Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Supriya.GYour feedback matters!
Doctor me and my wife had sex on 29th april 2016 after 1 week of sex she had her periods of 4 days on 6th may and again she got periods on 24th may and then on 24th june she got her periods but in july still not got periods she is having fever from many days headache cough cold backpain and she was vomiting 4 days ago twice in the evening, I just wanted to know she is pregnant or can she turn pregnant after getting her periods we did not had sex after 29th april. Please help us we are so afraid we do not want baby we are not prepared for baby.
Sir my eight month is just started, last week I had sonography and the report showed low water. My doc told me my water is just 7.8 which should be minimum 10 at this stage. For this she asked me take alanine amino acid 200 ml twice through saline which I did already and had also prescribed alanine tablet which she has asked me to take continue until my delivery and also increase liquid intake in any form specially water and coconut water. I just want to ask you whether this much is enough to cure the water deficiency and is my baby is safe if my water is 7-8 only.
Hi, Exactly 75 days back my wife delivered our baby. It was a cesarean delivery. Can we start having sexual intercourse or we should wait for some more days?
As much as we would like to ignore it, domestic abuse is a very common problem. Not every woman has the strength to fight against it and confide in someone. As a friend, it is your duty to look out for them. You don’t have to be an expert in psychology to know the warning signs of domestic violence. Here are 8 such warning signs.
- She is quiet when he is around: If your friend is normally jovial and suddenly becomes quiet the moment her partner is around, don’t overlook the change. She may be scared of saying something that might upset him and start a fight.
- She allows herself to be put down: In almost all cases of domestic violence, the woman is made to feel guilty about everything. This becomes habit and she loses her will to fight back. If you notice you’re friend allowing her partner to walk over her and put her down, she may be facing abuse at home.
- She withdraws from friends and family: Social withdrawal is another major sign of domestic violence. There may be a number of reasons for this; he is too possessive of her, she is injured and scared of letting people see her injuries etc.
- Unexplained injuries: Making an excuse that walking into a door caused a black eye isn’t only a scene from the movies. If your friend suddenly starts wearing inappropriate clothes such as long sleeved tops in summer, she may be a victim of domestic abuse. Look out for such excuses and injuries.
- Plans that are frequently cancelled at the last moment: Victims of domestic abuse often make plans, but never keep them. This could be because their partner does not like them going out without them or because she is injured and doesn’t want you to see her injuries.
- She has casually mentioned violent behavior, but dismissed it lightly: Casually mentioning violent behavior at home could be your friend’s way of trying to tell you that something is wrong. We fear being judged and hence it is sometimes very difficult to speak openly about facing domestic abuse. If you feel a friend is being domestically abused, encourage her to share her problems with you.
- Her finances and personal choices are not controlled by her: Domestic abuse victims usually have most of their lives controlled by their partners. This includes finances, choice of clothing, social attendance etc.
- The children seem nervous and frequently upset: Children may not say much, but notice a lot. Even if they are not abused, seeing their mother hurt can affect a child and make them moody, withdrawn and upset.
When the temperature soars to extremes in the summer, all you want to do is switch on the air conditioner and stake out in a room during the day. Alas! That's not a real world option. In reality, we have to work in the kitchen, step outside to reach office and do our daily chores bearing the heat. In some places, the added humidity becomes an even worse problem with sweat draining us out of our energy. While we can blame it on global warming and other problems, it really isn't going to solve our problem. To do that, we need to look inside and not outside. Nature's bounty is infinite and there are several foods in nature that helps our body stay cool form the inside. That's because nature likes to maintain balance and has all the solutions we need. We only need to look.
Here are a few options on summer friendly meals that can help you beat the heat.
- Summer salads: Fresh and healthy summer salads are one of the sure shot ways to make you feel light and full and keep your body cool while keeping your taste buds super happy. Fill it with the goodness of cucumber, beetroot, cherry tomatoes, carrots and cottage cheese and flavour it with salt, pepper and a dash of homemade cream cheese and pomegranate. We've seen this salad being gobbled up in a record time of 7 seconds. You just have to give it a try.
- Cool drinks: From buttermilk to lemon mint coolers to variants made from fennel seeds (saunf) cooling drinks are a must have in any home. You can stock these up on a Sunday to have them through the week. Also, you can consume many of these with honey instead of added sugar to keep your health and calories in check.
- Fresh fruit salads with ice cream: Fruit salads can actually be a wonderful breakfast or meal option. Using a mix of locally available fresh fruits and topping it with fresh custard or ice cream can be a delightful summer coolant.
- Summer vegetable saute: Want some freshness on the side. A fresh vegetable saute can just become a full meal. Filled with the goodness of vegetables sauteed in virgin olive oil and very little seasoning, the crunchy texture and colourful mix can work wonders in keeping you healthy during the summer. Try a mix of corn, spicy jalapenos, onions and lettuce and tofu to make it a full meal.
Summer heat can sometimes really take its toll. Be careful if you experience unusual symptoms like excessive sweating or faintness.
I am smelling something often these days. I couldn't describe what kind of smell it is. It happened some years back too. But everything was normal after some days. But now it again started. Suggest me what should I do? Its really a strange feeling.
I am 30 years unmarried girl, PCOD sufferer kindly suggest me what should i do as i have gained 15 kg weight.
Every month my period change the date and it's come little bleeding I use 2 whisper a day and one night time. What happens.
Doctor now I am 21 and not married but having interest in sex with my boy friend even he to has interest in me can we have sex regularly I mean at the times of periods also but I should not loose my virginity more what can I do now?
I want to clarify that it's being 16 days after having medical abortion my sister is still bleeding. Is it normal upto such duration ? After 10 days of abortion she subsided the bleeding but then her gynae prescribed her mistol and other medication for infections then again her bleeding get started. Till how many days she will bleed ? Is it safe to bleed after this?
I joined gym just for stay fit and body slim. I was all ok just like a girl have to be. But its my option to join gym just to stay fit. But after some times I skipped gym because of my studies. And after that I become fatty and started junkfood. Now I am agree to stop junkfood but pls tell me how could I become normal like before. Just give me some options and I will stop eating junkfood too. But pls tell me options to lose weight as fast as you can. Pls.
Hi Doctor My wife is pregnant with 6th month, I would to know if she can use wheat grass juice daily, is there any complications if she take This juice. Many elder people are saying is good to use but would like to know from doctors whether can be used and is it good for both.
Due to office tensions I am unable to active on bed, my husband disappointing with me. So please suggest some tablets for increasing my mood. Please help me.
Hi Sir, My last periods started on 25th Oct. And today on 19th Nov we had unprotected sex. But semen ejaculation after orgasm, was outside my vagina. Is there any chance I could get pregnant? My period are regular and lasts for 5 to 8 days. I am afraid of taking contraceptive pill because of side effects. Please suggest.
Hello Doctor I got medical abortion 1.5 months ago at 9 weeks. Due to they were unable to find heart beat of the baby. I had scan they told all was fine. My husband were using condoms but in middle we dint for 2 or 3 times. I dint get my periods after abortion. Wen I went with doc she conformed me wit new pregnancy by blood test. I Don want to loose my baby because it's our first one I am afraid of past situation would occur please guide us. How can I prevent the miscarriage. What food should I eat. Etc please help me out wit good suggestions. Thank you.
I do not feel like to have sex. If I do den I can only do at once at a time. After dat I use to feel pain, dryness and injury. Please suggest me solution.
It’s that time of the year again! So, Diwali comes knocking on your door every year bringing with it deliciously sinful desserts and sweetmeats. Yes, it’s the holiday season, and it surely is the time to indulge and let loose a little bit. But that doesn’t mean you allow the extra inches to add on to your waistline. This Diwali, you can enjoy 3 lip-smacking festive sweets without going on a guilt trip.
1. Oats and Nuts Laddoo:
So why not give a healthy spin to Diwali celebrations this year? Choose oats and nuts laddoo over the traditional motichoor ghee ke laddoo. These laddoos are enriched with oats, figs, almonds, walnuts, pistachios and flaxseeds. Oats are good for the diabetic; walnuts for the skin; almonds for the brain; pistachios for the heart; and flaxseed prevents cancer. So go ahead and indulge in this nutritious delight.
2. Corn Kheer:
As unusual as it sounds, it’s actually healthier than your regular rice or seviyan soaked in sugary fattening milk. Corn kheer is cooked in low fat milk with a healthy dose of dry fruits, cinnamon and saffron. Corn is a natural antioxidant and a great source of fibre. Plus, studies show that it can reduce the risk of haemorrhoids and colorectal cancer, and even protects your heart. Great for diabetics and the health conscious, it lowers LDL cholesterol and hypertension. Milk as you know is a rich source of calcium and vitamin D, which are good for your bones. Add saffron for purifying your blood and cinnamon for a healthy stomach, and you have a wholesome sweet that you can enjoy guilt-free.
3. Badaam Ki Barfi:
Probably the best way to feast on a festive traditional delight without feeling that you’re cheating on your daily health code. Badaam ki barfi is Diwali dessert at its best, and surprisingly it is healthier than the lot of sweets out there too! Almonds, which are fortified with generous amounts of copper, vitamin E, magnesium and protein, are particularly good for your brain and your heart. They help in preventing cardiovascular disease and are great for healthy cognitive functioning. Besides who doesn’t need a little dose of sugar now and then to maintain a healthy calorie count?
This Diwali, enjoy to the fullest in a healthier way without the burden of guilt of self-indulgence hanging on your head.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.