Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. SuseelaYour feedback matters!
Diabetes: Bitter gourd has multiple health benefits. It is mostly consumed for triggering the blood sugar level. Diabetes is a common ailment that affects many people today. Regular intake of bitter gourd juice helps prevent the rise of blood sugar levels. It also helps cure insulin resistance without taking any external medication.
Karela juice is an excellent natural antioxidant. An antioxidant is essential for removing toxins from the body. At the same time, it helps to rejuvenate the body cells and prevents free radicals. The juice of karela is the finest tonic for those who are addicted to smoking. Taking karela juice helps to cleanse the nicotine layer from the system.
Asthma: Asthma patients can highly benefit by having karela juice. It helps cure a chronic cough and breathing problems by removing the sputum that accumulates within the lungs and the respiratory tract.
Skin: Karela juice is excellent for the skin. It helps to remove the fine lines from the upper surface of the skin. Having this juice will also prevent premature ageing. It helps cure and purify blood from within the system.
Digestion: Karela juice enhances digestion. It increases the production of enzymes that aid the digestion process.
HIV/AIDS: Regular consumption of karela juice is best for triggering the condition of an HIV patient. Studies conducted on natural antidotes of HIV/AIDS establish the goodness of bitter guard in preventing further damaging of the skin cells.
Weight loss: Bitter gourd is excellent for weight loss. Karela benefits to weight loss are attributed to its high fibre and low carbohydrates and calories content. It makes an ideal diet for those who are on a weight loss program.
Nutritional Value Per 100gm of Karela juice
I'm a lactating mother of a 14 months baby, from last 2 months I'm feeling weak after feeding. Below are effects, 1. Nausea, 2. giddiness. 3. Body pains. 4. Leg cramps. I consulted a doctor, and she prescribe me the below tablets. 1. ACENAC-MR. 2. Delbi 200DT. 3. REPRA D. 4. WELL WOMEN. 5. feel-XT. 6. Calcimax. 7. cyanocobalamin and DHA capsules. 8. Betahistol-16 mg. I'd like know taking all the above tablets at a time is preferable or not, and few good diet tips while feeding may baby. Note: I'm not pregnant. Looking forward to your reply. Thanks, Arshiya.
I am 22 years female n having burning during peeing n burning n irritation in vagina n little redness around labia. Little white discharge sometimes. What should I do?
How to increase breast milk. My son is 50%on breastfeed nad 50% on formula. Is galact granules effective?
Hi I'm 26, female and haven't eaten in a couple of days it seems like i've lost my appetite what can I do.
Hi Doctors! I'm 22 years unmarried girl I had unprotected sex with my bf on 31st January thn after that i'll take I-PILL within 24 hrs. My last period date was 10 January. My periods was 25 days long so according to this 4th feb is my expected period date but now its 6 feb still not getting my periods. I want to know that. Does I-PILL delay or effect the periods date? Or After taking I-PILL is there still any chance of pregnancy in me. What was the reason behind my periods delay? Plzz tell me. And also tell me how to get my periods earlier coz i'm unmarried I can't take any risk of pregnancy.
I am new married couple, my wife is pregnant from 1 month. But I do not want baby. What should I do.
Hello docs I wana discuss about problem regarding my husband we are married from last two years n had a great sex life but from last few months I dnt know whats wrong but aftr ejaculating for the first time he does not get again arouse 2 nd time its happening frm last few months n first time he hardly stools fr a min not more than that he got stone problem n few months back he got operated is this the reason for his issue pls help.
Me and my gf had sex yesterday evening and she took I pill today afternoon. Any possible for pregnancy. We used condom but it was broken. That's the reason she took I pill and she pass urine and wash vagina. Please answer me.
I have a problem of severe pain in my abdomen when my periods gets started! Is it a hormonal imbalance or reproductive system problem?
I am 24 year old and I am 5 week pregnant and we did ultrasound but there is no heart beat? what should I do?
While we all believe that green leafy vegetables are to be included as part of our regime, not all of us know in detail the amount of goodness that is packed in these. The first thing that comes to mind at the thought of leafy green vegetable is the tender, green, luscious looking spinach. However, not all of us know the amount of goodness and nutrition it stores within in. Spinach, though appears to be delicate and light, puts up a strong fight against inflammatory problems, stress-related problems, cardiovascular issues, bone diseases, and various types of cancers.
- Minerals and vitamins: Fresh green spinach is loaded with a multitude of vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B6, C and K. Major minerals contained in spinach include manganese, iron, magnesium, copper, potassium, phosphorus, and selenium.
- Anti-cancer benefits: The antioxidant properties in spinach come from carotenoids and flavonoids, and it is loaded with about a dozen flavonoid compounds, thereby getting a strong anti-inflammatory and anti-carcinogenic properties. Spinach helps in reducing inflammation in the stomach lining and other areas, thereby reducing chances of intestinal cancer. It also provides significant protection against prostate cancer. The incidence of skin papilloma is also reduced with increased consumption of spinach.
- Anti-inflammatory benefits: The good amounts of vitamin C, E, A, zinc, manganese, selenium are beneficial for reducing stress and thereby reduce incidence of heart attacks and high blood pressure. Spinach also is rich in protein and contains some peptides (small protein units) which inhibits angiotensin-converting enzyme, which is responsible for increasing blood pressure. This is another way how spinach helps lower blood pressure.
- Eyes: Lutein and zeaxanthin are two carotenoids, which protects the eyes against cataracts and macular degeneration.
- Bones: The bacteria in the stomach convert vitamin K1 in spinach to vitamin K2. While vitamin K1 supports the bones by reducing the number of osteoclasts (cells that break down bones), vitamin K2 activates osteocalcin, which promotes bone formation. The high levels of calcium and magnesium only make it even better for the bones.
- Digestive system: With the good fiber content it has, there is reduced instance of constipation. The anti-inflammatory property helps keep the stomach lining healthy and less prone to ulcers. It also helps flush out toxins and keeps the body alkaline, which helps beat stress.
- Skin: The various minerals and vitamins in spinach reduces chances of skin infections and also adds to the glow of the skin. The itchiness and dryness of the skin also is reduced with regular use of spinach.
So the next time you are thinking, which is one thing you should pick up when you go to the market, think spinach.
Is it normal to have breast pain immediately after ovulation its my 13th day. I am trying to conceive, will this affect my pregnancy. Immediate breast pain after ovulation means no pregnancy? Please help doc.
How to increase the Magnesium Levels in your Body?
Magnesium is very important macro-mineral present in the body. Many youths these days show signs of depression, lower physical and dimmed mental faculties due to low magnesium levels in their body. The mineral has a vital role in helping to produce or use energy in our cells, contracting or relaxing muscles and synthesizing key hormones that control important functions of the body.
Magnesium also has therapeutic effects and helps to treat headaches, asthma, sleep problems, chronic pain. It also reduces risk of hypertension, heart problems. Having a magnesium rich diet lowers your chances of getting diabetes by remarkable 33%.
Following is a list of the few factors that lead to lowering the Magnesium levels in your body:
- Consuming Sodas and other Carbonated drinks lowers Magnesium uptake
- Excessive stress or disease reduces the utilization of Magnesium in the body
- Having high carb, low fibre diets like pastries, cakes, breads, cookies etc.
- High Alcohol consumption, as high as
- Imbalance of minerals such as excess of Calcium blocks activity of Mg in the cells
- Difference in metabolism of individuals such as increased excretion of Mg by kidneys results in loss of Mg and its deficiency
You can increase level of Magnesium in your body by adopting these foods in your diet:
Spinach is a rich source of Magnesium. 1 Cup of cooked Spinach gives you nearly 39% of the Daily Value of Magnesium required by the Body. Other dark green leafy vegetables also provide magnesium and other minerals.
Add Spinach and other Leafy Greens to your daily intake.
Nuts are an abundant source of Magnesium. Cashews and Almonds nearly provide 44-48% of DV of Magnesium while Peanuts provide 31%. Walnuts are also a good source of minerals and provide 16% DV of Magnesium.
Add nuts to your Daily Diet to get their mineral benefits.
Seeds like Pumpkin and Sesame are a potent source of Magnesium. Half a cup of Pumpkin seeds give 81% of Daily Value of Magnesium required while half a cup of sesame seeds give 63% 0f Daily Value/DV of Magnesium.
Enjoy these in puddings, soups, cakes, desserts or add to your breakfast cereal to get their benefits.
4. Beans and Lentils
Beans and Lentils have plentiful of Magnesium. A cup of cooked Beans and Lentils like Soybeans, Kidney Beans, Chickpeas and lentils provide almost 18-35% DV of Mg.
Add Beans and Lentils to your Diet and get their benefits.
5. Whole Grains
Whole Grains are very important source of vitamins and minerals and provide essential nutrients and energy for the body. These minerals include Magnesium too and a cup of cooked Brown rice gives nearly 21%DV of Mg while Quinoa gives 30%. Other Cereals provide almost 7-19% DV of Mg.
You can add variety of whole grains to your diet to get their great benefits.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
During the first two or three days after delivery, thick and yellowish fluid is secreted from the mammary gland. This differs from the regular milk and is called colostrum. It is secreted in small quantity of about 10 to 40 ml.
- It is rich in protein.
- The total fat content of colostrum is less than mature milk.
- It has more amount of vitamin a and k.
- The concentration of lactose is also less.
- The levels of niacin, pantothenic acid, biotin and riboflavin are also low.
- Vitamin c is secreted at about the same level as in mature milk.
- Zinc content of colostrum is 20 mg/dl.
- Where as mature milk has 2.6 mg/dl.
The composition of colostrum is:
- Energy: 58 kcal
- Fat: 2.9 gm
- Calcium: 31 mg
- Phosphorus: 14 mg
- Iron: 0.09 mg
- Protein: 2.7 gm
- Lactose: 5.3 gm
- Carotene: 186 i. U.
- Vitamin: 296 a. I. U.