Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Anesthesiologists in India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Suresh
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. SureshYour feedback matters!
If the patient is suffering from any of the below symptoms, he might be having Rheumatic Diseases.
• Joint pains and swellings
• Severe joint pains and stiffness in the morning
• Severe back pain and stiffness in the morning
• Unexplained generalized body pains
• Recurrent mouth ulcers/hair loss
• Dryness of mouth/eyes,red rashes on cheeks
• Recurrent heel pains
• Prolonged unexplained fevers after detailed work up by physicians
• Wounds on skin not healing over a period of time referred by a surgeon and physician,Persistent problems regarding abortions referred after primary work up by a gynaecologist,Recurrent uvietis after primary work up by an ophthalmologist,Unexplained pulmonary renal syndromes at primary care level.
It is important to see a Rheumatologist, who has the training and experience to diagnose various forms of inflammatory arthritis
• when the initial diagnosis is in doubt
• to pick up and manage extraarticular manifestations like vasculitis, eye involvement, pleuropulmonary involvement, lymphadenopathy etc in rhematoid arthritis
• arthritis not controlled by traditional DMARDS
• connective tissue disorders like SLE, sjogrens syndrome, systemic sclerosis, mixed and undifferentiated connective tissue disorders etc
• Vasculitidis and other rare autoimmune diseases.
I am having sleeping troubles and body pain, due to which I cannot focus on studies and other things, tried combiflam and some other pain killer but it did not workout. Please suggest me something that helps. Thank You!
Hello sir I have pain in my head and neck from last two years what should I do I am very annoyed by this problem.
My wife with d age about 32 years had a regular problem with legs pain n back pain ,pain starts from backside left leg till left thighs low level. please help.
From last few days when I wake up in morning my feet bottom pains. For few time I am not able to stand.
In medical terms, Osteoarthritis is referred to a disease of the joints. It mostly affects the cartilage or the slippery tissue, which helps to cover the ends of bones in a joint. A proper cartilage helps in gliding of the bones one over the other. In osteoarthritis, the cartilage’s top layer gets damaged or breaks down. This leads to rubbing of the bones and swelling, pain or loss of motion. As the time passes by, the joint may lose its shape. There is also a possibility of developing bone spurs from the edges of the joint. This causes pain and damage.
People suffering from osteoarthritis often complain of joint pain and experience reduced motion. Unlike the other kinds of arthritis, this affects only the joints and does not interfere with the working of internal organs. It is the most common form of arthritis. It mainly occurs in older people. In younger ones, osteoarthritis may occur due to joint injuries.
What Causes Osteoarthritis?
It is caused due to ageing. But there are certain other risk factors that have to be kept in mind. This include:
- Excess body weight or obesity
- Old age
- Joint injury
- Improper formation of joints
- Defective genes
- Stress on the joints
What are the symptoms?
It can develop in any joint in the body. But it mainly occurs in the hands, knees, hips, and spine. The symptoms that indicate towards its occurrence are as follows:
- Stiffness in a joint, especially as you get out of bed or sit for a long period of time.
- Swelling or tenderness in the joints.
- A crunching feeling.
- Sound of bone rubbing.
It cannot be diagnosed by a single test. It takes several methods to detect its symptoms. tHerefore, a combination of tests are conducted, including physical examination, X-rays, blood tests or examination of the fluid in the joints.
How Is It Treated?
It requires a combination of treatments to meet a patient's needs, as per his or her lifestyle, and health. The treatment has four main goals:
- To improve function of the joints
- Maintain a healthy body weight
- It is important to control the pain
- Efforts to achieve a healthy lifestyle
The treatment plan or sketch will involve focus on the following things:
- Weight control
- Rest and joint care
- Techniques to get relief from pain without the use of drugs