Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Suresh Bapu
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Spine Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Suresh BapuYour feedback matters!
A Brain Tumour can be defined as an abnormal growth of the tissues in the brain, which can disrupt the proper brain functions. Generally, the cells in the human body die and are replaced by new cells, while in the case of a tumour, the old cells do not die and form an accumulation and continues to grow to form a mass as more and more cells are added to it.
Symptoms of Brain Tumour:
- Headache: Having headache on regular basis, without any history of having such frequent headaches in past, which becomes worse because of other pressure related activities, such as sneezing, coughing, exercising might be a possible symptom of brain tumour and issues related to such sudden and frequent headaches should be taken up with the doctor without any further delay.
- Seizures: Seizures (fits) are amongst the most common symptoms of brain tumour, which might be limited to a particular body part or the whole body. Seizures might even continue after the treatment of brain tumour because of the left scar tissues in the brain.
- Numbness in arms/legs: Numbness in any body part, especially arms and legs should also be get evaluated timely, so that, if the possible reason behind them is a brain tumour, then the same could be treated well on time.
- Balancing problems: Poor coordination and balancing problems also arise as the most prominent symptom for the brain tumour and hence such small changes must be evaluated and the person suffering should be taken to a doctor immediately to get treated without any delay.
- Memory problems: Lack of concentration, poor memory and short term memory loss are few of the possible symptoms that indicate the presence of tumour.
- Nausea or vomiting: Nausea or vomiting might be the symptoms of many other possible health issues, but a headache supported by nausea and/or vomiting is one of the many symptoms of a brain tumour and hence should not be ignored.
- Facial paralysis: The inability to keep the facial activities under control also indicates the presence of a possible brain tumour and the same should also be diagnosed as soon as one experiences it.
- Change in vision: A person suffering from brain tumour might also experience changes in the vision, dizziness, blurry vision, among other sight related issues.
- Change in speech: The inability to speak properly and changes in the speech of a person may also indicate a possible presence of a tumour.
- Hearing problems: Sudden occurrence of hearing problems and other hearing related disorders might have the brain tumour as a possible reason.
Diagnosing a brain tumour may include one or more of many tests, including CT scan, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Angiogram and biopsy. One should never ignore the symptoms of the brain tumour and should get himself/herself checked since the brain tumours might result into permanent damages to the brain; hence such issues should never be ignored. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurologist.
Hi. I'm 26 and I want to know about body tremors. I have low blood pressure and sometimes my hands tremble so much but during the past one year I've also experienced body tremor. When I ask my relatives they semi to not see it. But inside I can feel my body is not stable at all. Especially in the morning when I wake up I experience tremor. Pls enlighten.
My mother is diagnosed with Parkinson's disease I have visited 9 neurophysician across India but they rejected the chance of improvement with no chance of surgery. They said she will never be as she was previously is it true or you think different pls share with me.
I have epilepsy I am in medication with Oxytol 300 for two years Since then I haven't experienced any seizures my doctor says it will take 2-3 years to cure. I want to ask what is the reason for it? Can the medication cause long term health risks? My CT scan of brain is normal and my recent EEG report shows" Sharp transients occurring from both hemispheres of brain" as it showed two years before. Am I improving?
Sir my brother is suffering from seizures attack since 4 years he is also suffering anemia, Weakness, last seizure attack on 7.12. 15 after attack he is un cosience for 15 minutes fever also coming doctors given Gardnel-60 mg tab levifil-500 oxetol-300mg 2times a day and he is also have piles problem every time while is going to latrine he is bleeding we have making born marrow test also i. E also abnormal what should we do for him please suggest me. And whenever he coming after from latrine he sit on the table for half an hour how to improve him sir please suggest?
With a side effect of neuropathy, able to maintain 120 to 140 fasting and 150 to 170 post lunch with medication. Still feet are burning now at this stage I have to further increase medicine to bring down sugar or any relief medicine for neuropathy.
My daughter is taking eptoin 50 mg from last year but still seizures occurred now doctor changed to valproate. Does this medicine have side effects on health?
I am 43 year old. Since last one month feeling numbness in the left hand elbow, baby finger, ring finger and left feet area. My Bp, sugar & tmt test normal. Please advice.
My mother 90 years old has recently developed Dementia as she forgets what was discussed a few minutes ago. However, she remembers old time stories and happenings of the family. She has medicines for hypertension, heart palpitation and sleeping pills of .5 potency. She doesn't get sleep with this medicine too. Her control over the bladder has also reduced specially at night.
I had fever 4 days back. It was cured by allopathic medicines. But there is still joint pain swelling in toes fingers. Can not move easily. Pain sometimes like numbness sometimes sprain like pain.
I am a patient of "seizure for the last 15 years and am taking Mazetol 200 daily twice. Still some times I feel very depressed, disturbed sleep. What should I do.
Is there an increased risk of migraine for women who choose to take estrogen for menopausal symptoms?
Hello doc. My grandmother is going though a brain prob. She likes only clean things. She will not even let me touch her. Se stays in toilet for 6 to 7 hrs per day. If she has to piss. She bath. If she wants 2 poop she baths and also cleans the toilet for 3 hrs. please help.
I am suffering from tremendous internal pain from right hand elbow upto wrist and 2 figures (ring and next figures) are paralyzed and have no sense. What medicine I should take. Pl advise.
I have migraine, what prescription should I follow. I have been facing this from last 7 years and getting worst some times.
Cerebral palsy refers to a medical condition where a child suffers from certain disabilities as a result of damage caused to his or her brain during or before birth. If a child is diagnosed with cerebral palsy then he or she may experience problem with body movement and brain development may also get affected. Along with difficulties in body movements, there are many other problems that he or she may encounter, such as difficulties in hearing or vision, intellectual disabilities, learning disorder, impaired speech and seizure problems, etc.
There are many causes responsible for cerebral palsy; they are stated as follows
- If the brain of the child is deprived of oxygen during birth
- Premature birth
- Severe head injury
- A brain infection
Regular exercises and physiotherapy can help the child to cope up with the condition better. Following are few exercises which may prove to be helpful:
- Joint exercises: Joint exercises will help a C.P. child to increase flexibility.
- Muscle exercises: Muscle exercises can help to get rid of muscle tightness which is a common disorder seen in a C.P. child.
- Stretching exercises: Stretching exercises can prove to be very helpful in dealing with the problem of body movement which is one of the most potent symptoms observed in a C.P child.
- Balancing exercises: Balancing exercises can help the C.P. child to improve his or her balance.
- Spine stabilization exercises: Exercising the upper and lower part of the spine can help the C.P. child to strengthen his or her spine which will in turn, help him or her to improve balance.
- Wrist and knee exercises: Wrist and knee exercises work on the affected wrists and knees, thus improving flexibility and bettering body motions.
- Swimming exercise: Swimming, as an exercise, involves the movement of many muscles and joints. It can thus help to improve body movement disorder.
Exercises with proper assistance can prove to be very beneficial for a child suffering from cerebral palsy.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My wife is having migraine issue from last 4 months and she is on naprosyn 500 mg SOS basis. Daily at night she is suppose to have amitriptyline 25 mg also. But she having headache almost daily and after taking naprosyn it goes away in 2 hr .is their any better treatment?
A migraine is considered to be one of the worst headache of all. It causes excruciating pain along with a range of other symptoms. Notably, a migraine pain is very different in nature compared to general headache. A migraine pain is mostly felt on any one side of the brain. Since a migraine is difficult to diagnose, here is a list of 5 signs that will help you to understand, if your headache qualifies as a migraine:
- Vision splotches: It is very common among migraine patients to experience blind spots and a sudden flash of light. While this might appear to be a little unusual, it is pretty normal for migraine patients. The visual cortex of the brain is responsible for incidences like these. They often pace up and slow down to cause such unnatural feelings. For cases like this, the nerve gets activated by the optical lobe and crashes immediately resulting in such sensations. These visible auras are felt by both the eyes.
- A spinning sensation: A migraine patient often gets a swirling sensation. This requires them to immediately lie down. This is accompanied with nausea and throwing up. Certain migraine-induced changes caused in the brain causes hearing imbalance which is very similar to vertigo. These auras often serve as the onset of a migraine and can last for over one hour before the actual migraine cycle starts. If a person is suffering from these symptoms, it is a clear indication that he is suffering from a migraine.
- Light sensitivity: Migraine patients often becomes oversensitive to sound and light. This is perhaps the reason why most migraine sufferers like to spend more time in dark and solicitude. Studies have shown that sudden exposure to light activates the optic nerve fiber which in turn activates the pain receptors in the brain. A study conducted by the Nature Neuroscience journal conducted in the year 2010 showed that even blind person (with a migraine) suffers from a sudden glow of light.
- Touch sensitivity: Sensory auras often cause sharp pain from tiniest of touches. This is a condition known as the allodynia. This is a condition by which the spine and the brain get super excited by the inflamed blood vessels. This condition should be reported to a doctor since the most common medicine of a migraine does not work well if a patient is suffering from allodynia.
- Funny Face: Aura of the tongue, face and lips are known as cheiro-oral. There is a type of aura that makes even speaking and eating difficult. At time sufferers feel that they are suffering from serious diseases such as brain tumor. If this condition prevails, it makes sense to consult your doctor at the earliest and start medication.