Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Swarna JyothiYour feedback matters!
Sir I am suffering from severe fever and bodypains and heavy leg pains and I am unable to walk due to leg pains and very suffocating and I cannot eat anything my mouth became tasteless now I cannot eat anything due to fever please help me with your suggestion.
My son is 19 years old having epilepsy since 4 years with medicines levepsy 500 * 3 and velprin chrono 500 * 3 daily still he is having seizures.what can be done
Hi I'm a male I'm not good looking or handsome nor have a fairer looks thts y girls dnt look at me or I don't have any gf till now I'm 24 years now and I'm single no girls look at me bcoz I'm not fair looking nor good looking or handsome so I feel or get depressed by this and think alot I feel sad and depressed very much please help me or tel me wat should I do please help me with this please.
Am unable to sleep. Due to tensions how can I have a peaceful sleep. While I sleep my mind was in disturbed way about studies job. How can I get a relaxed sleep.
Madam I am 39 year woman mother of two daughters. I am suffering from inferiority complex. I can not talk to men. I feel if I will talk to them, I will unconsciously start looking at their lips or private parts and they'll think I am a woman with bad character. But I don't have anything bad in my mind. I don't want my daughters be like me. Or be ashamed of me. Please help me.
My age is 22 and I listen that Sertraline is used after 15 days of prothiaden I leave prothiaden from three days can I use sertraline or not.
I don't have any addiction either of alcohol or cigarette smoking. My diet includes mix of all vegetables, half litre cow or skimmed milk daily. I don't eat rice and not much fruits and salad is included.
I am experiencing chest pain, discomfort on left side (front and back chest, and left upper arm). So far, doctors have performed Echo (clear, no issues indicated), TMT (when the technician stopped it, it showed Max HR 152 bpm 83% of max predicted 179 bpm. Max BP 160/100. Remarks say -" Good effort tolerance. No Angina or Arrhythmia. No Significant ST-T changes found), Endoscopy (didn't show any ulcers or any issues, normal mucosa), and Ultrasound scan of abdomen (only issue as per report is Fatty Liver measuring 17.5 cms). However, I have been to emergency room 4 times during last 1 month due to chest pain, sweating, etc. Everytime, they did ECG and Troponin tests and then sent me home after giving Pantoprazole injection. Doctor says I don't have any heart related condition. According to him, I have" Non-ulcer Dyspepsia" that is being worsened by my anxiety and panic. He has suggested - Pantodac DSR (twice a day), Atorvastatin 10 mg (at night), and Alprazolam 0.25 (at night). My cardiologist says that since TMT and Echo were normal, there is no possibility of a heart attack. I asked him whether I should undergo any further tests like CT Angiography to rule out any blockages etc. He told me very clearly that I am panicking for no reason and I should consult a psychiatrist. He says that my pain is result of anxiety and panic. I tried explaining to him that I do get anxiety and panic but it happens after I get chest pain, sweating, and breathlessness. What to do now? Should I consult another cardiologist? Is a clear TMT indicator that there is no risk of a heart attack? Is a clear Echo indicator that there are no other heart issues?
I have been smoking from a year If I checked up my lungs or body .they may find that I have an habit of smoking?
Many young kids go through a stage between the ages of 2 and 5 when they stutter, repeating certain syllables, words or phrases, prolonging them, or stopping, making no sound for certain sounds and syllables. Stuttering is a form of dysfluency — an interruption in the flow of speech.
In many cases, stuttering goes away on its own by age 5; in others, it lasts longer.
There's no cure for stuttering, but effective treatments are available and you can help your child overcome it.
Experts think that a variety of factors contribute to stuttering, including:
- Genetics about 60% of those who stutter have a close family member who stutters.
- Other speech and language problems or developmental delays.
- Differences in the brain's processing of language: people who stutter process language in different areas of the brain. And there's a problem with the way the brain's messages interact with the muscles and body parts needed for speaking.
- High/increased activity level.
- Rapid rate of speech.
Doctor, I always become a fool because of forgetful or don't catch any talk in my mind, if someone has said me then i'm confusing. Tell me, what to do?
Sir, my age is 30 years old. I have the depression problem from the last 3 years. I consult the doctor he can give the the medicines like olimelt-5 mg, venlor-75 capsule. I can use the medicine but nothing is change in my depression condition with that of I am intense about anything with at slowly my hair fall in my headache. I can talk to myself when I was alone in the house doctor suggested to give the scanning of my brain but nothing is not in there scanning. I want to get the rid of the depression. Can you please suggest the proper medicine to me with out any side effects.
This is Surabhi. My days are getting worse to worst I am unable to come out from those negative memories of my life that are continuously making me feel low and depressed, tell me doctor how to come out of this depression.
My uncle is having pain and swellings in his foot. He is having such problem twice or thrice in a year. Meanwhile when the pain is unbearable he takes pain killer then he gets alright. Can you suggest what could be the problem?
What so ever I read I didn't remember it for a long time as I am a student this is a big head ache for me. Please tell me what to do ?
I am a 20 years old girl I came in relationship with a guy of 19 years 9 months ago we were best frns currently we are not in relationship but we still love each other bcz of some family problems we decided for breakup but we are too attached whenever I imagned my life without him I get depressed feel like dead bczm too serious about him please suggest what should I do.
Depression is recognized as a mood disorder characterized by the prolonged feeling of sadness and loss of interest in otherwise regular activities. The symptoms include loss of sleep and appetite, loss of interest, persistent feeling of sadness and lowered self-esteem. These symptoms should last for a minimum of 4 weeks for the individual to be diagnosed with depression. Sometimes, at its later stages, depression can also be accompanied by suicidal tendencies.
How it can be treated?
- Role of anti-depressants: Depression has become rather common in the present day scenario. The treatment varies from prescription drugs to therapy. People who have depression are usually given mood enhancers and anti-depressants. Antidepressants are medicines used to help people who have depression. With the help of these depression medications, most people can achieve significant recovery from depression. Most antidepressants are believed to work by slowing the removal of certain chemicals from the brain. These chemicals are called neurotransmitters (such as serotonin and norepinephrine). Neurotransmitters are needed for normal brain function and are involved in the control of mood and in other responses and functions, such as eating, sleep, pain, and thinking. Antidepressants help people with depression by making these natural chemicals more available to the brain. By restoring the brain’s chemical balance, antidepressants help relieve the symptoms of depression. Specifically, antidepressant drugs help reduce the extreme sadness, hopelessness, and lack of interest in life that are typical in people with depression. However, these are but short-term solutions to depression and don’t necessarily cure the individual completely. For the treatment to be effective, the drug intake must be combined with therapeutic techniques to solve the problem at the root level.
- Therapy: Different therapeutic techniques are used to treat depression depending majorly on the individual, the cause of depression and general history and state of mind. Research suggests that client centered therapy and cognitive behavioral therapy are a good start with an average case of depression. The therapists usually incorporate several other methods based on the client’s need to get maximum effect. Adlerian techniques, where individuals are made to comprehend the thoughts and emotions which influence their lifestyles and adopt a more productive and positive way of life, are rather helpful with most clients who suffer from depression.
Depression is a fairly common mental health disorder today, affecting a large population. Depression must be acknowledged as a proper mood disorder and not just a passing phase. It is completely curable with proper medicine and therapeutic sessions. The individual is able to move over the feelings of unhappiness and lack of interest with proper care and acceptance from loved ones in addition to therapy and the drugs, of course. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.