Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SuseelaYour feedback matters!
How many days it takes to get period after abortion. I was 4 week pregnant but didn't want child. I took contraceptive pill and it went out but little living tissue was there. Doctor told with period it will go. Pls let me know when will have my period? The date on which I took pill was 26th Oct.
I had unprotected sex on 14th nov 2015 and took an emergency contraceptive ipill within an hour. I was supposed to get my periods on 18th nov. But on 23rd nov I had light bleeding for two days (Instead of the usual 3 days). I have not got my periods again till now in dec 23rd or jan. 23rd I have taken multiple home pregnancy tests over the weeks and all have turned out negative. I visited a doctor who prescribed meprate (Medroxyprogesterone Acetate I. P. 10mg) as a five day course. One tablet in the morning and one in the evening for 5 days. I am on the 3rd day of the course. Please explain what meprate does also, could I be pregnant? If I am not when can I expect my period?
I'm 37 years old. I was 6 weeks pregnant and on 26 September I went for MTP out of depression and fear. But I really wanted that baby. Now I want to be pregnant again so I had sex on 7th day and on 13th day after MTP on 26th September. Will I conceive.
I got recently married. I have taken contraceptive pill one week back and again I am in a need of it. My last period is on 14th December and expected is on 16th January. Whether can I have contraceptive pill now to avoid pregnancy.
I feel week to get pregnant, so I need common medicine to strength my uterus like folic acid etc. Please suggest. Anyway I will not take this medicine without direct consultation. Also need common precautionary steps to avoid miscarriage.
With a number of virus and other mosquito borne disease threats looming in, such as dengue, chikungunya, malaria and other deadly diseases. The number of cases are on the rise throughout the country, there has been an alarming rise is the use of market bought mosquito repellents. While they are no doubt, very effective, but they also emit gases which can be harmful to us. There exist in our homes, commodities with which we can achieve the same results - to have a mosquito-free home. Few such ways are as follows:
1. Though it might smell bad initially, it is also the reason why mosquitoes will stay away. Crush a few pods of garlic, boil it in water and spray the liquid in the room, especially in the corners.
2. Camphor is easily available and good way to get rid of mosquitoes. Light a little bit of camphor in a room after closing all doors and windows. Leave the room for about twenty minutes and when you go back, your room will be mosquito free.
3. Infuse citronella oil in a candle and burn the candle to have a mosquito free room. Alternatively, you can use the oil in a vaporizer.
4. If you have a garden, plant mosquito repellent plants like lavender, catnip and citronella in the areas near the windows of your house to drive the mosquitoes away.
5. Get rid of all stored water within and around your house. These waters are breeding grounds for mosquitoes. If you need to store water for the unexpected shortage of water, make sure that you keep changing it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
I had sex with my girlfriend on 30 July 2017 and her period date is 15-16 but the period is still not came, I am worried about pregnancy. Today is 19 August 2017 So what would I have to do Please help.
My wife is 12 weeks pregnant. We are planning for a holiday in manali. Is it advisable to travel by car from delhi to manali in pregnancy?
Me and my boyfriend were naked in bed. We had oral sex. But he didn't ejaculate. And his penis was nowhere near my vagina. He did not ejaculate. My period is due now. Is there any chance I could be pregnant. This happened around 15th and my period is due on 27th. I am very scared. But I know for sure he didn't ejaculate.
Hello doctor, I eat food properly after that I am so week please give me a advice and I am a girl and 20 yrs old. I just want to become healthy.
Constipation is when a person has difficulty passing stool or has very dry stool. With processed and refined food habits on the rise, constipation is also becoming a rampant problem. The food passes through the large intestine, where a large part of the water is reabsorbed and stool is formed. This is expelled from the body, and if there is constipation, this passage of stool can be difficult, painful, and may be accompanied by bleeding too.
Constipation is common in children as well as among the elderly. Children eat a lot more junk compared to adults. As age progresses, elders begin losing teeth and they chew less which leads to indigestion and thereby constipation. Treating constipation should be a conscious effort as it does not have a single remedy. A combination of dietary changes including all aspects like fiber, water, caffeine etc. can help in treating constipation effectively.
- As the first thing in the morning, drinking a glass of lukewarm water is good. Add some baking soda to this, if you are feeling bloated, it aids in cleansing the bowels.
- Ginger tea is another great remedy to induce bowel movements in the morning.
- A glass of warm milk with a little honey or sugar is a good remedy for constipation.
- Warm water or milk with Isabgol husk at bedtime helps bowel movements in the morning.
- Applying a few drops of lukewarm castor oil over the navel when going to sleep can help in easy passage of stools in the morning.
- Guava, pears, oranges, grapes, papaya, apples, and other fruits add roughage to the diet and help in easy passage of stools.
- Soak some raisins in hot water, cool it, crush and strain them. This is very effective for treating constipation in children.
- A glass of carrot juice or papaya juice is very useful in treating constipation.
- Drink about 8 to 10 glasses of water to avoid constipation. The artificial juices and canned drinks do not count in this, as they only make it worse.
- High-fat, processed foods, alcohol, and caffeine are major causes of constipation. So one should avoid them to a large extent.
- Including small amounts of olive oil, castor oil, and ghee help in lubrication and easy passage of the stools.
- Triphala, which is a popular Ayurvedic preparation, can be mixed with warm water and consumed to prevent constipation. Given its bitter taste, you can add a small amount of honey to it. It has antibacterial, antifungal, and anti-parasitic properties. This helps in overall cleansing of the colon and is not just a short-term remedy.
- Yogasanas like pavana muktasana, yoga mudra, dhanur asana, and vajrasana have major benefits on the digestive system, including releasing accumulated gas and passage of stools.
Following these tips and maintaining dietary and lifestyle discipline is very effective in providing long term remedy from constipation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.