Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SundharYour feedback matters!
Sir, I had done lft test 2 weeks ago and my total bilirubin was 2.0 and today when I did my test the bilirubin is 1.9 with conjugated bilirubin of 1.3 and unconjugated 0.6 and before the sgpt was 24 and now it is 43. I am following a plain diet. Is there any danger. I am having udiliv 150, mariliv ds and nexpro L as medication. Is there any risks. Please help me.
I Am 22 Years old and I am here with PCOD. May I please know what is the major reason for PCOD and how to cure it.
I have gained more weight in the past 6 months. I have tried many diet. But it also doesn't work. I need to reduce my weight. Please help me.
I am suffering from rosacea acne on nose tips and forehead. PleaSe suggest me some kind of treatment?
I am Ravi Kiran. I am suffering from full of stomach pain since continuously 3 days so please suggest me the solution for this.
I am having rheumatoid arthritis from last 10 years. My age is just 31, certain deformities have developed in my hands. Is there any medicine to reverse the deformities.
My hair is falling down very lastly, and it was more in last 2 years. What shell I do to stop this? please suggest some way. Thank you.
Hi all, Hope all is well. Am boy My face oily. So to avoid oil and to become bright. What I need to do. Which soap or face wash shall I use or which cream shall I use. Please guide me perfect name so that I can buy and use. Appreciate your response. Shakthi. S.
There is a wide range of remedies that are available to treat depression in young adults. While there is no proven way of treating depression, broadly there are three approaches that is psychological, medical and natural. The key is to know the cause of depression. Once the cause is known, a qualified professional decides the course of treatment.
Psychological Treatment: Psychological treatments revolve around talking with the patient and change the way he thinks. It equips an individual to cope up with stress, depression and conflicts.
The three most popular treatment approaches are CBT, IPT and MBCT:
- Cognitive behavior therapy (CBT) is an approach where the behavioral pattern of the patient is analyzed and a certain change in behavior is suggested to deal with depression. CBT is a problem-solving approach where a psychologist first analyzes the problem and helps a patient to see the problem from a more positive aspect.
- Interpersonal therapy (IPT) deals with problems related to personal relationships. It analyses the relationship pattern of a patient and specifically addresses them to drive away depression.
- Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy (MBCT) is a group activity and encourages a patient to express their feelings. The idea is to share as much as a patient can. It helps the mind to focus on the present rather than wondering it to something irrelevant that causes depression.
Medical treatment: Medical treatment deals with depression with the help of antidepressants. Medication depends on the level of depression. For more serious depression, such as psychosis and bipolar disorder, a doctor often prescribes psychotic drugs along with antidepressants and mood stabilizers. Medical treatment is suggested only when psychological treatment fails. A patient might have to get admitted in a good facility for a short time or full period of the treatment.
The natural treatment: It is related to lifestyle changes and helps a patient overcome depression. It can be followed along with other forms of treatment. Some good practices are as follows:
- A good diet: A healthy diet often helps to fight depression. Serotonin rich food such as coconut oil, fish oil, eggs, cherries, Omega-3 acid greatly helps in fighting depression.
- Stay away from Caffeine: Any caffeine related products such as coffee, cigarettes or liquor should be avoided during the depression.
- Meditation: Meditation greatly helps in overcoming depression. It offers the much-needed piece of mind and helps to concentrate more.
- Daily exercise: It has been observed that regular physical activities such as walking, running and free hand exercise can be of great help in overcoming depression. It uplifts mood and reduces stress.
- Pumpkin seeds: Pumpkin seeds contain important elements such as magnesium, healthy fat, amino acid and L-tryptophan. Pumpkin seeds help to secrete serotonin and serotonin, in turn, help in fighting depression.