Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sundaram
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SundaramYour feedback matters!
I am in confusion. I don't know what to do. I have two kids. My doesn't love me and his kids also. He won't spend time with family. He always want to spend with others expect with us. If he is in home he will be with mobile and laptop. He will not leave mobile for sec. He carries mobile Even he go to toilet. He always hold mobile and will be doing in mobile. He won't even speak for 5 mins with love to me. And he is so lazy. I have to do everything for him. Only bath he will do by his own other than that I have to do everything. He treats me like servant. I don't mind doing that if he show love on me. But he won't. I really want to die but I can't because I have kids they are two young and I can't imagine them with out me because definitely my husband will not take care of them if I die. And I can't go away from him with my kids. Because I don't have any assets to look after them. But if I stay like this I will go mad. Please suggest me what to do. Is there anything wrong with my mentality. Or with his mentality. How to change my life.
I am 29 years female and am suffering from constant pain near my belly button and lower abdomen. I have done all the tests as in ct scan, endoscopy, ultrasound but nothing could be diagnosed. Can this be a gastric pain? Please suggest.
Actually I started masturbate when I was 14-15 years old but now I'm 20 years old but now I stopped it before 7 months ago & now Last few weeks I noticed that I losses my Siemens unknowingly 2-3 times in a week sometimes 3-4 times & also my penis is very little. For that trust me I'm very worried about it. It can be effective for future life? Please tell me exact solution. I want a batter life please help me.
I masturbate and watch porn 2 to 3 hours once in a 10 days can it affect the brain and can cause porn induced sexual dysfunction.
Good Morning Doctor, My age is 52, I take light dinner at around 7: 00 pm but go to bed immediately after taking it. My normal sleep time is 9: 00 P.M. To 4: 30 A.M. Is it harmful to go to bed immediately after dinner, even if it is light?
An often persistent and long-lasting condition, psoriasis interferes with the life cycle of skin cells and causes them to increase rapidly on the surface of the skin. These generally appear as dry, itchy and red patches of skin having thick, silvery scales.
Psoriasis can be subdivided into the following:
- Plaque psoriasis: The most common form, characterized by dry, red skin lesions covered with silvery scales and can be seen anywhere on the body.
- Scalp psoriasis: These appear on the scalp and may extend beyond the hairline.
- Nail psoriasis: These affect the toenails and fingernails.
- Guttate psoriasis: Characterized by blister-like appearances and are stimulated by bacterial infections.
- Inverse psoriasis: Caused by fungal infections.
- Erythrodermic psoriasis: Can cover the entire body with a reddish rash that may peel.
- Pustular psoriasis: Capable of causing chills, fever and diarrhea.
The usual signs and symptoms of psoriasis include:
- Red, sensitive patches of skin
- A silvery, scaly cover
- Dry and cracked skin that may bleed when scratched or agitated
- Tiny scaling spots (witnessed in children)
- Persistent itching, soreness or burning sensation
- Ridged, thickened or pitted nails
- Stiff and swollen joints
Possible causes of psoriasis may include:
- Skin infections or strep throat infections
- Skin injuries, like cuts, bites or sunburns
- Cold weather
- Chronic alcoholism
- Certain medications such as high blood pressure medications
The following factors may further increase the risk of developing the disease:
- Fungal and bacterial infections
- Family history
Ayurveda and Psoriasis
Although the root cause of the disease is yet to be identified, according to traditional Ayurveda, the vitiation of Vata and Kapha causes psoriasis. As per ayurvedic principles, Vata and Kapha are the two basic energies that uphold the balance of our body equilibrium. Strong genetic predisposition, sun deprivation, and intense streptococcal infection on the upper respiratory tract can badly aggravate psoriasis. As per ayurveda, these conditions are strong enough to create several visible pathological changes that take place are mainly due to the accumulation of dooshi vishas or low potency poisons.
Uneven and unhealthy food habits, consumption of foodstuffs in the wrong combination (Example: dairy products with fish or chicken), too much intake of yogurt, black gram, seafood, sour or salted food stuffs, etc. can trigger the psoriasis inducing pathogenesis. Other catalysts that cause psoriasis includes stress, alcohol, and tobacco consumption
Psoriasis can be effectively treated through panchakarma therapies, which include ayurvedic treatment methods for the complete detoxification of the body, and successful elimination of harmful toxins from the body fluids.
A few health tips for psoriasis patients:
- Maintain safer distance from the possible variables that cause or aggravate psoriasis
- Practice yoga regularly. Yoga can lessen the intensity of psoriasis.
- Avoid pricking, peeling or scratching your skin.
- Make sure to pat your skin dry after washing, and avoid rubbing vigorously with towel or any rough cloth.
- Avoid artificial cleansers and use gram flour (besan flour) instead.
- Use cotton clothes
- Avoid cold water bath or immediate cleaning up right after heavy work-out, long walks, or travel.
- Avoid food stuffs that can cause indigestion.
- Avoid excessive salty and acidic food stuffs, radish, urad dal, sesame, jaggery (gur), curds, fish and other sour food stuffs that can trigger psoriasis.