Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sundharam
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SundharamYour feedback matters!
I am 41 years old I have heavy diabetic for the past 5 years. And I have taking insulin for past 4 years. But I cant reduce the insulin level. What should I do for the same ?
Sir my thyroid test results are Total T3 3.64 ng/ml Total T4 5.59 ug/dl TSH 1.48 ulU/ml. This is the first time diagnosis, my doctor said I do not need any medication and I do not have thyroid but the results shows T3 levels are high than normal Do you suggest me anything? And can you brief what is my test results.
I am suffering from diabetes type 1 yesterday doc gave me medicine for nasal polyps and I had one katori of pomegranate kal mere sugar aae 112 fasting or aj morning me 155kya eskaa reason medicine ho sakti hb yaa pomegranate kya reason ho sakta hh ek dam se sugar between ka.
Consuming tobacco in any form will raise blood sugar levels? , I am a Diabetic eating chain khane i.e. tobacco in fine form covered with a very thin layer of paper. And also taking tablets for sugar and eating only pulka day by day increasing my blood sugar and urine sugar levels are increasing , will it be the case of increasing levels of my blood sugar? Pls. Clarify me Doctor thanks and regards
Diabetes mellitus or diabetes is a common metabolic health disorder that inhibits the body system to make proper use of the glucose produced. This phenomenon leads to hyperglycemia or high blood sugar in the body and ultimately leads to elevated levels of glucose in the urine as well. It causes a surge in the urine output along with dehydration and polydipsia or increase in thirst.
In Ayurveda, diabetes is referred to as “Madhumeha”. It is mainly caused by the disruption or aggravation of air or “vata”. This disease causes the utmost destruction of the tissues, and this is the primary reason why diabetes affects most of the vital organs. Another important cause of diabetes is improper digestion as it causes accumulation of specific impurities in the pancreatic cells that hamper the insulin production.
How can diabetes be treated with Ayurveda?
In Ayurveda, diabetes is regarded as a disease which can be dealt with by following a strict diet and physical exercises regimen and taking few essential medicines. It is considered as a major disease which can cause several complications in the body including reduced vision in the eyes, kidney failure, impotence, joint pain and even sexual problems. In stark contrast to modern medicine system, Ayurveda aims at rejuvenating the body to ensure proper utilization of insulin and preventing further complications.
The Ayurvedic treatment of diabetes is based on bringing about a complete change in the lifestyle of the person. Besides taking the right medicines and diet, the patient is required to take a healthy lifestyle and lead an active daily routine. Changes in diet and lifestyle can rejuvenate the cells in the body and tissues. Ayurveda also pays attention to the mental aspects of the ailment and therefore, the medicines which are given ensure proper functioning of the brain.
What is the home remedies suggested in Ayurveda for treating diabetes management?
There are several home remedies available for treating diabetes. For instance, you can take mango leaves and grind it to form a powder. Mixing it with a glass of water and drinking it twice daily can ensure a fast reduction in the blood sugar levels.
Taking two teaspoons of bitter gourd juice can help in reducing blood sugar levels. Including bitter gourd in daily meals can have a similar effect. You may mix bitter gourd juice with Indian gooseberry juice to reduce the blood sugar levels.
What are the lifestyle and dietary changes recommended for diet and lifestyle changes?
When you have diabetes, you should include whole grains in the diet along with fruits and vegetables. Reduce intake of carbohydrates. Staying away from processed and junk foods are important. Also, indulging in some light exercises daily can help you reduce sugar levels easily.
I am a diabetic ,taking jardiance 25 half tab a day after launch. But have uti as a side effect. How to continue jadriance and prevent uti also.
A healthy diabetic diet can incorporate any sustenance with some restraint, the length of it permits you to keep your blood sugar levels inside target. Notwithstanding, 'control'might be hard to apply to a few foods in light of their high starch content. A few foods likewise appear to trigger longings or advance indulging. In the event that you have diabetes, it might be best to abstain from eating these foods, to avert issues with your blood sugar that could bargain your health.
1. Candy: One needs to avoid a number of confectionary items as they are high in sugar content, such as candy, cookies and syrups etc. Yet these below quality starches likewise cause an emotional spike up in the blood sugar levels and can add to weight increase, both of which can exacerbate diabetes confusions. Figure out how to fulfill your sweet tooth by nibbling on top notch starches, for example, crisp organic product.
2. Pretzels: Pretzels have a healthy picture, yet a look at the fixings list uncovers that their wholesome notoriety is horribly undeserved. Almost every brand is produced using the same fundamental fixings:
White flour (wheat flour that has been stripped of its supplements and fiber), yeast, salt, vegetable oil, corn syrup. It's conspicuous from its not very impressive fixing list that this prevalent nibble is basically without sustenance.
3. Nibble pastries and cakes: It's regular learning that snacks that are packaged and heated products are stacked with sodium, sugar, white flour as well as additives. Their perilous combo of refined flour and sugar spikes blood sugar as well as advances irritation, which meddles with insulin's capacity to work legitimately.
4. Bacon: Notwithstanding entire fat dairy foods, greasy or marbled cuts of meat additionally convey a powerful measure of soaked fat, which starts aggravation in the body and prompts different symptoms.
5. Milk: For those with diabetes, a diet high in immersed fat can decline insulin resistance. Keep entire milk out of the ice chest and get 1% (low-fat) or skim (nonfat) milk. Additionally, attempt your best to maintain a strategic distance from other entire milk dairy items like cream, full-fat yogurt, normal cheddar and cream cheddar; rather, pick their decreased fat partners at whatever point conceivable.
6. White Bread: Refined starches in white rice, white bread, and any structured with white flour and white pasta, act a great deal like sugar one time in the human body begins to process them. Thusly, much the same as sugar, refined starches meddle with glucose control and ought to be stayed away from by those with diabetes.
7. French Fries: Trying too hard on oily, signed foods can prompt weight pick up and wreak devastation on the blood sugar you have. Potato chips, French fries, and doughnuts happen to be especially terrible decisions for diabetics since they're made with carb-substantial, dull fixings, which can bring about levels of blood glucose level for shooting up.
8. Natural product juice: While entire fruits are a healthy, fiber-rich starch choice for diabetics, the same can't be said for organic product juice. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.