Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sunita
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SunitaYour feedback matters!
Pregnancy is a beautiful phase for any woman, and should be enjoyed to the fullest. That being said, pregnant women need to take care of their health at all times, as a young life depends on them. Taking into account how paranoid a to-be mother can be, any form of bleeding during pregnancy can cause a lot of trepidation. However, a lot of this worry is not really required at all.
A lot of pregnant women bleed during the first trimester of their pregnancy. As a matter of fact, many who bleed do not know or realise just how common it really is, and as a result, they get quite a lot more worried than they should. In fact, it happens to about one in five women who are pregnant.
Why bleeding occurs?
- It is quite likely that if a miscarriage is to occur, it will occur during the first trimester, or the first twelve weeks. As a matter of fact, bleeding is most likely to occur between weeks five and eight. A woman would get to know that she is having a miscarriage if there is tissue which is being passed, and at the same time, she feels some very intense cramps in the lower part of the abdomen.
- Another reason why women bleed, which is also quite likely to occur during the first trimester, is due to the process of implantation. However, this sort of bleeding is not heavy by any measure. The ironic thing is that a lot of women discover that they are pregnant by this form of bleeding and it usually occurs within a week to about twelve days after the conception has taken place.
- One of the more baffling reasons for bleeding when a woman is pregnant is bleeding which occurs after sexual intercourse. While it may seem odd that something which is supposed to be pleasurable should actually end up causing blood loss, all this is a sign of is that the tissues around the vagina are receiving a great amount of blood supply. It is to be noted, that no risk is caused the foetus because of this as it is located in the uterus.
What to do if you bleed?
- No matter how light or heavy the bleeding, the midwife or the doctor must be kept up to date with the situation at hand. This is because if there is any corrective action which is to be taken, the delay in time is to be kept to a minimum.
- A cause for genuine concern over the period of the pregnancy is if there is bleeding post 20 weeks. In most circumstances, bleeding is not worth the mental trouble. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Tips to maintain a healthy lifestyle
- Follow a healthy eating plan. Make healthy food choices, keep your calorie needs and your family's calorie needs in mind, and focus on the balance of energy IN and energy OUT.
- Focus on portion size. Watch the portion sizes in fast food and other restaurants. The portions often served are enough for two or three people. Children's portion sizes should be smaller than those for adults. Cutting back on portion size will help you balance energy IN and energy OUT.
- Be active. Make personal and family time active. Find activities that everyone will enjoy. For example, go for a brisk walk, bike or rollerblade, or train together for a walk or run.
- Reduce screen time. Limit the use of TVs, computers, DVDs, and video games because they limit the time for physical activity. Health experts recommend 2 hours or less a day of screen time that does not work- or homework-related.
- Keep track of your weight, body mass index, and waist circumference. Also, keep track of your children's growth.
- Ensure that your abdominal circumference is lower than 80 cm/90cm (women and men)
- Keep fasting sugar lower than 80 mg% and blood pressure lower than 80 mm Hg.
- Keep heart rate lower than 80 per minute and bad LDL cholesterol lower than 80 mg%.
- Do not consume more than 80 grams of caloric solid or liquid food at once.
- Observe carbohydrate fast 80 days a year.
- Consume at least 80 fruits and vegetables servings in a week.
Hello, My wife is 2 Months pregnant and we are planning to visit Shimla and Manali after 2 months, I want to ask that is it ok to travel by train and bus in 4 months of pregnancy? I also want to ask that till how many months of pregnancy can we have sex?
Me and my friend had unprotected sex on 10 July after 1 dae of her periods, I cummed inside her mouth, she is very worried, any chance of pregnancy?
I am a pregnant of 4th month but regularly i'm suffering with abdominal pain and vaginal infection that mean white discharge and severe itching what should I do can you please help me.
Hello doctor I want to know that I was in periods on 24th November and my last date of period was 29th November and on 29th November I had unprotected sex bt after dat immediately I have taken I pill and next day 30th November again I had unprotected sex so there is any chances of pregnancy or I shud take I pill again?
Doctor I'm age of 21 After my periods. I'M getting blood cramps n light bleeding till my next period date That means I need to keep sanitary or some cotton cloth everyday What is happening? Is it normal?
I have irregular and painful periods problem this problem continue till then when my periods start .I have periods once in 2 months .what should I do?
Many think that a combination of honey and hot water, green tea with honey and lemon juice is a healthy practice and that it will help to reduce weight.
The truth is that it doesnt. And even if it have had such an effect on some people, ut isnt healthy.
Honey should never be heated or mixed with hot food, drinks or water.
It will lose its good qualities and become incompatible.
It will result in decreased immunity or in allergic conditions in the person or in his/her generations yet to come.
So its a request to everyone not to follow such so called healthy practises which are actually not healthy.