Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
I am 40 years old. Suffering from achalaxia cardiac (esophagus). Since last 5 yrs. Its very painful & costly treatment for me. What I do now. Plse help me sir.
Hi sir, I had a problem in center of my chest from 4 month, it is more in the morning time nd also when I pressure on it?
Sudden high heartbeat dryness in centre of chest normal after a few minutes stomach was not OK previously temp stays 97 blood sugar fasting 93 post fasting 103 does it need doctor visit
I am 65 years old and using amalopinAT for more than 6 years to control my BP, but with side effects of cough as well as swelling in legs. please advise a better method, to keep up better life .
My 4 years old son is currently taking Colonodine for hyperactivity, he takes a half of 1 mg, twice a day. The pharmacist mistakingly gave him someone else's medication, Lisinopril 20 mg. I saw it was wrong and did not give it to him. My question is, What would have happened to my son had I given it to him? I'm furious with the pharmacy and plan to discuss this with them.
Hi, I am 39 years old as I have type 2 diabetes & high bp problem pls advice me some good oil for cooking which vil not increase my cholesterol. My 2 kids are of 5 & 10 years old can I gve them the same oil which I use. Pls suggest.
I first visited because of palpitation, now I suffer light dizziness, and after sneeze I get light pain in left side of chest. My 2d echo report, mitral valve: aml prolapsing, pml normal. Tricuspid valve: normal. Actric valve: three leaf lets/normal. Pulmonary valve: normal. Right ventricle: normal. Right atrium: normal. Left atrium: 2. 8 normal. Left ventricle: lv size normal. No rvvma. Lsvd: 3. 4 lvdd: 5. 0 lwpw: 1. 4 f. S: 31% ejection: 67% fraction: --- ias: intact ivs: intact ao: 2. 8cm pa: normal. Pericardium: no fluid. Intra cardic masses: nil. Doppler:- mitral'e' 0. 86'a' 0. 72. Aortic valve 0. 88 pulmonary valve trivial Mr. Conclusion:- 1)aml prolapse 2)trivial Mr. 3)normal lv size. 4) fair lv function. Thank you sir.
I am a male 43 years. I never eat fatty foods, like chicken fry fish fry or any other fried items. And I am using less sugar items. Food always normal, only three times. Idly sambar or dosa, chatni, rice and curry etc. My father, mother, uncle, sisters, they have no sugar problems, only normal. Every day I am walking around five kilometres and always active. My problems is facing sugar and cholesterol. Cholesterol levels is, total always 200 to 220. Sugar level is Fasting 140 to 185. Random is 110 to 125. After good (2 hrs), 150 to 180. And hbA1c is 7.5. Sir please advice me what is my exact problem? Do I am very sad tensioned. Kindly advice me.Pls
I am 35 years old, male. My blood pressure always remains close to 90/140. Is there any big worry about that. Please advise.
I have my operation on 2008 for small hole on heart. Now it is slightly pain. Now I am not taking any medicines. What the precaution will I take. Srikanta.
I have pain in my right side of chest at night but I smoke everyday what should I do I have a problem quiting smoking.
I am 69 yrs old male. During last 10 days my left leg becoming heavier, yesterday b. P was measured & found 150/80. I used to have amlopin-5mg, one tab daily after break fast. Waitng for good advice. Thanking you, with regards
Hi I am 32 years old female. I have following problems - 1. I feel my bladder never gets empty and urine passes very slowly and has a very foul smell. 2. I feel very heavy heart and also heartbeat is very fast, make me too anxious. 3. Pain in chest area. 4. Bloated stomach which is very hard, increase in body weight. I am facing these since 2 weeks now, who should I consult.Please help
A stroke may be called a brain attack. It may happen to any person at any time. A stroke occurs when blood supply to the brain is cut off. The brain cells become oxygen deprived due to the stroke and eventually die. Dead brain cells result in brain dysfunction due to which patients lose control over muscle and memory.
Strokes can be mild to life threatening and requires immediate medical attention. Stroke requires advanced care and should be treated by extensively qualified and experienced medical experts.
Neurosurgery satisfies all the required clauses for treatment of stroke and accounts for being one of the best ways for management of stroke. Renowned hospitals have a dedicated neurosurgical wing and a team of neurological specialists who know how to deal with stroke the best.
This form of neurology focuses on patients who have undergone a stroke or have experienced symptoms of stroke. A multidisciplinary approach is taken for the prevention of recurrent cerebrovascular conditions.
Types of stroke
- Ischemic stroke: This kind of stroke occurs when there is a blockage in a blood vessel, which supplies blood to the brain. This form of stroke is the more common. The underlying cause of this stroke is known as atherosclerosis, which is a condition where fatty deposits occur in the walls of the blood vessels and cause blockage in them.
- Hemorrhagic stroke: This type of stroke occurs when a blood vessel gets weak and ruptures into the brain. This is caused by two types of weak blood vessels known as aneurysm and arteriovenous malformation.
- Transient ischemic attack: This type of stroke is also known as a mini stroke. These attacks occur because of blood clots. The blockage caused is temporary or transient in nature.
Treatment of Ischemic stroke
- Tissue Plasminogen Activator: This is one of the best ways to treat ischemic strokes. This medicine is given to the patient intravenously. It dissolves the blood clot and improves blood flow to the area of the brain which is affected. The medicine should be given within three to four hours after stroke symptoms appear.
- Endovascular procedure: This is a process by which the blood clot is removed using a catheter, which gets inserted into the area of the blocked blood vessel. It helps in restoring blood flow to that area.
Treatment of Hemorrhagic stroke
- Endovascular procedure: Several endovascular techniques and methods are used so that the weakening of blood vessels is reduced and less bleeding is caused.
- Surgical treatment: Different modes of neurosurgery may be undertaken to stop bleeding and for relieving pressure within the skull.