Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SunithaYour feedback matters!
Dear sir Is it advisable to do TORCH panel test IGG Measles, Rubella tests before going for pregnancy?
I am suffering from pcod disease so my hair is being increased of mouth. So if I use uproot lotion. Than it is good for me or not?
Dear Team I want to know how to Avoid pregnancy. Best method to avoid pregnancy without using condoms. Because me n my hby do not want baby at least 2 years. Thanks in advance.
Previous month my period was not clear means less bleeding and this time period is late and there is also blood clots . Is there any problem.
During my girlfriend menstrual cycle she suffered stomach pain is that normal or not. Or please suggest something which will reduce this pain. Is any diet helps or not.
I had an ipill 2 months ago. In the month of april my periods were delayed by 2 weeks and in the month of may I got the periods on time as per my regular date. I also took some 4home pregnancy tests each after a weeks gap. All were negative! And since one week I am feeling tired at times. Can this be an effect of something? Also, I work in night shifts 7: 00 pm-4: 00 am.
I am married and have 15 month boy. Me and my partner will planned second baby after 3 years. What should we do for did not pregnant. Last 8 month I use condom is any harmful for my partner. Temporary family planning details pls Thankyou.
The idea of female sexuality has been oppressed and suppressed since time immemorial but modern times have brought a much-needed change. Exploring women's libido and why it depletes is one of the important aspects of their sex drive.
The following are some of the important things to know about female sexuality:
1. Desire to be desirable - In present times, the effect of media and advertising on women's self and sexual esteem often proves to be detrimental. Such portrayals may often make women view their physical and sexual self as less than desirable. This can lead to depression, social anxiety, and stress. Thus, one may be at an increased chance of taking up harmful habits like smoking and drinking.
2. Low desire is normal - Woman's biological makeup results in high degree of variation in woman's sexual desire during various phases of her life such as pregnancy and lactation as well as during her menstrual cycle. This is in stark contrast to a man's drive which has no cyclical variation. Often this is not understood and woman are labelled as having low sexual desire. Added to this is the desire discrepancy within a couple. The one who has higher levels of libido considers the other as having lowered desire. Understanding these facts can help couples to deal with their disappointments in a better way. Apart from the biological makeup, household responsibilities, under-nutrition, social factors and attitude towards sexuality, coupled with a long-term monogamous relationship, lower the interest of sex in women temporarily.
3. Parenthood and sex - Studies indicate that one-third of couples experience a notable amount of sexual loss once they have children. Around a total of ninety studies concluded that couples who have children had lower marital satisfaction than non-parents. A correlation was found between marital dissatisfaction and the number of children. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
I have one main problem in my life that is suffering me lot ,problem is what happen if I marry my sister in low (my mothers brother daughter), actually I'm in love with her I want to marry her ,plz tell what happen if I marry her, all are saying that by marrying sister in low children will born with handicapped, and there will be some affects in children ,and some says it is scientifically proved, I can't understand which is true ,but I want to marry her, I'm asking you because you r a doctor you will know which is true and which is rumor, till now I searched I all web sites and books but I never read that in books or I even search in google ,no one is mentioned it is problem and so and so problems will happens by marrying her I never heard that ,i think it is rumor, is it so sir? Only you can solve my problem, I believe that only you can solve my problem ,i hope so, please describe what are the problems if I marry her, she also loves me ,plz help me. Sir/madam what should I do for her ,i can't miss her ,i hope you can help me. please solve my problem. THANK YOU.
I got married in 2016 December my dream is to get twins please suggest me mam/sir. We r following all methods nd positions of sex.
Hi I have white patch grown in last 3-4 months near vagina outer libs abd anal part. It causes itching n some skin removes as well. Sometimes swelling in affected area. I am unable to sleep properly due to this. Patch is growing daily. .i maintains hygiene. .i m nt sexually active. . Age is 26 unmarried. . Never had sexual relation . Takes plenty of water daily. I am worried. Is it lichen sclerosus or something else. Please guide me.
I had done pregnancy test but 1st time was positive one with dark line and another lighter but 1 week before I had done again that test was with just one line as negative. And yesterday I got up with periods and in it some big fleshy thing is that miscarriage if yes than what if I didn't consult a doctor.
The reason behind your headache is not always common cold or loud music. Headaches can be triggered by a host of reasons, some of which can truly surprise you.
Check these 9 unexpected reasons that can make you reach for that aspirin.
1. Your weight
A recent study revealed that people with mild obesity, which means a body mass index (BMI) of 30, were 35% more likely to get headaches than those with a lower BMI. In fact, those who have a BMI of 40, and are quite overweight, had their chances increased up to 80%. Why exactly this happens is yet to be determined.
2. Your manager
Excessive work pressure can cause stress; and anything that causes your stress levels to rise can make you prone to tension headaches and migraines. Stress and headaches are interrelated. When you feel stressed out, the nerves in your brain that relay pain become much more sensitive. This, as a consequence causes that nagging headache.
In a survey conducted recently, 46% people said that sex was the prime reason behind their headaches. This kind of headache arises as a result of overexertion, and can even be caused while exercising. During sex, you may feel a dull headache that either increases during foreplay or orgasm due intense physical activity. This type of headache is common in men and is mostly harmless.
4. Cheese and wine
Aged cheese including varieties such as cheddar, Swiss, parmesan or blue cheese contains a substance called tyramine. This substance is a headache trigger for many people. The more aged the cheese, the higher the chances of getting a headache after eating it.
The same holds true for red wine. Tyramine, flavonoids and other substances that are present in red wine (and other alcoholic drinks) may contribute to your headaches. While the relation between the two is not very clear, the changes in the levels of serotonin (which is a chemical in the brain responsible for maintaining mood balance) may give rise to headaches after alcohol consumption.
5. Your daily cuppa coffee
Caffeine in moderation can actually cure your headaches, and is a part of several headache medications. But too much of caffeine can be the reason behind that painful headache. This happens when the medicinal effect of caffeine wears off, triggering a worse headache than before.
Apart from that caffeine withdrawal too can cause headaches. Since caffeine is responsible for narrowing the blood vessels, which surround your brain, when you stop consuming caffeine these blood vessels expand again, which causes pain.
6. Your hair band
How you style your hair can cause a headache. Tying your hair too tightly can strain the tissue in your scalp, which causes you to experience frequent headaches. Whether you braid your hair, make a ponytail, or wear a tight hat, all of them can trigger a headache. Usually, letting your hair down can sort out this problem.
7. Powerful aroma
A powerful smell, even if it’s pleasing, can be the reason behind headaches in many people. Though why this happens is not very clear yet, the reason may be that strong smells can cause disturbances in your nervous system, which as a result can lead to a headache. Smell of perfumes, paints and certain types of flowers are the most common headache triggers in this category.
8. The weather
Weather changes, like a heat wave or a cold snap for example, can increase the chances of headache in some people. Very sunny, hot days with high levels of humidity, rain, strong winds, and changes in the barometric pressure levels are other common causes of headaches. Such weather changes trigger electrical and chemical changes in the brain, which irritate the nerves and result in a headache.
9. Unhealthy posture
A poor posture can put unnecessary pressure on your head and neck muscles, which, as a consequence, can cause headaches. Usually, this kind of headache originates in the base of the skull, and its effect can be felt on the face, especially in the forehead area. Hunching your shoulders and cradling the phone between your ear and shoulders are some of the examples of poor posture that can lead to headaches.
Stay away from these things for a headache-free life.
I am female 23 year old, I had sex without precautions after 2 days of my periods, I took I pill after 4 hours and one after 24 hours and yesterday again my periods came. So please tell me is any chance of pregnancy.
I have been prescribed xenical 120 mg by my endocrinologist but my period is irregular from last month. Is there a relation between xenical and irregular period. I have also been diagnosed with pcod. Kindly help.
My 9 th month pregnancy is going on. I am facing pain under right breast. I did abdomen ultrasound. Dr. said I have hydronephrosis in right kidney and kidney size is 64 128 mm. Please give me suggestion? I need any medicine or not. And other important suggestions.
This is my first month of pregnancy. I feel very tired and weak and sleepy all the times. I am working and now a days I feel very sleepy in office. What to do? I am facing indigestion, gastric problems. Please help,
Osteoporosis is a disease that affects the bones of its sufferers. This is most commonly found in women, especially in those who are close to, or going through, menopause. Hormonal changes around this period in a woman's life usually lead to various changes in her body. One of these changes includes loss of bone tissue which can leave the patient with brittle and weak bones, a condition that is also known as osteoporosis. This condition literally imbibes the word porous, meaning hollow bones. It is born from an acute deficiency of calcium and Vitamin D. The DEXA Scan or bone density test, also known as the Dual Energy X Ray Absorptiometry Scan, is one of the most effective tests that can help you in detecting this kind of damage or thinning bones. Here's why.
- Fractures: The DEXA Scan is an important one because it sends low energy beams to areas like your joints and tissues to show how susceptible you are to fractures. It does so by measuring the strength of the tissues as well as the bones to see how brittle they may be.
- Other Ailments: Measuring the thinning of your bones can also point to the presence of other ailments that may have gone unnoticed or undetected, earlier. These can include kidney disease, hyperparathyroidism which happens due to overactive secretions of the said gland, as well as liver disease due a malfunctioning liver, intestinal disease and various disorders in the intestinal tract, and a serious Vitamin D deficiency. With this scan, you can get an insight into the other parts of the body affected by the bone density, and whether or not they are functioning properly.
- Estrogen: Simply checking the estrogen levels cannot ascertain whether or not you have osteoporosis, as a high estrogen level can be credited to a particularly heavy period cycle. It does not show the bone health the way a DEXA Scan does.
- Easy and Standardised: This method of scanning usually happens with the help of a mounted X ray machine type, hand held gadget which can be extended to conduct the scan. This is an easy and standardised method that releases low levels of radiation which also makes it a healthier option.
- Bone Density Scores: The T Scores and Z scores point towards the bone density and help in diagnosing the condition efficiently. With a systematic scoring system, it is a sure shot test for osteoporosis.
Osteoporosis is a serious condition. The first step in treating the same is to get a detailed scan like the DEXA scan done, so as to test the extent of the bone thinning to ensure that proper and timely treatment takes place.