traditional diabetes medicine for generations.
WHAT'S SCIENCE BEHIND THIS EFFECT?
The SUPERIOR INSOLUBLE FIBREcontained in okra is believed to help stabilize Blood Glucose by SLOWING SPEED OF SUGAR ABSORPTION FROM THE INTESTINAL TRACT.
OTHER HEALTH BENEFITS
1.Rich in vitamins and minerals.
2.Rich in Antioxidants
3.Preventing and improving constipation
5.Reducing the risk of some forms of Cancer, especially Colorectal Cancer
6.Improving energy levels
7.Improving symptoms of Depression
8.Helping to treat sore throat , ulcers and lung inflammation
TALK TO YOUR DIABETOLOGIST
If you are diagnosed with Diabetes and on medication, check with your Diabetologist doctor that any natural remedies you plan on using are safe alongside prescription medicines (Insulin, Oral Hypoglycemic Medicine etc) before making any changes to your diet and/or treatment.
Thank you for Reading it. I hope it has helped you.