Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Suraj SubramaniumYour feedback matters!
I am in teaching profession and I have to speak for 8-9 hours daily so I want to know that is it medically correct to speak for 8-10 hours daily.
Dear sir Before 2 year ago my father got surgery in esophagus of carcinoma in situ. But till date he have a pain in full body. Mostly in chest side, back side and in stomach And also now a problem in swelling any food. A Dr. Suggest for stent in food pipe. I want to know is it right? And best standing hospital or Dr. Please suggest me.
I am 40 years old married person. I am very emotional person. I don't know to react but internally feels bad. Please advise.
I am thinking too much I am not happy with my life. Every time failure making me depressed too much. And no mental support from anyone else even from my partner making me depressed more. Sometimes I feel to run away from everything. But because of my only three year old son. I am just staying back. I don't know what to do now.
Good morning sir. I am very very depressed now a days, sometimes I lost in my mind, please help me sir. I feel like suicide Everytime. My confidence has become zero. I don't know what to do. I don't have money also. I do Job of 6k per month. Please help me before I die.
I have a very weak memory. So I couldn't remember things easily. What should I do to increase memory?
I have a back pain after elipsy and till now I did not take medicine. Tell me should i continue my medication or not ?
I am suffering from mental disorders like stress and depression. I don't want to take medicines. What should I do?
I am suffering from chest pain, anxiety. My ecg in short pr 108 nm. I had already acidity. I feel very weakness. Can I heart problem? Take advice.
Many times it happens that I feel reader something but after reading couple of sentence I feel bored however I am a good listener. Please help.
Is depression eating you up from within? Are you facing severe emotional meltdown? Emotional disturbances can ruin your life and this is why you have to look for the best preventive ways. You can have a consultation with any counsellor so that you can share your problems. Your counsellor will definitely help you to get some potential way out.
Best ways for preventing emotional meltdown:
- Detecting the signs: The actual signs of emotional meltdown need to be detected and then only you can get rid of the same. Both your facial expressions and behavioural changes are to be observed carefully as these will help you to detect the signs. If you are remaining silent for most of the times, then there is something going on in your mind for sure.
- Early intervention: You should rely on your intuition or sixth sense so that you can sense the troubles you are going to face. You should have a good observation power so that you can sense things easily. Remain quiet and calm so that you can take the right decisions.
- Living well: You need to choose a completely healthy way of living, otherwise you will never get freedom from emotional troubles. Do not think much about past incidents, rather you should look forward so that you can go ahead. You should develop only positive mentality in order to discharge your duties in a perfect manner. Remain happy and keep everybody happy and then only you will be able to get the actual essence of life. Healthy eating and good habits are also needed so that your life can become more lively and refreshing.
- Have proper communication: If you think that your friends or family members are pretty reliable, then you can openly communicate with them. This would help you to get mental relief and relaxation. If you open up your emotions and share them with anybody, then you will feel relaxed and your mind will be calm at all times.
- Have counselling: It is not always possible to share all your secrets with your loved ones and this is the reason you have to look for the most reliable option. You can go for thorough counselling, and this can help you to get rid of depressing thoughts and other mental troubles. In this case, you have to look for the best counsellor in your locality so that you can disclose all your hidden secrets.
Dear sir I am a 46 years old guy and I bought disgrace to my family by doing some nasty things more than 12 years back which I cannot disclose. Nobody in our neighborhood talks to me, my family members except a very few that too rarely. They look down upon us. What do we do in such a situation. Moving to another neighborhood is not very easy being from a lower middle class background. Please guide me.
My mind is not working and head is pain, I can not sleep , doctor told me I am in depression Please tell.
Hi.There is a friend of mine.She has lost her mother when she was kid.She couldn't concentrate in study after that and taken degrees from open school.She is thyroid patient.Somehow she behaves very awkwardly when somebody in family ask her to loose weight or study like tying dupatta on her neck and threatened to kill herself.Is it a medical condition.How critical is it?
1. Before marriage his family only told us about diabetes and depression disorder out of which depression disorder has lessened. After marriage and after observing him I asked him why he was taking so many medicines. He says he has high blood pressure, cholesterol , he takes a medicine for blood thining, uric acid and prostrate problem. 2. Upon further observation, I found out that he has anxiety disorder and still has depression disorder, he lacks emotions, feelings, he always things about his satisfaction i.e. in a word self centered, has problem in facing reality, not able to talk to others apart from people he knows. When I asked his parents about all these issues they vehemently opposed the above things and started blaming me. But when they saw things are going out of control and might get worse as I have said all the above things to my parents also, his mother out of fear admitted a bit about anxiety and depression. Though both his mother and father started covering up of his illness and said that his illness are controlled as he is taking medicines and he can lead a normal life and even he told the same thing. 3. Now about finances ? I come from a middle class family and during marriage I (as was working earlier before marriage) and my family both have spend money for the marriage purpose and now after marriage I do not have work as I shifted to a different city. The said things they now it very well but still what I have observed is he too wants that if we go for an outing or so he wants that I spend money on one way and also spend money on my personal expenses. 4. Dependence ? Though he is able to depend on me as I am capable to doing most of the things but on the other hand he is not able to do much because of various difficulties and also things just like his mother and father does everything for him, I being a wife too shall do everything as his parents does for him. His mother too said that they wanted a strong personality wife. Now according to me, every father and mother wants a strong personality wife for their son, but what afterwards I understood upon probing them is as he is weak and not able to handle everything. Now my question is why was all the above things which I found out was not discussed earlier before marriage as they told us about diabetes so after marriage too I did not make any issues about it. His mother says they got less time before marriage to say so but his mother used to write long long emails to me and my family about various issues related before marriage, why she did not write an email and could have told us about the problems her son has. She had time to write long long emails related to marriage but did not had time to explain about her son?s condition.
What happens to people with autism when they grow up?
Since autism is a spectrum and people have varying skill levels, future is not the same for all people with autism. A lot of children who are able to cope with mainstream school /college education go undiagnosed and are successful at jobs but may be considered quiet or reserved adults by their family, friends and colleagues.
Several adults on the spectrum who have been diagnosed, and been in a supportive environment in their childhood, have written books which have facilitated and enhanced the understanding of the condition. We have examples of people who are professionally very successful. Some have gone on to become famous authors and at least one has won a Nobel Prize. Some advocate and speak for themselves and for other people with autism in the community.
Some of those who are fully independent in their everyday life may find it difficult to sustain the demands of a job and work environment. Some are married and some choose not to.
Some of those who are married face difficulties in forming relationships with their spouses and carry out responsibilities that come with marriage and having a family, and may continue to need support of another person in planning and carrying out the activities in running a house.
As in every other condition, some people on the spectrum will always need support in life and may never be fully independent. As yet, in India, there are few schools which have an environment or the attitude to accommodate the special needs of people on the autism spectrum. Vocational centers and employment opportunities are even fewer.
For most parents struggling with getting services for their child with autism, one of the biggest worry is‘what after us?’ As yet, there are not enough and appropriate lifespan services for people with autism where they can lead a life of dignity and respect.
However, with support from people around them including the family, friends, neighbours and teachers all of them can lead a happy and meaningful life.