Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Supriya.GYour feedback matters!
I have had intercourse without condom almost thrice. Now I'm feeling pain in my private part. I even took an I pill. I tried to wash the vagina with cold water many times. Even now I have some relief in the pain but I'm still feeling some stickiness. I don't know why .But I can some fluid some yellowish or pale white in color. That is really irritating. It's showing continuously on the underwear. Today I even saw little blood. Is it injured or something. I had already taken Ipill .What should I do.
You can try this maneuver on people who have choked upon food, articles and you have very less time to wait for the emergency services to rescue.
Try the heimlich maneuver and you could be gifting a person his/her life.
Firstly check upon the person if he has really choked on something. Usually they will be gasping for air as the choking must have blocked the air passages. He/she may not be in a state to tell you if they have choked upon something as they cant talk but you can clearly see signs of struggle.
Tell your friend to immediately call emergency services while you try heimlich maneuver.
Never give forceful blows on the back as this may cause the object to go further down the trachea causing more difficulty in breathing.
Try heimlich maneuver:-
1. Stand behind the patient keeping your legs stable so that if the patient falls you can give proper support.
2. Encircle your hands from behind the patient such that the level is midway below the breastbone and above the navel.
3. Make a fist of your dominant hand and slip in the thumb of the dominant hand inside the fist so that you don't hurt the patient during the maneuver.
4. Now hold the fist with the other non dominant hand.
5. Now give abdominal thrusts from behind. Pull upwards and inwards using a good amount of force.
6. Do step 5 quicker and forcefully. This shall dislodge the object and by coughing it will get expelled out. Keep doing this until the object comes out.
7. If the person gets unconscious (shows that the object is not getting dislodged and the condition is worsening) stop the maneuver and immediately try to take them to the emergency room.
8. The person shall need cardiopulmonary resucitation to rescue his life.
Hope this helped.
I n my gf have sex with protection. Her last period was started on 2nd sept. But till now her another period does not come. So what to do now?
I just do not want to be mother please tell me best solution or best medicine which have no side effect in future.
I have all test during pregnancy like blood sugar, chromosome analysis, karyotype, BP etc, but all test normal. I have not any problem like illness, BP, loose motion etc, during pregnancy. I have all right during pregnancy but in the seven month the Amniotic fluid found. Before seven month like 5 and half month I scan everything is all right but when I scan end of seven month Amniotic fluid found. I have go in PGI Chandigarh they are not found any reasons of this fluid. Please tell if I delivery before seven month it is safe for my child. I have already lost three child cause of Amniotic fluid. Please give me solution.
During sex the vagina gets totally dry and penis does not go inside at all which leads to disappointment. What is the reason and what is the cure or treatment? Please help it is spoiling relationship.
My. Wife. Has. Recently. Conducted technicitium. Scan (thyroid) she. Was. Prescribed. For. Radio iodine (1-131) therapy is. This the right. Treatment. Has. This. Any. Side effect. On. Health. Pregnancy. Please. Inform T3 CLIA 182 T4 CLIA 9.3 TSH. CLIA. Less. Than 0.01.
I am 34 weeks pregnant. My baby is in breech position. Is normal delivery possible. ?is there any risk?
Me and my wife had unprotected intercourse and taken ipill with in 24 hours of time hence we are not ready for children as of now but can we continue unprotected sex after having the tablet and is there any risk of pregnancy if so please tell me what we can do instead (as I am aware that there will be more side effects for daily control pil) but we like to continue having sex (due to my partner wish) please advice can we proceed like wise.
We know that acquired immunodeficiency syndrome can spread through sexual contact but i want to know that is it also a genetic disease?
My period is irregular, first it use to come in 45 days bt now a month or 2 months. As i am getting married in 3 month, please suggest some beneficial home remedies.
Sir I am 18 years old girl my weight is 45 my height is 164. In this month periods not occur? What was the problem? What are the steps did I do?
Hi sir I am married men my wife doesn't show in interest I want to increase the sexual desire in my wife Please prescribe me any treatment or any medicine for this.
On Aug 2nd I had unprotected sex which involved very little penetration, and again on Aug 5th, I have pcos due to which I hadn't got my period for 4 months, I took an i-pill on August 6th, and had a withdrawal bleeding on August 14th, heavy flow. I took pregnancy tests on the 17th and 21st both came out negative. I was still not convinced hence I took a blood test on 23rd August I had 0.5 miul hcg. I'm having white stringy vaginal discharge, is there anyway I can have any type of pregnancy?
I miscarriage 2 times within the gap of 6 months due to no heart beat in second month first time and no foetal pole 2nd time in 3rd month. Can I have normal baby next time. I am having 2 daughters previously.
Post pregnancy, you may experience pain due to multiple reasons. However, such pain might subside within a few weeks, but still it is advisable that one should be prepared prepared for all kinds of discomfort post pregnancy, such as the pain you endure while breastfeeding or the epidural pain. If you have undergone surgery, then there may be pain due to surgical incisions as well. One should keep herself hydrated all throughout and be patient while trying to deal with such post pregnancy pain.
Managing pain depends on the type of pain you are experiencing. Below is a summarized account of the different types of pain one might go through and how to come out of it.
- Incisions: In case the delivery occurs by the caesarian procedure, you might have to endure pain from the incisions. The pain generally lasts till all the incisions heal, so you will require pain medications to get relief from the pain.
- Uterine contractions: The uterus needs to return to its normal size after the delivery. The pain from these contractions tends to increase with subsequent pregnancies. Like incisions, pain medications will be administered to help you get relief from the pa
- Vaginal dryness: A woman’s vagina tends to be dry while she is breastfeeding. This can cause pain if you want to indulge in sexual intercourse. In this regard, lubricants (preferably water based) are a good way to treat vaginal dryness.
- Engorgement of the breast: When a woman starts lactating, her breasts tend to become fuller and thus, cause minor but persisting pain. A breast pump (used to extract milk from a woman’s breasts), in this case, can relieve you of such pain.
- Back pain: Pregnancy related stress and strain can often lead to back pain. This back pain usually stems from holding the baby and breastfeeding it. If it so happens, you can consider changing your posture while breastfeeding and taking warm baths twice a day to get rid of the backaches.
- Joint pain: There may be pain in your joints such as the one in your wrists, hands and feet. This usually occurs due to all the chemical changes that your body undergoes during pregnancy. Pain medications and stretches can help ease this sort of a pain.
- Pain in the legs: Post pregnancy leg pain is caused because of all the fluids that are administered intravenously. Once the content of fluids in the body reduces, the pain tends to subside. However, any sign or symptom of blood clots or visible redness in the legs might warrant medical attention at the earliest.
- Headaches: This is the most common type of pain that can result from a pregnancy. Headaches are caused due to hormonal imbalances, insomnia and stress that you may experience. It is advisable to not take any pain medication in this regard as painkillers can interfere with your bodily hormones even more, given that headaches are usually not something to worry about. Drink plenty of water and try to get ample rest; this should take care of the pain automatically. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a pain management specialist.
Gaining muscle mass is not only about looking good, it also has health benefits. It plays a critical role in promoting metabolic health, bone strength, maintaining body weight and reduces stress. Gaining muscles also have positive effects on obesity, disease recovery, aging and bone density. There are beneficial diet plans that one can follow to build muscle mass and live a healthy life.
Here are some super foods that you can include in your diet to increase the nutrition content and gain muscles.
- Lean Beef - Beef is packed with protein and nutrients such as zinc, iron, and Vitamin B. An 85-gram serving contains 154 calories with increased level of amino acids that promotes the growth of muscles.
- Cottage Cheese - It is one of the most beneficial dairy products to consume which contains protein, Vitamin B12, calcium and other nutrients that help build muscles.
- Chicken - Chicken is another product you can include in your diet that helps maintain weight, bone density and gain muscles. It introduces high-quality protein in your constitution which is required to maintain good health.
- Eggs - Eggs should be a staple in your diet if you want to build muscles. It has amino acids, proteins, Vitamin D and choline, a good kind of fat that is needed to maintain and gain muscles.
The importance of muscles
- Metabolism - Gaining muscles boosts metabolism in many ways. It controls fat gain and prevents obesity and diabetes.
- Bone density - Bone density is an important issue, especially among women and the elderly. Building muscles can improve bone density and prevent osteoporosis.
- Recovery from disease - Eating nutrition-rich food increases the protein intake which not only improves the immune system but also helps in fast recovery from illness.
Related Tip: 4 ways to gain weight?