Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Surendaran
Submit a review for Dr. SurendaranYour feedback matters!
Prostatitis is a very common infection of the prostate. However, it is worth to note that prostatitis can also be an inflammation of the prostate without infection. Only 5 to 10 percent of prostatitis is caused by bacterial infection. Prostate cancer does not normally have its chances increased by prostatitis. There are several forms of prostatitis, including acute bacterial prostatitis, chronic bacterial prostatitis and chronic nonbacterial prostatitis (which is also known as chronic pelvic pain syndrome ).
The exact cause for prostatitis is not known, but here are some factors which increase its risk, particularly acute bacterial prostatitis.
- Medical instrumentation: Putting an instrument like a urinary catheter may well cause prostatitis.
- Rectal intercourse: This is basically another name for anal sex.
- Abnormal urinary tract: The urinary tract comprises of the bladders, kidneys, ureters and urethra. If any one of these organs gets infected, then prostatitis is much more likely.
- Bladder infection: A bladder infection may well spread to the prostate.
Prostatitis has a variety of symptoms. Here are the most common symptoms of prostatitis.
- Constant need of urination: This is one of the most common symptoms of prostatitis.
- Difficulty when urinating: Just like the constant need of urination, difficulty urinating is also a sign that you may have prostatitis.
- Pain while urinating: This is because the prostate gland is a part of your urinary tract and if it does not work properly, there will be pain.
- Chills and fever: This is a rarer symptom, but may indicate prostatitis if it is coupled with the other symptoms.
- Pain in perineal area and genital organs: If you are experiencing pain in genital organs, than it may indicate prostatitis.
- Painful ejaculations or relief of perineal pain after ejaculations: If you are having painful ejaculation or the pain arises after ejaculation, then it may be due to prostatitis.
- Hematospermia: Pinkish or brownish semen.
If these symptoms are persistent or bothersome, then a proper consultation is required. Evaluation includes physical examination along with few simple tests. This can be followed by proper treatment for cure or relief of symptoms.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I want to know that my mother had a breast cancer and she died then is it possible that my sister has the same problem. She has a problem too. She has a little size differ in both breast. And one of it is a little tight so I want to know that is it possible that she has a breast cancer.
Hi sir my sister is having mouth cancer. She is from dehradun she is having Ayurveda treatment. .but I want to show her to you once. .financially she is not sound so if we want her to treated by you is there any chance to get funds from any n.g.o? Or shall we go through ayurveda only. Pls guide me coz somebody told me you guide people guineunly. My mom past away before 4 month be coz of cancer now we don't want to loose her so please guide me what should I do??
Skin is a very vital organ of your body as it protects your body from external injuries and also helps in regulating your body temperature. The gradual development of cancer cells on your skin region is known as skin cancer. Skin cancer is a very common disease that is affecting people worldwide. Many causes are responsible for skin cancer.
Some of them are stated as follows:
- Overexposure to sun rays. The Ultraviolet rays can cause serious damage to your skin that can lead to cancer.
- Sun burns may also result in the development of cancer cells
- Frequent exposure to toxic chemical substance can also trigger skin cancer.
- A frail immune system may also contribute to skin cancer.
- Certain scars on your skin, if left untreated, may become cancerous and eventually lead to skin cancer.
- Consuming unhealthy foods and being unhygienic may also lead to skin cancers.
Skin cancer may develop all over your body or on any particular region of your skin. It can spread to other parts of your body rapidly. The symptoms of skin cancer depend on the type of your cancer.
Some of the common symptoms of skin cancer are as follows:
- A sore on your skin that cannot be healed
- Swelling of your skin
- You may also get an itching sensation frequently
- Appearance of bumps
- Bleeding of the affected areas
- Appearance of reddish spots
- A bleeding mole
Skin cancer is absolutely curable if treated at an early stage. Ayurveda offers effective remedies for treating skin cancer.
They are mentioned below:
- Panchakarma therapy is the most effective treatment for healing skin cancer. It involves purification and removal of harmful toxins from your body through its 5 constituent therapeutic treatments namely, Vamana, Virechana, Nasya, Basti and Raktamokshana.
- Drinking green tea can be very helpful. It is known to have anti cancerous properties which help prevent and combat this killer.
- Including more of citrus food in your diet such as lemons, oranges; excluding oily, fried foods and cutting down on higher quantities of sugar can prove to be beneficial.
- Applying turmeric paste on the affected areas may help you to guard against skin cancer.
You must not ignore skin cancer and seek advice from a doctor as early as possible since the process of metastasis (spreading of cancer cells to different spots of your body) is very rapid in this case. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The fallopian tubes are a pair of thin tubes that transport the egg from the ovaries to the uterus. They can either be fertilized or discarded along the process of menstruation. The ovary release one egg every month and the cilia (hair-like projections inside the uterus) transports them to the ovary. This is a normal process for all women who have attended the reproductive age.
When cancer develops?
An abnormal growth of the malignant cells in the fallopian tubes leads to fallopian tube cancer. Most of the cancer that occurs in the fallopian tube is known as papillary serous adenocarcinomas. These are cancers that originate from the abnormal cells of the fallopian tube. When cells have the capability to invade other organs or spread to surrounding cells of the organ, there are high chances of tumor formation. When tumors are formed from the smooth cells of the fallopian tube, they are known as leiomyosarcomas.
The potential causes and risks involved
Out of all gynecological cancers, primary fallopian tube cancer accounts for no more than one percent. The most common age segment for this case is from 40 to 65 and is more frequently diagnosed in Caucasian women as compared to African women. While the exact causes and risk factors of fallopian tube cancer are not known, some conditions that are commonly associated with this condition involves chronic inflammation of the fallopian tube, repeated infection in the ovarian region, prolonged usage of birth control pills. Apart from this, a family history of fallopian tube cancer poses a woman at greater risk of inheriting this. Genetic mutation is also known to be causing this condition.
Diagnosing the cancer
A pelvic examination that involves a thorough investigation of the vagina, fallopian tube, ovaries, and uterus can show signs of fallopian tube cancer. A Pap smear test by scraping off a sample of the cervix is done and tested for malignancy. Many doctors are of the view that an ultrasound test helps to detect fallopian tube cancer. Some doctors might even order a transvaginal ultrasound to get a detailed view of the fallopian tube. Apart from this, other lab tests and imaging tests are also necessary to zero in on the diagnosis.
Know the cure
The treatment plan is decided after evaluation the stage of cancer, the current health of the patient, previous medical history, etc. The common course of a treatment plan is a surgery to ensure that all cancer-affected part of the fallopian tube is completely removed followed by a chemotherapy plan to ensure that cancer doesn’t spread to other organs of the body. In some cases, radiation therapy is also used before the surgery to shrink the size of the tumor.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 53 yrs old male, I have enlarged prostate (BPH).Sr PSA test is normal.Sonography shows enlarged prostate 60 gms.Having increased frequency of urine more in the night. Please advise some Ayurveda medicine. Is there any cure?
Hello, everyone. I am Dr Komal, obstetrics and gynaecologist. I am presently working at JP Hospital, Noida. Today I will discuss with you about Cervical Cancer with my main focus on vaccine available for it.
As most of us are aware that it is the cancer of mouth of the Uterus. It is a most common cancer among females in our country. It affects approximately 1,22,000 females per year in our country and it is a leading cause of death due to cancer in our country. The most common age group affected is 55-59 years of age. But the recent trend is showing the difference towards the age group as well.
Pap smear is a screening procedure and it is offered to all the females from 25 years of the age group and it should be carried out after every 3 years till the 49 years of age. And after this, continue this after every 5 years till you come under 65-69 years of age.
What is the cause of cervical cancer?
You must be surprised to know that in 99% of the cases, human papillomavirus, a viral agent is the infected agent of this cancer. Only 1% of the cause is due to some other things. So, it is a viral infection that causes cancer.
As it is a viral infection, we have the vaccination in our country to fight against the cause of this disease. And the most common vaccine used is Gardasil. World Health Organisation recommends that the vaccine should be referred to all girls between the age of 9-13 years because of its high immunogenicity of this age group. THis vaccination can also be available to all the females till 45 years of age.
The only issue is that once you become sexually active, then the immunogenicity decreases. However, you must be offered and you should go ahead to take the vaccine.
Two is the second dose and that you receive after 2 months of the first dose. And six is the second dose which you receive after 6 months of the first dose.
What is the cost of the vaccine?
It costs about 2800-3000 per dose. There is no severe side effects and the most common being the injection related things.
What is the contra- indication?
There is no contra- indication. But the one important thing is that pregnant women are not recommended to take this. Once you become pregnant while taking this vaccine then you should definitely dose for the next time.
So, this vaccine is available to prevent cervical cancer in the body even in a very minute form.
Hope this video is helpful for you to get aware of cervical cancer which is killing women every day in our country.
Thank you so much.