Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SureshYour feedback matters!
Can numerous fibroids and an enlarged uterus cause bladder prolapse? Why does my gynecologist think my bladder bulging into my vaginal canal is a fibroid even after I was sent to a urologist for stress incontinence issues?
My 6 months old daughter is pooping 7 times a day. Little by little. I'm giving her cerelac rice, nan pro 2, apple juice. Wat should I do?
Children are constantly complaining of running noses and flus. This is part of their process of strengthening immunity and hence every child must go through this phase. Prescribing antibiotics every time a child sneezes worsens the situation by weakening their immunity. Hence, when it comes to children, homeopathy is an excellent form of treatment. Homeopathy can be prescribed to children of all ages.
Homeopathy addresses the physical, mental and emotional characteristics of a child and addresses the root of the problem. Though it has negligible side effects, apart from a few homeopathic medicines, it is always a good idea to consult a homeopathic practitioner before administering medicine to a child. Some homeopathic medicines that are commonly prescribed for children’s problems are:
Aconite- This is used to treat the sudden onset of any illness or any illness in its early stages. Aconite is most often prescribed to treat flu and common colds. It can also be used to calm a child in case of sudden shock or fright.
Arnica- Children are constantly falling and bruising themselves and arnica is the best first aid. Arnica can be ingested in pill form or applied topically in cream or gel form. It is useful for bruises, sore muscles, burns and black eyes but should never be applied topically over broken skin.
Calcarea Carbonate- This is used to treat ear infections and colds that are a result of exposure to cold weather. It can also be used to treat babies who perspire excessively from their head and complain of heat and pulsating sensations in their ears.
Chamomilla- This homeopathic remedy is ideal for restlessness, caused by teething, ear troubles, colic etc. It can also be used to treat bedwetting and diarrhoea. A cup of chamomile tea before going to bed can also help a child sleep well.
Pulsatilla- This homeopathic remedy can be used to calm nervous and whiny children who alternate between extreme happiness and sadness. It is also efficient when it comes to treating ear aches that become worse at night and colds accompanied by yellow or yellow-green mucous discharge.
Sulphur- Sulphur is used to treat earaches accompanied by perspiration and redness of the ears. It can also be used to treat skin problems such as scaly skin and acne eruptions. Irritable children who complain excessively after having a warm bath or getting out of a warm bed can also be calmed with sulphur.
My son is of 2.3 years and his weight is 11 kg his weight is not increasing from last 1 year. I consult several doctors all of them give mutlivatiman syrup and iron, calcium. Please suggest me is something wrong with my child or he is normal. He is also not interested in any kind of food.
Most children stop sucking on thumbs, pacifiers or other objects on their own between 2 and 4 years of age. No harm is done to their teeth or jaws until permanent teeth start to erupt. The only time it might cause concern is if it goes on beyond 6 to 8 years of age. At this time, it may affect the shape of the oral cavity or dentition.
Thumbsucking leads to Open bite, a high arched palate because of the pressure created in the mouth . This habit can also cause the maxillary central incisors to tip labially and the mandibilar incisors to tip lingually as the thumb rests on them during the course of sucking. Aside from the damaging physical aspects of thumb sucking, there are also additional risks, which unfortunately, are present at all ages. These include increased risk of infection from communicable diseases, due to the simple fact that non-sterile thumbs are covered with infectious agents, as well as many social implications. Some children experience social difficulties, as often children are taunted by their peers for engaging in what they can consider to be an “immature” habit. This taunting often results the child being rejected by the group or being subjected to ridicule by their peers, which can cause understandable psychological stress.
To prevent their children from sucking their thumbs some parents use bitterants or piquant substances on their child's hands.Parents could get a series of sharp prongs known as "hay-rakes" cemented to a child's teeth to discourage sucking
Praise children for not sucking, instead of scolding them when they do.
If a child is sucking its thumb when feeling insecure or needing comfort, focus instead on correcting the cause of the anxiety and provide comfort to your child.
If a child is sucking on its thumb because of boredom, try getting the child's attention with a fun activity.
Involve older children in the selection of a means to cease thumb sucking.
The pediatric dentist can offer encouragement to a child and explain what could happen to its teeth if it does not stop sucking.
Only if these tips are ineffective, remind the child of its habit by bandaging the thumb or putting a sock/glove on the hand at night.
My 6 month old baby having fever from last night. Her temparture is fluctuating between 99F-102F. Her head and neck area is getting excessive heated up compare to her body. What should I do as its a Sunday and no doctor is available here.
I am suffering from dry cold since last month and also from cough. So tell me what should I do to release from cough.
Sir/madam My child is 5 months old.in blood test c.reactive protein test ranges 37.5 . Is it any serious factor? Please help.
I have pitta from last two days and breastfed my baby (8 month old). Can I take avil in this. Is there any side effect while breastfeeding.
She has problem of bed wetting at age of 11 1/2 years .she is premature baby with 1400 gm weight and operated for reverse reflux of kidney at age of 7 years .Is any treatment available for bed wetting?
Many women develop uterine fibroids by the time they hit the age of 50 years and above. These are non-cancerous growths that may occur in the uterus. Most women go through severe bleeding and pain as well as discomfort as a result of these fibroids. Age, family history of the same condition, obesity or being overweight, eating habits and even ethnicity play a large role in deciding the risk of each individual patient. These fibroids can grow in the submucosal, intramural and subserosal areas.
Following are the common side effects of uterine fibroids:
- Frequent urination: Due to the pressure of the fibroids on the uterus, the patient may experience a constant feeling of fullness in the lower pelvic area of the body, which may lead to frequent filling of the bladder. This gives rise to frequent trips to the washroom for urination.
- Heavy Bleeding: Severe bleeding is one of the most common causes of the presence of these kinds of fibroids. The patient may experience a lot of bleeding during menstrual periods, as well as pain and cramps the rest of the time. The periods will also be very painful when there are fibroids in the uterus or the uterine lining.
- Painful Intercourse: It is a well-known fact that any kind of infection or growth as well as sores and other such ailments can lead to vaginal dryness as well as pain during sexual intercourse. This is true for uterine fibroids as well, which can lead to severe pain during sexual activity. These fibroids can also give rise to pain in the lumbar or lower back region.
- Abdomen Swelling: The abdomen may go through significant swelling in such a condition and the patient may even look like she is pregnant. The growth can push the shape of the abdomen outwards and create a full feeling.
- Pregnancy Complications: The presence of uterine fibroids can give rise to several complications during pregnancy and even after child birth. One of the most common problems in this case is bleeding, followed by more severe outcomes like miscarriage. The women suffering from uterine fibroids are at greater risk of undergoing a caesarean section for the delivery of the baby. The baby may also be born breech and a premature delivery may take place.
- Infertility: This is also a rare side effect of the uterine fibroids and is generally seen only in very severe cases.
- Cancer: Only one in every 1000 cases might transform into malignant tumours. These uterine fibroids are generally known to be non-malignant.
Any symptoms must be reported to a gynaecologist at the earliest to avoid any serious complications.