Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Suseela VYour feedback matters!
- Do not ignore symptoms like easy fatiguability/ tiredness, dizziness, burning sensation of the feet.
- Get your blood sugar levels done if this is the case.
- Diabetes prevalence is increasing rapidly. Early diagnosis can help prevent complications.
A drastic change in the life style habits and this modern world people face many health issues in their daily life. Obesity is one of the major health issues that most people are affected with.
Obesity or being overweight is a condition characterized by excessive storage of fat in the body. When the body's calorie intake exceeds the amount of calories burned, it leads to the storage of excess calories in the form of body fat. Increased body fat puts a person at risk for many critical conditions such as heart disease, liver damage, diabetes, arthritis and kidney problems.
The most common cause of obesity is a lack of physical activity, intake of excessive carbohydrates, fatty and junk food items. It might be even due to pathological or hereditary cause. Ayurveda gives many natural home remedy measures to reduces the body weight and to get rid of obesity.
In Ayurveda, obesity is known as Medarog, which is caused by the aggravation of Kapha. Kapha is an Ayurvedic humor which is dense, heavy, slow, sticky, wet and cold in nature. It governs all structure and lubrication in the mind and body apart from controlling weight and formation of all the seven tissues - nutritive fluids, blood, fat, muscles, bones, marrow and reproductive tissues.
The Ayurvedic line of management begins with the pacification of Kapha Dosha. This can be done by eliminating Kapha-aggravating foods from the diet. Next, the focus is on cleaning of the Medovahi channels through cleansing herbs so that excess weight can be reduced.
Ginger (Zingiber Officinale), Salacia Reticulata (Kotahla Himbutu), Garcina cambogia (Vrikshamla), Commiphora Mukul Resin (Guggul) and Nigella Sativa are the commonly used Ayurvedic medicines to cure obesity.
Natural Ayurvedic home remedies for managing weight
- Lemon juice and honey: The best and simple way to reduces weight is drinking one cup of warm water mixed with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and one teaspoon of honey in empty stomach.
- Triphala powder: Mixing two teaspoon of triphala powders a natural herb easily available at homes with 500ml of water and allow it to boil for 5mins. Strain the liquid and drink it regularly to burn the excessive fat stored in the body.
- Make cabbage as your best friend: Take one cup of cabbage daily. Cabbage contains tartaric acid and this helps to convert the sugar and other carbohydrates into fat.
- Vyaayaama: Simple exercises are also much essential to be done alone with other remedial measures to reduce the body weight
- Avoid Sugar: Avoid white sugar and starch from diet. Prefer brown rice and other cereals in the diet.
- Control your excessive eating habit: excessive eating of junk and fast foods is the most important cause of obesity. This should be avoided and learn to eat healthy and right food at regular interval. Have only three meals per day. Diet controlling does not mean fasting so it is best advised to have small meal at regular interval.
- Herbs: Herbs like Bibhitaka (Terminalia belericia), amla (Emblica officinalis), Guggul , Haritaki (Terminalia chebula) are effective for reducing the body weight.
There are many other naturally occurring items that feature prominently in managing obesity with Ayurveda. The key aspect to understand here is that Ayurveda stresses on the natural and easy ways in which one can lose weight without having to undergo mental or physical stress and strain.
From last 4-5 months my periods not coming properly. Last time I get my proper periods on 19th, March since march my periods are always being regular with proper bleeding and i'll bleed 6-7 days in periods and it comes at the gap of 25-26 days. But after March my periods date was disturbed sometimes it comes at the gap of 21-22 days it was too early and sometimes its 34-35 days. It all happens to me first time and after march i'll not bleed properly like my usual periods sometimes it was just a spotting. Or sometimes scanty bleeding for 2-3 days. And most important thing is it very much different from my regular periods. Its a dark brown colour or we can say very thick blackish bleed. I'm very much tensed. Help me what to do ?
Its about my wife whos not getting pregnant every time she gets her period and her period are not regular can you please suggest.
Which time is correct for having sex without condoms. She doesn't want pregnancy. So please tell me which time is perfect having sex with my partner. I hope that you will give me prefect advise. Thanks.
Hi lam summaya tajder my marriage 2years complete still now lam was nt pregnant lhad thriord problem lam 50mg yesterday test it normal 1one more that tb problem infertility patient tb 12months completed its normal. How should l conceive pregnancy.
I am 23 years old. I am married I got abortion last month 5th oct 2016, heavy bleeding like 11 days to 15 days. I will take bleeding stop tablets.in this month I did not get periods so sexually attached with my partner he use safety .wht to do for that.
Hello doc. I have one query of my sister. She is 24 nd her vagina is too loose. She nvr had sex bt she use fingering regularly. Now she got engaged nd worried about her sexual life. Shez worried how she manage if itz not bleed on her first nyt. So is there any way to tightens vagina.in few months.
Due to the presence of alveoli, which are balloon-like structures in the organ, your lungs do not sink but float on water.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
I have little pelvic pain but ovarian cyst not there middle pain pelvic Urine infection not there pus cells 2-4 Any reason I have to worry this problem not did intercourse now I'm married lady 1 baby is there.
Hi, Am going to get married next month we have planned baby after 1year so in between if use condom at all times is it fine any health issues will happen? Pls suggest me some ideas. Thank you.
I am in confusion I am married and I have one 5 years old daughter since one year am planing for another child but it is not happening I am male 38years old I think that my sperm count is getting less so can yougive me any advice for this confusion
There are many questions a woman may have in mind for her gynecologist but never asked them. Here are 15 such questions along with their solutions.
1. Does my vagina smell unpleasant?
You should shower it with water and gently wipe it with a wash cloth before any test. Applying perfume makes the smell even worse.
2. What to do in case the feet stink?
You should wear fresh and clean socks before going for the test and getting in the stirrup which is a metal device for convenience of gynaecological tests.
3. In case of a period, should I cancel my test appointment?
A gynaecologist is not afraid nor disgusted by blood as blood is a part of the specialist's profession. If you have heavy bleeding, you can call up the nurse for suggestions.
4. What if the doctor or nurse judges my body?
Your gynaecologist does not care about your body and is more concerned about your problems and how to solve them.
5. What if my legs are unshaved?
Your gynaecologist really does not care about your legs or underarms or any part of your body. Your problem is the only concern for the doctor.
6.What if my shaved hair looks ugly?
As stated before, the gynaecologist is only concerned about your problem and nothing else. Use a sharp razor to prevent bumps or ingrown hair.
7. What is the speculum?
It is a device used by your gynaecologist for opening your vagina in order to observe the cervix or look for infections on the vaginal wall.
8. Why do I urinate in my pants if I sneeze, laugh or cough?
This is a common phenomenon for women who have given birth and is easy to treat.
9. Is my vaginal discharge normal?
Having a small amount of white vaginal discharge is quite normal.
10. What does the gynaecologist check inside my vagina using hands?
The bimanual exam is done using the hands to detect problems in the uterus.
11. What if I do not like birth control means?
There are over 50 methods of birth control and many pills you can choose from.
12. Can I ask about my sexual problems?
Absolutely yes, as it is quite an important issue.
13. Can my partner or family accompany me to the test?
Yes, they can but during the time of the test, they should leave the room.
14. Can I discuss my relationship problems?
Your gynaecologist should know about any issue you are having.
15. If I am having forced sex, should I tell?
Such matters should be conveyed immediately.
You can ask your gynecologist any question, which bothers you, without fear.
Bad breath, also known as halitosis medically, is a much bigger problem than just being a cause for social embarrassment. It could be a symptom of an underlying disorder in your body which when corrected, will result in bad breath being resolved as well. However, in most cases, halitosis or bad breath occurs due to gum and teeth problems or due to life style habits such as a bad diet. Ayurveda has cure for both the problems and offers specialized treatment as well as home remedies.
Some general tips to fight bad breath
Bad breath may occur due to a combination of bad diet or digestive problems as well as oral hygiene issues. Some of the common things to follow, which will reduce your bad breath, especially concerning oral hygiene, are mentioned below
1. Rinse your mouth thoroughly after every meal as it helps clean food particles which may contribute to bad breath
2. Keep yourself hydrated by drinking plenty of water. Dryness of the mouth can often cause bad breath
3. Brush your teeth, preferably at least twice daily and clean your tongue every time you brush your teeth
4. Avoid alcohol, smoking and excessive consumption of caffeine products
5. Use natural breath fresheners such as mint leaves and parsley
6. Don’t use breath mints, mouth fresheners or mouthwashes which have alcohol in them as they may further dry up your mouth, causing bad breath
7. Try and include more of fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet as these will keep you hydrated and supply you with the necessary nutrients to keep your digestive system functional and thus reduce bad breath.
Ayurveda for bad breath
Some of the home remedies as well as specialized Ayurvedic medications that can effectively combat bad breath are mentioned below. However, if you have a persistent problem, it is best to consult with an Ayurvedic practitioner who can help you with tailor made combinations specifically suited to your problem.
- Fenugreek or ‘methi’ and tea leaves: Methi is known to have many medicinal properties in Ayurveda. Boil methi leaves into a cup of tea and drink it once a day to see quick and lasting results.
- Cardamom seeds: This is a quick and effective remedy for bad breath, especially for social occasions. Chew on a few cardamom seeds after a smelly meal and it can definitely take care of your bad breath temporarily.
- Honey ginger and lemon combo: If your body has more ‘Kapha’ based symptoms, then this is a very good remedy. Mix equal amounts of honey with ginger juice and lemon juice and use that concoction to slowly gargle your mouth and then rinse.
- Some specialized medications: Certain special medications may be prescribed by your Ayurveda practitioner such as:
- Kushtha, Nagarmotha, Cardamom, and licorice mixtures
- Dashan Sanskar Churna which is a specially formulated charcoal powder meant for brushing
- Special mixtures made from ingredients such as Manjishtha, Clove, Khadir, Cardamom, Betel nut, Black Pepper, Mayaphal, Kulinjan, Cumin seeds, Vidang, Bakul, and Camphor among others; either in the form of edible medication or in the form of mouthwashes.