Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Susheela
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SusheelaYour feedback matters!
Sir Around Genital organ skin rashes are developed it spreading and it cause much of itching sensation please give me suggestion to get rid from it.
Me and my wife had relation immediately after her period ends and now worried that we don't want baby sor early, my wife took contraceptive pills also but after 2 days and m worried now can you please help me regarding.
Self-awareness (sometimes also referred to as self-knowledge or introspection) about understands your own needs, desires, failings, habits, and everything else that makes you tick. The more you know about yourself, the better you are at adapting life changes that suit your needs.
Why does self-awareness matter?
Self-awareness is the key cornerstone to emotional intelligence, according to daniel goleman. The ability to monitor our emotions and thoughts from moment to moment is key to understanding ourselves better, being at peace with who we are and proactively managing our thoughts, emotions, and behaviors.
In addition, self-aware people tend to act consciously rather than react passively, to be in good psychological health and to have a positive outlook on life. They also have greater depth of life experience and are more likely to be more compassionate to themselves and others.
5 ways to cultivate self-awareness:
1. Create some space for yourself. When you are in a dark room without windows, it is fairly difficult to see things clearly. The space you create for yourself is that crack on the wall where you allow light to come through. Leave yourself some time and space every day – perhaps first thing in the morning or half an hour before sleep when you stay away from the digital distractions and spend some time with yourself, reading, writing, meditating, and connecting with yourself.
2. Practice mindfulness. Mindfulness is the key to self-awareness. Jon kabat-zinn defines mindfulness as “paying attention in a particular way, on purpose, in the present moment, non-judgmentally”. Through mindfulness practice, you will be more present with yourself so that you can “be there” to observe what’s going on inside and around you. It is not about sitting cross-legged or suppressing your thoughts. It is about paying attention to your inner state as they arise. You can practice mindfulness at any time you want, through mindful listening, mindful eating or walking.
3. Keep a journal: writing not only helps us process our thoughts but also makes us feel connected and at peace with ourselves. Writing can also create more headspace as you let your thoughts flow out onto paper. Research shows that writing down things we are grateful for or even things we are struggling with helps increase happiness and satisfaction. You can also use the journal to record your inner state. Try this at home –choose a half day on a weekend, pay close attention to your inner world – what you are feeling, what you are saying to yourself, and make a note of what you observe every hour. You may be surprised about what you write down!
4. Practice being a good listener. Listening is not the same as hearing. Listening is about being present and paying attention to other people’s emotions, body movement and language. It is about showing empathy and understanding without constantly evaluating or judging. When you become a good listener, you will also be better at listening to your own inner voice and become the best friend of yourself.
5. Gain different perspectives: ask for feedback. Sometimes we can be too afraid to ask what others think of us – yes sometimes the feedback may be biased or even dishonest but you will be able to differentiate them from real, genuine and balanced feedback as you learn more about yourself and others. Research has shown conducting 360 degree feedback in workplace is a useful tool to improve managers’ self-awareness. We all have blind spots, so it is helpful to gain different perspective to see a fuller picture of ourselves.
Self-awareness, as “arguably the most fundamental issue in psychology, from both a developmental and an evolutionary perspective”, is a rich and complicated subject. As human beings, we may never fully understand ourselves, if there is such a destination. But perhaps it is the journey of exploring, understanding and becoming ourselves that makes life worth living.
Itching is there on both the vaginal sides. It has become reddish now.& it pains alot. After applying vaseline got relief for 1 day again after 1day itching persist. Please help me. Thanx.
Heavy white discharge after urination 3-4 times in a day. Recently we had sex together it was protected but 1 of the condom was tore out but I know there was no semen present in the condom. But now she's have heavy thick discharge nearly 3-4 times a day. Did this mean she's pregnant?
I have a problem in my body the problem name is manopose please tell me the solution of this problem.
Hi. I am a 22 years old female student. I have severe problem with my bones. It started with a minor infection in the joint between my pelvic girdle and femur 10 years ago but the problem has grown over the years. I have consulted a few doctors over the years but the medications gave me temporary relief. I feel pain in my bones of varying intensities n varying duration anywhere in my body but the problem is more around my elbows and knees. It feels like my bones are weakening from the inside and whenever force is applied either on purpose or accidentally on my bones it hurts .my erythrocyte sedimentation rate was much higher from normal (40 mm/hr. I was told by the doctor that it is due to some infection. But I found on Internet dat it cud be due to cancer or autoimmune disease too. So now I am not sure. have been diagnosed with P.C.O.D.my menstrual cycle is highly irregular. N I believe it to be coz of hormonal imbalance. I don't know if these 2 problems are related or not but it feels like they are. Bone density and estrogen concentration being related. I have taken medication for That too after consulting a gynaecologist but it was also temporary solution. My problem still persists. So now I don't know whom to consult. Please give me some effective advice. So that I could live a healthy life.
2-soya products are good for health.
3-fruits are better than juices.
4- brown rice is better than polished rice and jaggery is better than white sugar.
5- eat high fiber diet like beans, leafy vegetables.
6-avoid apc where a stands for achar, p for papad and c for chutney.
7-get your health check-up done at least once in a year.