Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Management of Smoking Cessation
Asthma Management Program
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Treatment & Management
Submit a review for Dr. Sundhar Raja PerumalYour feedback matters!
I am 21 year old male and I am suffering from tb I have been taking medicines since one and a half month but i have chest pain what should I do?
I am 23 years male. Am suffering from severe cough from 7-8 days. I have a habit of smoking. When I cough I feel vomiting sensation.
I have tell the about cough problem and this problem increasing day by day .I have gone through clinic tests. And taken many medicine .but not relief please tell the solution?
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 3 weeks and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard can you suggest what should be done?
Hello doc I have a problem of having cold and cough the whole year and my nose is very much sensitive to dust also.
I am 22 year old male and having cough from sat mrng might be because I went in rain a few days ago but not having proper relief from 2 days I would like a suggestion what should I do now.
I have cough problem and I am having heavy cough. It is more than 2 months. Please suggest me to take the medicine or what treatment should I have.
I am suffering from dry cough for two weeks. I have chest pain. Can yoy suggest what should be done.
Bronchial adenoma is an uncommon benign tumour that begins in the mucous glands and the airways of the lungs (bronchi). These cancers progress very slowly and can be cured if detected. These cancers can easily spread to other parts of the body, such as the adjoining cells and tissues. These types of cancers, however, respond well to treatment.
There are three types of bronchial adenoma:
- Adenoid cystic carcinoma: This type of cancer starts in the salivary glands of the mouth; it may also affect the sweat glands, trachea (windpipe) and the woman's breasts.
- Carcinoid tumors: These tumors impair the functioning of the nerve cells and cells that produce hormones. They usually develop in the stomach and the lungs.
- Mucoepidermoid carcinoma: This type develops in the salivary glands. The parotid glands near the ears are usually affected.
Causes: The exact cause of this disorder is not known. It is believed that some genes in the body are responsible for mutation of the cells. Multiple endocrine neoplasia (a combination of diseases which affects the endocrine system of the body) increases the risks of being affected by bronchial adenoma.
Symptoms: Since these tumors progress very slowly, initially the symptoms might not be apparent. In the latter stages, the symptoms that show up depend on the location of the cancer.
For carcinoid tumors, the symptoms are:
- You may experience wheezing and cough
- Presence of blood in the cough
- Chest pain and breathing difficulties
- Becoming increasingly susceptible to infections such as pneumonia
For mucoepidermoid carcinoma, the symptoms are:
- The glands near the ears may swell
- You may experience pain in your face
For Adenoid cystic carcinoma, the symptoms are:
- Trouble while swallowing food
- Hoarse voice
- Swelling on the roof of your mouth
- Numbness in the jaw
- Bumps below the jaw
I am repeatedly suffering from cough I am suffering every two months once a time so please give me your suggestion.
The usual measures to treat sinusitis are sufficient to help cure the tooth pain in such cases.