Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. SunitaYour feedback matters!
I am 35f, not married, from last 3 months I get my periods normally but there is hardly any bleeding. Its so less that don't have to use sanitary pads. Please suggest.
I'm scared of making any physical relations with any girl. Because I'm scared of losing my virginity. My friends told me that it hurts a lot.
Pregnancy is one of the most exciting and anxious phase in a woman’s life. There is definitely an information overload from all sources i.e. family, friends, medical team, books, Internet, etc., that is dumped on the mother-to-be. The idea is to prepare her for the delivery. What needs to be borne in mind though is that each delivery is unique and there are no two women who have had the exact same experience.
However, it is good for the mother to know what to expect so that she is mentally prepared and not totally caught unawares when the actual scenes unfold. The following are the sequence of events that she should be aware of and watch out for:
- With the due date nearing, she should keep a watch for the water breaking. This is passing of fluid surrounding the baby and is usually colorless and odorless. However, if it is green or brown, it is an indication that something might be wrong. Immediate medical help should be sought in that case.
- Along with water breaking, contractions is the next thing to watch out for. This is due to the tightening and releasing of the uterus, indicating that the baby has begun to descend down towards the cervix. If these last for up to a minute, occur every five minutes, and persist for up to an hour, it is a clear indication that it is delivery time and you must head to the hospital.
- Two sensations very prominent during delivery are pain and pressure. The pressure is from the baby passing down the birth canal. As the cervix and the vaginal canal expand to allow passage of the baby, there would be a great deal of pain and pressure. It is not just the mother, even the baby exerts significant pressure to come out of the womb during labor.
- The process of the baby getting out of the womb is what is medically termed as labor and has three distinct stages to it:
- The first stage has two parts to it i.e. an initial, gradual phase that may last for a few hours and a later, quicker phase. The rate of progress of delivery is steady.
- The second stage usually lasts for about two hours, during which the cervix is minimally dilated and pushing begins. This stage lasts until the baby is out of the womb.
- The third and the last stage is where the placenta is extracted and the umbilical cord is cut.
Some common problems you may expect include injury or tearing of the vagina or cervix, need for episiotomy, vomiting, passing of motion, anesthetic complications, etc. However, what would remain etched in the mother’s memory would be the first sight of the baby. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I dint get proper answer I hav pcod n suffering from weight gain also I tried many things bt m nt losing weight n size of pcos is also increasing as it will create problem in pregnancy.
I am married 25 years my marriage on 5/5/2011 due to my study I stay in hostel and come to only holiday every saturday bt didn't want baby my study was 4 yrs in holiday tm by mistake I conceived three tm every year and took medicine unwanted pill now I still stay at home and try to conceive but no effect and have regular sex one tm nd some time two tm bt first april is my lmp but no result I m worried please help.
I had unprotected sex on 16 took pil, pil on 17 no sex, on 18 hd sex bt didn't take pill. Aftr 7 days of taking pil bleeding lightly, during 7 days I hd 3 glass of cinnamon water and half packet of dates to increase body heat. During sex ejaculation didn't take place inside vagina or near vagina, does all this mean I am not pregnant and pills worked? I am having mood swings. Inter menstrual bleeding nausea sometimes. What should I do? Do I need to worry? Is pregnancy possible?
Useful Tips to Keep Young Athletes Injury Free
- Be in proper physical condition to play a sport (a pre-participation sports physical examinations can be very useful in screening for potential problems)
- Know and abide by the rules of a sport
- Wear appropriate protective gear (for example, shin guards for soccer, a hard-shell helmet when facing a baseball pitcher, a helmet and body padding for ice hockey)
- Know how to correctly use athletic equipment (for example, correctly adjusting the bindings on snow skis)
- Always warm up before playing
- Stay hydrated
- Avoid playing when very tired or in pain
Ayurveda has remedies that can help you control cholesterol and improve heart health.
Cholesterol is something that the body needs to build and maintain cellular health. Technically it is known as a lipid and is a fatty or wax-like material that circulates in the bloodstream.
There are two kinds of cholesterol, and you have probably already heard about them, but they are:
LDL - this is the "bad" cholesterol that can cling to arterial walls and create blockages that result in strokes and heart attacks.
HDL - this is the good type that is going to actually protect you from heart disease.
We get cholesterol from our foods, but our bodies can also make it too. Hence this leads to high levels of cholesterol in the arteries.
In ayurveda- certain herbs, ayurvedic treatments and remedies can lower high cholesterol. These are:
- Garlic: Garlic is the most common herb that is used in Indian cooking and no dish tastes the same without it. Having two to three garlic cloves a day can break down bad cholesterol and free it from the arterial walls.
- Coriander: This green herb adds freshness, flavour and colour to any meal. Coriander is a diuretic that will flush out waste and even excess cholesterol.
- Tulsi: Tulsi disintegrates cholesterol from the arteries and washes it from the body.
- Guggul : Guggul is a sap from the Mukul myrrh tree. There are several products made from Guggul that helps to reduce high cholesterol.
- Arjuna or Terminalia Arjuna: Arjuna’s white bark has medicinal properties that dissolve cholesterol from the arteries.
My wife is experiencing some water thing in her reproductive organ in this last day of her menstrual month. Is it a good sign or not. Is there chances of getting pregnant.
Hii. I am 29 year women. From last month I saw some symptoms of pregnancy in myself but my period not missed. So I think is everything is o. K. But nowadays I feel faitgueness AND feeling of vomiting, not vomiting. And my abdomen is became fatty. Give me right suggestion to what I do. Please.
Hello sir/mam! I am 23 yr, 1 years back in october 2015 I had taken periods delaying tablet uske bd periods thoda upar niche ho rhe the. Uske bd I had taken ocp 72 hr in January. Uske kuch din bad se mere periods delay ho rhe the 15-20 days weight gain b ho rha h. 15 days z the maximum days jb delay hote h.abhi kuch din pehle hi itna delay hue. Den bleeding bhi jyda nhi hui but blood was in darkest red or brown in colour. 2 din bleeding rahi uske kuch din bd spotting dikh rhi thi. Or aj thoda bleeding hui. I do not understand muje kya ho rha. Is there any serious problem? Please help!
Hi I am 24 years old. When I was 16 I had heavy bleeding and I went to a doctor n she prescribed me with nevolen for 6 months. I was cured with heavy bleeding then after. I got my periods for one n half day. But now since 1 year I get brown stains for 2 days n from 3rd day you get very less bleeding. I jus wanted to know if this is normal. O do I need to consult a gynaecologist. O is it because of nevolen I took 10 years back m having this problem. Can you please help me with this. Will I get any complications for my Pregnancy? Will I be able to conceive? I wanted to inform. I take formonide 100 for my wheezing during winters season.
Hello doc I'm planning for a baby and my intercourse day is 1 to 10 so v had on 1,2 and 3 it has not done, so will be any chances of getting pregnant. In my last message I written that I checked ovulation kit on Saturday I checked c line and t line is dark but again I checked on Sunday it show that c line is dark and t line is light. So what will be the symptoms. Help me out thank you.
My nani is suffering from breast cancer her blood is flowing from last five days she is taking homeopathic treatment. Could pls tell me any medicine ?
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!