Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Spine Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SundarYour feedback matters!
Your mother has often yelled at you for playing video games for long hours, but obviously you haven’t paid heed to it. Such is the obsession with video games that they don’t let you rest unless you have championed all the levels in the virtual interface. Here is the source of all problems. Studies have revealed that video games have a direct relation to neuropsychiatric problems. As a result, many health experts across the world consider video game as a kind of health abuse.
People who play action-oriented video games are at higher risks. The more you indulge in these kinds of games, the more they are going to affect the hippocampus section of your brain. It is that part of the brain which is considered to be the centre of your nervous system, memory and emotion. Reduced hippocampus volume may make person vulnerable to multiple neuropsychiatric complications. Let us see some of the signs, which may indicate the onset of certain complications arising from an over indulgence in these games.
1. You spend hours on the computer or related gaming devices and devote lesser hours for your family and friends
2. You get agitated when someone stops you midway through the game
3. You become socially isolated and show signs of occasional mood swings
4. You are unable to keep a track of time once you start playing
5. You repeatedly neglect your studies, resulting in a dip in performance at school
Why does this happen?
All of the above signs indicate that sooner or later you might develop neurological problems. When you spend an excessive number of hours on playing and navigating through the games, the ‘hippocampus’ portion of your brain shows signs of decreased gray matter. As a result, the volume of the hippocampus shrinks, causing severe nerve related disorders such as schizophrenia, Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, depression, and overall general stress.
One of the biggest reasons behind this is a lack of self-control. Most of the video games will encourage you to steal cars, run away after a theft and kill your enemies. Moreover, if you succeed, you are rewarded. This naturally unleashes a blatant urge for the gratification of all these awkward desires in your real life too. Hence, once you are encountered with the reality, you tend to show violent behavior. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My age is 24. My hands are shivering while doing sensitive works. What should I do give some suggestions to improve my energy levels.
My wife is 42 years old and she has been suffering from Migraine for the past 10 years. She takes medicines regularly but even slight change in daily routine triggers the pain and she has to take pain killer frequently. Please suggest remedies for the same.
He has brain hemorrhage. He is being given a syrup glycerol I. P. Since it was till yesterday he was able to understand a bit now he is now able to speak or get up. He does not even understand toilet sensation he does it anywhere. Is is OK to continue that medicine.
I am 18 years old boy. From the past year my fingers tremble a bit. What are its causes and what should I do now?
I have migraine from last 6 yrs. I am regularly getting a headache now and then. Now a days it has become a daily headache, from afternoon till night. This problem is from last 4 days. Please help me out. And prescribe me some medicines to take at the time of headache. Thanks.
I am a female, age 40 yrs. After I wake up in the morning my hands and part of legs get numb and there is tremendous pain in the hands and legs. But as soon as I start my daily routine in the morning, the pain tends to reduce and finally goes off. This started from a finger moving to the whole hands and now to legs. Please Advise.
My grandma is 62 years old and her left side vein has become very thin. Doctor has suggested ngo past. Please tell me what to do now?
My son (8yrs) is under medication for seizures since birth. From birth to 5 yrs he was under sodium valporate. However seizures were minimal during that period. Later he had mild seizure for which doctor recommended epilex chrono 200. But seizures continued and he was given epilex chrono 300. For few months he did not have seizures. After he had got once again seizures (for about 1 minute but aware about the things around and does not fall off) he was suggested to give epilex chrono 300 + livipil 250 (morning & night) during night frisium 5mg along with regular tablets. Even after taking higher dose his seizures seem to continue and more than earlier (more than 1 minute and falls off).
Hi good afternoon. This question is regarding my father's problem. He is now 48 years old he had fallen from coconut tree 0n 28/aug/2015. And he lost complete sensation from chest to foot from that time. he had one major surgery. Now he is doing some physiotherapy exercises and taking Ayurveda treatment. He is getting good result about his health. But not about sensation. Can you please suggest some tips to get sensation. If you want medical reports I will send them. Sir/madam please help us.
Hello doctor I am 27 years old male suffering due to depression. I also face first stroke which is similar to epilepsy before 2 years but my ctscan, eeg ,mri reports are normal ,doctor recommend me 1 etillam 0.5 capsule at night, I take it since last 4 months, is there any safe alternative to this capsule without side effect ,please help me thanks in advance.
Asperger's Syndrome has recently come under the umbrella of Autism Spectrum Disorder. This syndrome usually affects the social skills of the patient, most heavily. The patient may seem normal and even intelligent at first glance. But on closer interaction, several social skill problems will come to the fore including an obsessive focus on certain topics and issues. Repetitive behaviour is also a part of this disease.
Let us find out more about Asperger's Syndrome:
- Symptoms: The symptoms usually begin to show up early on in one's childhood. The patient will not be able to make eye contact while speaking with others. Also, a perfectly normal person may seem inordinately shy and reserved during social interactions. This awkwardness may come to the fore in the form of looking for expression cues on other people's faces and even the body language. The patient may not be a very happy and lively soul, with hardly a smile to crack at the funniest of jokes. The lack of emotions or the emotionally numb state is also a major giveaway of the condition. Other symptoms may include a strong aversion towards change in food habits and routine.
- Diagnosis: The diagnosis is usually done by mental health specialists like a developmental paediatrician, a psychiatrist, a psychologist or even a paediatric neurologist. These specialists can put the child through a variety of tests that will study the neurological health as well as the speech and emotional behaviour of the child.
- Educating the Parent: Once the diagnosis has been done, the parents of the patient will have to appraised of the condition and its implications. The symptoms and treatment will have to be duly discussed even as the parents are put through training and therapy to learn techniques with which they can help the child in progressing along more normal lines. The therapy will also help the parents deal with the challenge of living with someone suffering from this condition.
- Treatment: There are varied forms of treatment that aim at fixing the specific areas and symptoms that the patient is learning to live with. Social skills training, speech and language therapy, CBT or Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and other forms of treatment can help the child overcome many symptoms that come from this condition.
In the course of the treatment, it is important for the child, parent and therapist concerned to realise that there is no single approach that can be applied to all patients suffering from Asperger's Syndrome. Individual care and therapy will be required for individual cases. At the same time, most of the skills will need to be repeated at home so that the child takes them more seriously.