Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. SusheelaYour feedback matters!
Hello. Me and my gf wants to have sex bt her vagina is so tight as she is still virgin so I'm not able to put my penis inside her pussy so give Me some advice how to make her hole loose and we can enjoy. Thanks
I am two months pregnant, there is continuous pain in my lower stomach from last 1 month. please help me, I'm feeling restless.
Hi me getting periods twice in one month. And over bleeding also which tablet should I take to stop bleeding.
Are there any blood tests for confirming the “marriage with first cousin (Fathers sisters daughter" is ok or not?
Osteoporosis is slowly emerging as an epidemic in modern day India, with more and more women getting affected by it. Perhaps, it will not be an overstatement to say that by the year 2025, India will be known as the osteoporosis capital of the world. But, the good news is that treatment for osteoporosis and other bone-related diseases is developing rapidly and you can easily maintain proper bone health by making yourself aware about the issues that might affect your bones and opting for ways to prevent them.
How severely are Indian women affected by bone related problems?
With the increase in longevity in Indian women, the extent of bone-related problems is also increasing, especially among women who are close to or have been through menopause. Studies reveal that severe bone-related problems affect about 20% of Indian women between the age of 40 and 50. Some common bone disorders that have a significant impact on the health of women with increasing age are:
- Osteoporosis: This condition is associated with brittle and fragile bones, prevailing as a result of tissue loss due to hormonal changes or lack of requisite amount of vitamin D or calcium in the body
- Osteopenia: Its severity is more than that of osteoporosis and this condition involves the lessening of bone tissues mineral and protein content
- Osteomalacia: It is a condition in which your bones become soft due to vitamin D or calcium deficiency
- Arthritis: In this condition, your joints get inflamed, leading to pain and stiffness
What are the common symptoms associated with bone-related diseases?
If you observe the following signs, you might be suffering from a bone related problem:
- Experiencing pains without any known causes
- Painful joints and muscles
- Difficulty in walking properly
What are the measures can you take to prevent them?
Women under the age of 20 can prevent bone-related issues by:
- Having a balanced diet
- Ensuring that your diet contains the requisite amount of protein, calcium and vitamin D
- Participating in physical activities such as running and jogging
- Staying outdoors to get exposed to sunlight
- Maintaining proper body weight
During the perimenopausal phase (the time when a women is about to experience menopause), she is more susceptible to bone-related issues and should take extra steps to maintain proper bone health. Some of these measures include:
- Being careful about nutrient intake
- Getting yourself checked by a gynecologist at regular intervals to ensure that you have correct bone density and vitamin D and calcium levels
- Taking calcium or vitamin D supplements, if required
- Ensuring that you have an active lifestyle
5 things you should know about menstrual cups
Every day, we see a new thing which makes our life easier and comfortable and menstrual cup is one such thing that makes the life of a woman much easier during those difficult days.
1. Safe and cost effective: these are safe to use and there is no harm or side effects attached to it. You don't have to worry of the hygiene of these cups. These cups have the capacity to hold 30-40 ml of fluid. Tampons and pads are use-and-through and that's why it involves higher cost whereas menstrual cups can be used a number of times which makes it cost-effective.
2. Flexible and reusable: it's a flexible cup which is worn inside vegina where all fluid gets collected. It doesn't absorb the fluid like tampons but only collects it. Unlike tampons, menstrual cups are reusable. You can remove it, throw the fluid and then refix it.
3. Breaking of the seal: you must not use it without breaking the seal. It will be very uncomfortable if the seal is not broken. You will hear a pop voice when the seal gets broken. So, just be careful about this.
4. How to remove: while removing it, it must be pushed downwards just like a bowel movement or push at the time of childbirth otherwise you might face a bit of difficulty but when you have a prior knowledge of how to remove it, it will make things easier for you.
5. Time period: unlike tampons and pads, menstrual cups can be used for a longer period. Time period could go up to 12 hours. So, in a way, it saves your time, energy and is very convenient and easily manageable too.
I am unable to have sex with my husband. Each time he tries the insertion, I move him away because of the pain. This ultimately leads to a fight. Please help me. How should I prepare myself and avoid the pain?
Hi, I am 32 years female. After pregnancy my weight is gained. Now my weight is 71 kg and my height is 5.4feet Can you please suggest me the way by which I can loose my weight.
We had sex on February 10th, she got her late period on February 11 th, and she felt nausea on 4 th, march and she got her period on 17 th, March which is slightly less in quantity, and she again felt nausea on 10 th, April and got her period on 20 th, April which is as normal in quantity, was I safe from pregnancy?
HOW CAN SURGERY BE SCAR LESS?
It is not possible to magically perform operations without access to the abdomen. Scar less or SILS (single incision laparoscopic surgery) is an advanced technique in laparoscopy where the procedure is performed through the umbilicus instead of the traditional 4 or more laparoscopic incisions. As the incision is through the umbilicus the scar is virtually invisible. Single-incision laparoscopic surgical procedures require an experienced surgeon who is highly skilled and experienced in laparoscopic surgery.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF SCAR LESS LAPAROSCOPIC SURGERY (SILS)?
In addition to improved cosmetic outcomes. Single incision laparoscopic surgery leaves the patient with the potential for less post-operative pain, quicker recovery time and reduced risk of wound site infections.
DOES IT NEED SPECIALIZED EQUIPMENT?
SILS surgery needs specialised ports and instruments so that we can achieve triangulation at the surgical site. The imaging system should be high resolution with a HD or 3D camera. The most important factor is a surgeon with the large experience in these procedures both by open as well as laparoscopic route so that it can be done safely.
CAN ALL SURGERIES BE PERFORMED LAPAROSCOPICALLY?
Though a wide range of surgeries have been attempted by SILS as of now it is performed on a regular basis for few standard laparoscopic procedures such as laparoscopic cholecystectomy, appendectomy and obesity surgery. Especially for surgeries like cholecystectomy with risk of bile duct injury it should performed by a surgical gastroenterologist with in-depth knowledge of the gallbladder and bile duct anatomy and physiology.
IS IT A SAFE OPERATION?
Patient selection is very important Not every patient who wants scarless surgery can be offered surgery. Generally patient uncomplicated appendicitis / cholecystitis can undergo scarless surgery. However if local factors are not conducive safe completion of the procedure is more important than cosmesis. Patients should be prepared for conversion to reduced port or multiport laparoscopic surgery if situation warrants.
IS IT AN EXPENSIVE OPERATION?
If the patient built and local factors make it feasible to perform scarless laaproscpic surgery the cost is only marginally higher than standard laproscopic surgery because of the few additional specialized equipment used. It is definitely not much expensive compared to standard surgery.
WHAT CAN WE EXPECT AFTER SURGERY?
The surgery can be performed in about one hour with a typical hospital stay of less than 24 hours.
You will have mild pain and soreness at umbilicus with a 1.5 to 2 cm incision hidden in the umbilicus grove. Patients will probably be able to get back to normal activities within 3-4 days time, including driving, walking up stairs, light lifting and work.
In two weeks time the scar is contracts and disappear into the umbilical fold & becomes virtually invisible. You have undergone a magically scarless operation on your tummy!!
I had sex on 12 April without protection n had my last period on 30 March after sex within 72 hours had medicine bt in night n had papaya n past 3 weeks having coffee for heat as getting to different sounds n without drinking water have to go every time washroom. I have one baby n not looking for one now so need a suggestion how to avoid pregnancy which medicine bcoz I don't want now to be pregnant.
Excessive fat in the body can cause a host of health complications such as diabetes, blood pressure, gout and disorders related to the gallbladder. However, there are certain food types that can help you achieve a healthy body with optimal fat levels.
Some foods that aid fat loss are:
- Greek yoghurt: This type of yoghurt contains higher amounts of protein and fewer carbohydrates as compared to regular yoghurt. It will help you feel full for a longer duration and prevent over snacking.
- Green tea: Apart from its antioxidant properties which are beneficial to the body, it also raises the metabolic rate in the body to burn calories. Catechin is a compound present in green tea that aids in removing belly fat.
- Chili peppers: They contain a compound containing capsaicin that helps in boosting metabolism which in turn burns fat.
- Chicken: Chicken mostly consists of lean protein that requires more calories to digest as compared to digesting fats and carbohydrates. Lean protein also help build muscle in the body which burn more calories when the body is at rest.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon aids the body in transporting the sugar into the cells so that it can be used as energy and not stored as fat.
- Eggs: Eggs are considered to be a type of super food as they contain plenty of minerals and vitamins. Eggs also contain protein that helps in feeling full for a longer duration.
- Non starchy vegetables: Non starchy vegetables such as carrots, squash and zucchini contain fiber that help you feel fuller. They also contain very less carbohydrates so they do not add much calorific value to the body.