Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. SundarYour feedback matters!
Under my both feet When I run or jump a step I feel like current Is it nerve problem? Its like burning feeling for a second.
Hi. From past nearly 6months I'm not getting proper sleep at night. From past 3 months it got worse I'm not at all getting sleep till 5 r 6 in morning. I hardly having 4 - 5 hrs sleep in a day. When I consulted physician he suggested me zolasma 5mg to have it at 10pm for 14days which will reset my sleep cycle. But when I'm having that tablet I'm sleeping for 14 - 16hrs a day which is making me feel numb whole day. Can someone tell me whether this things causes any affect for my health? And what should I do to get back to normal sleep cycle?
My hands are shivering from last three months after having sex with my girl friend can give me the right suggestion to cure this thing.
I am feeling numbness in my right hand index finger for over two months. I mostly work with computers; also I suffer from vitamin b12 and d deficiency, for which I regularly take b12 supplement and taken vitamin d (60, 000 unit) 8 tablets in last couple of months, despite this medication the numbness persists. What else I can do for this?
I got a minor seizure 3 years back while working. I consulted same with neurologist and he performed EEG and asked to take medication for 3 years so he started Epilex chrono 300. During this period I gained around 30 kg weight, Hairfall, temporary confusion, and sexual disorders. Now after successful completion he performed EEG again and asked to reduce the dosage and medication will be stop by next 3 months gradually. Now once my medication will get stop, I will be completely fine? And what about these side effects it will be cured automatically or do I have to start course for them also.
Migraine is a type of headache which can occur in varied intensities; the pain resulting from a migraine is pulsating and throbbing. This sort of a headache is usually accompanied by extreme sensitivity to sounds and light as well as severe nausea. One feature that significantly differentiates between migraine and any other type of headache is that the headache resulting from migraines usually develops on any one side of the head.
Causes of Migraine
The exact cause behind migraine is yet to be fully understood. Migraines are thought to be a result of combination of genetic and environmental factors.In majority of cases, migraines tend to run in families . There are few well known trigger factors for migraine. These are – stress, exertion, gastric disturbances, eating heavy food stuff, taking alcoholic drinks, coffee intake, hormone changes in females.
Symptoms of Migraine
The most characteristic symptom of migraine is one sided headache mostly of violent, throbbing and pulsating in nature. The accompanying symptoms include nausea, vomiting, blurring of vision, flashes of light before eyes, double vision, light/sound sensitivity, confusion and weakness.
Homeopathy is not in the favour of using temporary treatments like popping a painkiller to alleviate the throbbing, pulsating and often intolerable pain caused from migraine. Homeopathy aims at going deep down into the root of the problem and entirely removes the tendency of any patient to be shot with migraine headaches every now and then. That is why homeopathic medications may take some time in showing results. They do not offer any temporary relief like most allopathic treatments do. On the other hand, homeopathic medicines offer a long term relief and can cure the migraine problem permanently.
Though homeopathic treatments vary from person to person, there are a few homeopathic medicines, which are very effective in relieving migraine headaches.
- Belladona for throbbing migraine attack: Belladonna is one of the most effective homeopathic medicines for treating migraine headache that is throbbing and violent in the temporal region of the head. If pain gets triggered without any prior prodromal symptoms and worsens by noise, touching and light, then Belladona is potent in removing the pain. This medicine is also good if you are unable to lie down because of pain and if your face turns red and hot when you are struck with excruciating pain. Have a few drops of Belladona and apply a mild pressure to feel better.
- Glonoine for migraine with congestive headache: When you are struck with congestive headache, a rush of blood reaches the head region causing redness in face and head area with intolerable throbbing pain. You may even feel shocks around the head which get aggravated when exposed to heat or sunlight. It becomes impossible to tolerate any kind of warmth, and you may feel a bit relieved when you uncover the head. If you are affected with congestive headache, then consuming Glonoine can be of immense help.
- Natrum Mur for migraine from grief and stress: This medicine is widely used for alleviating migraine caused from stress and grief. Natrum Mur is also effective in alleviating anaemic headaches, which mostly affect young women. It often leads to temporary sightlessness, and the pain feels as if thousands of small hammers are being throbbed within the brain. The pain tends to rise up after through the day, and the patient may feel better after sunset. If the pain gets triggered when the eye is strained, then Natrum Mur is the medication for you.
As you see, homeopathic treatments are great for reducing migraine attacks and your doctor will be able to guide you better on this matter. Homoeopathy treats each patient of Migraine by individualization and thus treats the root cause of migraine which could be Sun, stress, exertion etc. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
My son suffering migrane problem since last 4 years. I have taken treatment of ayurvedic, homeopathic and as well as alopethic but all in vein. Please advise in the matter.
I have migraine what should I do to cure my migraine and what type of medicine I take to overcome my migraine.
I underwent a blood test. After the needle was inserted I fainted and the blood also did not come out. On the other hand nerve was not visible so did not try out. I have a swelling kind of a knot at that location. Also it pains. I generally feel very tired, have problems in concentrating and suffer with tingling in legs and slight memory problems. Please help.
Sir my muscles are shaking without my permission and vibrating slowly also my fingers are shaking at certain times. This is happening since 2 years what's the problem. Also when I walk through 3 floors top by stairs my heart is beating very heavily, also I am getting tired all time.
My son aged 13 years, an autistic and epilectic patient, doctor prescribed him to take famocid 40, addwize, lamitor dt, velparine syrup to prevent seizures for 3 and 1/2 years. Please advise me how to cure completely my son forever ? pradip lahiri, siliguri, west bengal, india.
I have spinal cord problem since 2 years and present time numbness in my left & right both the legs and sometime when I walking then I have pain in my right ankle.
I have a migraine problem in right brain. Please tell me ayurvedic remedies. I am not sure that it's a migraine problem. May be it some type of symptom also of that. It pained at noon time. It is from 4 years.
My daughter is suffering with seizures and she was advised encorate chorono 500mg by the doctor but despite this seizure could not be controlled. Please prescribe any remedy/medicine to control her seizure she is of 25 years and little bit retarded too. Thank you
Insomnia is the condition of acute sleeplessness, and it takes a heavy toll on your mood, your energy levels, and your ability to concentrate and work during the day. Some of the most common symptoms of the condition are:
- You find it difficult to fall asleep even if you are tired
- Once you wake up in the middle of the night, you cannot get back to sleep
- You cannot work or concentrate on anything during the day
- You stay mostly fatigued, or irritated throughout the day
- You have to depend on pills or alcohol to fall asleep.
- You wake up very early in the morning, no matter how late you sleep
What could be the causes for insomnia?
Insomnia might last just a few days if it is induced by some temporary cause, like stress at your workplace, or any other personal issue you can be facing. However, when the cause is a long rooted one, insomnia might persist for a long time. There can be a mix of many causes for that to happen:
- Psychological stress or other emotional discomforts - Common psychological problems like anxiety, depression, chronic work stress, grief, and also bipolar disorder can be the causes for insomnia.
- Illness or other medical problems - There can be many medical causes or other illnesses at the root of insomnia like allergies, acute asthma, hyperthyroidism, Parkinson’s disease, kidney related diseases and cancer as well.
- Medications - There can be many drugs, which might be prescribed by your doctor, but still be responsible for insomnia. These include antidepressants, corticosteroids like thyroid hormone medicines, few blood pressure medications, certain contraceptives and stimulants for ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder).
- Sleep Disorders - Insomnia, though in itself is a sleep disorder, can also be the symptoms for other sleep disorders like sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome, and other disorders related to jet lag or if you are working on a late night shift.
In addition to these causes, some daily lifestyle habits might act as triggers to insomnia, which include:
- Consumption of large amounts of caffeine on a regular basis
- Developing irregular sleep schedules
- Taking your smartphone to bed and ending up spending a lot of time with it in the night
- Eating late in the evening
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist and ask a free question.