Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Supriya.GYour feedback matters!
Hi Doctor, My wife has vaginal infection, there is itching on her vagina outside and inside. Also she facing burning in her vagina from last 4 days she is facing issue. Can you please guide on this. She is 22 Years old. She is very shy type.
Protein is the key for muscle building; this will help you gain weight. Help yourself to nuts and dairy products.
Sir, Actually my one right nipple is little bigger than the left one. Also there is red spot around the bigger nipple. I also feel pain sometimes in the bigger nipple when I touch with my hands. Sir is this a Brest Cancer. I also have migraine is this due to migraine? Sir kindly help me I'm afraid to tell my parents.
Hi Its related to my wife pregnancy. She last period on 16th Dec 16. What will b ovulation date. I intercourse in 30th dec.
We are parents to a 14 year old daughter and 11 year old son. I am in a transferable job and the family moves with me. Our daughter started her periods when she was 9.5 years.It was the time that she stated being physically abusive towards her mother without any reason or remorse. In the last 3-4 years her behavior towards her parents, sibling has worsened. In our last relocation 3 years back, she had problems in making friends at school for which we sought professional counselling, got her enrolled in sports and things were a little better for a few days.We also took homeopathic treatment to treat the aggression in her. One day we learnt that she has infatuation for a 17 year old boy at the sports academy. The boy was suggesting sexual advances towards her as we could gather from her personal diary. We could intervene and resolve the issue. We have also been meeting the school counseller off and on. During this time she was making use of the mobile phone which we had kept for use at home ( in place for the regular landline). Last year she pestered and forced her to buy her a smartphone.Our problems aggravated manifold after we bought the smartphone. Her attention towards her studies nosedived despite taking extra tuitions. She would throw her clothes, towels etc on floor after use and listen to music on the cell all the time.Her sleep wake cycle is also abnormal. She would get up at 12 PM on holidays. For last 6 months she is friends with a 17 year old boy of her school and has been chatting with him on FB/whattsapp. The boy is making sexual advances towards her while in the school( as we could understand from her phone). We were called one day in the school to inform that she has been bunking her classes. All this while we have been very supportive /sympathetic towards our child. The teachers have suggested that we take the smartphone back from her. But her behavior is so violent and abnormal that we do not know to head in which direction.
Hi. I am married and housewife n period date was 18 April n I have tested pregnancy test 5 days before but it was negative n now I feel like vomiting, weakness in body while I wake up n also headache n little lower stomach pain is also n.but now that place where I can't go out n pregnancy test kit so dat I cn check nor I can tell to my sister in law to bring. Here everything is far. How to check that I am pregnant or not. How confirm it. Is there any other way to know it. N m at my sister in law house n my hubby is out of station. What should I do .Pls reply is there other thing which I can check at home.
My periods is skipped. I am experiencing nausea and vomiting tendency. Also having cramps in stomach. Last night I had seen some spotting typ of blood coming out. firstly I thought that I had conceived n I am pregnant but unluckily home test came out to be negative. Can you please help me out with what m I suffering from?
Hi, I have lots of problems from last 12 months I feel that my scalp is getting bald, I took lots of medicines, did lots of Home Remedies so now my hair is growing but taking so much time, I am taking biotin of 5000 mcg from last 2 weeks, but now I am feeling swelling on my hands fingers and leg and so much pain on my whole body, Why I don't know. I feel laziness and tires whole day my health is also not growing. Please suggest me Doctors what should I do?
Am recently married girl. We r not trying to conceive now. I have never experienced any irregular period before marriage. But now my period was irregular in a month after marriage. It came in 15 days. And one month it is there for 3 days and the next 6 days with less flow. Now my problem is I got brown discharge at early morning alone for 3 days on my 18th days after period. What is this due to?
I am having problem of irregular menses since the age when my periods was started. I got married in 2009 and faces the. Prob of conceiving baby I got success after one year of my marriage. I am having a boy of 4 years. I am trying for my second baby from more than two years but i am not able to conceive what I should do?
That delicious grilled chicken in your oven is incomplete without a touch of rosemary in its marination and garnish. Rosemary, one of the most common herbs from the Mediterranean region is famous all over the world for its flavour and taste. It is seen to be complementing every meal that you make. However, there is more to Rosemary than just adding flavour to a dish. It not only adds flavours but also has immense nutritional values. Some of these are explained in details below.
- Strengthens the Immune System: Rosemary has the three-fold health benefits of being an antioxidant, anti – inflammatory agent and anti-carcinogenic. This means that it helps in fighting diseases caused by bacteria and viruses and helps in boosting the immune system. Furthermore, it can be consumed as one of the preventive substances for cancer due to its anti-carcinogenic properties.
- De-stresses an Individual: If you suffer from anxiety disorders or stress disorders, then the aroma of Rosemary itself can act as a stimulator and calm your senses. Rosemary is seen to be a great stress buster. In this age of stress and tension, at times it is necessary to destress yourself and rosemary helps you in doing so. In fact, even in aromatherapy, some of the essential oils have rosemary as an important compound.
- Freshens breath: Rosemary acts as an antibacterial agent. It gives you fresh breath for a long time. All you need to do is soak rosemary stems in warm water and gargle with that water. It would help in destroying all unwanted bacteria inside your mouth and keep you orally fresh for a long time.
- Detoxification of the body: Rosemary has been detected to be diuretic in nature. This would mean that it helps in faster flushing out of toxins and wastes from the body. Furthermore, it has been seen that rosemary helps in the healing of the liver, which is one of the slowest organs to heal.
- Healthy Skin: Rosemary oil has been used as one of the few essential oils used to rejuvenate the skin. But off late, even the leaves are being crushed and made into a paste and used on the skin. This helps in healing any scars or blemishes that the skin might possess. Rosemary is also known for its hydrating properties.
Thus, these are some of the most important benefits of consuming rosemary on a regular basis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
I am 31 year old. Don' t have a baby yet. I have polytheistic ovary. Weight is 55kg. Can I get pregnant. My doc wants me to for ivf should I go ?
Menopause brings about a lot of changes in a woman's body. It not only signifies the end of her fertility and child bearing days, but it is a sign of growing age and the body progressing in a new direction of aches, pains and vulnerability. While some of these are natural, others can prove to be dangerous as it significantly increases the risk of heart disease (unlike common myths, women do get heart attacks). The risk factor is also goes up if the woman suffers from diabetes, obesity and high blood pressure. One of the widely known, but well ignored fact remains that women with a sedentary lifestyle increase their risk and vulnerability to all of these diseases. A family history in heart disease can also turn into a risk factor when menopause sets in.
The natural age of menopause is considered to be around 50 and when a woman reaches this age, the estrogen levels in her body experience a sharp drop. This hormone is partly responsible in maintaining heart health in women. Other factors that are triggered during menopause include changes in body fat distribution from a gynoid to an android pattern, reduced glucose tolerance, abnormal plasma lipids, increased blood pressure, increased sympathetic tone, endothelial dysfunction and vascular inflammation.
Experiencing menopause? Here's how you can lower your risk of heart disease
A healthy lifestyle never comes by accident, only by choice. And this is an essential key in controlling diseases that come as a side effect of menopause too. Here are some thing you can do:
- Walk / Exercise: This isn't a 5-day week practice. You need to exercise throughout the week in order to maintain heart health. It helps your heart to pump blood through your body and also reduces risks to other diseases like high blood pressure and cholesterol. One key benefit is that it helps keeps the weight off - that should be good reason to walk an extra mile.
- Choose a healthy diet: Most people mistake a diet to be about not eating the things you really like. A good diet can be made very tasty and can also be portioned in such a way that it leaves less room for craving. As always avoid the junk, deep fries and extra helping of cheese.
- Hormonal therapy: There has been contradicting evidence on hormonal replacement therapy for estrogen can lower the risk of heart disease. Some women continue to be advised this treatment based on their particular case history, especially for women who undergo surgical menopause (when the uterus and other reproductive organs many have to be removed due to life threatening conditions like cancer).