Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Sundara KrishnanYour feedback matters!
I have sinusitis problem due to which I always have lots of cough which results in nose blockage, headaches, listening problem due to jammed ear tubes because of cough. This is everyday problem in all the seasons of the year. Is there any permanent remedy to cure this or at least to reduce it?
I am a teenager hand have sinus problem I can not enjoy many cold food which I want to eat please reply to my answer.
I usually get bad throat pain along with cough whenever I eat cold things like ice cream or drink cold drinks or so. Few doctors told it's tonsillitis and few told it's pharyngitis. The medicines work for a few days and again when I have something cold next time, I get same problem. Please help.
If you hear a constant ringing in your ears without any external stimulus, it is called tinnitus. The sound can also manifest as incessant roaring, hissing, buzzing or clicking. The sound can be loud or soft, low or high pitched. Tinnitus can occur in one ear, or both the ears.
Tinnitus is primarily of two types:
- Subjective tinnitus: This type of tinnitus is very common. In this type, only you are able to hear the ringing, or buzzing. The main cause of subjective tinnitus is ear problems, especially in the inner, middle and outer ear. Problems in the auditory nerves (hearing) or auditory pathways (the part in your brain that changes nerve signals into sound) can also cause subjective tinnitus.
- Objective tinnitus: In this type of tinnitus, the doctor can also hear the sound when he/she performs an examination. This type of tinnitus is rare. Muscles contractions, problems in the blood vessels or conditions in the middle ear bone can cause objective tinnitus.
Tinnitus is not a condition; it is more of a symptom of some other underlying medical condition. Tinnitus can be caused by any of the following complications-
- Hearing loss (This happens mostly among older people)
- Loud noises
- Sinus and ear infections
- Blood vessel or heart problems
- Meniere's disease (The inner ear is affected by unknown causes which lead to deafness)
- Brain tumours
- Hormonal changes(This happens mostly to women)
- Thyroid problem
- Certain medications (antibiotics, cancer medicines, diuretics, quinine medication, some types of antidepressants, aspirin)
The symptoms of tinnitus include
- You hear noises that no one else will be able to hear
- The sound can be depicted as chirping, whistling, screeching, clicking, static, hissing, buzzing, roaring, pulsing, musical or whooshing.
- The sounds can vary greatly in volume and it is most prominent at night or when your surroundings are quiet
- Loss of hearing commonly follows tinnitus. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.