Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. SunithaYour feedback matters!
I am 29 years old. Am suffering from adinomyosis. What to do? is it safe undergoing histactamy at this age?
I am 37 year old woman I have 2 year old boy. We are planning for second child, please advise me it is good for me as my age is 37. We are trying from last 6 months. Please advise me. My last period date was 30 jan. Before that last date was 26 dec.
A cut on your skin can be seen by the naked eye, but injuries and infections to internal organs are not so easily visible to the eye. The procedure to view and operate on the body’s internal organs is known as an endoscopy. An endoscopy is performed using a flexible tube with a camera attached at one end known as an endoscope. This is inserted into the body though a natural opening in the body such as the mouth or through a small incision on the body.
While the camera gives the doctor a view of the internal organs, forceps or a pair of scissors can be used to operate or remove tissue that needs to be biopsied. Since an endoscopy is performed without making large incisions, it negates the development of scarring.
Types of Endoscopies
Endoscopies can be used for both diagnostic and therapeutic purposes. It is also one of the means for early detection of cancer. There are 11 main types of endoscopies which include:
1. Arthroscopy: This is used to get a closer look at joints. In such cases, the endoscope is inserted into a small incision near the joint being examined.
2. Bronchoscopy: This procedure is used to examine a patient’s lungs. It involves the insertion of a scope into the nose or mouth to give a view of the lungs.
3. Colonoscopy: In this procedure, a scope is inserted through the anus to get a view of the colon.
4. Cystoscopy: When the bladder needs to be examined closely, an endoscope is inserted through the urethra. This is known as a cystoscopy.
5. Enteroscopy: This is a procedure where the scope is inserted through the mouth or anus to get a look at the small intestines.
6. Hysteroscopy: Here a scope is inserted through the vagina to get a look at the inside of the uterus.
7. Laparoscopy: It is an endoscopy to examine the abdominal area is known as a laparoscopy. This scope is inserted through an incision in the abdomen.
8. Laryngoscopy: This type of endoscopy involves inserting a scope through the mouth or nose to examine the voice box.
9. Mediastinoscopy: By inserting a scope into an incision above the breastbone, doctors can get a look at the area between the lungs. This is known as a mediastinoscopy.
10. Upper gastrointestinal endoscopy: Examining the esophagus and upper intestinal tract by inserting a scope through the mouth is known as an upper gastrointestinal endoscopy.
11. Ureteroscopy: This procedure is used to examine the patient’s ureter by inserting a scope through the urethra.
Hi. I am shweta aged 28 years , married and suffering from PCOD since last 10 years. Kindly suggest me surgiu treatment for same?
I had pcod. Took icp for 4 months then acne flared up even more than before. Cycles are normal but hair growth on chin and acne are troublesome. Please help.
What are the symptoms of not eating at the right time? Plsss list it. I'm very worried now. And also does not eating at the right time causes nipples to sore and itch a little? Pls I badly need help.
In my wife's overeas. Small systs. We ultrasound for many times. Some doctors can say for operation. N. Syst will cut out n ptegnency will be come. Please help. Doc. Operation is the last way. Or. Not these systs sollutions with medicines or not.
Dear doctor: My wife is 16 weeks pregnant. Yesterday night, she was having a sudden sharp pain in her right breast that was moving down with difficulty breathing. She was having that with inhalation and had some relief with exhalation. She was having some left upper arm pain also. A few minutes later, it resolved. Is this serious? Will affect her or baby?
Hello mam, I am jyoti from delhi. I had some problem with my mensuration period. I am married. My last date eas coming on 1 august. Too long time I didn't get my date. I also checked for pregnancy bt its negative. So please consult me medicine for getting date.
I got marriage at the age of 22 and that time my wife was 20. As a newly married couple we lead to a pleasant sex life. After a year she conceived and fell from staircase and miscrage 12 weeks baby & after that unable to conceive. Please advice.
Aisa kehte he ki. Papaya. Kharbuj nai khana chaiye pregnancy me. Even mango bhi. It generates heat in body. Is it true. Nd if nt. please suggest me fruits tat should be on ma diet. Its my trimester.
I'm have pcos from my 18. But my periods r really fine. Since my marriage last year my periods made a huge change and it's stopped for every 2 months. Then my gynaec gave me Chastaberry tablets. Now I'm getting it every one month gap. But what is d sudden change occurred and how can I regulate this without taking hormonal tablets. And one more ques is that true women with pcos never get pregnant.?
Hi. I am female of 30 years. I get urine infection very frequently. My doctor ask me to take i-tyza for 7days. I have also get pimple around the vaginal area. please suggest.
I am getting water in my ankle part of my both legs. When I press with my finger at my ankle a hole like thing is happening there. I am not having diseases like sugar, B. P, thyroid. Please come up with an permanent solution for this. Thanks in advance.
I had sex with my gf yesterday without any precaution and she don't want to take any pill what should we do?
Syphilis is one of the most common STD and can affect both men and women. This bacterial infection can be easily treated, but if left unattended it can cause serious problems. Syphilis can be caught by mere skin to skin contact with an infected person’s genitals or mouth. Hence even if you do not have intercourse with an infected person, you can still get infected from them. If a woman who is pregnant gets infected with this disease, she could pass it on to her unborn child as well.
A person suffering from syphilis may not always exhibit symptoms of the disease. This disease goes through active as well as dormant phases with symptoms being present only in the former. Even its dormant phase, this disease can be transmitted from one person to another.
There are four stages of syphilis and each of them have their own symptoms.
- Primary stage: In its first stage, syphilis is marked by the presence of open sores called chancres. This can occur in the mouth, genitals are or around the anus. It can also be seen in other parts of the body where bacteria may have entered the body. These chancres are painless and may be accompanied by a swelling of the lymph nodes around it. This is the most contagious stage of the disease. Without treatment, these sores will resolve themselves in 3-6 weeks but the syphilis bacteria itself will remain in the body.
- Secondary stage: Anywhere between 2 weeks to 12 weeks after coming in contact with the bacteria, this infection may move into its second phase or secondary stage. At this point, you will notice a rash on your skin. This rash can be seen as a collection of small, flat or raised skin sores along with small, open sores on mucous membranes. These sores may contain pus. Dark-skinned people may notice that these sores are lighter than the surrounding skin. Along with this, the patient may also have fever, a sore throat, headaches, weakness, irritability and suffer from weight loss.
- Latent stage: Once the rash clears, this disease moves into its dormant or latent phase. This is also known as the hidden stage and can last anywhere from 1 to 20 years. It is very difficult to diagnose syphilis in this stage as there are no visible symptoms.
- Late (tertiary) stage: If the disease is not diagnosed and treated by the time it reaches this stage, it can cause a number of serious health problems. This includes blindness, cardiovascular problems, mental disorders and even death. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.