Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Susheela
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SusheelaYour feedback matters!
I am 27 years old female and I am pregnant with 5weeks 5 days but from past few days I am getting brownish and radish spotting once a while and also having cramps sometimes now. I have been advised for an ultrasound after 7weeks till then I have been prescribed sustain 200 n mhr bio. please tell me clearly will this lead to miscarriage? As this is my first pregnancy. This tension is killing me.
I am 35 year lady I have delivered my baby on dec. 2014 but I have no periods now what would I do to start my regular periods.
I had my last periods on 9 december 2016. Now im having my periods 2st jan 2017. Which is 8 days before my regular periods. On 31st december 2016 I had unprotected sex. Is that can be a pregnancy? But im feeling like regular periods same as that. Is there any possibility to be pregnant. Just 2 days. So help me out. Can I stop pregnancy from home remedies itself? Tell me if there any possibility and to stop being pregnant because we are not ready for that.
I am 37 old female having vaginal wart near valva what is it treatment can I have sex with my husband.?
My friend is suffering fron severe vaginal infection with irritation. White discharge. And in the morning she identified some blood while passing urine. She is feeling pain in abdomen also. Kindly suggest some thing. Is that severe?
In vitro fertilisation (IVF) is a medical procedure followed for those women or couples suffering from infertility or for certain specific genetic problem. In the normal course, women or couples experience positive results within a few IVF cycles. However, in spite of reasonable pregnancy rates, some women may require few more cycles to achieve pregnancy. In such cases, in order to ensure a healthy pregnancy, the gynecologist may suggest the women undergo Endometrial Scratching before IVF.
Endometrium explained in brief:
The uterus is located in the pelvic region and it is in the size and shape of a pear. The inner cavity of the womb or uterus is protected by the tissue lining called endometrium, also called endometrial. The endometrium plays a significant role in supporting the pregnancy.
The enhanced success of achieving pregnancy:
The endometrial scratching procedure is a very simple one, which is resorted, so as to improve the results of IVF procedure. In this procedure, the gynecologist uses a very fine catheter and makes a small scratch on the endometrial lining. In fact, the scratch causes a kind of inflammatory reaction in the uterus. This inflammatory reaction induces the endometrium to be highly receptive to embryos during the successive menstrual cycle. This added receptivity enhances the success of pregnancy during the next menstrual cycle.
Considering the higher level of success in achieving pregnancy, the endometrial scratching procedure has gained popularity in the IVF procedure. However, some of the other issues related to endometrial scratching may be as follows:
- Endometrial scratching optimises the uterine lining and thereby, makes it easier to continue the embryo implanting procedure. Normally, before the endometrial scratching procedure, the gynecologist may suggest endometrial biopsy.
- The endometrial procedure is usually suggested for those women who had two or more unsuccessful IVF procedures, despite having good quality embryos. However, in some cases, depending on the health of the patient and various other factors, the gynecologist may suggest this endometrial scratching at the very first IVF procedure. This procedure can be availed either for fresh embryos of the couple or frozen embryos or for the donor egg.
- Although this is a part of a surgical procedure; endometrial scratching is very simple and painless and it is done without administering anesthesia. The procedure does not require any hospitalisation. In fact, the patient can go home soon after the procedure. Except for a few pain killers, this procedure does not require any extensive medication.
This is a safe and easy procedure. Neither does it lead to any side effects, nor is the procedure burdensome for your wallet. Many couples have been benefited by this endometrial scratching procedure. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
“8” Shaped Walk Maintain Good Health
Walking is one of the best exercise and will maintain good health. We should walk with free mind without any distraction. If it is done properly excellent health will be maintained. In this modern world Morning walk is becoming fashion and many of the people walk chatting with friends in person or thro mobile . Walking with talking .
Among the walking exercise best walking exercise is “8 shape walk method”. It is supreme of all. This is one of the best methods which give miraculous benefits as suggested by the Yogis and Siddhars. It should be practiced daily for 15-30 minutes. Only at the time of driving license we think about 8 and drive the vehicle in the 8 shape circle and get license. Driving in the 8 shape line by vehicle we get license. But if we walk in the 8 shape line we will maintain good health. We will see the method of 8 walk, how it should be done properly, and what are all the benefits.
Procedure to do “8” shaped walking exercise:
- Practice this in the morning, evening or in empty stomach, in the open or in a room in the north-south direction. Draw a parallel line from east to west or west to east in the north side and leave ten feet gap and draw 8 shape line; now practice “8” shaped walking.
- Walk North to south and South to North clockwise and anticlockwise fifteen minutes each.
- Practice “8” shaped walking first and then you may do some simple yogic exercise and breathing exercise.
- During this walk we will necessarily concentrate in walking in the 8 shape line. Possibility of chatting with friends in person or in mobile like in normal walking is avoided. Proper and normal breathing is possible.
- In our hand palm and leg palm all reflex points of our entire internal organs are located.(See the leg palm picture) Due to the pressure in palm, at the time of walking ( we should walk in bare foot without shoes/chapel ) all our internal organs are activated and we get relief from concerned diseases.
- Benefits of doing “8” shaped walking exercise:
- During walk in the 8 shape our entire body ( hip, abdomen etc.) is twisted and all our organs are activated.
- At the end of thirty minutes of 8 walking stuffy nose is cleared and feel free breathing from both the nostrils.
- In the mean time we can feel the cough in the lungs and sinus cavity get dissolved. The phlegm is eliminated either by spitting out or getting assimilated into the body and your asthma is reversed.
- As five kilogram of oxygen is inhaled due to complete respiration, phlegm in the lungs is released. Intake of five kilograms of oxygen energizes the body.
- Headache, Digestive Problems, Thyroid, Obesity, and Knee pains, Rheumatoid Arthritis, and constipation is reversed.
- It reduces the sugar level in the blood and reverses your diabetes and its complication within a year of regular 8 walking twice daily for half an hour.
- Improves eye sight. Due to concentration in the 8 shaped line, short sightedness and other eye related problems are improved /curtailed.
- Hearing power is improved. Gentle walking reduces the blood pressure.
- Practicing this for half an hour twice a day cures foot cracks, all types’ pain and knee pain.
- Aged persons and those who are unable to do this by themselves can do it with the help of others and get benefited even paralysis.
- Shoulder, neck, back, lumbar, knee, heels, cervical and lumbar, spondylitis, sciatica, disc prolapsed, paralysis, depression, epilepsy, migraine, diabetics B.P, thyroid, kidney and gall bladder stones, asthma, sinusitis, piles, colitis, nervous debility , sleeplessness, Heart diseases, kidney problems are benefitted through this “8” walking.
- Practicing this exercise regularly, brings back youth to us, reverses all your diseases And a person of seventy years old may feel that he is young like his grand children.
- Happily practice “8” shape walk” and enjoy good health without any disease.
We are married couple, yesterday afternoon just after intercourse suddenly my wife feeling so much pain in the lower end of stomach or upper part of vagina. The pain was very sharp, she even unable to move or stand up. It is the very first time. Her last period date was 8th Dec 2016. After 1 hour pain stopped little bit, but she is feeling very week and sensation of vomiting. Even today she feels very week and sensation of vomiting continues. Can't under stand what should I do. She had got vagina infection 4 or 5 days earlier. She took Alkasol Syrup and a pain killer. Please help me doctors why this thing occurred. I'm very much tensed.
Your smile holds great importance as it is one of the first things that a person will notice about you. A smile can leave a long lasting impression on people and is very important for self-esteem and confidence. Smile makeover is a process, which considers your facial appearance, tone of skin, color, width, length or shape of your teeth along with the gum tissues and lips in order to improve your smile. A smile makeover can be done according to your preference and choices.
Here are the areas on which a complete smile makeover concentrates and improves upon:
- Teeth Color: For a perfect smile make over, natural, composite restorations can be used to replace silver and amalgam dental fillings. Teeth whitening process can be undertaken to improve upon the color of the teeth, which are stained or dull. The color and shade of teeth are taken into consideration for several things such as crowns, bridges or dental implants. White, glossy teeth give a youthful, fresh smile. The whitening is done to such an extent that it complements your other features.
- Spacing and Alignment of Teeth: Teeth which overlap each other, have gaps in between or have a crooked appearance can be straightened, and the alignment can be modified by orthodontics or invisalign.
- Replacing Missing Teeth: Missing teeth affect your appearance and your smile by a great deal. The risk of tooth decay is also enhanced. For an ideal smile make over, missing teeth should be replaced with dentures, bridges or other modes of dental implants.
- Balancing Uneven Teeth: In case of uneven or chipped teeth with cracks on them, you can undergo cosmetic correction procedures to make your teeth appear balanced. In case you have a gummy smile, you can undergo recontouring procedures for improvement of your smile.
- Modifying Lips and Cheeks: An unshapely face with wrinkles makes your smile unpleasant. This can be corrected using several procedures, which include orthodontics and oral maxillofacial surgery. Correction of your lips and cheeks will improve your smile to a great extent.
- Tooth Length: Long teeth are responsible for a fresh, youthful smile. In case of short teeth, smile makeover techniques such as reshaping or lengthening of teeth can be undertaken. This will improve your smile. The proportion of your teeth can also be corrected to give you a perfect smile. The texture of the teeth can also be modified as a part of the smile makeover.
Treatments Used for Smile Makeover:
- A dentist can use an entire range of treatment to achieve your ideal smile makeover. These include:
- In-office, professional teeth whitening, Can brighten teeth up to 9 shades in a single visit
- Porcelain veneers, Thin, natural-looking, ceramic shells that mask imperfections such as cracks and chips
- Dental crowns, Tooth-shaped prosthetics that go over misshapen or worn teeth
- Invisalign, Clear, removable, custom aligners that gradually straighten minor alignment issues
- Dental bonding, Resin bonded to teeth that conceal cracks, gaps, and chips
- Gum contouring, Removing excess gum tissue to improve appearance and conformity of smile
A complete smile makeover allows you to correct and improve your smile, according to your preference. This process involves several cosmetic methodologies, the proper execution of which gives you an enhanced smile.