Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Management of Surrogacy
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Health Screening For Women
Submit a review for Dr. Sunder SubramanianYour feedback matters!
Hello sir, my name is Rajesh, I am 22 years old, sir my stomach is aching from7months, please sir help me.
Constipation problem. Lot of difficulty while passing stool. Got treated once last year for piles. But it's back now and then. We have done also the diet control and do exercise 3-4 times on a week.
I am 34 years male. I am suffering from a few vibration in right hand while writing since 3 years and have a little sleeping since one month. What should I do?
My wife is suffered from pcos and thyroid ,she is 29 now and we are trying for a baby since 2.6 years, we got married in Feb 2014. Since then she is on continuous medication, she had 3 follicular study but the size of the egg does not increase .on 13th day her ET was 6 mm RT FOLLICLE 9*9 mm LT. OV was 9*9 mm after taking Injection FSH 150 IU. What's her chances of getting pregnant. What other effective treatment should we try, please suggest.
My father has infection in the urine for the last three months was suffering from high fever antibiotics were administrated and the fever subsided but the fever comes back again due to the urine infection which is not going kindly how to treat the infection several antibiotic were given but nothing is happening. Please advice something.
I am 59 year old female. Undergone with laparoscopic hysterectomy (uterus removal) operation on 9th JUne. After that urine is passing without any signal. CT sacn shows some issue in Ureter. Please advise me.
Sir I Start exercise last 1 month. But Most of appetite Prob. Take of protein It's Causeloose motion.mainlyAnoxeria likely 4 chapati in a day I take and 1 glass milk in morning. Please give or recommend me Medicine For loss of appetite Thanks Sir for your Answer But I Am veg not Eat Eggs And Nonveg.
The tooth is made of 3 layers, each with unique characteristics and specific function, the enamel, dentin, and pulp. The enamel is the outermost layer of the tooth and gives the tooth it's hard and lustrous appearance. The enamel is thicker on the crown than the root and is the first one to be affected by tooth decay. The only symptom when the enamel is decayed is food lodgment and discoloration.
The dentin is the next layer, which is composed of minute fine tubules leading from the enamel to the living portion of the tooth, which is the pulp. Once decay progresses from the enamel, the dentin is affected, and this leads to sensitivity in the teeth. When the root portion is exposed to the oral environment, because the root is covered by a more delicate substance called cementum, more severe dental sensitivity ensues.
There is a sharp, shooting discomfort through the tooth to specific foods, such as sweet, acidic, or hot or cold foods. The main reasons for tooth sensitivity include:
- Tooth decay, both crown and root caries
- Periodontal disease and gum recession
- Tooth erosion
- Aggressive tooth brushing
- Mouth breathing
- Bruxism or night grinding
However, there are some simple ways to manage sensitivity, which can be done regularly at home.
- Toothpaste made for sensitive teeth: Potassium nitrate has been shown to block the tubules and has been included as an active ingredient in toothpastes. These are very effective, and if you are brushing twice, this can be used instead of the regular paste once.
- Brushing: Both the type of toothbrush and the brushing technique can have an impact on sensitivity. Change to softer brushes and learn the ideal way to brush your teeth. A lot of times, rough brushing can lead to erosion and subsequent sensitivity
- Rinsing: Fluoride containing rinses have been proven to reduce sensitivity
- Food habits: Even before sensitivity sets in, being cautious to avoid acidic fruits and juices can help prolong the onset of sensitivity. If possible, consuming these food stuffs should be followed by brushing or at the least a thorough rinsing
- Sealants: If a person is prone to caries (deep pits and fissures, for instance), then it is advisable to get sealants applied on the teeth. This can reduce the instance of wearing of the enamel which then leads to sensitivity
- Mouth guard: If you are a night grinder, then a mouth guard can help curtail this habit and thereby reduce sensitivity.
There you go with how to reduce sensitivity. Try these simple, easy measures and go on to enjoy the sweets or hot or cold foods that you have always craved for.
I hv drycaugh last 1 week. I tried all typ of caughsyrup n medicine. Bt no results are getting. What should I do ?
Hi meri problem ye hai ki mujhe raat ko sote waqt saase ruk jaati hai aur mai hill nahi paati fir kuch der baad sab normal ho jaata hai but body mai pain rahta hai mai kya karu.
Hello doctor my self Jagdish raikwar I am 58 year old man I have suffering from sugar problem since last six months what should I do please tell me.
I have bavasir, after 6-7 months I suffer from that. How to permanently get out of this? Pls suggest.
6 Bodily Pains You Must Never Ignore
Any pain in the body is an indication and demands attention. Some pains go away by themselves or by home treatment, while few need medical attention.
Here are 6 types of pains which should never be ignored.
- Chest Pain - Chest pain that doesn't go away and is accompanied by shortness of breath can prove to be fatal if not treated at the earliest. Do not wait for it to subside, nor should you try self medication. Consult the doctor immediately.
- Abdominal Pain - While abdominal pain could be because of various smaller reasons, if it is unbearable, consult a doctor at the earliest. This pain could be because of ruptured appendix, stomach ulcer, problems in your pancreas or gallbladder or even intestinal blockages.
- Severe Headache - Normally we tend to take headaches lightly, believing that all we need to do is pop a medicine or rest it out. However, if the pain is excruciating, consult the doctor as soon as possible.
- Prolonged Backache - If you are experiencing pain in the back with tingling in your toes, this could be associated with your discs. Give it medical attention at the earliest, as it could turn fatal.
- Lower Abdomen - Appendicitis' indicator is sharp pain on the side. If you feel a sharp pain in your lower abdomen on the right side along with symptoms like nausea, vomiting, fever, shaking, constipation and diarrhea, reach out for medical assistance as soon as possible.
- Leg Pain - Yet another pain one should not ignore is deep vein thrombosis which is blood clots in the legs? deep veins.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.