Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Management of Smoking Cessation
Asthma Management Program
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Treatment & Management
Submit a review for Dr. Sundhar Raja PerumalYour feedback matters!
I have dry cough problem since last two weeks and had medicine cough syrups. I am unable to get relief from cough please suggest me some solution as I have been in this situation for 2 times in same year.
I am 21 years old man. I am having cold n cough that have been started almost 2-3 years. I tried multiple medications. But it didn't cured. So , can you please help me!
As we go about life and routine activities, we may be exposed to a lot of different types of environments. We may have to travel in heavy traffic and may be exposed to vehicular pollution, there may be times when we are at places that allow smoking and that may expose us to smoke from cigarettes. Our nature of work today requires us to be constantly in a situation where we take in industrial fumes and exhausts. Being in any of these conditions temporarily may not be a big matter of worry, but when the incidents get more frequent they may lead to troubles in breathing and diseases such as bronchitis or acute bronchitis.
Acute bronchitis is a condition in which the bronchial tube that carries air to and from the lungs gets inflamed due to different reasons. The biggest hazard related to the inflammation of the bronchial tube is that the patient may suffer from constant coughing and irritation of the throat putting pressure on the lungs. In advanced cases, a bronchial infection may also leave the nodes of the lungs inflamed, making it more difficult for the patients to breathe.
Causes of Acute Bronchitis:
- The most common causes of bronchitis include the infection of the bronchial tube with bacteria or virus, which lead to the inflammation of the tube and subsequent bouts of coughing.
- A habit of smoking cigarettes or being exposed to cigarette smoke as a passive smoker may lead to the infection of the bronchial tube.
- Vehicular smoke and fumes also lead to the inflammation and infection of the tube that plays an imminent role in supplying oxygen to the lungs.
- Finally, when one works in a position where he/she is exposed to chemicals or harmful exhausts on a constant basis may also have to suffer from acute bronchitis.
What is the treatment for acute bronchitis?
Bed rest and supportive care such as reducing coughing are the main treatments for acute bronchitis. In most individuals, antibiotics are not needed, especially those who have as cause viral or environmental factors. For some patients who have wheezing with their cough, beta2 agonists may be helpful (bronchodilators). Perhaps the most useful treatments are directed at reducing coughing symptoms with over the counter preparations containing guaifenesin and mucolytics. NSAIDs are often added to reduce inflammation and help relieve discomfort. However, the American Academy of Pediatrics does not recommend giving OTC cough and cold medications to children under two years of age; these medicines may cause harmful side-effects that can be life-threatening to young children.
What natural or home remedies treat and cure acute bronchitis?
- Stay well hydrated by drinking fluids
- Breath humidified air
- Avoid dairy products because they thicken mucous secretions
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine because of potential drug interactions
- Avoid exposure to environmental smoke and other air pollutants
Asthma is a condition that severely affects the lungs. The airways become narrow and the lungs become inflamed. Its characteristic features include bronchospasm, reversible airflow obstruction and variable and recurring symptoms such as coughing, wheezing, shortness of breath and chest tightness. This might be caused up to 2 to 3 times a day.
- Daily use of Paracetamol
- Daily use of antibiotics
- Caesarean sections
- Asthma in family
Asthma is usually triggered by:
- Tobacco Smoke
- Polluted or Poor air
- Cold Air
- Emotional Stress
Homeopathic Treatment: Asthma should be preferably treated using homeopathy. It is safe for most age groups. Asthma is a chronic problem that is best treated by a qualified homeopath. While few cures are found in numerous home use packs since they can treat a number of problems, the effective treatment of asthma usually needs potencies and changes of cures more than the extent of a prescriber and a home kit. For best results, the monitoring of a qualified homeopath should be sought. The homeopathic cures required for asthma change according to the signs of the sufferer. Some of them are listed below:
- Arsenicum Album (Ars.): Symptoms requiring the use of this medication include wheezing with dry cough and Asthma caused due to cold air. Upon application, the person will be anxious and restless and the condition worsens after midnight. Sometimes, it might result in exhaustion. There is a chilling sensation and they will crave for warmth. Patients required Ars. will be critical, anxious and afraid of being alone.
- Kali Bichromicum (Kali-bi.): Symptoms that require Kali-bi include asthma with stringy and sticky mucus. The patients feel chilly and after a while they get sick. The respiratory tract often is infected with mucous membrane infections. Ulcers are an additional infection.
- AntimoniumTartaricum (Ant-t.): Uncomfortable breathing and wet cough with mucus require this medication. It solves many issues that accompany difficult breathing. In severe cases, heart failure is possible.
- Grindelia (Grin.): Key symptoms are dry cough and possibility of wheezing. It may be accompanied by Rattling respiration, chronic bronchitis and suffocation during sleep.
- Phosphorus (Phos.): Upper respiratory tract infections cause asthma that ends in the chest. This causes coughing and wheezing.
Other homeopathic medicines for treating asthma are Nux Vomica (Nux-v.) and Pulsatilla Pratensis (Puls). If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My uncle is 60 year old , he have compliant of shortness of breathing and diagnosed as interstitial lung diseases. Will it be cured completely? please give your opinion for further management.
My mom is 52 years old. She is an asthma patient. Is there any precautions to be taken and are there any ayurvedic treatment for asthma?
I am diagnosed to be suffering from copd. I am 90 years. My doctor prescribed me inhalers with the help of spacer. Please inform what precautions you suggest which I can follow ?
I have cough since last two year and cough attack start on night alternately I consult my doctor for that He said that you have bronchitis What is this and which medicine I take for that please help me?
I have been suffering from nasal allergy and I have been under sinusitis operation so now I still facing allergy so now suggest me to sole this problem.
Some times I feel short breath and gastric at some time. please tell me why is this happening and what is the solution?
Here are some tips about how to deal asthama