Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SuseelaYour feedback matters!
U have a query on behalf of someone. That I am 25 year old and these days started some issues regarding periods. Earlier it used to stay for 4 days continuous but now it goes up till 7 days or it will happen for a while and then it will not happen on that day. Please advice as to how serious it is.
Contraceptive methods of birth control are usually quite successful. By these methods, you can enjoy your life without the worry of pregnancy. Modern technology has led to the formulation of avid techniques of contraception; some are temporary and the others permanent. However, no matter how well these methods work, almost all of them have got a variety of side effects on your body and health.
Here is a list of different modes of contraception and the side effects they may cause:
This long term method of birth control is an effective one. The side effects are:
- A surgery is required where rods are inserted under your skin. This might be risky surgery
- If you want to remove it, again another surgery has to be carried out
- An Infection may develop in the area where the thin rods are inserted
Intra Uterine Device
A device is fitted into the uterus, which does not cause pregnancy. An effective method with the following side effects:
- There is a risk of the device falling off
- This causes puncture in the uterus
- The device made of copper may lead to menstrual cramps and spotting
Depo Provera Hormonal Injection
This mode of contraception involves taking an injection, which restricts pregnancy for a period of three months. The side effects are:
- Gaining of extra weight, fatigue
- Decrease of bone density
- Menstrual bleeding along with spotting takes place
Birth Control Pills
Birth control pills are one of the most common and most effective ways of birth control or contraception. However, several side effects may be observed.
- Causes nausea, headaches and also blood clots in rare cases
- In case you use other prescribed medicines along with birth control pills, severe damage may be inflicted
This mode of contraception is very effective. It also helps in making menstrual periods of women much lighter and in continuity. The side effects are:
- May cause nausea and headache
- There is a vast increase in appetite
- There is a risk of blood clot formation.
A very successful mode of contraception where a diaphragm is inserted and fitted into the vagina. The negatives of this mode are:
- It may get out of place during sex and is likely to cause damage
- The process can be a mess
- Causes urinary infections
All modes of contraception irrespective of their effectiveness have got some side effects on your health. Hence, you must choose them wisely.
I am feeling weak day by day. May be just cause of hand job. Don't know what to do? Feeling weak in sex.
Her periods are late this month. We haven't had sex, but half way insertion had taken place. No ejaculation. To be on the safe side she took ipill, on the very same day. And one more the next day. This happened in November. Her periods have been regular until this point. Next month it was on time. But lasted lesser than usual. In January it was late by 2 days, this time lesser than usual, lasted only 2 days (normally is 4 days). This is the 31st day (usual cycle is 25days). She hasn't had period yet. Could she be pregnant?
19 years female my periods r 15 days late. Going to get pregnancy Ultrasound day after tomorrow. But Dr. I am consulting is a bit rude. I got some intimate moments on 30th november last month. Its 20 today and my period should have come around 7 December. I want to ask if its positive. As its not that late medical abortion is possible so if I come to your hospital what would be the total cost of this. As I live in hostel I have to arrange if its costly. Tried to find your number everywhere but couldn't find. Needed your guidance.
I took an emergency pill about 3 months back. Since then, my menstrual cycle has been erratic. Last month, there was very slight bleeding for 2-3 days (on approximately 6th April) followed by a 7 day long period from 20th. My average is 5 days. This month, again, on 25th May I have started having very slight bleeding. All my blood test reports were normal, including thyroid. HbA1c was slightly high (due to weight gain) but below diabetic level. I must also mention that I have, in the past year gained approximately 15 kgs due to various reasons. Is my erratic period due to the pill + a gain in my weight? Since thyroid has been eliminated and my doctor did not mention PCOS while analysing the reports, what other reason could there be?
I am suffering from vaginal infection from past 3 days. Having itching n rubb swelling. Its getting worst. I used to wash it with V wash. But nt effective. Kindly prescribe me some medicines l, ointment which I can purchase from chemist store & precision which cn cause more infection into this.
Age-50 years. Working as house lady. I suffering whole body swelling, no working capacity I done all the test like TSH, T3,T4, Ultrasound,ECO, EEG etc. But its normal. I don't understand that what is the problem with my body. Please advice what can I do?
What should we do for girls after doing sex. I mean they should not become pregnant what type of tablets should use for girls after sex.
Hi, I am 26 years old lady and my husband's age is 28. We both are working in IT firms. I want to know about what would be the right time to plan a baby. We got married in july 2014. We wish to plan it in End of 2018. Would it be too late or is there any chances for complication because of age. I am getting my periods regularly (usually in 28 days and my cycle mainly remain for 3-4 days) My first period time was when I was in 8th standard. So is there any thing like as I got my periods early I should plan baby early? regards, Shruti.
As they say, it is all in the mind. The chemical and psychological correlation between the brain and intercourse is way too high. Arousal and physical gratification are chemical reactions and with watching porn, what starts as an innocent indulgence can play a major role in these chemical pathways and alter the natural course of things.
What many people don’t realize is that by watching too much porn, the mind’s channeling is affected and therefore the levels of satisfaction are altered. Read on to know some ways that porn harmfully affects your body.
- Personal disconnect: By watching too much porn, a person does not need a partner to get aroused and satisfied. In most cases, the porn and the re-runs of it induce the arousal and gratification. Therefore, when there is an actual partner involved, their role is minimalized and therefore they feel neglected. The partner never feels wanted or satisfied in these relationships.
- Kills libido: Because the person connect is so less, there is no drive to enjoy a good sexual relationship. The partner is not required to turn the addicted person on and so there is no sex drive. There is no role for cajoling, cuddling, or anything that gets personal. It is a mechanical process, and therefore, for the partner, it can be a very harrowing experience. The definition of “normal” keeps changing and evolving for the porn watcher, which may not be easily accepted by the partner. This can lead to a lot of expectation mismatch and failing relationships.
- Short-lived: Because watching porn is all about satisfying the urge for yourself, it is only that in the mind. There is no consideration for a foreplay or intimacy or what the other person could be wanting. This makes it very selfish, leaving a wide gap in terms of loss of intimacy, which is very much expected here.
- Playing it rough: Most people who watch porn gradually move to violent forms of sex and therefore expect to follow it in their lives too. This again can lead to forced impersonal sexual experiences which leave both the partners very unhappy.
- Mechanical: In most porn watchers, the end result is not to enjoy the whole act but to reach a high and be done with it. This makes it mechanical, again adding to the bitterness in the relationship.
- Selfish behavior: As noted in all of the above instances, it always becomes too much of what one person wants. There is very less consideration for the partner, which makes your relationship unhealthy.
So, while watching porn is one’s personal decision, but watching it within a certain limit may keep you from its side effects, and not let it rule your sexual expectations.