Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
My mother is 43 years old & in an USG: WHOLE ABDOMEN Report she has LIVER ENLARGED (186.3mm) IN SIZE WITH INCREASED PARENCHYMAL ECHOTEXTURE.(FATTY CHANGES GRADE-2. No IHBR dilation/focal SOL is seen. UTERUS is ANTEVERTED and Measures (89.6mm x 43.8mm x55.3mm; VOL-113.6ml BULKY) IMPRESSION: Hepatomegaly with fatty changes grade-2.
Hello doctor am 7th month pregnant and my babies head is upward and legs are downwards as doctor said. Is it affects to my baby. How would be my babies condition after delivery why it's is like so. Will it change the position. Please respond to my question thanks doctor.
I had a bigger breasts few year before and now its going smaller n smaller day by day. I do not know whats the problem. Please tell how can I bring back my breasts like before and what is the reason its becoming smaller?
My friend night just fainted while we were walking in afternoon, when I ask her are you ok then she told it's generally happens during periods! What is the precautions we can take to avoid such things to happen.
Hi Doctor, I am 27 years old Female, married in 2014. We are planning for baby now. But suddenly my weight increased in fast few months. I have been maintaining my weight in 70 kg for past two years. Now my weight is 100 kg. I have tested for Thyroid, but the result shows I don't have Thyroid. I visited gynaec doctor because of my weight increase, she confirmed I have slight pcos and prescribed Glyciphage 1000 mg Folvite 5 mg each day, I am taking it for past two months. Weight remains the same. No reduction in weight. Before taking the tablets my periods are regular even though I have pcos, after taking the tablets my periods got irregular. Now Gynaec Doc prescribed me Obifil diskets tablet. Will this Obifil tablet safe, also help in reduction of weight and in getting pregnant. Please advise me with some tips and revert back asap.
My period date is 10th march but today 14th march. I have safe sex to my bf in 3rd march. Have a chance to pregnancy? If I am pregnant so which medicine take this time?
Pregnancy is a thrilling time period for every woman, but at times things can go wrong and turn out to be scary due to certain complications. Pregnancy Induced Hypertension or Preeclampsia is a high blood pressure disorder of pregnancy. It is a major problem that occurs in women during their pregnancy and it has an effect on nearly 7% of the first-time mothers. The Pregnancy Induced Hypertension causes serious complications and in severe cases, it is dangerous for the baby as well as the mother. Pregnant women suffering from this condition are induced with labor early if they suffer from PIH or pregnancy
The Three levels of Pregnancy Induced Hypertension include:
- Only high blood pressure
- High blood pressure and protein in urine or swelling
- High blood pressure, protein in urine, convulsions and swelling
Common Symptoms of Preeclampsia:
The main symptoms that occur are:
- Blurred vision
- Upper right Abdominal Pain
- Swelling in the Face and Hands
- Infrequent Urination
- Rapid weight gain
The methods that are used to test Pregnancy Induced Hypertension
- Cold pressor test
- Rollover test
- Isometric handgrip tests
These tests are carried out in pregnant women during their 29th to 31st week of pregnancy. These Pregnancy Induced Hypertension tests when proved positive and the diastolic rise in pressure was found to be about 20 mmHg. The pressure observed was not more than 140/90 in women in any case of two consecutive occasions. These results specify that not any of these trouble free physiologic tests are of any application as a predictor of Pregnancy Induced Hypertension.
Preeclampsia occurs in women with a history of hypertension in parents, high proteinuria, BMI or Body Mass Index and family history of diabetes. It is by using a partial set of maternal characteristics that pregnant women are at an increased risk of developing Pregnancy Induced Hypertension.
The cure for this condition-preeclampsia is delivery and in many cases, doctors insist their patients go for a caesarian section. Sometimes the Doctors suggest for an early delivery as it includes an additional threat of loss to the mother to be due to prematurity.
The inflammatory disorder is characterized by anti-angiogenic protein in high levels and soluble forms like tyrosine kinase in the maternal circulation. It is very important that pregnant women adopt the process of self evaluation to safeguard from risk of high blood pressure. They must monitor their blood pressure from time to time as it would empower them to care for their pregnancy and reduce the chances of complications during pregnancy.
I am married for 2 years. Recently Black spots started appearing near my vaginal area. I have body pain as well. What could be the reason. My hair falls as well. Is it a symptom for anything.
Ayurveda works wonders in cleansing the blood by removing impurities and toxins, accumulated in various organs of the body such as the liver, intestines, kidneys, lymphatic system, lungs and skin. It is equally effective in case of both healthy and unhealthy individuals. While the unhealthy person gets rid of the chronic diseases, the healthy person becomes fit enough to prevent diseases and stay physically and mentally fit.
Panchakarma: Panchakarma is Ayurveda's primary purification and detoxification treatment. Panchakarma means "five therapies". These 5 therapeutic treatments eliminate toxins from the body, they are: Vamana, Virechana, Basti, Shirodhara, and Nasya, The series of these five therapies help remove deep rooted stress and illness-causing toxins from the body while balancing the doshas (energies that govern all biological functions).
- Vamana: Vaman (Therapeutic Emesis) :] Therapeutic emesis is administered in patients suffering from derranged Kapha accumulated in Respiratory tract, Sinuses, Bronchial asthma, Psoriasis, Chronic Allergies, Obesity, Chronic Indigestion, Hyperacidity, Nasal Congestion and other skin disorders. Patient is advised to drink decoction of liquorice, or Acorus calamus root, or sugarcane juice – as per his body constitution and ailment he is suffering from – to the full extent and emesis is induced. Minimum 4-6 bouts of vomit indicates excellent purification.
- Virechana: Virechan (Therapeutic Purgation) : Virechan is given to patients suffering from Virechan (Therapeutic Purgation) : Virechan is given to patients suffering from Pitta dosha related diseases. It cleanses the GastroIntestinal tract thoroughly and voids off the Pitta toxins accumulated in the liver, gall bladder and small intestine. Purgation is given with medicines like Cows milk, Black currants, castor oil, etc.It is a safe procedure without side effects. Virechana helps to cure Chronic Fever, Diabetes, Asthma, Skin disorders such as Herpes, Paraplegia, Hemiplegia, Joint disorders, Digestive disorders, Constipation, Hyperacidity, Vitiligo, Psoriasis, Headaches, Elephantiasis and Gynecological disorders.
- Basti (Enema or Colonic Irrigation): The term 'Basti' stands for a pouch or bag. The procedure involves introducing ayurvedic liquid and herbal concoctions made of oils and milk through the perineum or anus or the vaginal opening in women in order to cleanse and heal the lower part of the body and remove the toxins accumulated in this part through the colon and urinary tract. Basti is considered as the mother of all Panchakarma treatments. It cleanses the accumulated toxins from all the 3 doshas : Vata, Pitta and Kapha, through the colon. Basti is also highly beneficial as a rejuvenating treatment. Medicated oil or ghee and an herbal decoction is given as enema to clean the colon and increase the muscle tone. This treatment is provided for several days, based on the medical condition of a person. It provides treatment for: For Hemiplegia, Paraplegia, Colitis, Convalescence, Cervical Spondylosis, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Constipation, Digestive disorders, Backache & Sciatica, Hepatomegaly & Splenomegaly, Obesity, Piles, Sexual Debility & Infertility. It is always better to practice these under the advice of an expert ayurveda practitioner.
- Shirodhara: In this therapy, warm medicated oil is continuously poured on your forehead for about 30 to 45 minutes followed by a 15 to 20 minutes Abhyanga massage. Depending on your body type, milk, oil, buttermilk or herbal decoctions are used to boost up the therapeutic effect of the treatment. It provides deep relaxation to your central nervous system and rejuvenates it. Shirodhara oil regulates the functioning of your hormonal system too, eliminating ailments such as high blood pressure, migraine, anxiety and headaches. Medicated buttermilk massage treatment helps treat diabetes while medicated milk serves as a good remedy to insomnia as well.
- Nasya: Nasya or nasal administration is a procedure of cleaning the accumulated Kapha from the head and neck region. At first, the face, head and chest are massaged thoroughly using certain herbal oil which promotes perspiration. The excess mucus accumulated in the throat, sinus and head is drained out through the nearest opening- the nose. This treatment helps in treating sinusitis, headaches, migraine, Rhinitis, facial palsy, paralysis, insomnia, frozen shoulder and neurological dysfunctions. It is also effective in improving eyesight and memory. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.
Sir tell me best anti pregnancy medicine. Which have no effect on body. And I do not want child for one year. Sir tell me best and safe medicine.
Is it a type of problem if a girl does not have her mensuration date and her period starts anytime without a proper gap.
I have had severe back acne and acne marks in the back for a very long time now. I have pcos because of which initially there were a lot of breakouts on my face too but now they have completely gone except the back acne. Please suggest the treatment for it.
My wife is pregnant for 45 days which we came to know yesterday. We do not want baby noe. There was also an abortion done a year ago. We want to know if there is any medicine which she can take for not to have baby & is there any disadvantage of it for future when we want to have baby. We also have a son of 22 months old. Please suggest.
Hello doctor. ESTRANON is a type of contraceptive ? So is it possible that one may conceive while on these tablets by having unprotected intercourse.
I had sex with my husband 4 days before and I ate ipill day after tomorrow of sex. Im feeling sleepy all the time. I did not have my periods yet. Day before yesterday ia my periods date. I did not hav bleeding yet. And im feeling headache and stomach ache. What should I do? Im I pregnant?
Hi doctor. I am housewife and studying as my routine not good enough where I don't get time for exercise no proper healthy diet. Due to lack of sleep my dark circle increasing and skin too is dull after marriage.
How can I tight my breast dr? After my pregnancy delivery it is so loose and unfit so pls suggest any home remedies for this to tight thank you.
Pneumonia is a type of lung infection that may affect one or both lungs. In this condition the air sacs, also known as alveoli, fill with pus or fluid, which makes it difficult to breathe. Moreover, pneumonia is known to cause inflammation in the air sacs. This disease may range from mild to life threatening and the severity depends on cause of inflammation, the organism fostering your infection, your age and general health.
Most common symptoms associated with the condition are:
- Chest pain
- Difficulty in breathing
- Shaking chills
- Rapid heartbeat
- Rapid breathing
- Dry cough
- Muscle aches
- Bluish skin tone due to oxygen deficiency
- Blood in sputum that is coughed up mucus
- Labored breathing
- High fever
- Bacteria: One of the most common causes of pneumonia is the bacteria named as Streptococcus pneumoniae. This type of pneumonia may occur after you have had flu or a cold or maybe even on its own. Moreover, it may affect only one part of the lung i.e. the lobe and is also known as lobar pneumonia.
- Viruses: Viruses are one of the main reasons why children below 5 years of age suffer from pneumonia. Viruses that cause pneumonia may also cause cold or flu. Viral pneumonia is usually mild and may be treated at home itself. However, in some cases, it may be very severe and life-threatening.
- Mycoplasmas: Mycoplasma is a type of bacteria that doesn't have a cell wall around the cell membrane which is why they are usually unaffected by most antibiotics which target cell wall synthesis. The symptoms of pneumonia caused by mycoplasmas are mild and the patient does not require bed rest. This type of pneumonia is known as 'Walking Pneumonia'.
- Fungi: People with weakened immune systems or chronic health problems usually develop pneumonia due to fungi. You may also develop fungal pneumonia by inhaling large doses of it mainly found in soil or bird droppings.