Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Supriya.GYour feedback matters!
My friend is 8months pregnant and she is having legs pain and backache what should she do? And she also want to know in winters now what should she add in hot milk except protein powder n drink?
Hi, I am got pregnant of 20 days, but I want to do abortion as early as possible, so what will be solution?
Hi doctor yesterday doctor told to me I have hormones problem is there means pcos I removed after coper-t this problem came any harm my hormones for coper-t please tell me we are trying for 2nd baby so please tell me how many months after I will conceive now 11 months over coper-t removed.
My wife is not having regular periods now and we have checked the urine with kit and it is positive so should I have sex with her after that.
All living creatures work on energy and a smooth functioning of the different metabolic processes in the body. The energies or “prana/chi/qi” are of different kinds and have their own distinct path of flow and influence. Air energy is better known as the air we breathe and from younger days we learn in school books that air purifies the blood in the lungs. The nose, the windpipe are the pathways and the transfer of energy happens in the lungs, on the blood. This blood feeds/influences the health of each and every cell of the body. The points of influence are the nose and windpipe.
Similarly, there are subtle energies that have their own specific pathways called Meridians. These energies are also associated with special metabolic functions and better known by names that associate with the main organ in the line of their path. For example, digestive energies are associated with the Liver meridian that follows a distinct path in the full body. There are specific zones along this path that can influence the manner in which energy flows along these paths and change the metabolic process of that energy meridian.
These points of influence are called äcu-points’. Pressure applied along these points is referred to as Acupressure treatment”. When needles are used, it is called Acupuncture treatment. The manner in which the Acupuncturist will choose a group of points will stimulate or sedate the activity of toes energies. This will allow the body to regain better health.
The needles help to regulate the flow of energy. Acupuncture is an exact science and needles are inserted into the skin at the point of influence. The depth of insertion, kind of needle, selection of points, angle in which needles are inserted, depth of needle insertion, twisting/turning of the needle, duration of therapy, the frequency of treatment; all these will create a change in the metabolic energies of the body.
A lot of research is being done all over the world to find out how this system works and what it is best suited for. Some medical conditions are easily treated and some take time. Very good medical clinical data is published in leading medical journal regarding these studies. Acupuncture has proved to be very useful in pain management; detoxification; healing enhancement; stress relief; improve digestion and few other health issues. Pure Acupressure medical science claims it is useful for all kinds of health disorder; modern medical research is by and by being able to prove this slowly.
Typically, the process of an Acupuncture treatment will follow these steps:
The acupuncture points are located throughout your body, and at times, the points may be located far away from a pain-affected area. The process of treatment involves the following steps:
- Needle insertion
- Around five to 20 needles are utilized in typical acupuncture treatments.
- The needles are quite thin and do not cause much discomfort.
- Needle manipulation
- After the needle insertion, the needles are moved or twirled. Sometimes, in addition to insertion, heat or electric pulses is applied to the needles.
- Needle removal
- Commonly, the acupuncture needles are kept in place for around 20 to 45 minutes while the patient is relaxed in a lying down position.
The most important benefits of acupuncture are as follows:
- Reduces headache and migraines
- It is quite effective for the management of chronic headaches.
- Based on several studies and research, it has been proven that acupuncture is ideal for the treatment of migraine headaches.
- The strategically placed acupuncture needles help in relieving the symptoms of headache.
- Improves pain of various types
- Acupuncture is considered to be effective in dealing with pain, such as chronic back pain, neck pain, knee pain and arthritis pain.
- Helps in insomnia treatment
- Acupuncture is beneficial in reducing the various symptoms of insomnia and sleeplessness.
- It works better than medicines and herbs for treating insomnia.
- Moreover, the treatment is not associated with adverse side effects.
- Helps in improving cancer and chemotherapy recovery
- Studies state that acupuncture is effective in boosting your immunity and enhances the recovery rate of patients undergoing cancer treatment.
- It also increases your platelet count and prevents the death of healthy cells after undergoing a radiation therapy or chemotherapy.
- It reduces the amount of pain involved in cancer treatment and improves your quality of life.
- The major side effect of chemotherapy includes nausea.
- Prevents cognitive decline
- Acupuncture is also effective in the treatment of Parkinson’s disease.
- The age-related cognitive decline symptoms that are caused because of a neutral response in certain areas of your brain are reduced by this treatment.
Acupuncture is also being successfully used to treat digestive disorders; hormone imbalances; stress and depression; bone healing; reducing inflammation; preventing to treating diabetes; overcome acidity; hair fall and many other diseases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an acupuncturist.
Okay, you are now going to the gym. So, you stack up your kitchen with all the possible supplements that your friend or gym instructor or the expert on some teleshopping show have advised you.
But, where's the real food?" It's not that most people gyming are not eating home food but most are taking in lots of calories and nutrients in the form of energy bars, nutrient-enhanced drinks, and fortified packaged foods. Actually, "real" foods like fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean meats—are better for you than fortified products.
That's because there's more to a chikki or a sweet potato than just a protein bar or carb drink. Within the body, vitamins, minerals, and other essential nutrients work together with literally thousands of other compounds, such as color components in fruits and vegetables, special starches and fibers in whole grains, and unique fats in seeds, nuts, and dairy. And it's the whole package that promotes good health and peak performance in the gym or any other sports. Of course, protein bars and shakes seem like a convenient way to take in all nutrients at one go without the hard work of preparing it. But getting these nutrients—and more—from real food is not difficult.
The need for supplementation should not surpass the intake of real foods. Remember, no supplement will work in isolation. For you to achieve the best from it also needs the best of a healthy diet.
Look for some easy ways in the part two of this topic, and your body will get everything it needs for better health and better performance in the sport you are into.
I am 3 month pregnant today suddenly I feel pain in my lower back it's normal in pregnancy ya any thing go wrong.
My menstruation generally come on 29th of past two months but in the month of March till now I didn't get that, though I am doing work. Since last 10 days I was travelling I lift my heavy bags also still I won't get, can you please recommend me any solutions, I got so many pimple on my cheeks also. I am disturbed.
3 or more cups per day of coffee intake is associated with lower insulin resistance and risk of diabetes
Respected doctors I am 34 years female and married for 10 yrs, I lives in haryana. I am feeling massive lower back pain. The center of pain is just up on my hip Bones. This pain caused due to I got problem in my periods timing usually. Last time I got my period properly near 15 th june, then after one month near 15th july I got little bleeding first day after then next day bleeding had stopped. And I got pain in my lower back for 4 to 5 days then I got normal. Now I do not have my periods properly too although I noticed few drops of bleeding in between 16 to 17 in August but I am suffering by massive pain for 10 days even unable to walk. What treatment is perfect beneficial for me advise.
Me and my girlfriend have sex without condoms and have it in a very calm way. We both do not have any std's so is there any risk of having one? If we have sex without protection?
Breast cancer is a type of cancer, which occurs due to the development of cancerous cells in breasts. Women are usually affected by breast cancer and breast cancer is one of the most common forms of cancer after skin cancer. Usually fatal if not diagnosed in its early stage, breast cancer is a very serious medical ailment. Read on more to find all about the different symptoms, causes, preventive measures and treatment of breast cancer.
Symptoms: Breast cancer has few distinct characteristics and if you have a few or all the following symptoms you could be more likely to suffer from breast cancer.
- The formation of a lump in your breast, which is different from the surrounding tissue and usually more thickened.
- The discharge of bloody fluid material from the nipples.
- Sudden change of the size, shape and appearance of the breast.
- Certain distinct changes to the skin over the breast for example an indentation in the skin similar to that of a dimple.
- Appearance of an extra nipple which is inverted.
- If the darkened area around the nipples known as the areola is flaking or peeling off.
Causes: Studies and researches remain inconclusive on what causes breast cancer. Breast cancer occurs due to abnormal division of the cells located in the breast, which over time accumulate and form lumps. They
might spread to other parts of the body. Breast cancer is caused mainly due to a complex interaction of personal genetics, environment and lifestyle choices. Breast cancer can also be caused due to genetics as about 5% to 10% of cases are due to gene mutations which pass onto generations.
Risk factors: There are certain factors, which increase the probability of contracting breast cancer. Increasing age, personal and family history of breast cancer, obesity, radiation exposure, pregnancy at an older age, postmenopausal hormone therapy are some of the factors that increase the chances of breast cancer.
Treatment: Several forms of surgical methods exist to treat breast cancer. Depending on the condition and spread of the disease a suitable surgery is performed. These include mastectomy, lumpectomy, axillary lymph node dissection and removal of both breasts. Other forms of treatment include chemotherapy or the use of high doses of drugs to destroy cancerous cells. Radiation therapy where X-rays are used to destroy the cancer cells is also effective.
I want to become pregnant, so after having sex on my fertile period what should I avoid to become pregnant.
"I don't have time" is one of the most common excuses heard for living an unhealthy lifestyle. When you're working at a full time job, it is often easier to order in from a restaurant and spend the evening watching television to 'cool off' instead of cooking a healthy meal and hitting the gym. However, a busy lifestyle does not necessarily need to be unhealthy. Here are a few simple tips to live a healthier life.
- Cook one pot meals: Cooking doesn't have to be complicated. Experiment with your microwave settings and recipes to find quick meals that can be made in under a minute like quiche in a mug or steamed salmon. Making pasta can be as easy as putting all the ingredients in together into a pot and letting them cook. Find recipes that require minimal grocery shopping and preparation.
- Take the stairs: Elevators are definitely a convenience and cannot be avoided if your office or home is on the 10th floor. To balance convenience and health, get off the elevator a floor or two below yours and climb up the remaining stairs. Obviously working up a sweat by climbing stairs at the beginning of your day at work isn't a good idea so time your stair climbs at the end of the day or when a shower is nearby.
- Avoid snacking: Eat proper meals instead of mindlessly snacking through the day. Keeping a food diary can help you recognize your eating habits and rectify them. If three meals a day does not satiate your hunger, break your meals into smaller portions eaten at more frequent intervals. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and should never be skipped.
- Drink plenty of water: Often we snack not because we're hungry but because the body is dehydrated. Water can also boost your energy levels and aid digestion. However, avoid filling your stomach with water before a meal to make you eat less. This can hinder your digestion process and keep your body from receiving its necessary nutrients.
- Cut back on packaged foods: Packaged food is never really all that good for you. In most cases, it is loaded with sugar, sodium, preservatives and artificial flavouring. If you cannot avoid packaged food, pick the one with minimal ingredients.
- Interval training: Spending an hour at the gym is not the only way to exercise. If you cannot find time for a full workout, try interval training. Get off the couch during intervals while watching your favourite soap or take a quick five minute break from your desk to exercise. Regular exercise will also help you sleep better and make you wake up feeling refreshed.
My married friend was planning a baby. Thus month she had the feeling that she has conceived as there were symptoms including vomiting, spotting etc. She was waiting for her periods to be missed to do home pregnancy test to be sure if it. But yesterday night she fell, had immediate periods with heavy unusual bleeding. Is it a possible miscarriage? Does she need to consult a doctor immediately, I mean if it's miscarriage can it be dangerous for her body if unattended?
Hi. I just want to ask and im very worried at the moment. Ok, my first day of my last period was sept 5 and we had a contact of my husband last sept 15 using pull out method. Do you think it was safe? Pls answer my ques. I am very stressed out. Thanks.
Most medications are used because of their one particular therapeutic effect. However, invariably, they affect other organs or systems and produce some good and some adverse effects. The same happens with birth control pills (BCPs), which are the most commonly used method of contraception. It is also the most effective method. It contains the female hormones estrogen and progesterone in various combinations and these have an effect on various body functions, so it should come as a surprise that regular use of BCPs leads to a number of side effects.
Read on to know more
- Intermenstrual bleeding: This is the most common side effect and occurs in about 90% of the women, but usually subsides within 3 months. They experience bleeding between their regular periods. While mere spotting can be ignored, bleeding for more than 4 to 5 days needs a visit to the doctor.
- Missed period: It is very essential to take the pill at the same time daily. Sometimes, a period might be missed or may be very light and this should be reported.
- Effect on libido: While some report a decrease in libido, there are others who experience an increased sex drive. This depends on the individual and not consistent.
- Vaginal discharge: The amount and type of discharge can change when on the pill. Decreased lubrication may lead to a reduced sex drive, as it might be painful. If the discharge is foul-smelling or looks suspicious for an infection, then a doctor should be consulted.
- Mood changes: Changes in mood and prominent mood swings are very common in women using contraceptives, with many feeling depressed often.
- Effects on breasts: While it is not yet proven if they increase the risk of breast cancer, most women experience breast enlargement, tenderness, and sometimes pain. This is more common in between their periods.
- Headaches and migraine: BCPs are also proven to have worsening effects on migraine and headaches.
- Circulatory effects: Oral contraceptives increase the chances of heart attack and stroke, especially in women who are over 35 and are smokers. Most women experience a slight increase in blood pressure and are more prone to form blood clots. It is essential that contraceptives are used under medical guidance only.
- Digestive effects: Oral contraceptives can cause loss of appetite, changes in body weight, diarrhea, and nausea. The weight gain is also attributed to increased fluid retention, especially in the hip and breast areas.
- Skin: Some women may experience skin rashes and acne and sometimes hair loss due to the increased level of hormones in circulation.
It is very important that the pill is taken at the same time for best results. Any suspicious symptom should be immediately reported to the doctor.