Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sunita
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SunitaYour feedback matters!
Hot packs are very effective as they dilate blood vessels and increase blood flow, delivering needed nutrients and oxygen to cells in the area being heated, aiding the removal of cell waste and promoting healing.
I m.25 years old unmarried female. I have severe vaginal itching with a little white discharge since last 6/7 days. Due to this I have pain and swelling. Please give me proper suggestion and treatment.
I am female 24 years old married. My last period was on Nov 28th. I found that I am pregnant using hpt on yesterday. So I will be 5 weeks 3 days pregnant. I consulted a gynecologist to confirm my pregnancy and she did beta hcg blood test and also transvaginal ultrasound. Blood test was positive with 660.2 miu/ml ugh, but ultrasound didn't show anything. Doctor said that it may be too early to see anything in u/s and ask me to come after two weeks. But I am very much worried. Is it too early to see anything? Then why did she done u/s knowing that it's too early? What I can expect at this time? I have no symptoms of pregnancy now.
Being a mom is a full-time job in itself and working mothers often feel stressful balancing the home and office. The key to balancing parenthood and professionalism lies in creating a plan, putting a support system in place and getting organized. Here are a few tips that could help you.
- Share the load: There’s only so much you can do yourself so get your partner to share duties and responsibilities with you. If you drop your kids to school, let him pick them up.
- Don’t carry work home and home to office: Avoid taking work calls and answering emails at home and when you’re in office, trust your caregiver to look after your child and don’t constantly call to check on them.
- Involve your children: Give your children duties of their own. This frees up your time and makes them feel independent. When cooking, give them small tasks like washing vegetables. This gives you quality time with your children.
- Schedule calls while traveling: Make the best use of time by prioritising and scheduling tasks. Phone calls and emails can easily be answered while commuting as long as you’re not driving. Sneak in errands on lunch breaks or when you drop or pick up your children.
- Outsource: Get someone else to do regular time taking tasks like deep cleaning your home, gardening or maintaining the pool. The key is to outsource tasks that do not require your attention and focus on those that do.
- Prep for the next day: Putting together your outfit at night for the next day can save you precious time in the morning especially when your little one is fussing about going to school. The weekend is a great time to put together the week's outfits for you and your children.
- Cook smart: Prepping is important in the kitchen as well. Freezer meals that can be cooked on the weekend are a great help to working mothers. Alternatively, cook meals that do not involve you standing in the kitchen for hours. Try out a few slow cooker meals or baked dishes during the week and save your specialities for the weekend and holidays.
- Schedule your vacation days strategically: Divide your vacation days by 12 so that you get a few extra days at home each month.
- Follow a consistent routine: Consistency is important for you and your child. This helps your child know what to expect and makes them less dependent on you.
- Turn off the TV: It is very tempting to make your child sit in front of the television while you go about getting other things done but this is not healthy and robs you of time to spend with them.
- Find Quality Daycare: Ask your network of friends and family for references to nannies, babysitters, and daycare centers. Create a list of criteria that are important and then schedule time to interview qualified childcare providers or to tour local daycares. Hiring nannies with a history of long-term commitments to families is always recommended. In case of nannies it is best to schedule play dates where you could easily evaluate how the nanny interacts in formal settings. If you choose a daycare facility, choose one that has employees with a good background, flexible hours, a low teacher-to-student ratio, outdoor space and up-to-date licenses.
Stop feeling guilty! that’s the rough take-home message – or perhaps more precisely, the message many working mothers will choose to take home. Well, rather than dwell on how you're not with your child, think about how your role in the company is benefitting the family. Perhaps you can afford certain classes or educational opportunities for your children or you're able to put away savings for college.
The solution: Your kids will turn out just fine. No matter how much you angst about missing baseball games, school plays and trips to the pumpkin patch, your children still love you more than you know. Working-moms guilt is inevitable at some time or other, but how you manage the guilt will determine if it smothers you or not.
I have done the sex with my bf. Nd presently I am very depressed because my dad want that I do the marriage with other person jise wo pasand krte hai or cast me ho so my future husband is very strict .i think that how can i bleed durning sex. Becoz mostly husbnds have no trust .
My wife is 6 month pregnant her legs and legs fingers are thick. What is reason ?and what can I do for it? Any problems?
Being flexible is not always about doing splits or doing some random bending. It is about achieving a level of mobility that will not hold you back from doing whatever you are able to do. Most people think that stretching or flexing your muscles and body as the first method to defend you from pain. But if stretching and flexing can be done correctly, it can lengthen one's muscles and give one relief from pains and aches. Stretching is also done to increase the functional range of one's joints and muscles. There are various ways by which one can stretch their muscles. However, the question which looms over here is which is the correct procedure and which is the wrong one.
The Wrong Vs the Right Way: Before discussing about the correct way, let us talk about the various wrong ways in which stretching can be done. The first rule is that if stretching is causing you pain or if it is hurting you, then you are probably taking it too far. A muscle needs to relax as much as possible, if it needs to stretch. If one is stretching so hard that he or she cannot relax then the muscle will not lengthen. Stretching should never be painful.
One should also avoid stretching for an insufficient length of time. Only a few seconds of stretching will not hold the therapeutic effects of stretching.
The following methods are few of the correct ways to stretch:
- Always start with the warm muscles. Warm your muscles by doing some aerobic movement or by applying heat with the help of a warm bath.
- After warming your muscles, monitor your level of discomfort. Let it go once you feel pain.
- Hold any stretch for at least 30 seconds.
Stretching the Correct Muscle: There are muscles, which need to be stretched and there are muscles, which should not be. So getting to know the correct muscles to be stretched is as important as knowing the correct procedure to stretch your muscles. Every muscle, which does not hurt should not be stretched. There are different types of muscles that cause pain like stiff, tight, short muscles and long muscles. Muscles that are tight should only be subjected to stretching. Stretching muscles that are too long is not a good idea.
Using Physiotherapists: Most people who cannot determine which muscle should be stretched and which should not be should consult a physiotherapist. Physiotherapists can quickly and easily diagnose muscular issues. They will also show ways to stretch which are most effective for particular needs.
Stretching should be made a part of one's life. It is a way by which one can become their healthiest self and avoid muscular imbalances.
Hello doctor I want to ask I'm feeling burning sensation in my stomach and I feel like something is moving and stomach heaviness after eating little and I'm not pregnant.
I am 30 years old .me and my wife had sex during her period of 5th day. Without using safety and I should not on her vagina outside the vagina is there any chance to get pregnancy.
I am not getting my periods. It has been 40 days since the last cycle. I had pineapple juice for 3 days still did not work. Is there any other home remedy that you can suggest? I was in a physical relationship 5 days after my last cycle.
For past few months I am facing problem in my left breast, it pains specially in night. And also there is kind of knot in my breast. Help me.
Me and my wife tried to have a baby after her periods. And we did it for one to eighth day, but she couldn't be pregnant. The same previous month. Should we go for test?
What are the incubation periods for infections? How do I take someone's temperature? How long is someone infectious after a viral infection? Is pneumonia contagious?
6 pregnancy complications you need to know about
The biggest wish of a to be mother's mind is a smooth and safe pregnancy. One of the ways you can deliver your baby safely is by being aware of the complications that may arise during this period and taking precautionary measures to reduce your chances of developing them.
Here are the 6 pregnancy complications that you need to know about?
Preeclampsia is a condition that normally occurs after the 20th week and is characterized by high blood pressure, kidney abnormalities and the presence of protein in your urine. Most of the time, symptoms are mild, which can be easily resolved with proper care. But the condition can progress quickly, causing several of your organs to not function properly and even proving to be life-threatening.
2. Gestational diabetes
Gestational diabetes happens when hormonal changes during this period hamper your body's use of insulin. As a consequence, the insulin hormone is unable to normalize blood sugar levels, leading to abnormally high blood sugar levels. While the condition is not usually a cause of concern for the mother, it can pose several health problems for the baby, more specifically, the occurrence of macrosomia (a condition wherein the baby has an abnormal body weight).
3. Premature labor
You're said to suffer from premature labor or preterm labor if you experience regular contractions that lead to your cervix dilating and effacing before the 37th week. Preterm birth can prove dangerous for the baby, not to mention make it prone to several health problems. In order for it stay alive and be healthy, you child needs to reach its full maturity before birth.
4. Ectopic pregnancy
When the fetus develops outside the womb, more specifically in the fallopian tube, a condition known as ectopic pregnancy is said to occur. It is highly important to put a stop to this pregnancy complication as it the developing embryo might bring about the rupturing of the fallopian tube, and may result in internal bleeding.
5. Placenta previa
The condition of placenta previa sees your placenta occupying a very low position in the uterus, most commonly, adjacent to or over your cervix. If the placenta continues to be at this position during the whole course of the pregnancy, it can lead to bleeding as well as other complications.
6. Low amniotic fluid
It is the fluid-filled amniotic sac that supports and protects your baby in the womb. It is said that about 4% of pregnant women worldwide experience low amniotic fluid levels during their pregnancy. This condition is also known as oligohydramnios. When this happens, labor is usually induced as you come close to the end of your pregnancy.
I am 28 years, I am planning for baby, every month I thought to get pregnant but every month I get my periods. No physical problems right now. What should I do to get pregnant fast?
My period is not regular. I have done pcod n thyroid check. It came alright. What is the reason of not coming period. What should I do for this?
My wife is 46 years old female. She is complaining about the right side of her chest becoming heavy at times. Some time later the chest becomes normal. She is physically fit and has normal blood pressure & blood sugar. What is the cause of the chest becoming heavy at times? What should she do? What medicines should she take?
मंजिष्ठा का वैज्ञानिक नाम रुबिया कार्डीफोलिया है. मंजिष्ठा के फायदे रक्त शोधक के रूप में ज्यादा देखे जाते हैं. बेल के रूप में उगने वाली मंजिष्ठा भारत के पहाड़ी इलाकों में पाई जाती है. औषधीय इस्तेमाल के लिए इसकी जड़ों का प्रयोग किया जाता है. बेल के रूप में उगने वाली मंजिष्ठा, विभिन्न त्वचा रोगों और जोड़ों के विकारों के लिए जिम्मेदार रक्त में मौजूद विषाक्त पदार्थों को दूर करता है. कसैले, थर्मोजेनिक और कायाकल्प जैसे गुणों वाले मंजिष्ठा में असंतुलित पित्त को संतुलित करने की भी क्षमता होती है. इसके अन्य फायदे भी हैं.
1. त्वचा की देखभाल में
त्वचा की देखभाल करने में भी इसकी स्पष्ट भूमिका है. इसकी इसमें ख़ास बात ये है कि इसके आंतरिक और बाह्य दोनों रूप में इस्तेमाल कर सकते हैं. त्वचा को कई तरह से फायदा पहुंचाता है जैसे कि ये मुंहासे, मलिनिकरण, उज्जवल चमक, झाइयाँ, एक्जीमा, खुजली, त्वचा एलर्जी आदि. इसके लिए मंजिष्ठा पाउडर में थोड़ा शहद मिलाकर चहरे पर लगाएं. इसके आलावा 100 ग्राम संतरे के छिलके का पाउडर और 50 ग्राम चन्दन पाउडर, 50-50 ग्राम हल्दी और मंजिष्ठा के पाउडर को मिलाकर एक अच्छा फेसपैक तैयार किया जा सकता है.
2. गठिया में मंजिष्ठा के लाभ
मंजिष्ठा के फायदे हमें जोड़ों के दर्द में भी पता चल जाते हैं. कभी-कभी गठिया में सुजन भी हो जाता है. इस सूजन को दूर करने में इसकी भूमिका होती है. इसके अलावा यह भूख में सुधार रक्तस्त्राव, अपच, पेचिश, अल्सर, दस्त, परजीवी कीड़े जैसी बिमारियों में भी इसका फायदा नजर आता है.
3. बालों की देखभाल में मंजिष्ठा का उपयोग
बालों के लिए तो मंजिष्ठा एक रामबाण औषधि है. दरअसल ये बालों को प्राकृतिक रंग देने का काम करती है. यही नहीं ये सफ़ेद बालों की समस्या को प्रभावी ढंग से ठीक कर सकती है. ये बालों में गहराई से प्रवेश करके उन्हें पोषण देकर उन्हें टूटने से बचाती है. इससे आपके बाल लम्बे भी होते हैं.
4. प्रतिरोधक क्षमता सुधारने में
मंजिष्ठा के तमाम लाभों और गुणों में एक ये भी है कि इससे आपके शरीर की प्रतिरोधक क्षमता भी ठीक होती है. ये आपके शरीर को प्रभावित करने वाले तमाम संक्रमणों से लड़कर आपको स्वस्थ रखती है. मंजिष्ठा आपको इस तरह से अपने गुणों के कारण तमाम रोगों से बचा सकती है.
5. लसिका तंत्र सिस्टम्स के लिए
लसिका तंत्र को दुरुस्त करने का काम भी मंजिष्ठा बखुब करती है. दरअसल ये कोशिकाओं के पोषण में मदद और शरीर से तमाम अपशिष्टों को बाहर निकालने में मददगार साबित होती है. इसका प्रयोग पुराने घावों को ठीक करने में भी किया जाता है. इसके लिए आपको घावों को काढ़े से धोना चाहिए और इसके बाद इसके अर्क से पट्टी करनी चाहिए. ऐसा करने से आपके पुराने घाव जल्दी ही ठीक होने लगते हैं.
6. पीरियड्स में
इसका काढ़ा महिलाओं के लिए पीरियड्स के दौरान बहुत उपयोगी साबित होता है. दरसल मंजिष्ठा का काढ़ा आपके पीरियड्स मिस होने जैसी समस्याओं से आपको राहत दिलाता है. यही नहीं ये स्तनपान कराने वाली माताओं के स्तन के दूध को भी शुद्ध करता है.
7. बुखार में
बुखार एक आम बीमारी है. ये अक्सर किसी न किसी को होती ही रहती है. इसके होने के अलग-अलग कारण हैं. लेकिन मंजिष्ठा आपको इससे बचाता है. इसके अलावा ये आपको आँतों के अल्सर और पेशाब के रास्ते के संक्रमण से भी बचाता है.
मंजिष्ठा के नुकसान
मंजिष्ठा का कोई ख़ास दुष्प्रभाव तो नहीं देखा गया है लेकिन गर्भवती महिलाओं और स्तनपान कराने वाली माताओं को इसके इस्तेमाल में सावधानी बरतने की जरुरत है. जहाँ तक संभव हो अपने चिकित्सक के निर्देशानुसार ही इसका इस्तेमाल करें. छोटे बच्चों को इसकी कम से कम मात्रा दें वरना नुकसान पहुंचा सकता है.