Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. SuryaYour feedback matters!
I had cataract surgery in my left eye yesterday with a lens to correct my bad shortsighted (9 dioptre). I caught the reflection of the sun this morning from the car and noticed two lines radiating out from this point source. Since then I've noticed the same effect on any point source such as LEDs,
I am having irritation in my left eye. Sometimes it continually flapped, water discharge also occurs few times. What can be the issue? And how to solve that. Thankyou.
Is there any treatment in ayurved to rectify eye squint caused after surgery followed by an injury. Eye do not move upward also.
I had a cataract operation done on both of my eyes 5 years back. Recently I'm facing difficulties with my right eye. I cannot see anything clearly. Please can I know what are the possible explanations of this situation? Could it be due to an increase in eye power? I have specs since I was 30 years old.
Eye problem pain in eye this is very serious problems please make solution in medicine and solve my problem this is very critical problems please make solution only massage.
Hi, I am suffering from Uveitis since last 10 years. I went to AIIMS, PGI Chandigarh but did not find any cure. Currently taking steroids injection under supervision of care Noida. I cannot tolerate oral steroids. Tried immunosuppressant but could not tolerate them. I have Macular Edema. Is there any way to cure this?
My sister using lens so used expireiy lens so he got infection. And she using eye drops and getting doctor suggestions. But no use.
Hello sir, I am priyanka. I want information from u. I am getting very lazy and not concentrated to studies. My eyes are very dull and not sleeping at night properly and getting dreams very. Sir pls tell me a suggestion.
Hello Dr. My nephew is 2 years old. He is having number. We got to know almost 1 year ago when he was squinting his eyes every now and then He is having -10 number. Dr. said as he ll grow up his number increase too. Can not we do something? Also I would like you to know his father is having number too. Thank you.
A cataract usually forms in the eyes due to clouding of the naturally clear lens that coats the eyes.This coating is usually a matter of age advancement or any other injury that the eyes may have sustained. It may also be a birth defect that a baby may be born with. There are various ways to deal with this debilitating condition.
One of the methods of treatment includes cataract surgery. Read on to find out more about this form of treatment:
- Procedure: During this surgery, the ophthalmologist will remove the cloudy lens and clean it before replacing it with a man-made lens.The technique followed for this procedure is known as phacoemulsification which involves a small cut or incision for the cataract surgery. The incision helps the doctor in liquefying and then vacuuming the centre portion of the lens, which is slightly harder than the rest of the lens.
- Device: The doctor will usually administer anaesthesia first and then make the tiny incision on one side of the cornea. Thereafter, an instrument or device will be inserted through this opening to send out ultrasonic vibrations to the eye. These vibrations will help in breaking the lens into tiny pieces. These fragments will be removed with the help of a suction that will go in through the tiny cut. This cut may also be made with the help of a laser beam.
- New Lens: Once the fragments of the old lens have been cleared, the doctor will go about the process of inserting the new man made lens which is usually made up of clear plastic, acrylic or even silicon, and is known as IOL or intraocular lens. This process is generally termed as intraocular lens implantation.
- Improved Vision: With the help of the new lens, the patient will now enjoy better vision and a visible decline in the symptoms of the cataract including problems in night driving.
- Convenient: This procedure usually takes about an hour and is an outpatient procedure. It is a completely safe procedure where numbing drops are placed on the eye so as to reduce any pain significantly. The doctor will usually give you a novocaine injection around the eye. Also, cataracts from both eyes will not be removed on the same day, and the doctor will schedule you for cataract removal from the second eye for another day.
- Aftermath: After the surgery is over, it is normal to feel some amount of irritation in the eye. If this irritation is persistent, you must see a doctor about it.
Painkillers like acetaminophen and ibuprofen can be used to recover from the pain after the surgery. Ask an ophthalmologist about other measures.