Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SunitaYour feedback matters!
Me and my boyfriend had sex for the first time last night. I don't know if I broke my hymen is because I did not bleed. We had intercourse in the missionary position and he ejaculated inside me once. The next morning I was leaking and I had an ipill the same day. My period due date is on 20th and today is the 13th. Are there chances of me getting pregnant? When can I take the pregnancy test? If I am pregnant are there any ways I can avoid it?
I am 21 year old. I have my period once in a 2 to 3 months. It's never been regular. I had my first period at the age of 13. I have not taken any medication. My period remain for 4 to 5 days. What should I do?
All of us have our 'good and bad hours' each day. While there are the night owls, who are more productive and ideating in the late night hours, there are others who like to be the early bird that literally catches the worm. For both these categories, there are again hours where the energy wanes. Did you know there are some simple techniques that can help to maintain consistent levels of energy throughout the day?
As much as possible, try and maintain a regular routine in terms of waking up, eating at the same hours as closely as possible, and retiring for the day. The biological clock or circadian rhythm needs to be maintained as much as possible if high productivity is desired.
Here are some things that can be completely and easily controlled to keep your energy levels steady through the day.
- Vitamin & mineral deficiency: It is important that we include loads of fresh fruits and vegetables in our diet, in order to nourish our body with required vitamin and minerals. This is important that a deficiency of vitamins like B12, D can often lead to fatigue or low energy levels.
- Hypothyroidism: Fatigue is one of the most common signs hypothyroidism and as per clinal records it has been established patients suffering from hypothyroidism have reported a significat drop in the level of fatigue by getting their hypothyroid treated.
- Sleep patterns: Be it going to bed or waking up, try and maintain a pattern that does not vary too much, at least not drastically. After waking up, a good dose of light in the morning is very helpful. If your work requires you to sleep during the day, ensure you get up into a room that is well and brightly lit.
- Exercise: Whether is it Saturday or cloudy, a 30 minute workout does magic like nothing else. Get outdoors and be it a walk or a run, cycling or swimming, you will see nothing else boosts your energy as well as this.
- Nutrition: Reduced carbohydrates, a good dose of protein, ample hydration, adequate fiber intake, and good quantity of dry fruits are somethings to definitely follow. Start with a good breakfast that can boost your energy requirements for the day and eat less as the day goes by.
- Caffeine: One of the most pleasant experience is to wake up to have a refreshing cup of coffee. While it sounds exotic, the body benefits more if this caffeine is provided sometime later in the day when the energy levels are low.
- Alcohol: For many, alcohol could be a way of stress busting, but if scientifically looked at, alcohol reduces the quality of sleep and leaves you feeling unrested. It also leaves one tired and irritated. If possible, the alcohol intake should be at least 2 hours before bedtime.
- Power naps: Highly proven technique, where possible, a power nap of 15 minutes is believed to boost up energy levels significantly.
These are some methods to boost your energy levels. Most of it something completely controllable and changeable by you, all it requires is a conscious effort from you. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
Hi, In a some days I've chest pain in left side, I don't know what is the reason for the pain. I think I've breast cancer?
At the age of 40 I get menopause is that worried can you give me some guidance. I always grumpy don't feel do sex sometime my husband get angry I don't know what to do is there any medicine to get back the period isn't too early to get manoposs?
In the 18th century, most of the diseases were treated by bleeding a patient along with administration of laxatives. These treatments were termed as heroic treatments. The heroism was only of the patients who suffered at the hands of such interventions.
Homeopathy is an alternative medicine which was created by Samuel Hahnemann, in the 18th century, who was disgusted with the conventional treatment. He postulated homeopathy's "Law of Similars", which states that a substance which can treat the symptoms of a disease can also induce symptoms in a healthy person. This was based on his theory of eating cinchona bark a source of quinine, which was used to treat malaria. After he consumed that, he experienced the symptoms of malaria.
Homeopathy is considered to be controversial because of Hahnemann's postulate of the Law of Potentization, which states that homeopathic medicines become strong with more dilution.
If one must really believe in homeopathy then they need to know that it does not have a placebo effect. This has been proved by some strong examples. As per WHO, homeopathy is considered as the world's second largest point of care for healthcare. England's Royal family is also a strong supporter of homeopathy. Britain has placed homeopathy on their National Health system. In Britain, 45% doctors do not shy away from referring their patients to homeopathic medicine. There are many people across the world that trust only homeopathic medicines over allopathic medicines.
There is an increasing trend in the conventional doctors using homeopathic remedies. Also, in European countries the doctors prefer to refer patients to physicians who practice homeopathy. Homeopathy is slowly taking over the world. A random research showed that 45% British conventional physician along with 39% of French family physicians and 20% of German physicians are using homeopathic remedies. Also, 10% of Italian physicians use these remedies.
Despite, its increasing trend in Britain, it is not so well accepted in the United States. As per a report by Harvard, homeopathy only accounts for 0.5% of usage in the United States.
Related Tip: "Debunking 5 Myths Of Homeopathy"
I am experiencing dark brown bleeding the day my period was supposed to start, am I pregnant? I got my period while still taking my active pills, do I still take the place when It comes time?
Pregnancy is one of the most exciting and anxious phase in a woman’s life. There is definitely an information overload from all sources i.e. family, friends, medical team, books, Internet, etc., that is dumped on the mother-to-be. The idea is to prepare her for the delivery. What needs to be borne in mind though is that each delivery is unique and there are no two women who have had the exact same experience.
However, it is good for the mother to know what to expect so that she is mentally prepared and not totally caught unawares when the actual scenes unfold. The following are the sequence of events that she should be aware of and watch out for:
- With the due date nearing, she should keep a watch for the water breaking. This is passing of fluid surrounding the baby and is usually colorless and odorless. However, if it is green or brown, it is an indication that something might be wrong. Immediate medical help should be sought in that case.
- Along with water breaking, contractions is the next thing to watch out for. This is due to the tightening and releasing of the uterus, indicating that the baby has begun to descend down towards the cervix. If these last for up to a minute, occur every five minutes, and persist for up to an hour, it is a clear indication that it is delivery time and you must head to the hospital.
- Two sensations very prominent during delivery are pain and pressure. The pressure is from the baby passing down the birth canal. As the cervix and the vaginal canal expand to allow passage of the baby, there would be a great deal of pain and pressure. It is not just the mother, even the baby exerts significant pressure to come out of the womb during labor.
- The process of the baby getting out of the womb is what is medically termed as labor and has three distinct stages to it:
- The first stage has two parts to it i.e. an initial, gradual phase that may last for a few hours and a later, quicker phase. The rate of progress of delivery is steady.
- The second stage usually lasts for about two hours, during which the cervix is minimally dilated and pushing begins. This stage lasts until the baby is out of the womb.
- The third and the last stage is where the placenta is extracted and the umbilical cord is cut.
Some common problems you may expect include injury or tearing of the vagina or cervix, need for episiotomy, vomiting, passing of motion, anesthetic complications, etc. However, what would remain etched in the mother’s memory would be the first sight of the baby. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Hello Doctor I want to ask that i have got married since was on 10th december 2013 and still now we dont want to get chance around more 2 years is it possible or it may be harmful.Pls give your result about this.I have also white discharge problem but i have took the treatment for this now there is too much improvement in the discharge problem.
Hlo doctor. I had taken unwanted 72 and after taking this my periods is come. Just after 6 days from my last periods. And now again my actual date of periods is gone its upto 4 days long my periods has not come. What to do when its come. please suggest.
Hi, I am 25 years old, we are trying for baby from last two months. We have sex 2 days once by checking the ovulation day. First month I got my periods 1 day early. But in the second month I got my periods 6 days late. I want to know what could be the problem. We both work in it company.
Did you know that adding spices to your diet can help you lose weight? Well, now you do! We have been using spices for years and years to enhance the taste of our food but were unknown to this magical thing that they could do. Turns out these spices not only make our food tasty but also help a great deal in losing weight. Plus, these are all readily available in our kitchens. The various spices that aid in weight loss are:
Cinnamon is useful in balancing our insulin levels. Cells respond to insulin more readily because of cinnamon, and hence this is how cinnamon aids in weight loss. Thus, our blood sugar levels get balanced too. Cinnamon can be sprinkled as a seasoning. It can be sprinkled over coffee, smoothies. Or this spice can also be used in cooking.
Turmeric is a spice that is used in almost every Indian recipe. A component in turmeric called curcumin is what helps in weight loss. It decreases fat accumulationand bulk of fat tissue thus helping in weight loss.
Ginger is also a spice that is used in various Indian recipes. It is used to enhance the flavour of tea and also in other dishes. This spice helps speed your metabolism up and thus it plays an important role in weight management.
Mustard seeds help in boosting the metabolism rate. It means that calories get burned more effectively. Mustard seeds can be used for cooking or this mustard spice can also be had in the form of sauce. Mustard sauce is readily available and can be eaten with a varietyof dishes.
Garlic is yet another ingredient that is used in various dishes to enhance their taste. Garlic contains a component called allicin which helps to fight the bad cholesterol and regulate blood sugar levels.
Cumin is also very commonly used in Indian households. It is mostly used for tempering dishes. It can also be used in powdered form. Cumin is very useful in digestion and thus promotes healthy digestion.