Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Epidemiologists in India. You will find Epidemiologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Epidemiologists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Suruliraman S MYour feedback matters!
Sir i've been facing a running nose problem for the last 3 years. Could you please tell me what could be the reason for this continuous running nose and how can I prevent myself from this problem.
How to detect the symptoms of common flu. What are basic household methods to cure flu. Are elderly people and children more susceptible to flu virus.
I have cold and cough for last 30 days for which I have consulted to many doctors and still I am feeling ill so what should I do?
Seasonal changes are usually a time when we need to take extra precautions to ensure that we do not end up catching any bacteria that may lead to infections or influenza as well as allergic reactions. Common cold and flu is a common occurrence during such times. Seasonal changes are usually known to cause flu and cold, which can also come with chills, sneezing, cough and fever.
Here are a few homeopathic medicines and remedies that can be used during this season.
- Aconite: This medicine is especially helpful when there is fever after sudden exposure to dipping temperatures. Once the cold starts to affect the patient, this medicine must be taken so that congestion is prevented. It can also be used when initial symptoms like tingling and burning sensations in the nose start.
- Arsenicum: This medicine can be used during harsh winters and can be prescribed for stopping the discharge from the nostrils. It can also help in treating congestion and severe cold. If sneezing fits do not reduce, one can have this medicine. It also relieves burning sensation in the throatand nose, as well as fever.
- Allium Cepa: When the discharge from the nose is cold and heavy as well as thin, it can be cured with the help of Allium Cepa. Persistent discharge is one of the symptoms for which this medicine is usually prescribed. Also, this medicine helps patients who experience cough and discharge once they step out of a warm room.
- Euphrasia: When the top part of the respiratory mucous membrane is affected, this medicine can be used. It is also helpful when there is soreness in the nostrils and lips. Also, yellow and acrid discharge from the nostrils can be cured with this medicine. Dryness and pain is also one of the symptoms for which this medicine may be prescribed.
- Gelsemium: When the cold first starts and begins to manifest as headaches, this medicine can be used so that it breaks up the cold effectively. Also, dullness and weakness due to oncoming fever can be checked with this medicine. Further, a sore throat can be treated with this medicine. Excessively warm weather that leads to a cold can be treated with Gelsamium too.
- Nux Vomica: If you have caught a cold from damp and cold weather conditions, the doctor can prescribe Nux Vomica. This effectively treats cold symptoms likedry nose, minimal discharge and a tickling sensation in the nose.
- Mercurius: This medicine can be prescribed to treat frontal sinuses that may be suffering due to the flu. Violent sneezing and excessive sweating can be cured with this medicine. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopathic doctor.
I have noticed several times during coughs and colds medicines have no effect on these is it necessary to take medicines or it may go off with time.
I am a 21 years old male suffering from cough and cold. Since past 20 days I have slight coughing problem but during this time I twice got cold along with fever for a short period say 12 hours. I had used the following as medication for cough Girilinctus Cough suppressant Syrup and nothing else but cough did not subside. Please advise me what to do?
What is the symptoms of flu? And second I have little white pimple since childhood in my face and sometimes my hand? Pls give me some suggestion?
I want to know what is the symptom of the disease zika. Is there any way invented to prevent this virus effected disease. Where is it 1st discover I mean which place.
I am 40 years of male and suffering from sinus and cold cough in head and my mind is blocked and I feel that I will get mad if I will not get proper treatment.
What are the symptoms a most dangerous disease bird flu. Please explain in detail I am curious to know about that so please.
I am a 65 yrs old female and am just recovering from about of flu and gastro enteritis. But now both my knees hurt very much and I don't know why. I don't want to take pain killers. Is it just weakness after my illness?
I have dry cough, cold, sore throat from many days, I've taken remedies but it's not relieving completely.
I am 22 years male, I am suffering from cold cough since 4 years. I get irritation of sneezing, my mood gets off for working anything in cold cough and sometimes headache also takes place. I use to sneeze so much and their is itching inside nose which is so much that I use to rub my nose with both hands. I sneeze so loud, that people around me gets scared. I had consulted many doctors who said you have nasal problem which is for permanent and their is no treatment or operation for this except medicines. Even I tried Ayurvedic course, but it was just temporary relief to nose. It starts again after the stop of ayurvedic medicine. I am working as an employee and this thing disturb me alot. I have to carry inhaler to avoid for few minutes. This is a big problem of my life.
Betel leaf is good for digestion. It is anti-flatulent and gastro-protective properties made chewing the leaf after a meal very popular.
The essential oil can be massaged on the stomach as it helps in the secretion of digestive acids and gastric juices..
Betel leaves are amazing ways of easing constant cough. They come loaded with the goodness of antibiotics. These antibiotics ease phlegm and also reduce the inflammation caused due to constant coughing.