Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Susheela
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SusheelaYour feedback matters!
I am 48 years old. In april I was having period for 12 days, then it is stopped during may and june. Then suddenly from July 12 it is started and still bleeding is continue. It is almost 25 days gone. What to do. It is sometimes black and red also.
I am not having my period. Its almost 5 days late still nothing. I am also having pain and feeling in my down stomach. Please answer me fast what to do.
Am married, 1 year gone as like that, we are trying to conceive a baby, but am not. Every month my periods is normally coming in the exact date. Wat to do. I took many tests also all the results is normal. Pls give me suggestions.
I am 29 years old. I had go through my first IUI last month and unfortunately result was negative. When I ask doctor she told that its unexplained infertility. She told that my amh is 1.35 and I am unable to conceive naturally with good quality egg. My rest of reports are normal. I just want to know that what is my chances to conceive if I take second chance of IUI.
I am 27 years old and female. I have 2 years baby. I have done abortions for 2 times. I become so weak. What shall I have to do? I have stomach pain and urine infection.
I had sex 10 days before. And now I missed my period. I want to know if there is any way to avoid pregnancy without having and abortion by using only pills.
I am having white deposition in private parts especially anal area and vaginal area with itching. Even after clearing it again gets deposited with heavy itching. Kindly suggest what should you do.
My pre pregnancy weight was 50 kgs and now I am 65 kgs. I have a 5 months old baby. My weight isn't shedding plus suddenly my knees pain alot when I go to bed and my back as well. I have no uric acid, sugar, pressure problem then what is the cause of the pain. The whole day I feel no pain. Please let me know what should be done.
Emphysema is a breathing disorder that has no cure and worsens with time. The symptoms of emphysema - a feeling of tightness in the chest, persistent cough, wheezing and breathlessness – are caused due to destroyed or impaired functioning of lung tissue.
A thorough physical examination which would include weight and blood pressure checks would be performed. The doctor would also listen to the heartbeat to determine if it sounds strange or different.
In addition to checking for the signs and symptoms of emphysema, a physical examination would also help the doctor in determining the following:
- Whether the fingertips are rounded. This condition is also known as “clubbing”.
- Whether you have a rounded or “barrel chest” which is caused by lungs that are larger than normal.
- If the lips have a blue tinge also known as cyanosis, which is a sign of low levels of oxygen in the blood.
- Signs of malnutrition as in advanced cases of emphysema the muscles slowly waste away.
Tests For Emphysema
A doctor would recommend additional tests to confirm his diagnosis of this lung condition. Some of the tests are:
- Pulmonary Function Tests or PFTs and spirometry tests would be advised to measure the volume and capacity of the lungs.
- A chest X-ray is useful to diagnose advanced emphysema as the lungs appear larger than normal in patients with this condition.
- A CT scan of the chest will show the air sacs or alveoli have been destroyed.
- The blood test report of patients with emphysema would show a high amount of red blood cells. The production of red blood cells in the body increases due to the reduced levels of oxygen.
- A pulse oximetry test also known as an oxygen saturation test could be done to measure the amount of oxygen in the blood. A monitor would be attached to the patient’s forehead, finger or earlobe to carry out this test.
- An arterial blood gas test is usually performed on patients as their condition worsens. It measures the amount of oxygen and carbon dioxide in the blood.
- An electrocardiogram or ECG might be advised to rule out condition such as heart disease as a cause of shortness of breath.
Management and Treatment
There is no known cure for emphysema and the condition can worsen with time. Treatment will slow the speed of decline and will depend on the severity of the condition when diagnosed. Some treatment options are:
- Quit smoking to protect your lungs.
- Bronchodilator medications used to treat asthma are useful in relaxing the muscles around the airways.
- Anti-inflammatory medications reduce inflammation around the airways.
- Oxygen therapy is recommended to patients when they are not able to breathe enough oxygen from the air.
- In some severe cases, lung volume reduction surgery might be advised to relieve pressure on the muscles required for breathing and to improve the elasticity of the lungs.
Keeping your home clean and free of dust and pollutants will help to prevent respiratory infections and disorders such as emphysema. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!