Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Anesthesiologists in India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Suresh
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. SureshYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from severe to moderate knee pain from last 2 years. I visited my family Doc couple of times and he prescribed Glucosamine and Calcium Caps for 1 months but it didn't work. After small research in glass I found that Diacerein 50 mg would be more helpful. I would I to know the dosage and another substitute medicine besides Diacerein.
Most probably At morning when I get up, I feel pain due to stretching of muscles so what I should do.
I am 29years old suffering from knee joint pain for pat 3years tried more home remedies but not yet cured tried Many pain killers but of no use.
The knee joint is a very complicated joint in the body as it helps in a number of movements. Knee pain may result from sudden injuries, osteoarthritis or due to overuse and over exertion on the knees.
The various causes of knee pain are:
- Injury to the knee joint
- Being overweight puts stress on the knee, resulting in knee pain
- Infections in the knee joint result in knee pain
- Movements such as heavy squats may cause the knee joint to be sprained
Homeopathy is a holistic method of treatment that focuses on treating the cause of the disease rather than just the symptoms. There are many homeopathic remedies that are used for the treatment of knee pain:
- Rhus Tox: This remedy is used to treat knee pain that results from repetitive motion of the knee joint.
- Bryonia Alba: This is used in treating knee pain that gets worse when the knee joint is moved. Also, it is advised to rest after using this remedy.
- Ledum Pal: This is an excellent treatment for knee pain that is caused by rheumatism and gout. The symptoms tend to worsen under cold conditions.
- Guaiacum: If the knee pain is caused by abscess in the knee joint, then guaiacum is used to treat it. It is advised to apply cold compress to the affected area to allow it to heal faster.
- Benzoic acid: If the cause of the knee pain is deposition of uric acid, benzoic acid is used in the treatment.
- Hypericum: This remedy is used to treat pain that stems from rheumatoid arthritis, such as pain while contracting the knees. It is an effective remedy to reduce pain in the nerves around the knee joint.
- Colchicum: This remedy is administered if the knee pain worsens after moving the leg. It is advised to rest the knee and apply warm compress on the affected area to reduce the pain after this particular remedy is administered.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 22 years old (male) I have a problem in my right knee. Some times my knee cap slips from its place and it feels like I am dying out of pain and in very next moment it comes back to its position, I feel intense pain like hell. It first happened to me in yr 2008, then in 2011, 2012, and today again. I used to apply ointment and it feels good after some time. Please help.
For THIGH Muscles
1 Straight Leg Raise
Lie on your back with arms at your sides and palms facing up.
Movement: Raise one leg with the knee completely straight and ankle at 90 degrees.Repeat with the opposite leg. Be sure to keep your abdominal muscles contracted and the small of your back pressed into the floor throughout the movement.
Stretches: Hamstring Front Leg Swing;Hamstring Rope Stretch; Standing One Leg Hamstring Stretch; Single Knee to Chest.
2 Sit and Reach
Sit up tall on the floor with your legs straight and knees flat against the floor. Toes are pointed upward. Extendyour arms with one hand on top of the other.
Movement: Slowly reach forward as far as possible while keeping your back flat and head in a neutral position. Exhale as you bend forward. Don’t bounce or thrust forward to reach further.
Stretches: Seated Hamstring Stretch;Double Knees to Chest; IT Band and Glute Rope Stretch.
For SHOULDER Muscles
When our shoulders become tense, blood flow is slowed to the area. The less blood, the less oxygen. The less oxygen, the more fatigue.
The purpose of the shoulder roll is to learn to isolate, mobilize, and ultimately relax the neck and shoulder muscles.
1.Stand tall with your feet shoulder width apart and arms relaxed.Your shoulders should be pressed downward as far as possible to start the position.
2. Begin with forward circles, raising your shoulders upward and close to the ears. Roll them forward and down as far as possible. Return to the start position with your shoulders pressed downward and then bring them forward to make a continuous circle.
3. Complete the same movement in the opposite direction by making backward circles with your shoulders.