Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SuseelaYour feedback matters!
I have irregular periods from menarche. Der is interval of 4 to 5 months in a cycle. My weight ws 60 kgs 2 years back but suddenly I gained weight. Now it is 85kgs constant from 2 yrs. Aftr exercise from 1 yr. I showed doctor c told I hv mild hirsutism n no features of acne. N prescribed deviry tablets fr 5 days. What should I do more. I gt tested regarding this.
My wife (29) had ovarian cysts and she had laparoscopy done (27). But her cysts appeared again. We want to have a child but doctors are suggesting ivf. Is this the option we had or we can go for another option. please suggest.
Uterus is 6.8*3.1*2.2 cms and shows normal endometrial and myometrial echoes. Endometrial thickness measures 3 mm. Cervix is bulky. What does this diagnosis indicate? Should I be worried? All other blood tests like CBC, LFT, blood Protein, sugar, etc are normal. Have Total Cholesterol of 256 and BP of 140/80. What does bulky uterine cervix mean here and should I be worried?
Sir,My husband working in army i want to be get pregnent next week he will come 30 holiday please suggest and help?
My symptoms include back pain, sexual intercourse hurts somethimes, I don't get wet wen arroused just randomly thu the day, sharp pain in my uterus and if I feel the cervics I think I feel a bump on it. Whats goin on?Please help
Before marriage I had tablet to avoid my period in February. My period actual date was March 13. First I thought I may be pregnant. But I dint do my pregnancy test. I was waiting to do checkup in the first week of April. Whether itz there any chance for me to be pregnant at that time. But unfortunately I had my period on 29th March. What may be the reason for such situation. please clear my doubt.
Mix equal quantities of saffron, turmeric, neem, red sandalwood, tulsi, and multani mitti with buttermilk or milk and make a paste of it. Apply twice a day.
Prepare a mixture of lemon juice and rose water in equal quantities. Apply this mixture on the affected areas and wash off with fresh water after half an hour. About 15 days application helps cure acne, pimples and scars.
A paste of fresh fenugreek leaves, applied and washed off with warm water before going to bed is good for removing scars of old pimples.
Make a powdered mixture of coriander seeds, saunf, tulsi, turmeric, and Indian gooseberry (amla) in equal parts. Take ½ teaspoon of this powder 15 minutes before lunch and dinner.
Take1 teaspoon of powdered Indian gooseberry fruit (amla) in morning and evening with water.
Do's and Dont's-
Avoid spicy, oily foods, tea, coffee, cold drinks.
Eat fresh, unprocessed food.
Avoid White rice , bread, corn flakes and other foods which are high in glycemic index,triggering acne formation.
Avoid washing your face with soaps.Use fresh aloe vera twice a day.
Cleanse your face with lemon peels.
Increase intake of water to about 3-4litres per day, and take coconut water.
All of us have our 'good hours' and 'bad hours' each day. While there are the night owls, who are more productive and ideating in the late night hours, there are others who like to be the early bird that literally catches the worm. For both these categories, there are again hours where the energy wanes. Did you know there are some simple techniques that can help to maintain consistent levels of energy throughout the day?
As much as possible, try and maintain a regular routine in terms of waking up, eating at the same hours as closely as possible, and retiring for the day. The biological clock or circadian rhythm needs to be maintained as much as possible if high productivity is desired. Here are some things that can be completely and easily controlled to keep your energy levels steady through the day.
- Sleep patterns: Be it going to bed or waking up, try and maintain a pattern that does not vary too much, at least not drastically. After waking up, a good dose of light in the morning is very helpful. If your work requires you to sleep during the day, ensure you get up into a room that is well and brightly lit.
- Exercise: Whether is it Saturday or cloudy, a 30 minute workout does magic like nothing else. Get outdoors and be it a walk or a run, cycling or swimming, you will see nothing else boosts your energy as well as this.
- Nutrition: Reduced carbohydrates, a good dose of protein, ample hydration, adequate fiber intake, and good quantity of dry fruits are somethings to definitely follow. Start with a good breakfast that can boost your energy requirements for the day and eat less as the day goes by.
- Caffeine: One of the most pleasant experience is to wake up to have a refreshing cup of coffee. While it sounds exotic, the body benefits more if this caffeine is provided sometime later in the day when the energy levels are low.
- Alcohol: For many, alcohol could be a way of stress busting, but if scientifically looked at, alcohol reduces the quality of sleep and leaves you feeling unrested. It also leaves one tired and irritated. If possible, the alcohol intake should be at least 2 hours before bedtime.
- Power naps: Highly proven technique, where possible, a power nap of 15 minutes is believed to boost up energy levels significantly.
These are some methods to boost your energy levels. Most of it something completely controllable and changeable by you, all it requires is a conscious effort from you.
Haldi is a vital spice used in the Indian cuisine and other south Asian cuisines. Also known as turmeric, it constitutes of some sugars, proteins, and resins, and is a ubiquitous Asian kitchen ingredient; almost every meal cooked has a dash of haldi in it. But apart from the colour, taste and aroma that it adds to the food, when added to milk, it becomes a magical potion known as desi haldi milk that can prevent and cure diseases.
Here are 5 lifelong benefits of desi haldi milk:
1. Has anti-inflammatory properties: haldi has anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties. According to Ayurveda, it has been named as the natural aspirin. Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, when combined with milk, it becomes a really useful drink that helps prevent cancer. It stops the growth of lung, skin, colon, breast, and prostate cancer, and for cancer patients, it helps reduce the side effects of chemotherapy. Additionally, haldi milk provides relief from arthritis pain and improves the flexibility of joints and muscles.
2. Is a blood purifier: blood impurities can lead to severe health problems and desi haldi milk is considered an excellent blood purifier and cleanser if the principles of ayurveda are to be believed. It can revitalize and boost the blood circulation in the body. Acting as a blood thinner, haldi milk plays a significant role in eliminating all impurities from the blood vessels and lymphatic system of your body.
3. Helps control weight: turmeric contains curcumin, an antioxidant capable of preventing inflammation of various cells of your body like fat, muscle, and pancreatic cells. This also results in lower risks of health issues arising due to obesity like high cholesterol levels, high blood sugar, insulin resistance and other metabolic problems. Also, haldi milk helps in the breakdown of dietary fat. This can be useful in controlling the weight.
4. Gives you healthier skin: haldi is a very useful ingredient for battling skin issues. Drinking haldi milk helps in getting enviable glowing skin and can also be used for application on the face and body. Dipping a cotton ball into haldi milk and applying that to your face can help you get rid of any rash, skin redness or blotchy patches. Moreover, bathing in turmeric milk can be helpful in attaining soft, supple and radiant skin.
5. Ensures better bone health: haldi milk is an excellent source of calcium, and has bone-strengthening properties, which are necessary to keep the bones healthy and strong. It also helps lower bone loss and prevent osteoporosis.
So go ahead, mix up the ever easily available haldi and milk from your kitchen, and drink up to a healthier you. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I have thyroid in tsh 6.03 and my weight is 94my periods also regular my age is 27 so it is possible to get pregnant to me some doctors said that need to loss my weight but I tried it not possible and my hight is 5.4 heavy weight womens also getting pregnant like 98, 99. Weight persons but y nt to me if it is possible to me get pregnant then how cn you give me advice plz.
Does squats and leg press machines exercises in gym makes vagina loose or does it affect hymen? I am 22 virgin.
I am of 29 female. My period lasts 2 days since last year. Normal bleeding not heavy bleed. Not any pain in wastes. Maybe any problem in future in my pregnancy due to less days period?
I have taken ipill on 28th of March and my menses were scheduled on 10th of april which is delayed for 16days as of know. I took home pregnancy test on 18th which was a week later after the missed periods. It was negative and today I again repeated the test with early morning pee. After two weeks delay. Again negative. Please advice the reason for missed periods and is the test reliable as I have tested twice after one week delay of period and repeated after another week. Please advice. Thank you!
Hi Doctors, I am 8 week 6 day pregnant and on Monday brown discharge came like little and done scanning baby was OK and doctor gave me system tablet today that is Wednesday dark brown discharge coming help me please no pain and giddiness is there.
DON'T ACT THE 7 ACTIONS BELOW AFTER YOU HAVE A MEAL.
* Don't smoke- Experiment from experts proves that smoking a cigarette after meal is comparable to smoking 10 cigarettes (chances of cancer is higher).
* Don't eat fruits immediately -When you eat your fruits with meals, the fruit is stuck in the stomach along with the contents of the meals and cannot reach the intestines in time. Lying there they get spoilt and spoil the remaining food in the stomach too. Thus it is recommended that you eat a fruit at least one hour after eating a meal or before your meal and preferably in the morning with empty stomach. It is in the morning that the body can best use the nutrients in the fruit and get enough energy to start the day.
* Don't drink tea - Because tea leaves contain a high content of acid. This substance will cause the Protein content in the food we consume to be hardened thus difficult to digest.It is preferable to drink tea an hour after meals.
* Don't loosen your belt -Fiction, not particularly bad for you!
We generally have an attitude that a good meal is that which forces us to loosen our belts. However, loosening the belt is bad, not because it causes the intestines to twist or block but because it means that you have over eaten to a level that you are uncomfortable. Loosening of the belt may also cause you to feel comfortable once again which means you may continue overeating.
So eat only to the extent that you can be comfortable without loosening your belt!
* Don't bathe - Bathing after meal will cause the increase of blood flow to the hands, legs & body thus the amount of blood around the stomach will therefore decrease. This will weaken the digestive system in our stomach.
* Don't walk about -Fact, it is bad for you! Walking directly after meals is a bad idea, it can result to acid reflux and indigestion. However, walking about half an hour after meals is known to be good for you. Researchers in the Department of Exercise Science at the University of South Carolina, have found that walking after exercise is a good way to burn energy.
The point to note is when to walk, you should ideally walk for about 10 minutes and only 20-30 minutes after meal to prevent acid reflux and stomach upsets.
* Don't sleep immediately - The food we intake will not be able to digest properly. Thus will lead to gastric & infection in our intestine.
My wife had her period on 27 February and it continued till 1st March. We had unprotected sex on the 4th March. She later took unwanted 72 on 5th march in the evening. She did not have her normal period and on 1st April she had her pregnancy test done at home by using a pregnancy kit, it was negative. She still doesn't have periods. Really worried please help How long can her periods delay?
Which are most probable days (out of 28 days) of menstrual cycle to get definitely pregnant? Or tell me the days when I should have sex with my partner so that she will be pregnant?
Hello, I am 32 years female , I gone through from molar pregnancy after this treated I have normal menstruation but from one an half month I have no periods . Hope its not a problem. Please suggest.
Using contraceptive methods is the easiest method for a couple to avoid pregnancy and enjoy a tension free physical relationship. People have used birth control methods for thousands of years. Today, we have many safe and effective birth control methods available to us.
All of us who need birth control want to find the method that is best for us. If you're trying to choose, learning about each method may help you make your decision. Only you can decide what is best for you. Some contraceptives, such as condoms, will also protect a person from STDs (sexually transmitted diseases).
The methods can be categorised into temporary and permanent methods:
1. Withdrawal method: This involves removing the penis from the vagina before ejaculating. Ejaculation should be away from the introitus. However, it requires extreme self-control on the part of your man.
2. Barrier methods: These methods prevent sperm from entering the uterus. Barrier methods are removable. Types of barrier methods include:
a. Condom: This is the oldest barrier method. A condom is a thin tube that the man puts over his penis. This keeps the sperm from getting to the egg. Condoms are also called rubbers.
b. Female condom: This is like a condom, but it goes in the woman's vagina.
c. Diaphragm and cervical cap: These are put in the woman's vagina to cover the cervix
d. Contraceptive sponge: This is a sponge that is filled with spermicide and is put in the woman's vagina over the cervix.
Barrier methods can be easy to use and have few side effects.
3. Hormonal methods: These can only be used by women. Hormonal methods cause changes in the woman's reproductive cycle and include birth control pills, birth control patches, emergency contraception pill, Implants and so on. Unlike barrier methods, hormonal methods do not interfere with sex.
4. Intrauterine methods: In this method an object called an intrauterine devices or IUD is put in the woman's uterus. There are two types of IUD: the copper IUD or an IUD with hormones implanted on it. The hormonal IUD has better protection against pregnancy but costs more. You need not do anything once it is inserted. Also, it is effective for up to 10 years.
Of course, the permanent methods are more effective for preventing pregnancy than the temporary methods. The decision to proceed with a permanent method should only be made if a person is absolutely sure that no more children are desired. The biggest problems after a permanent procedure is regret that it was done.
Sterilization is a permanent form of birth control that prevents a woman from getting pregnant. These procedures usually are not reversible.
a. A sterilization implant is a non-surgical method for permanently blocking the fallopian tubes. The doctor places a coil in each Fallopian tube through the vagina and uterus block each tube completely. It may take up to 3 months to completely block the tubes.
b.Tubal ligation is a surgical procedure in which a doctor cuts the fallopian tubes. This procedure blocks the path between the ovaries and the uterus. The sperm cannot reach the egg to fertilize it and the egg cannot reach the uterus.
c. Vasectomy is a surgical procedure that consists in cutting the tubes that carry sperm. This procedure blocks the path between the testes and the urethra due to which the sperm cannot leave the testes and hence cannot reach the egg. It can take as long as 3 months for the procedure to be fully effective. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.