Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. SundarYour feedback matters!
I am 19 yeqr old girl there is a problem that whenever I get stressed my right hand becomes senseless , wat I am suppose to do.
Dear Doctors, Does extensive work during the month of fasting adds stress to our body and, may result in fatigue/headache migraine?
I have headache for a long time, when I am stressed or I have more work in hot atmosphere. I fear that I am suffering from migraine. Can you please guide me?
My aunt has insomnia and anxiety. She doesn't feel good at home, She is 42 years old house wife. Can you please suggest me some remedy,
1) BACK PAIN:- I'm suffering from back pain since giving birth to my baby boy in 2013. The pain is now increasing day by day. 2) MIGRAINE/SINUSITIS:- I'm also suffering from blocked nose, headache on one side of my head even before my marriage & its still persisting & it'/s also increasing more. Now my age is 26 yrs & i'm housewife.
Hi. I'm 26 and I want to know about body tremors. I have low blood pressure and sometimes my hands tremble so much but during the past one year I've also experienced body tremor. When I ask my relatives they semi to not see it. But inside I can feel my body is not stable at all. Especially in the morning when I wake up I experience tremor. Pls enlighten.
Hi Dr. I hav epilepsy since last many years. I am taking medicines of zenoxa OD 450 right now. Earlier I was taking zenoxa OD 600 and 900 under my Dr. (neurologist) guidance in last one year. So Dr. I just want to know is it this decease curable and is there is any chances that the seizures will not occur if I stop medicines after consulting with my Dr? Please make me aware about it. Thanks in advance.
My daughter 18 is suffering from cerebral palsy. Not able to stand though lot of exercises. Botox also given a number of times.
How to cure completely my head migraine? Any tablets? I am now using flunipar 10 mg. It gives me many side effects such as body pain, sleepy,no clear eye sight. So please suggest me a gud way to cure my head migraine.
Please suggest the tips for migraine headache Rarely I get migraine pain. Generally I use migranil tablet to control my pain Kindly suggest the food I have to take and any exercises. Etc.
I am suffering from sleep paralysis since 4 years. I don't have over weight problem. Whenever I sleep it often occurred and I could not move and speak and reduce breathing. So can you please suggest me what kind medicine that I should use?
Insomnia is a disorder where a person has difficulty sleeping. One can have problem falling asleep or staying asleep for long. Some people also have disturbed sleep. This can be a major problem as due to lack of sleep one feels tired and fatigued all day.
Recurring cases of insomnia hamper your daily activities and interfere with the smooth functioning of your life. Therefore, this condition should not be ignored and treated immediately.
Here are the various ways to treat insomnia:
Non-Medical (Cognitive and Behavioral treatment)
Several psychological and behavioral techniques can be used for the treatment of insomnia. Many of these methods can be easily self-taught and others require a therapist to be carried out properly.
- Relaxation training, which is also called progressive muscle relaxation involves the patient to tense and relax his muscles systematically in various parts or regions of the body. Relaxation techniques, such as breathing exercises, various forms of meditation, mindfulness and guided imagery are used for treating insomnia people. The use of audio recordings for guidance in these techniques is quite popular.
- Stimulus control enables building an association between the bedroom and sleep. This is done by limiting several kinds of activities done in a bedroom. This may include going to bed only when very sleepy and leaving bed if you cannot sleep within twenty minutes. A strict bedtime and wake up time schedule has to be maintained.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy or CBT involves changes in behavior like maintaining a strict sleep time schedule, elimination of afternoon naps and other habits related to sleep. A cognitive component is also added to this method. Unhealthy beliefs and fear regarding sleep are challenged and positive, rational thinking is encouraged. CBT is a very effective procedure for treating insomnia and the track record regarding success is high.
- Changes in lifestyle are required to treat insomnia and prevent recurrence of insomnia, you should change certain habits and start some new practices. You should limit your intake of caffeine, alcohol and nicotine. Do not consume coffee or tea before going to sleep and avoid smoking. The habits may be stimulating and will keep you awake. Your diet should be balanced. You should avoid having rich and spicy food before going to bed. Avoid late meals and maintain a proper schedule for meals. Regular exercise can improve the symptoms of insomnia and you should try to work out every day.
Medical Treatment: There are many forms of medicines, which can treat insomnia. This includes over-the-counter medicines, as well as prescribed medicines. The type of medicine required completely depends on the severity and symptoms of your insomnia and other factors related to health. Therefore, you must consult a doctor before having any kind of medicine for treating insomnia.
The most common medicines for insomnia, which are usually prescribed by doctors are benzodiazepine hypnotics, non-benzodiazepine hypnotics and melatonin receptor agonists. However, medicines should only be taken after consulting with a specialist. Insomnia not only affects your health but also interferes with all your daily activities. Proper treatment should be taken to treat the same. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.