Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Management of Smoking Cessation
Asthma Management Program
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Treatment & Management
Submit a review for Dr. Sundhar Raja PerumalYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 6 weeks pregnant . When I was walking I felt shortness of breath . Fatigue . Pls advice me. Daily I feel shortness of breath sometimes .pls advice me.
What medications are best for the treatment of asthma? what are their side effects kindly do the needful please.
I had asthma attack 3 years back, took antibiotics and some steroids and got cured in 12 - 13 days. After 3 years from that incident, now a days I started feeling breathlessness at any time of the day, whether I am seating of working, I start feeling uneasy. No medication is going on. I can walk 9 - 10 km without feeling exhausted but feel asthmatic even seating in chair. Can not talk long sentences. Please suggest any remedy. Regards.
Hi sir My name is amit from jaipur Sir mujhe halki halki khasi rahati hai hamesha koi seryup leta hu to aaram milta hai lekin kuchh dino bad apne aap khasi hone lag jati hai please give me any suggestions.
Dear Sir, I myself Gobinda Pathak. My wife age of 26 years suffering in serious cold. She couldn't sleep whole night for cough and dry coughing. Pls suggest a cough Syrup and some medicine. Gobinda Pathak.
I am 71 years of age, of course, with sound physique. However, I have some respiratory problem for some time now. I feel like taking deep breath. This makes me feel uncomfortable and uneasy. Recently PFT taken. It showed slight/mild airway problem for which taken treatment for a fortnight. ECG, ECHO and other pathological test reports such as blood test, urine test etc are normal. What is the way out for coming out of this respiratory infection?
1. It is important to gargle with warm water immediately after nebulization. This measure is intended to wash out the deposits of drugs that if allowed to stay within the oral cavity, will lead to hoarseness of voice and oral ulcers.
2. Following the gargle, drink 2 cups of warm water. This measure will wash out the drugs that is deposited during nebulization on the walls of the esophagus. Thus avoid esophageal irritation caused due to the drug deposited on the inner walls of the esophagus.
3. It will definately help to have a air purifier at home to monitor the particulate matter content in the ambience. This will also reduce the frequency of attacks and enable relatively clean air for the affected, creating comfortable indoors.
4. Take time out to teach children on how to apply the inhaler effectively so as to be able to self-help during acute asthmatic attacks. If available, adrenaline shots of 0.5 to 1 mg may be carried on them, so that in event of severe asthmatic attack, a subcutaneous shot of adrenaline is life saving.
5. Be aware of early signs of an attack, point out these early signs to asthmatic children so that they may stop their activity and take self-help measures.
6. Do not wait for ambulances to arrive in case anybody is in acute asthmatic attack, sit the person in upright position, give them multiple shots through pocket inhaler or start nebulisation with duolin +/- budecort, if the affected person is carrying a adrenaline shot - 1mg subcutaneous should be given on the deltoid of either upper limb of the person.