Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. SundharamYour feedback matters!
I am 22years old 3months ago I was diagnosed with PCOD what precautions should I take and was is the treatment for it? It may be life long or cured? In future do I conceive? And my past history - I hv hypo thyroid since 7years using 125mcg?
I am 45 yrs. Old suffering from uncontrolled diabetes mellitus since 10yrs. Give me tips to keep controlled my sugar.
Hello sir, My dad is 64 years old. He suffers from type 2 diabetes and hypertension. He takes olmezest am 40 for HTN. My question is - can he take OLMAX LN 40 as it contains another calcium channel blocker cilnidipine at 10 mg (5 mg cilnidipine is not available with olmesartan. As per my research on pubmed articles are in favor of cilnidipine as cilnidipine is an N-type and L-type CCB that also inhibits sympathomimetic activity in contrast to other DHPs and amlodipine therapy has adverse effects, most commonly pedal edema. So Cilnidipine being an N-type and L-type CCB is associated with lower incidence of pedal edema compared to the L-type channel blocked by amlodipine.
I am 46 yr old person having, htn, diabeties t2, with ckd stage 4, I am having protein in urin & puss cells. Having drugs for above but, not fully under controll, recent serum creatine is 3.89.
If the report of TSH comes as 4.25 then whether it is hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism. white T3 and T4 is in normal range.
Thyroid disorder and weight loss
Most of the time, underlying the thyroid disorder is years of abuse of our body.
When you don't take proper care of your own nutrition, sleep and invest time for proper exercise, at some point various hormonal systems of the body go out of sync.
It is very important to have your thyroid hormones as tablets as per your doctor's prescription and adjust the dose with a periodic check up. And just doing it may reduce your weight little bit. But it will not be enough. You need to work on the root cause of this issue.
Avoid all junk food and all sweet food. Low fat - low calorie diets does not work for the majority of people. Eat wholesome nutritious food full of fibers, good quality fat like ghee and coconut etc. Don't focus on calories but on nutritional density and diversity.
Simultaneously working on exercise and diet will surely help. You do not have to do rigorous exercise to lose weight but start with something small. Let us say 8-minute workout.
Best rate to lose weight is 1/2 kg per week. If that happens, it is least likely to go high again in future.
Trying to lose weight in very short time will need some form of crash diet. Even if you lose weight doing this kind of crash diet, you will get it all back in no time and all the gain will be mainly fat. Not good for your health.
Be gentle and patient with yourself. Demonstrate commitment to your persistent efforts. Make a comprehensive change in diet, exercise, sleep and stress in your routine. This is called lifestyle medicine. If you can not do it on your own, find some expert who can help you in this over an extended period of time.
I have weight gain from previous 3 years and my T4 value is more than normal value. What should I do?
What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
My sugar level is 240 at morning what should i do, my parents are sugar free persons, its not heridity.
Hello doctor! My parents are diabetic. How can I try my best to stop it in coming me in near future. I eat very less or almost no to rice, potato and drink tea without sugar. Thanks.
It has been shown that regular exercise and Diet control can delay the onset of Diabetes .People having strong family history can delay the onset of Diabetes by these measures.
How Diagnose Diabetes?
As per the recent Guidelines the following criteria is used for the diagnosis.
1) Normal Range : Fasting Blood Sugar : Up to 110 mg/dl
Post Lunch / Glucose: Up to 140 mg/dl
2) Diabetic Range : Fasting Blood Sugar : More than 126 mg% ( More then one occasion)
Post Glucose Blood Sugar: More then 200 mg% ( 2 hours after 75 gm glucose)
If the criteria mentioned above are fulfilled the person is diagnosed to have diabetes.
Hello ma'am /sir I am 27 year old girl. I am unmarried and cause of thyroid and weight gain and my periods is regular but not coming after 1-2 days. I take eltrocin, calcium tablet and vit D tablet. Please treat me and suggest me.
My wife suffering from thyroid on neck so advise me what is the precaution and treatment carried out.
Infertility in women refers to a condition when a woman fails to conceive in a year, even after having regular sexual intercourse without any contraception. Infertility is caused by a number of reasons or factors. Some of the reasons are listed below:
- Structural barriers or abnormalities of the reproductive organs of the female
- Hormonal imbalance
- Presence of cyst or fibroid in the reproductive organs like ovary and uterus
- Blocked fallopian tube
- Inflammatory diseases in the pelvic region.
Infertility is often caused due to lifestyle pattern of the female individual. The chances of turning infertile increases due to smoking, consumption of alcohol, emotional stress, obesity, etc.
Homeopathic Treatment for Infertile Women:
Homeopathic treatment for infertility of women is safe for the patient as the medicines are non-toxic and naturally extracted. These medicines can be used for a longer period of time. A homeopath practitioner will take a lot of things into account while treating the patient- like her mental and physical constitution. He or she will try to investigate the underlying causes that are leading to the infertility.
Here are some common medicines, used for the treatment of infertile women:
- Medicines for Patients having Acidic Vagina: In some females, the vaginal fluids are extremely acidic in nature. Thus, the sperm fails to stay alive under such conditions and travel further up the reproductive tract for fertilisation with ovum. Therefore, the woman fails to conceive. In such cases, borax and Natrum Phos are prescribed for the patient. While Borax is given to females with vaginal discharge similar to the white portion of an egg, Natrum Phos is for women with creamy and honey-coloured discharge.
- Medicine to Cure Prolonged Periods or Menorrhagia: When a female suffers from prolonged periods, she might turn infertile. Besides, the patient may also suffer from Leucorrhea, anaemia and fatigue. To cure infertility in such cases, two medicines are used- Calcerea Carb and Aletris Farinosa. Women with extremely longer periods are given Calcerea Carb. Women with early menses can take Aletris Farinosa.
- Medicines for Women Experiencing Shorter Periods: Infertility is also caused when the monthly period cycle of the patient is irregular. She may be facing extremely shorter and scanty periods. Under such circumstances, Pulsatilla and Sepia are prescribed for the patient. Sepia is for women who feel a bearing down sensation in the uterus. Pulsatilla is given to women who are facing scanty periods ever since their menarche.
- Medicine for Women with Reduced Sexual Drive: Some women complain of having decreased sexual desire or arousal. Agnus Castus and Sepia are given to such women. Sepia is for female patients who have excessively dry vagina and face pain during intercourse.