Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. SunitaYour feedback matters!
We all love to eat out. Good food and good company, these are incomparable joys of life. But what about healthy eating? are you supposed to forget all about it, when you're dining out? absolutely not. We tell you how you can eat healthy when eating out. Use these tips to make smart choices, and you can enjoy the occasional splurge, without worrying about the calories.
1. Do not go out on an empty stomach
Have a light, but filling snack before you head out for dinner. An empty stomach may lead to over-eating or bad choices. Have a fruit, maybe an apple, or a low-calorie yoghurt, to keep the hunger pangs at bay.
2. Be informed
Check the menu of the restaurant beforehand. You'll be able to make healthier choices, and have a better idea of what you wish to eat.
Once there, do not hesitate to ask the server or the chef, about the nutritional information of the dish you want to order. Ask them about the method of cooking if you're unsure. Also, a lot of restaurants these days can customize dishes according to the customer's preference. For example, if your dish comes with a side of chips or fries, get it replaced with veggies.
3. Order right
For non-vegetarians, we recommend grilled or kebab meats. Always opt for lean meats. Tandoori items are your best bet, as they are relatively healthier, when compared to fried items or gravy based dishes. For vegetarians, grilled, baked and roasted dishes are recommended.
4. Go for an a la carte meal
Tempting as they might be, avoid buffets. Surveys have shown that buffets encourage over eating. That second or third helping of a dish may seem tempting, but it is never good for your waist line!
5. Drink lots of water
Drink water with your meal. It will keep you full, and is a much better alternative to sugar filled cold drinks. Also, water helps break down the food, so that your body can absorb the nutrients. But occasionally, we don't say no to a glass of wine, along with your meal.
6. Guilt free dessert
There's good news for all those who have a sweet tooth. You can eat the dessert! all you need to know is how to go about it. Dessert does have a lot of calories, but you can skip the main course and just opt for the dessert instead. That way, you will just be consuming the calories from the sweet treat, instead of the main course. So go ahead, have a slice of that delicious red velvet cake for dinner!
7.Diet friendly alcohol
For people who can't have social outings without alcohol, you should make intelligent choices when it comes to booze as these are sheer empty calories. While champagne is the best choice as it has the least no. Of calories, scotch has 105 kcal, vodka has 96 kcal and beer will definitely give you a beer belly. Red wine is good for the heart but has good 125 kcal per serving. Try diluting the drinks with more of sodas or water unlike juices or aerated drinks, as they further add on to the calories.
My friend have disease" polycystic ovarian syndrome" I want to know about this disease. And what are the symptoms of this disease? What problem may face from this disease? And is proper treatment is available to vanish this?
Living with a renal transplant constantly exposes you to the risk of organ rejection. Although it might sound scary, it usually happens because the medication needs to be tuned according to the requirements of your body. A change in medication usually solves the problem of a possible rejection, and a rejection becomes less likely if it doesn't happen within a year of the transplant. Some obvious signs of rejection are a pain on the region of transplant, fever, change in weight or low urine discharge.
The causes behind a renal rejection vary on the basis of the type of rejection that takes place. Here are three different types of renal rejection and their causes:
- Hyperacute Rejection - Hyperacute rejection occurs within 24 hours of the transplant. It can have an immediate effect and occurs as the existing antibodies act against the grafted material, causing irreversible destruction. The immune system may recognize it as a foreign body and destroy it. Hyperacute rejection is common for patients who have received multiple blood transfusions or have suffered from transplant rejection earlier. The tissue must be removed immediately before it becomes fatal for the recipient. This type of rejection can generally be avoided if the doctors type or match both the receiver and the organ donor. The organ is less likely to be rejected if there are similar antigens between donor and receiver.
- Acute Rejection - Acute rejection generally occurs after the first week of transplantation. Acute rejection is common in most recipients. Since a perfect match of antigens is rare to find, except in the case of identical twins, some amount acute rejection occurs in the case of all recipients. It can cause complications like bleeding and inflammation. The risk of acute rejection is highest in the first three months of the transplant.
- Chronic Rejection - Chronic rejection occurs months later after the transplantation. This happens over time when the immune system of the body reacts against the transplanted tissue and slowly damages the organ. In such a case, the kidneys can suffer from scarring or fibrosis and damaged blood vessels.