Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. SundharamYour feedback matters!
I am 31 years old. Having hypothyroidism but TSH is in normal range (1.5) but TPO/TMA are 91 and TG are 190 in blood report (tested in July'2016. I did not get periods without taking taking tablets. Endometrium is not increasing without taking tablets. Last year in january15 had undergone IVF treatment but need to got it abort after 3 months of pregnancy. I have not tried for IVF till then but now before proceeding towards it, I need proper guidance.
My wife is 47 years old. She has following problems: Thyroid (Hypo) High Blood pressure, Sugar type 2 Have knee pain and ankle pain. Gas problem Her gall bladder is eliminated. Has chest pain while walking (ECG report was normal) She is suffering from all these problem for last 5-7 years. Please advise with special advise for my knee joint pain.
I am 58 years'my fasting blood sugar is 121mg.%, p. P. Is 130 mg%; hba1c is 6.6. Not taking antidiabetic drugs. Kindly advice me. Wt. Nearly 75 kg.
I am suffering from diabetes at the age of 15 years now I am 22 am using insulin every day what is the solution.
I am 59 years old I am over weight is 129 kg I have bp and diabetic I feel tired and feel sleepy always. Please help me out.
I want to know a diet plan which I should follow to decrease my weight n fat. I had a czerian delivery 11 months back which exercises should I follow. I am having thyroid after delivery n I am taking medicine for it.
I am diabetic for 5-6 years now After medicine fasting level is around 140 and pp is around 200. Should I continue with same medicine or change it. Medicines which I take are 1) Tribetrol 2 2) kombiglyze 500 mg These are before breakfast and (3) Tribetrol 1 before dinner.
Hi sir, I am a diabetic since 10 yrs. Now I am facing fungal infection inside penis. There is some white paste formulation and skin is not opening while urinating. Its very painful and irritating. Request some help in this regard.
I have had diabetes for years now I have it in control and also not on medication. So can I sometimes eat products that contain sugar?
I have diabetes for last 4 years I take allopathy treatment and I have some side effects like tingling in legs so I would like to looking some other treatment like home remedies.
In Ayurveda, diabetes is known as 'Madhumeha' and is classified as a 'kapha' type of disorder. Ayurveda identifies 20 types of diabetes 4 due to Vata, 6 results from Pitta and 10 are caused by Kapha.
Factors that are often responsible for causing diabetes are excessive intake of foods which are difficult to digest, such as fried foods, creams, etc. Lack of exercise, mental stress and strain, excessive sleep, overeating and consequent obesity, excessive intake of sugar and refined carbohydrates, overloading of proteins and fats can also lead to diabetes. Hereditary factors also play role in causing diabetes.
- Weight loss or weight gain
- Frequent urinary tract infections
- Blurred vision
- Excessive sweating
- Excessive thirst
- Excessive hunger
- Frequent urination in large quantity
Ayurvedic Remedies To Control Diabetes
There are several herbs which are found to be very effective in treating diabetes and lowering blood sugar level. The greatest advantage of these herbal diabetes medicine supplements are that they have no side effects. Given below is a list of some of the most effective diabetes treatment herbs-
- Bitter Gourd (Momordica charantia)
- Bael (Aegle marmelos)
- Gurmar Leaves (Gymnema sylvestrae)
- Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum graecum)
- Turmeric (Curcuma longa)
- Onion (Allium cepa)
- Nayantatra (Vinca rosa)
- Neem (Azadirachtha indica)
- Garlic (Allium sativum)
- Sagar gota (Ceasalpinia crista)
Ayurvedic Remedies for Diabetes Cure
- The bitter gourd is regarded as the best remedy for diabetes. Drinking at least one tablespoon of bitter gourd juice daily will reduce blood sugar levels in your blood and urine.
- Having bitter gourd cooked in ghee for a period of three months will bring the diabetes down by a significant amount.
- A tablespoon of Indian gooseberry juice mixed with a cup of fresh bitter-gourd juice, taken daily for two months will enable the pancreas to secrete insulin.
- Drinking a glass of water with 10 tulsi leaves, 10 neem leaves and 10 belpatras early morning on an empty stomach helps in keeping sugar levels under control.
- Mix and grind seeds of Fenugreek (100 gm), turmeric (50gm), white pepper. Take one teaspoon of this powder with a glass of milk twice daily.
- Put one cup of water into a copper vessel at night, and drink the water in the morning.
- Avoid sleeping during daytime
- Avoid smoking
- Take adequate eye care
- Do exercise regularly
- Take extra care of your foot
In Ayurveda, the body is made up of three doshas - kapha, vata, pitta and gunas - rajas, tamas and satva. The various techniques that Ayurveda recommends to improve your wellbeing are -
- Meditate regularly
- Exercise on a regular basis
- Eat the largest meal during lunch
- Limit portion sizes
- Weed out negative emotions
- Limit foods that are high in sugar
- Be careful about when and how many carbohydrates you eat
- Eat a variety of whole-grain foods and vegetables every day
- Eat less fat
- Limit your use of alcohol
- Use less salt
Pancreas transplantation adds significant survival benefit to diabetic patients who otherwise face a life expectancy that is one-third of normal.