Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Swarna Priya
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Swarna PriyaYour feedback matters!
I am a mother of 6 month baby, got operated, my period date is 4 april but from 29 march there z a spoting is it normal?
The study of blood and blood vessels is known as haematology. Doctors or scientists who study blood, in general, are known as haematologists. They are the ones who focus on blood health and blood disorders. The blood is composed of white blood cells (WBCs), red blood cells(RBCs) and platelets. Some of the organs that helps in transporting blood to other parts of the body include the blood vessels, lymph nodes, bone marrow and spleen. Proteins too actively participate in clotting and bleeding.
Diseases Treated by Haematology
Haematology treats an array of diseases including, but not limited to, the following:
- Anaemia due to deficiency of iron, trauma related problems, sickle cell etc.
- Excessive production of RBC
- Multiple myeloma
- Bone marrow and stem cell transportation
- Platelet-related disorder such as Von Willebrand disease, idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, haemophilia etc.
- Haemoglobinopathies condition such as the sickle cell disease and thalassemia
- Malignant lymphomas
- Blood transfusion
- Myelodysplastic syndromes
Common tests involved in haematology
- Blood count- This test is done to get an idea about the total number of platelets, red blood cells, and white blood cells.
- Blood film- In this test, blood is stained with specific dyes and placed under a microscope to view the size, shape and the total number of blood cells. It also reveals any abnormalities that may be present in the blood. Staining can flag red blood cells that are deformed in nature. It can further flag conditions such as microfiliariasis, malaria and toxoplasmosis.
- Blood test – It is done to assess granulocytosis and storage diseases. Bone marrow examination can also be done through blood tests. .
- Blood work - Assessment of immature platelets, evaluation of erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR) and spleen biopsycan be carried out with blood work.
- Tests such as serum ferritin, folate levels, and vitamin B12 can reveal the iron status of a person.
- Certain tests such as the antiglobulin or Coombs' can be done before blood matching or blood typing is done.
- Prothrombin – This test is used to find out platelet function.
- A test known as the diascopy is performed to find out whether a lesion is haemorrhagic, vascular or non-vascular
- Immunocytochemical technique, a type of blood technique, is used to conduct antigen detection.
- Haematology testsare used for assessinghaemophagocytic syndrome.
- Karyotyping is done to detect any disorder of the chromosome.
- Fine needle aspiration cytology(FNAC) is a diagnostic method used to detect tumour.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Pregnancy test krne k liye urine kis time ka lenge ya hum kisi v time kv v urine leker pregnancy test kr skte Hai?
I am a girl and I had been in a big problem since a 15 days of gaps I do not got a mensuration what can I do?
I had my last period on 25 september and had unprotected intercourse on 8 of october then I waited for my periods I had cramps and got light bleeding on 21st night and a heavy one on 22nd morning on 24 th morning bleeding stops and the on 25 the evening spotting occurs this is my period or implantation bleeding am confused should I go for pregnancy test if yes then when?
My wife is very thin, she eat too much but it does not effect her body? What's the reason behind it and how should I make her fat. Please suggest me some tips and give me some advice.
I had sex on December 1st. And I took unwanted 72 within 24 hrs. When I can detect pregnancy if it is possible. Please suggest.
I am 32 years old married since sep 2012 I had conceived once last year in April 2014 but had to underwent medical abortion due no fetal pulsation, now since then I had not conceived my AMH is 0.07 this time when I had conceived it was 0.08. Presently I am taking normoz, ovgynac DSR. Early I had taken oosure plus, groofer, clomipine 100mg. But with no results can you please suggest me.
Many of us thrive on the diet rich in processed fast foods as we hardly get time to cook a wholesome meal for ourselves in this fast-paced schedule. Moreover, the junk foods hardly have anything to contribute to our body while the baked goods strip off all the essential nutrients. These are some of the prime reasons behind vitamin deficiency. Even though that doesn’t mean that it will leave your body impaired or lead to any disease, but it can prevent some organs from functioning properly.
This is because vitamins are regarded as co-contributors for all the essential biochemical reactions within the body. Fatigue, shortness of breath, weight loss and irregular heartbeats are some of the well-known signs of vitamin deficiency, but you should be aware of the unusual vitamin-deficiency signs as well.
- White and red acne on the arms, thighs, and cheeks: This means that your body is not just deficient in Vitamins A and D, but some essential fatty acids as well. If you spend long hours in air-conditioned spaces and live in a region high in pollution, you are more likely to suffer from these deficiencies. You should eat a lot of fishes, eggs and green leafy vegetables in this case. You should consume dairy products since they contain healthy fats along with all the fresh fruits and vegetables you can think of.
- Tingling sensation followed by numbness in the hands and feet: This indicates that your body is deficient in B vitamins such as B12, B6, and folate or B9. It is a health issue directly connected with the peripheral nerves and their ending on the skin. These symptoms may be accompanied by depression, anemia, fatigue and even hormone imbalances. Foods like eggs, mutton, chicken, nuts, wheat germ, brown rice, grains, and sprouts are an excellent source of vitamin B.
- Cracks at the corner of the mouth: This is a common symptom indicating a deficiency of B vitamins along with iron and zinc. This problem is mostly seen among vegetarians since they do not eat enough iron, zinc and Vitamin B12. It could also mean that you are cutting down on some proteins required for your immunity building owing to excessive dieting. You should include more poultry products, tomatoes, lentils, and peanuts. Make sure that you eat dairy products such as paneer, yogurt, and ghee or clarified butter.
- Muscle cramps along with throbbing pain in calves, arches of feet and back portion of the legs: If this is the case with you, then you are not just deficient in vitamin but calcium, magnesium and potassium as well. This may also happen if you are training hard since you are likely to lose more minerals through heavy sweating. Have a lot of fresh fruits, dry fruits and vegetables to fix these issues.
The key to avoiding such problems is to have a balanced meal every day. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.