Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Sundra PandianYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from ear puss discharge in last 3 years. I have gone through ENT Hospitals doctors suggested to operation both ears. One small hole is there I have taken medicine for Antibiotics, cold tablets so many months.
I have a queer cold and sneezing problem whenever there is a change of season, sneezing not only effect my nose but also it leads to serious headache also. I want to ask if there is some medicine I can take or any precaution?
Im 29. Today I tried to clean my ear wax with ear buds. After that im facing some difficulty in hearing. May be ear buds pushed the ear wax inside. Will you suggest me best ear drops for ear wax removal and procedure of using and dosage.
I am having sore throat, dry cough, bit of nasal secretion since past two weeks. In between it was cured but again it developed. I am taking medicines since day 1 but yet to get complete relief. No headache or body ache as such. Please advise.
Hello sir I am suffering of tonsil in mouth from one and half month. Treated with doctor. But after ending of medicine I again suffered from tonsils and it increase my cough anytime increasingly. What should I do.
I have this strange feeling that their is something on the left side of my food pipe because whenever I eat or drink I feel the food passing only from the right side and nothing at all on the left side. So is this normal or something is realy in my throat?
I had snoring because hevy fat in my throat. How can I reduce fat without operation. So many doctors told if can take operation. It is not success.
From last month the blood comes out from my left nose whenever I sneeze or clean my nose during morning face wash. But it had stopped but from last 2 days it is occurring again and from same side and it had not been hurted also. So it is natural or type of disease.
I am suffering from sinus since 3 months. I used many medicines but there is no cure. So please root out this problem.
I am 63 old male. One week before in morning I had chkkar for 2 minute. Contacted Dr. He advised to do x ray of neck. Dr. Say gap kam Hui hai. Dr. Gave medicine cap. Eaze 40 & cinzan75 .need more medicine or not please Suggest
I am 24 years old male. I have problem of Sputum in my Throat for last two years 2 years. What should I do? I have to clean my throat in every 2-3 minute.
As soon as I started using an eye drops acupat' I was having an unusual feelings or irritation below my eyes near nose. Now I already stopped using the drop after using it for two months, but also the feelings or irritability has not gone. What shall I do? I have mild headache too sometimes. Or is it sinus irritation due to the side effect of the drop since I used it for a long time?
I am 55 years male went for medical check up when I suffered breathing irregularities a few times during sleep since last couple of years. The CT scan of Paranasal Sinus report says that I am having S shaped deviated nasal septum with right sided bony nasal spur and small polynomial soft tissue in left maxillary Sinus. please help
I have an hole in the ear I am getting pain what should I do to over come this problem without getting operation.
Nosebleed is a condition wherein blood vessels burst in the nasal lining. Nosebleeds are fairly common and it is rarely a serious condition.
- Anterior nosebleed: It is caused by the eruption of a blood vessel at the tip of the nose. Anterior nosebleeds are generally easy to control by yourself or by a doctor.
- Posterior nosebleed: It is a rare type of nosebleed. Posterior nosebleed mostly occurs in older people. It occurs when an artery bursts behind the nose, which causes the blood to flow down the throat. Posterior nosebleeds are, thus, dangerous, and they need immediate medical attention.
- There are numerous causes of nosebleeds. The most common cause of nosebleeds is dry air. Dry climates dehydrate the nasal membranes (internal nasal tissues). This dryness leads to crusting which can cause irritation or itching.
- Also, if you pick or scratch your nose too much, it can start to bleed.
- Decongestants for allergies, sinus infection or cold and antihistamines can make the nasal membranes dry and cause nosebleeds as well.
Some other causes of nosebleeds include:
- Some sort of foreign object stuck in the nasal cavity
- Allergic reactions
- Repeated sneezing
- Nose injuries (For example, car accidents, a punch to the face, etc.)
- Chemical irritants
- Cold air
- Respiratory Infection
- Consuming high doses of aspirin-high dosage thins the blood down, thus triggering nosebleeds
There are other rarer causes as well, such as:
There are various type of nosebleed that can be caused by a variety of conditions. While some of them may not be too serious, one must never ignore heavy and persistent nosebleed. Nosebleeds are of two kinds: anterior nosebleed and posterior nosebleed. While 90% of all nosebleeds are anterior nosebleeds, the posterior nosebleeds are far less common and may be slightly more serious in nature. An anterior nosebleed is usually caused in the blood vessels that lie on the front portion of the nose and can be controlled easily. A posterior nosebleed usually comes from damage to an artery in the rear portion of the nose. Infection, trauma, allergic reactions and other such causes may be behind a nosebleed.
Let us cast a glance on the tips to prevent nosebleeds.
- Salt water and saline nose drops can be used in order to prevent nosebleeds. It is important to take these on a regular basis in case you are experiencing these nosebleeds on a regular basis.
- You can also visit your doctor, who may prescribe blood thinners so that the blood does not clot and lead to a nosebleed. You will need to ensure that you take such medication only when the doctor prescribes the same.
- The use of painkillers like Aspirin and other non-steroid anti-inflammatory drugs must be limited. Sometimes, taking such medication too frequently may lead to nosebleeds.
- You would do well to control your blood pressure because hypertension and other forms of high blood pressure can also cause nosebleeds. Lifestyle changes like your diet and exercise can help in keeping a more stable blood pressure level so that you do not fall prey to frequent nosebleeds.
- Humidify your home with a humidifier so that the air does not get too dry. Many times, this causes nosebleeds. Also, you may want to keep the heat down in the bedrooms. Many nosebleeds happen due to too warm temperatures while you are sleeping.
- Nose picking should also be discouraged as it can lead to nosebleeds in case there is a scratch or any other kind of damage when you try to force the dirt out.
- It has also been found that smoking has a connection with nosebleeds. This can be fixed if the patient quits smoking.
- One should not use nasal sprays without a prescription from a doctor. This also includes antihistamines, decongestants as well as other medicated sprays. These may not suit the patient at all times, and may also lead to nosebleeds.
In the event of a nosebleed, you will need to lean forward with your head tilted backwards. This will stem the bleeding. If it is possible, you must also try and lie down immediately for a few minutes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.