Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Spine Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SundarYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am 25 year male. I am facing the problem of migraine from one year or more. Please suggest what should I do?
What is parkinson's disease. Is it curable what the reasons responsible for the disease n what treatment do you suggest to eradicate it.
Its been a month and my body heatsup from inside as if I have internal fever, and I start shivering. My head pains and eyeball starts feeling heavy with watery eyes. I showed to so many doctor but even after having medicine for a month, problem is still there. I get ok when I take medicine but comes back again. One doctor told me its allergic fiver. Other details: Stress due to ca final exam Age: 25 Sex: female Was having stone problem but get treated with medicine (before 6 months) Medicine I had: Bevon CD (1 tab after lunch) Topcid-40 (1 tab evening 7 pm before dinner) Allegra-M (1 tab at night after dinner) Please help as I am in much problem.
My wife is 28 years old. She is in coma due to hypoxic problem. Kindly advice what treatment should we follow and by what time she will come out of coma.
I am 23 years old. One year back I done the operation on my head because tumour on the brain. They successfully removed. The report is coming grade 2. Present the removed place was coming to water babul type. Why they coming water babul.
I am 21 years old. Whenever I lift heavy weight in the gym, my body starts shivering and I feel sick. What should I do for increasing energy? Y.
Sir while walking too much I feel like something is obstructing my breath I feel shakiness while walking. Feeling of numbness in brain regions.
I am 51 years old women. Height short (5") weight normal. For last 6/7 months my right hand finger tips are not working properly. They are losing strength. I still do everything but I feel these fingers will become senseless soon. I face problem to sew a cloth, to hold anything, I cannot put pressure on these finger tips. My left hand is all ok. My uric acid is normal. sugar and blood pressure is also normal. I do not have any other major problem. I have not consulted any doctor yet. What should I do.
I am 52 yrs old suffering Neurofibroma NF-2 through out my peripherial nerves, Sir my question is how can I get free from such type of genetic disorder. Doctor says it is impossible to cure. please excuse me and help me if you CAN. Regards.
I am 74 years and am feeling numbness in my foot for the last 3-4 months It is not continues it stays for 4-5 minutes and then it goes. Please let me know the DOCTOR in Gurgaon for consultation
Dear sir madam I did sex with a prostitute 3 and half month ago. I have been getting numbness and cramps in leg and hand and tingling and loose stool twice a day. After 10 of the sex .my body is not absorbing food that is malabsorption. Mymajor problem is inflammation in leg and hand joint .pls help is it a sign if hiv. I got tested for hiv rapid after 10 days of sex .it was negative.
Migraine headache is characterized by a severe headache usually affecting one side of the head. There are other symptoms along with headache like nausea/vomiting, sensitivity to light and sound. Some patients experience neurological phenomena like changes in vision, temporary loss of sensation and altered sensation, a phenomenon known as an aura (flashes of light, zigzag patterns, bright spots, tingling in the arms and the legs). Migraine headache can last for 2 to 3 days.
Symptoms: The symptoms depend on the stage of a migraine attack. The stages of a migraine attack can be:
- Prodrome, Aura, Headache or attack, and Postdrome.
- Prodorme: One to two days prior to the migraine attack, patient may experience;
- Mood swings.
- Cravings for food.
- Increased yawning.
- Stiff neck.
- Constipation and frequent thirst and urination.
In case of an aura (during or before a migraine), there may be visual, motor, speech, and sensory illusions and disturbances such as,
- Loss of vision.
- A strange sensation of needles pricking an arm or a leg.
- One side of the body becomes weak and numb.
- There are visual illusions such as the appearance of flashes of light, zigzag patterns, bright spots.
- There is a problem in hearing and speaking.
- In some cases, there may be a hemiplegic migraine (the limb becomes weak).
During a Migraine Attack (lasts for 4 to 72 hours), there may be
- A throbbing pain on either one or both sides of the head
- Blurred vision, light-headedness.
- Nausea and vomiting
- Sensitivity to light and sound
- Sensitivity to touch and smell (though rare)
In Postdrome (after a migraine), there can be
- Mood swings.
- A person may be sensitive to light and sound.
- Dizziness and weakness
- Extreme fatigue
An amalgamation of environmental and genetic factors may be responsible for a migraine. Trigger varies for each patient:
- Stress and extreme physical exertion
- Alcohol and caffeinated drinks and beverages
- Salty and processed foods
- Altered sleeping habits
- Hormonal alterations in women (Constant fluctuation in the level of oestrogen)
- Oral contraceptives and certain vasodilators (nitroglycerin)
- Preservatives like MSG (monosodium glutamate) and Aspartame (sweetener)
- Sunshine, certain odours, travel, etc can trigger migraine.
Treatment and Prevention:
- Medicines under supervision to abort an attack of migraine and special drugs to stop attacks.
- Lifestyle changes are helpful to decrease attacks:
- Other treatment options that can be availed from pain specialist:
- Transcutaneous supraorbital nerve stimulation
- Intramuscular stimulation.
- Botulinum toxin injection.
- Occipital nerve block.