Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sushila SambamurthyYour feedback matters!
My baby boy is 2 months old. Now a days he is not sleeping well. And his weight is 5 kg now. 3.4 kg is his birth weight. I'm in doubt that is my milk is sufficient for him. Please let me know.
My baby daughter (1 years 10 months old) doesn't eat and drink anything except milk. A few months earlier she used to eat rice, vegetables, fish, egg, fruits but suddenly stopped eating. When I force her to eat she cries her lungs out. I am really concerned about her health. Please help me out. Thanks.
Hello my daughter is 5 year old with global developmental delay still she can't walk and talk her physiotherapy and other therapies are going on from last four year but the improvement is very slow according to her age. We heard about the new treatment called neuro regenerative rehabilitation therapy (stem cell therapy) in this they take bone marrow from patients hip bone and they separate the stemcells with regenerative techniques and inject in her spine. This treatment is offering by neuro gen brain and spine institute Mumbai. please let me know is this treatment is good for child or not.
My son will complete 2 years of age in coming September. Please help me some guiding some good or healthy food for him as now a days he is not looking anything as what ever we give him he takes that from his mouth immediately and keeps crying for not eating. . He is also losing waiting because of this.
Hi, My child, is around 9 months old. He was exclusively breast mild for first 6 months. Now weaning. I do breast feed and give homemade cerelac and other homemade food. Do any formula milk is required in additional? If yes, please suggest what is good.
My daughter's age is 3 and half years. She has constipation problem after every 2 or 3 days.What can i do?
Is there any side effect of masturbation on 16 years old boy? I try masturbation in 1 weak 1 time. Is there any effect on my hair?
Is there any treatment other than borne marrow transplantation (which was ruled out in this case) and blood transfusion on a regular monthly basis (which is being done for her for last 18 years and high chances of infections) for THALASSEMIA MAJOR. This girl, who is the daughter of my friend, is suffering from this since the age of 2 and she is now 20 doing her BBA LLB. She is a very normal cute girl without any external look of a patient. She is based in Kerala.
I have a boy baby. He is 13 month old we put up in Bangalore. Last two weeks ago he came from Coimbatore. Earlier he was in Coimbatore. Then last Sunday night onwards he have fever we giving paracetamol 125p. But still he have a fever. What medicine we need to give. Then what is the reason fever not yet to cure.
My daughter is 4 yrs old weighing only 10 kg 500gm she does not gain weight and is very weak i consulted many doctors but is useless they say she is very active thats the only anwer i get she has problem eating solid food she does not like to eat a single fruit nor chocolates or any chips or waffers from outside and also harras me a lot to eat home made food pls help my daghter fo that she start liking to eat food and gain some weight atleast.
My baby is 4 months 2 weeks old. He is on mixed feeds l. E. Both breast feed and formula. He hasn't passed stool for last 2 days. He is having proper feeds and no stomach ache.
My son is one month old, he is passing watery faltus sometimes is it normal. Many people says it is normal in infants.
Dear Sir/Madam, My daughter is 6 years old, above the buttocks there is a small hole are there. There is no pus are coming and no hair on it, whether she have to do surgery for that problem?
My son 2 years 4 months old. He is thin and doesn't have good eater. Kindly suggest any good syrup for him.
Are you aware of the number of people who suffer because of pneumonia? As the weather becomes cold and damp, chances of getting affected by pneumonia increases. Pneumonia can originate from virus, bacteria and a host of other factors. It is one of the most common ailment which affects the adults, all over the world. Hence, it is important for all of us to prevent ourselves from pneumonia and for that we can follow the below mentioned steps:
- Know about the symptoms of pneumonia first: It is difficult to detect or diagnose pneumonia, especially in people over the age of 65. In older patients, the common symptoms such as fever, chills, cough may not be experienced. You should watch out for non-respiratory symptoms like weakness, dizziness, delirium and confusion. It is even more difficult to diagnose pneumonia in people who are suffering from preexisting conditions.
- Practice good hygiene: Common respiratory infections, influenza and cold may cause pneumonia. You should follow hygienic habits. Wash your hands regularly before meals and use hand sanitizers in order to prevent the illness from spreading. You should also maintain proper oral hygiene as several oral infections may also lead to pneumonia. You should also keep away from people who are affected by pneumonia or any other illness like flu, cold and serious diseases such as measles or chicken pox. All these factors may cause pneumonia.
- Get vaccinated: It is recommended for people of all ages who may be at a risk of getting pneumonia to get vaccinated and immunised against pneumonia causing virus called pneumococcal pneumonia. This is a one-time vaccine, which prevents and reduces the severity of pneumonia. A booster vaccine after every five years may also be prescribed. Elderly people should be vaccinated against all diseases which cause pneumonia.
- Quit smoking: Smoking accounts for being a major cause or risk factor for pneumonia. It increases a person’s chance of getting pneumonia as the lungs’ ability to defend themselves from the infection is reduced. By quitting smoking, you will be able to prevent pneumonia.
- Maintain a good general health: Maintaining an overall good health and following healthy habits will help you in preventing pneumonia. This is because your immune system stays strong and is able to fight efficiently against pneumonia-causing infections. A proper diet with all essential nutrients is also recommended along with regular physical exercise and proper rest.
Severe cases of pneumonia are capable of making you suffer and you may be admitted to a hospital. According to studies, it has been estimated that more than 60% of people over the age of 65 need to be hospitalised because of pneumonia.