Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SunithaYour feedback matters!
Plz tell me when I am more fertile my periods was on 3 may. Mjh yeh smjh nhi aata hai ki ovulation time kaise pata chalega yeh kb mein zyada fertile hu please tell me.
My wife is 3 months pregnant. Her diet is normal. During morning time she feels energetic but after rest in afternoon too she feels fatigued in evening. What can be the reason and what can be done to avoid the same?
I am 24 years old. I am 8th month pregnant. I have no problem. But I want to know how is it possible the delivery is normal. My delivery date is 17 october.
We are not sure but she facing some problem as she get pregnant. How can we get sure. Symptoms: Vomit jaisa feel Body pr red marks 8-10 date me hona tha but Delay in period.
Well! We have heard so many good things about milk in commercials. Have we ever sat and thought through the real benefits of milk? Apart from being a healthy drink and the backbone of the dairy industry, this calcium-rich drink has innumerable benefits. In this article, we will discuss some not so known pros of milk:
- Complexion: If you want your complexion to lighten, instead of buying cosmetics, drinking 2 glasses of milk will fetch more benefits. Milk helps the skin to supple, glow and soft. Owing to its countless nutrients and vitamin contents, milk can be your best friend, if you are seeking a fair complexion.
- Strong Teeth: Being a tremendous source of Calcium, consumption of milk ensures strong teeth and help a person refrain from the decay of tooth and cavities. Care should be taken that Vitamin D is also consumed along with milk. The former helps the body to absorb calcium.
- Healthy Bones: Bone health and milk has a direct co-relation. It is, therefore, advised that kids consume milk to ensure proper growth. In the case of an adult, milk makes the bone strong and mitigate the risk of osteoporosis. A daily serving of one glass should do the trick for any individual.
- Weight Loss: Studies in the past have shown that women who consume milk daily can shed weight quicker compared to those who do not drink milk. A glass of milk can be drunk as a fulfilling appetizer, evening snack etc. It makes sense that milk is drunk during the night just before sleep.
- Stress Reduction: A study conducted by the Stamford Medical School in the year 2002 revealed that a warm glass of milk can go a long way in relieving stress. Daily consumption of milk after a hard day’s work can not only relax the nerves but calms the mind as well.
- Energy Buster: While milk is a great health drink, one can always turn to it when the body needs an energy boost. Milk can instantly revitalize the body. It is advisable that an ice-cold glass of milk should be consumed when there is a need for instant body revitalization.
- Eliminator of Diseases: There have been countless studies performed over the last few decades about the health benefits of milk and its capability to fight critical diseases. For instance, milk can mitigate the risk of strokes, keep blood pressure down, reduce cholesterol production of the liver, improve the eyesight, negates the chances of many types of cancer etc.
To ensure that the general health of the body is maintained, consumption of a tall glass of milk is necessary. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
I had abortion last 3 months ago of 7 weeks pregnancy.in torch test I had cmv igg 1.87&rubella igg is 2.30.cmv igm &rubella igm is negative. But my doctor consult me to take injection for rubella. Is it right.
I have pcos prblm and I m taking homeopathy medicine sepia since last 4 month. I have lots of acne scars and small pores on my entire cheeks. I use lacto calamine lotion and coconut oil to clear my skin. So please suggest me what should I do to clear my face. Which treatment suitable for me and which cream?
My wife's pregnancy urine test is positive and she was feeling stomach pain and vomiting and tired she has any problem.
The body has various chemicals called hormones which play a significant role in controlling various functions. Produced by organs that weigh as less as 0.5 g, these hormones control height to weight to reproduction to metabolism. It is not surprising that even little amount of variation in these hormones have a noticeable effect on the body’s functioning.
It is well acknowledged that pregnancy is a highly crucial, complicated, and anxious period of a woman’s life. The mother-to-be has the dual responsibility of taking care of her health in addition to ensuring the child within is protected and nurtured well to develop into a full-term baby. Pregnancy is controlled my many hormones and the thyroid also plays a significant role during this time. The connection between pregnancy and thyroid hormone is quite strong.
Women are more prone to develop hypothyroidism, and if diagnosed during pregnancy, extra care must be taken to ensure thyroid levels are maintained in the optimal range. Women with hypothyroidism who get pregnant can have multiple effects including the following
- Higher incidence of miscarriages: When a woman has multiple miscarriages in the first trimester, one of the reasons to rule out would be hypothyroidism. The incidence of second trimester miscarriage is also quite high in women with hypothyroidism. It is believed that thyroid controls the other female hormone levels and therefore optimal levels of T4 are essential for maintenance of pregnancy.
- Developmental defects and delays: The developing child requires its supply of hormones from the mother until it can start producing them on its own. This would take time and unless the mother is producing optimal amounts for herself, the child would not be receiving the required amounts of hormones. This means the child’s growth and development controlled by the hormones would be affected. Even after birth, there could be delays in terms of developmental milestones.
- Low birth weight: Underdevelopment of the child leads to low birth weight.
- Stillbirth: Women with hypothyroidism can also have a higher incidence of stillbirth.
- Hypertension and preeclampsia: The blood pressure could be significantly elevated and lead to complications in the later trimesters.
- Maternal emotional health: Lower levels of thyroid bring about fatigue, depression and mood swings in all women. Given the added state of pregnancy, it is not surprising there would be greater mood swings and bouts of depression and low self-esteem.
With prenatal care improving, comprehensive thyroid screening, especially in people with family history of thyroid problems, is being made mandatory. Talk to your doctor to ensure your thyroid functions are normal. This ensures thyroid levels are maintained for optimal growth of the newborn and the health of the mother is not jeopardised. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
Menstruation starts on 31st march 2017 and she had unprotected sex using coitus interruptus method on 8th april 2017 but after that wiped the vagina with that handkerchief on which he ejaculates. Is there any chance of pregnancy? Her cycle is regular of 30 days.
I am 27 yrs old and 13 weeks + 5 days pregnant. Ultrasound can says that the placenta is low. What are the implications?what are the precautions to be taken? am I supposed to be on complete rest or can I attend office (distance 10km)?
Agar period regular Na ho toh pregnant hone ka chances kam hota h kya? I mean to ask that can I be pregnant if I missed my period for 3 months.
I am a divorcee and after my divorce I am suffering from irregular periods and my age is 32 years. With this I am gaining weight in a very fast manners.
Respected doctor, I am obese, and 22 year old female, I had my last menstrual period from 11 march-14 march. Since then. I missed my period, on 10 today doc prescribed me to a medicine which reduce stress, but I can't follow it. On 29 April I go to another hospital and they prescribed me methridoxyprogestrone acetate and my upt is negative .it take the medicine for 4-5 days. On 10 may I got my period up to 5 days. I can't go for blood test and ultrasound due to my busy schedule. I seen hair growth too on my face. Now, 13 June and I didn't get my period. I adopt healthy lifestyle, I reduced 2 kg of weight, I drink double tanned milk once morning and then in night. Today I go to same doctor who prescribe me with stress reduction medicine, she prescribed me with primolut n.and not advising for blood test and ultrasound now. Please help doc. What can I do?
We are meeting after a long time and we want to have unprotected sex. What measures we should take to avoid pregnancy?
My partner is interested in having anal sex. But I am confused whether to have it, how to have it, type of lube I should use nd should I use any desensitized to reduce my pain? What are its side effects? Any Medicine to have in this regard that smoothes the anal sex. He forces me every time we make love to go from behind the back. Please help.
One drop of semen is equal to about 40 drops of blood,
Masturbation is like taking a razor and slashing the wrist,
One should avoid masturbation or any illicit sex activity. Imagine how much weakness and reduction of work efficiency can masturbation cause! Sex other than for procreation and within marriage is illicit sex activity, so masturbation comes under illicit sex.
To avoid illicit sex and the nasty habit of masturbation :
1) Eating less in night,
2) Avoid non-vegetarian foods
3) Avoid intoxicants like tobacco,alcohol
4) Avoid onions and garlic which are aphrodisiacs and bind to lust and masturbation.
5) Take fruits, vegetables and drink hot cup of cow's milk every night
6) Avoid foods which are too pungent, spicy, oily, bitter because such foods cause misery and disease
7) Read nice books based on simple living high thinking and make your life successful
You should be very careful and determined to stop this nasty habit as soon as possible as it can cause many problems physically, mentally, socially etc
The truth is sometimes harsh but if taken positively, it can ultimately lead to happiness and success. The truth is in the oldest and fully dependable Vedic texts, that by illicit sex activity, one takes the risk of becoming an animal in next life.
Hope this helps to win over the nasty habit of illicit sex and masturbation.