Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. SundarshanYour feedback matters!
Helo sir myself biplab das. I am sharing my father health issue regarding retina on right eye. He had done his prp laser including avastin injection on right eye. I week is over for prp laser. But after this prp laser he lost his night vision and also have blurring vision. How much time required for regain the pre treatment level vision.
After giving hot compressed treatment still my eye having that small bump. Which is knwn as chalazion.
I have a problem that, I donate go to sleep at night. There is some problem, thats why sleep is not coming in my eyes. What should I do?
Iam 21years old my eyes are some times red and when I going to sleep than will be full red of my eyes what is the problem? What can I do?
I have myopia -3.00 both eyes. Now it is stable as I am 22 years. But I feel bore using glass and if I go for lasik, will it be safe for my health? because I heard that may cause some damage.
I, srividya, (47 yrs) am getting floater problem since April 2016. I also have epilepsy problem with aura. After consulting 2 eye doctors locally there is no much improvement. They said that this floaters is not curable and my position is not so much as to give laser treatment. So my question is there any inside medicine to control the floaters or will this problem increase when the age increases and will the vision be affected? srividya from Chennai.
Hello doctor this is prahalla from Hyderabad and I'm a software professional so in 24 hours out of 10 hours I'm sitting in front of system doing programming. But past 1 month my eyes are not supporting as earlier days in a staring day in front of system doing work 4 hour s my eyes are totally Bored And I'm unable to see correctly doctor s suggest some glasses are provided but it not working properly please what should I do suggest me.
Hello Doctor, From 2 days I am feeling pain near eyebrows or under eyebrows. My eyes also I feel too much stress. I have done steam therapy also. Please suggest me the natural remedy treatment. When I sit near system, the pain starts more.
My eyes keep watering at nights and when got to check eyes get red till morning can you please give any solution.
I am feeling restless from past several days. My eyes are hurting. Is it because I'm watching too much tv?
Glaucoma is a leading cause of blindness in people across the globe. It damages the optic nerve that carries sensory images from the retina to the brain. A faulty eye pressure is responsible for damaging the very delicate optic nerve fiber causing small blind spots in the retina. Unfortunately, for most patients this disease only gets diagnosed when the number of blind spots is on the higher side.
Types of Glaucoma
- Open angle: This is a type of Glaucoma which results from the blockage of the drainage angle of the eye resulting into an increased eye pressure.
- Angle closure: This is the kind of Glaucoma which results from the narrowing down of the drainage angle leading to complete blockage.
Target segment of Glaucoma
- Family history: Inheritance surely plays a role in case of Glaucoma too. If Glaucoma runs through families of an individual, there are higher chances of getting this disease. Although there is no hard and fast rule about it, the risks of inheriting this disease are on the higher side.
- Eye injury: If there is any history of previous eye injuries, the probability of the onset of Glaucoma cannot be turned down. Specially, if the injury is related to optic nerve, there are very high risks involved.
- Bilateral Oophorectomy: Dual Ovary removal before the age of 40 results in deficiency of estrogen resulting in Glaucoma. Although most surgeons warn their patients of the possible risk of these procedures, many surgeries such as these have resulted in patients losing eyesight in the form of Glaucoma.
- Patient with Diabetes: In case of acute diabetes, retina gets damaged and the eye starts producing new blood vessels on the iris resulting into an increased eye pressure. This condition often leads to Glaucoma due to blockage of fluid flow in the eye.
- Eye Conditions: Myopia, multiple surgeries to the eye, blunt trauma etc. can lead to Glaucoma. A patient who has undergone any kind of eye surgeries suffers from inflammation. However, major inflammation is often found twisting blood flow in the eye resulting into Glaucoma.
- If a patient is 40 or above: After a person reaches 40 years of age, a lot of diseases start cropping in to the body. Studies show that Glaucoma has a higher frequency in people who is more than the age of 40 or above.
- High eye pressure: A patient with an eye pressure of above 21 mm HG is also at a very high risk of getting glaucoma. For a normal person the IOP lies between 10 to 21 mm HG.
- Blood flow related disease: Diseases such as acute migraine, hypertension and low blood pressure which involves blood flow related problem often aggravate to glaucoma.
- Ethnic Background: Statistics show that people from Afro American, Hispanics, Asian and Caribbean background have greater chances of being affected by Glaucoma.