Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Surendaran
Submit a review for Dr. SurendaranYour feedback matters!
I am diagnosed with Prostate enlargement. What Ayurvedic medicines are there for Prostate enlargement.
How can we reduce the size of tumours? I have some little tumors in the underarms and below it and some around the throat. Its not panic Its is dangerous or not Pls give me advise because a doctor said that its just the clotting of muscles but I can't believe.
My son aged 54 years, is having some bacteria in his prostate gland. He was on heavy medication for more than six months to get rid of the bacteria. But there was no positive response to the treatment and the bacteria remained. There after, he took some injections. These also had no effect. The doctors after all these failures am telling him the these medicines are not able to reach the prostrate. Mu question is, is there any method through which these bacteria can begot rid of?
My girlfriend lives in Spain and I am in india now days, actually she has a small muscular hard ball in her breast and she already consult with kinesiology person and taking treatment she don't have normally pain but only pain at the time of pressing the breast. Please suggest me if I can do some treatment for her in india or kinesiology is good for her. Thanks.
When I am press my wifes breast milk come out through nipple. But my wife not in pregnancy and no child. Our marriage have last one year. Some small periods problem solved when we consult doctor and take medicine. Now no periods problem. Milk come out in my wifes brest in last two months when I press the brest. Please help me is it ok or not. Please send me a mail in my mail id.
Dear sir, I have been smoking since 7 years and till now I'm smoking. How to avoid smoking? After how many years do cancer occur in a body?
My mother has a lump that may be cancer. Her CA 19 levels were 100, over the range of 0-37, which may indicate cancer. It's been there for 6 months but she wants to use alternative medicine like ayurveda to cure it. She won't take a pet scan. Anything else I can do to rule out cancer or help her?
- Seminomatous: These are less aggressive and respond very well to chemotherapy and radiation therapy
- Non-seminomatous: These grow and spread rapidly, and often require surgery and chemotherapy
While the exact causes for testicular cancer are not clear, the following are considered to be the possible risk factors:
- Family history
- Undescended testicles
- Prior history of testicular cancer
- Genetic abnormalities of some types
While testicular cancer is often diagnosed late, the patient can have early symptoms, which are often ignored.
- Painful swelling in one (or both) testicle(s)
- Pain in the lower abdomen and groin area
Often, this type of cancer originates in the testicles and spreads to the lymph nodes inside the abdomen. It can also reach distant organs like lungs, liver, and lymph nodes in chest, neck. If attention to paid to early symptoms such as testicular swelling with or without pain, testicular cancer can be diagnosed early. However, even if diagnosed in the late stages, treatment is quite effective and outcome is good.
Tumor Markers in Testicular Cancers
Tumor markers are very important for diagnosis of testicular cancers. Alpha feto protein (AFP) and human chorionic gonadotrophin (hCG) and lactate dehydrogenase (LDH) are very important markers that are testing in blood. They are very useful in diagnosis, staging and follow up of testicular cancer.
Stages of Testicular Cancer
There are three stages of testicular cancer – I to III, and treatment and prognosis would depend on the stage at which it is diagnosed.
Various modalities are used depending on the stage and extent of spread.
- Surgery: Removal of the testicle is usually the first step in testicular cancer treatment. Removal of testicle for cancer is done by a procedure called “high orchidectomy” or radical orchidectomy and not through the scrotum. This may need to be followed up by chemotherapy or radiation in most cases.
- Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy drugs are used to kill the existing cancer cells and arrest the further growth of testicular cancer. Chemotherapy can be given in early cancers to prevent recurrence of cancer and for advanced cancer to cure the advanced cancer. Chemotherapy is very effective in testicular cancer and cures majority of cases in advanced stages too.
- Radiation: External radiation can be used to target nodes in the abdomen. Radiation is very effective in seminomatous cancers. As is true of all cancers, surveillance and follow-up is very essential. History, examination and testing (blood tests for tumor markers) and scanning (CT scan of abdomen, thorax) are used for follow up.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!