Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Suryakumar R.Your feedback matters!
As you know, several scientific studies have proven that smoking is one of the main causes of several serious ailments like cancer, lung diseases, asthma and so on. Pregnant women who smoke not only spoil their own health, but also the health of the lovely kid in their womb. Yet many women wonder whether smoking really affects pregnancy and the answer is quite in the affirmative.
- Cigarette chokes the baby in the womb: It is known that cigarette smoke contains more than 4000 chemicals including lead and cyanide. In fact, it is one of the few products that contain more than 60 different types of cancer causing chemicals and compounds. It would be interesting to note that none among these 4000 chemicals is beneficial to the expectant mother and to the baby in the womb. In fact, cigarette smoke chokes not only the expectant mother, but also the baby inside. As a result, frequent chocking causes serious effects on the health of the fetus.
- Grouped into three categories: Smoking directly affects the health of the fetus. Premature babies, still born babies and underweight babies are some of the results of smoking prior to pregnancy. As a matter of fact, smoking by women could be grouped into three namely smoking before, during and after pregnancy. This issue is further discussed here:
- It is strongly suggested that women planning on pregnancy should stop smoking at least few months before they conceive. In the first place, smoking may affect the fertility of both men and women. Therefore, the couple should stop smoking, if they are planning to have a baby. Further, if the couple does not quit smoking and the woman becomes pregnant, then it can seriously affect the health of the baby.
- Whether you smoke during the first three months or during the last phase of the pregnancy, tobacco can severely harm the health of the fetus. The increase of monoxide in the blood stream caused by smoking tobacco will enter the bloodstream of the mother and also of the child in the womb. Naturally, this will affect the growth of the child. It can cause visual and/or hearing impairment, behavioural problems and also mental disability of the baby.
- Post pregnancy, the mother should breastfeed the baby. Smoking can retard the secretion of milk in the breast. Further, the dangerous chemicals present in the smoke of tobacco will make its presence in the breast milk. Naturally, this will affect the health of the baby.
Keeping in view the best interests of the mother and baby, it is strongly suggested that the couple should stop smoking, if they want to have a baby. After all, the health of the baby and of the couple is a matter of primary importance. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
My hand is trembling while holding a pen or eating something. Heart beat increases due to anxiety, depression, emotional stress. What should I do ?
Hi to everyone Can you tell me please how can I stop my habit of mobile I always haves mobile I know it is bad but I can't stop it Please help me.
I am a 40 year old and having problem of pulling my mustach with my fingers unknowningly and my mush became thin. How to avoid pulling mushtach knowingly unknoingly, so that I can grow mush as per my wife's wish.
I am 26 years old. 15 days back I had fever and with doctor consulting took antibiotics. From that day till now my stool is not normal it's loose. Morning one time and evening one time some times at night. Am so stressed because of that.
shall I use saraswathi lehyam. Does it really works I mean does it really improves memory power. How should I use it?
My papa aged 60 had a very sharp memory till last three four years but now he bitterly forgets things even very important .Some times he in spite of carefully memorises the list of things to do in the market or work place has to make three four visits to the market for same one item .He is otherwise very healthy and we are a happy family.
I am suffering from some financial problems. Due to this when I am tensed I am loosing my energy like my blood pressure goes down resulting fainting or my anger goes night causing a big quarrel. For this I am taking some medication from my family doctor." censpram plus" tabs. If I am not using it my health gets disturbed. How my months r year I need to take these pills. Is there any remedy for my depression.
I have the problem of headache on back side and sleepless. When i go to bed there is some thoughts is coming in mind. When i consult to AIIMS doctor. he told me that you have some anxiety problem but i think i have the some systems of depression. Doctor advise me to take 2-tablet of "amitriptyline" 25 mg in night. I am taking this medicine fro 3 months but i did not get as much relief. I could not understand what should i do. please suggest me. Is it depression problem or not ? Is it treatable ? l will be always thankful to you.
Sir I can not concentrate on one thing at a time, even while studying I can concentrate only for 5minutes max. I start thinking about whatever I see going on in society like if I watch cricket I imagine myself as a best player of the team nd also like a soldier, agent, scientist nd so much other things also. I want to concentrate on my studies at a time. Help me sir.
I listen to music too much, when ever I am free I just use my earphones and listen to music at a decent volume even during nights I listen to music and go to bed late night So will it effect my listening power? Will I find difficulties in my studies? I meen will it decrease my memory power? Will it affect my brain?
Can learning disability be improved and also concentration and memory can improve by homeopathy. My son diagnosed having fragile egg syndrome.
Hi I am 22 years old suffering from depression for the last 1 year actually I do not know what I am suffering from neither my doctors are not telling me I just heard from some where else that I am suffering from depression psychiatrist prescribed me zosert 50 mg, lonazep and zolnap tablets having been these tablets is not making me well I spoke t0 psychiatrist about it but psychiatrist asked me to take these tablets for 2 years more I get angry with myself that I am not getting sometimes I feel I will never get alright like a normal person is it I am going to be alright ? What should I do now ?is it a depression or something else ?
Having pets around not only makes you feel better, but also teaches you compassion, empathy and loyalty. Spending quality time with your pets tends to have a positive effect on your mood and mental health. Pets can act as great stress relievers and actually uplift your mood when are depressed.
Connecting with your pet instantly improves your mood and makes you forget your worries with their unconditional love and care. Here are 5 ways in which your pet can relieve depression and make you feel better.
1. A healthy heart: If you own a dog, you are less likely to get heart diseases. Spending time with your dog, going for walks and jogs, playing in the park, etc. will keep you active and maintain a normal blood pressure. Activities with your pets will also curb any sadness in your heart, at least for the moment. You will have a routine to follow, and this will keep you distracted from your source of depression.
2. Stress relief: Petting your pet dog, cat or rabbit will soothe your mind and help you get rid of any kind of stress. Depression causes a lot of stress, and if you hug or lay down with your dog, you are likely to feel better and get much more relieved from stress. A relaxation hormone is released by the body which brings down stress levels.
3. Pets enable you to connect socially: If you are depressed, you may feel like connecting with new people for feeling better. Your pets can help you with this. If you walk down a road with your dog, it is likely that people approach you and start a conversation with you.
4. A better mood: If you are depressed for a long time, getting a pet dog can change your life. Pet owners are happy people and are more trustworthy than normal people. If you feel lonely and depressed, a pet dog can provide you better company and happiness than a human at times. You will have a new meaning in life and would love to take care of your pet and raise him healthy. Your general mood will be much improved.
5. Unconditional love: The best thing about pets and especially dogs is that they will love you unconditionally. No matter what you do, they will always love you the most and come to you wagging their tail. A loving touch has an incredible healing power and hugging your pets will make you happy and less depressed.
Pets are an amazing way to get relief from depression. Having a pet around makes any atmosphere much livelier. Raising a pet is like raising a child, and thus you will remain distracted and won’t have time to think about your reason for depression.