Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SureshYour feedback matters!
I am 21 years old male from delhi and I have to ask you a very interesting question regarding skin colour. How can I manage my skin colour as my skin colour os dark and I have to make it lite please help me out.
Cellulitis is a serious bacterial infection that is characterized by red and swollen areas on the skin. The condition may spread quickly to other areas of the body. The most commonly affected areas of the body are the lower legs, although it affects other areas of the body as well.
The disease may affect either the outer layer of the skin or the tissues underneath your skin, from where it may spread to your bloodstream and the lymph nodes. If the condition is not treated on time, it may turn into a life threatening one.
- You may experience inflammation and redness on your skin
- The affected area may become tender and painful
- The area may feel warm
- Presence of skin rashes around the area
- Pus filled formations on the skin
- The skin may have a tight and swollen appearance
- You may run a fever
- Feeling dizzy and fatigued if the condition turns serious
This condition occurs when bacteria such as Streptococcus and Staphylococcus enter the body through cuts or cracks on the skin. Surgical incisions, cuts and insect bites are usually the causes of the infection. Some other risk factors include a weak immune system, diabetes and skin conditions such as eczema and athlete's foot.
The condition is treated by antibiotics. If oral medications do not work, then the medicine may be administered intravenously.
There are certain preventive measures which you can employ to minimize the risks of cellulitis:
- If you have a wound or cut in the body, make sure to apply ointments that help in killing the germs.
- Always wash your wounds with warm water and soap.
- Apply bandage to the area to prevent exposure to dust and bacteria. Make sure that you replace the bandages on a regular basis.
- On any sign of infection such as redness and pus drainage, consult a doctor.
- Apply moisturizer on your skin to prevent cracks on the skin.
- Take care while trimming your finger and toe nails so as to not injure the skin around the nail.
Sir mere muh me funsi ho rahi hai shoulder pe bhi hai aur mostly forehead me hai. Beech beech me km hoti hai aur fir badh jati hai. Kripya kuch sujhav de. Dhanyavad.
I am a 26 year old male. I have dark red rashes on the groin area. It used to itch a bit few months back but now it doesn't itch but the rashes are still there. Would you please suggest some medication for it.
My skin is getting black so I want to my skin glow what can I do for my skin to getting glowing I want only my skin glow with no side effects pllease help.
I am 46 years old. From 2 years I am suffering from diabetic neuropathy (bubbles like structures in the left and right foot toes. Please tell me the medicine or curable treatment sir. Please sir.
Hii I just wanted to say dat I hav some marks on my face which does not go by any medicine I hav come through doctors but I am not satisfied. Will you help me please.
I am 19 years old male, I have rashes since 3 weeks, since 2 weeks I am using a ointment called terbinaforce. By that cream my problem has not solved. Can you please suggest another ointment.
My daughter is having burning sensation on the back side skin of the neck. It is below the neck back position and at the middle. She does not have any mark there. Why this causes? What is the medicine for this.
In my forehead of my face I have skin variation in black color. please say the remedy to make my skin color uniform.
I have little bit black spots as well as pimples on my face and there was a dark circles under eyes. So,plz recommend soon Better creams for me.
Hii sir this is nsgendra actually I have a black spot on my nose when I was using cream it will gon and when I was stop applying cream it will be coming again what will I do.
How to get rid of hyper pigmentation effectively
If you are having a difference in your skin tone or patches on your skin, you might be suffering from hyper pigmentation. In this article you will find all about hyper pigmentation, like (i) what hyper pigmentation is? (ii) what causes hyper pigmentation; and finally (iii) how to get rid of hyper pigmentation naturally.
Hyper pigmentation is not a serious medical condition, but it makes you look old. It's very disturbing and embarrassing when one has dark patches and uneven skin tone. Skin pigmentation can occur to anyone regardless of one's gender, race or age. It's not difficult to treat and get flawless skin.
What is hyper pigmentation?
Mostly there are two types of pigmentation abnormalities that can happen:
I) Hyper pigmentation: It's usually a harmless condition and described as darkening of certain areas of skin, which happens due to overproduction of melanin or pigment. It looks like brown or tan spots on the skin. This is also sometimes called as melasma.
(ii) hypo pigmentation: on the other hand hypo pigmentation is a condition when the melanin or pigmentation production is slowed down and patches of lighter skin or whiter in color appears.
Hyper pigmentation treatments
There are several treatments available, like over-the-counter creams, chemical peels, laser treatment, etc. For fast recovery. If your condition is serious, we suggest that you consult a dermatologist. It is also a good idea to visit a dermatologist before selecting any of the over-the-counter skin pigmentation remedies. However, for those who don't want to go for expensive, harsh or chemical loaded products, here are some natural remedies, which are quite effective and use only the natural ingredients available in the kitchen.
Home remedies to reduce skin pigmentation
1. Potato: potatoes are well known to remove skin pigmentation, dark spots and blemishes. Rub gently a freshly cut slice of potato on the affected areas of your skin every day. Alternatively, mix potato juice with fuller earth and apply this daily to remove pigmentation.
2. Lemon juice and honey: mix lemon juice and pure organic honey in equal proportions. Apply over the affected areas. Whereas lemon acts as natural bleach, the honey has moisturizing properties. However, as lemon is acidic so avoid this remedy in case you are having sensitive skin.
3. Aloe vera juice or aloe vera juice + vitamin e: aloe vera has natural soothing and healing properties. Squeeze out aloe vera gel from an aloe vera leaf and store this in a bottle in refrigerator. Apply this gel over the affected areas for 20 minutes. It works to slough off older skin cells and regenerate the newer ones. To enhance its effectiveness break one vitamin e capsule and add its contents to the gel.
4. Milk and honey: mix milk and honey. You may also add a little curd to this. Milk and curd have lactic acid which works to slough off the affected skin cells, leaving behind fresh skin. This natural remedy helps in reducing skin pigmentation.
5. Cucumber juice: cucumber juice is an effective home remedy in removing skin pigmentation, lightening dark spots and fading blemishes. Apply the cucumber juice alone or mix it with honey and lemon juice in equal proportions. Apply this over the affected areas, regularly once a day, for half an hour and then wash it off.
6. Orange peel: mix dry, powdered orange peel with cold milk (un-skimmed and un-boiled) and a little honey to make out a thick paste. Apply it gently over the pigmented skin and patches; let it sit there for half an hour then wash it off.
7. Tomato, oatmeal and yogurt: tomato acts as natural bleach. Yogurt also works as natural bleach and has skin tightening properties. Oatmeal works as a natural scrubber.
Squeeze out tomato juice and add 2 tsp. Of oatmeal and 1/2 tsp. Of yogurt. Apply this mixture gently on the pigmented skin areas and let it sit for 20 minutes to dry and then wash it off. This mixture works as an effective home remedy for removing skin pigmentation. Try this remedy daily to see the positive results.