Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. SusheelaYour feedback matters!
The acids help the body dissolve the food particles and also break it down to more basic elements. However, when the body produces too much acid, it causes acid reflux which can cause discomfort. Too much acid within the body, which is also known as hyperacidity, can be caused by a multitude of factors.
Known and effective Ayurvedic cures: Ayurveda considers acidity to be a 'Pitta' problem and it can be corrected by following certain simple steps. There are other food ingredients which are also used as remedial tools. Let's have a look at some of the dos and don'ts of Ayurvedic remedies for acidity.
Don'ts for acidity according to Ayurveda:
1. Limit junk food and other foods, which are very heavy in fats and processed items: Most processed foods and junk food usually made in stores contain unhealthy fats. The stomach needs to produce more acid in order to digest them and thus may end up causing acidity.
2. Stop excessive consumption of tea, coffee: Stop consumption of caffeinated beverages such as tea, coffee and other caffeine injected drinks which may encourage the production of more stomach acids.
3. Stop the consumption of alcohol and cooperates: Apart from being generally bad for health as both of these are known contributors of cancers, they can even affect smaller day to day functions and can lead to acidity.
4. Don't consume foods which are high in acidic content: If you tend to like food which is very high in acidic content, it is advisable to limit its consumption. Some examples of this are:
- Sour citrus fruits
- Salty fried foods
Dos for acidity according to Ayurveda:
There are multiple solutions for acidity in Ayurveda which have been known cures for generations. Let's take a look at some of these.
- Do have meals on time: It is best to not skip meals as this can cause the acidity levels within the stomach to rise if it doesn't have any food to digest. It is especially harmful to skip breakfast and then have a heavy lunch to compensate.
- Do have amla or Indian gooseberry: This is a very effective weapon against acidity and chewing a few morsels will easily cure the problems in your stomach.
- Pomegranate Juice: Very small quantities of Pomegranate juice on a daily basis will be very beneficial for a bad case of acid reflux.
- Coconut water: Drink coconut water as it is known to have properties to neutralize the stomach acids.
- Aniseed: Also known as saunf, you can chew them raw and slowly swallow with water for quick relief from acidity.
- Jeera: Jeera consumed with warm ghee and then mixed with rice tends to be very good for acidity as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ayurveda and ask a free question.
My wife has been diagnosed having two large nabothian cysts about 26x25 and 25 x20 in uterus in june2014. This year she was asked to go for colposcopy with biopsy following post coital bleeding. While doing biopsy the doctor could not take the sample due to bleeding. Then she had advised hysterectomy which is a big operation. I want to know how these cysts can be treated without hysterectomy.
I had sex 2 months ago and now I did home pregnancy test and I got the result as negative, is this right and one more doubt is within how many days we can do home pregnancy test (I mean within one month test will work like that). Thank you.
Hi doctor, am seventh month pregnant now. Still I am not taking saffron for baby colour. If I take from this month is it gives colour to my baby or not.
Good morning, I am 22 years female, from 3 months I am not getting periods. I was married 5 months back, I am not ready to get pregnancy now, how can I remove pregnancy with medicines. I am scared of abortion, this movement I am ready for a baby. I just need time to get ready for baby. Please help me.
Hello Doctor, I am from Coimbatore. My Wife - 26 gave birth to a boy baby in August. She is facing some difficulties in milk secretion. Even following some non-veg diets suggested by her parents, we are not satisfied with the result. Kindly suggest us some effective diets that can boost up the breast milk.
I am 28 years old. I am having continues problem of itching and burning in vagina and also had white discharge problem. I am married and have one girl child, my periods are normal, I do not have any pain, and color is white what should I do?
I am 25 years old girl. This monts my periods get late 10 days and not start till now. I dont have sex so this is not a cause. So can you help me to what I do get start?
We are new married couple and both partner do not want to baby for some month, so please let me know and how to protected sex.
Me and my husband trying for a baby from last two years. We had sex according to the calculation of our evaluation last month and after 13 days like on 27 Jan ,17 I had cramps with little spot of blood and then went away. And today I have bleeding but its not like my normal period. My cycle is not regular as its is expected on 7 Feb, 17. Can you please suggest what exactly is this?
She is now 47 years old for few years onwards stopped periods but now she got periods and over bleeding. We went to hospitals they said she has thyroid so it will be happen like this is it correct or not are is there any problem.
I am 28 year old guy and suffering from kidney stone from past 3 years, some time it make lot back pain and while urinating early morning it's contain blood I mean to say that fully reddish color.
Hi Doctor, I tolt my period was over but I had leftover blood in my pantie liner the accidentally had sex for the first time intercourse was painful and difficult to enter but did because of the pain I ask him to stop then I wear my pant for a short while the blood in my pantie liner was more, I want to no if the blood that came out was my hymen or period blood it is similar to the leftovers blood then for some months I try to put my one finger there to see if it can enter but was difficult wen I try is like something pulling me back since that intercourse I have not had sex ever am scared help me doc.
Okay, you are now going to the gym. So, you stack up your kitchen with all the possible supplements that your friend or gym instructor or the expert on some teleshopping show have advised you.
But, where's the real food?" It's not that most people gyming are not eating home food but most are taking in lots of calories and nutrients in the form of energy bars, nutrient-enhanced drinks, and fortified packaged foods. Actually, "real" foods like fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean meats—are better for you than fortified products.
That's because there's more to a chikki or a sweet potato than just a protein bar or carb drink. Within the body, vitamins, minerals, and other essential nutrients work together with literally thousands of other compounds, such as color components in fruits and vegetables, special starches and fibers in whole grains, and unique fats in seeds, nuts, and dairy. And it's the whole package that promotes good health and peak performance in the gym or any other sports. Of course, protein bars and shakes seem like a convenient way to take in all nutrients at one go without the hard work of preparing it. But getting these nutrients—and more—from real food is not difficult.
The need for supplementation should not surpass the intake of real foods. Remember, no supplement will work in isolation. For you to achieve the best from it also needs the best of a healthy diet.
Look for some easy ways in the part two of this topic, and your body will get everything it needs for better health and better performance in the sport you are into.
I delivered a baby through c-section. My baby is of three months. Can I do Alom vilom yoga? Please suggest any exercise or yoga to bring my tummy to normal size.
The medical term used for kidney disease is Nephrosis and it is seldom also known as the nephritic syndrome. There are a lot of likely causes for this condition and it is detected by carrying out urine test. The treatment for Nephrosis is a long term treatment and done mainly to prevent kidney failure. The kidney disease is very painful and occurs in people of all age groups. It is very important for people who are new to kidney disease that they know about the nine things they should do to stay strong.
Important information on kidney disease:
- The feeling of helplessness on occurrence of kidney disease can be overcome by educating yourself. Individuals should learn everything about kidney disease and can gain vital information even from the Internet.
- It is very obligatory that the advice of the doctor be followed by an individual suffering from Kidney disease. It is not indispensable that the kidney disease always leads to failure of kidney and to keep your kidney healthy and stay away from any damage, it is necessary to comply with the orders of the Doctor.
- It is very important that you stick to a diet, which would keep you healthy and protect your kidneys from any further damage. You should be mindful on everything you eat and you can gain assistance on your diet from a renal dietitian.
- When you suffer from chronic kidney disease, the blood values become very important to gauge the condition of your disease and whether it is getting worse or stable. From time to time, the healthcare provider would check your urine and blood regularly and he would also monitor your blood pressure and blood sugar.
- You can ask help from the support group and accept their assistance. Your family is your best support system in times of need and so involving them is very important.
- You must make sure that you are getting the proper care you need and you need to educate yourself by communicating as well as asking questions.
- You can feel much better by being active, so do things that make you happy. You can exercise regularly, but after taking advice from your doctor. Your main focus must be to keep your heart healthy.
- A positive attitude is anytime helpful in healing a disease. You can listen to music that entertains your mind and helps you stay positive.
- It is not difficult to stay healthy even with kidney disease, as a positive feeling would eventually help face the kidney disease. You must plan ahead and be ready for kidney transplant without getting worried.
Most importantly, spread awareness and help people tackle the situation without any difficulty.