Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. SundarYour feedback matters!
migraine-: ayurvedic view
Migraine headaches are commonly defined as episodic or recurrent severe headaches, typically of a throbbing or stabbing nature, usually on one side of the head, the neck or behind the eye.
~~migraine pain commonly lasts for about 6 to 48hrs.
~~migraine is triggered by some factors which result in excessive stimulation (constriction and sudden dilatation) of blood vessels in the head.
~~migraine may or may not be preceded by an aura; aura may cause visual disturbances such as flashing lights, zig-zags, sparkles or blurring of a visual field.
Improper metabolism, suppression of natural urges, anger, jealousy, grief, poor elimination, intake of dry, pungent and salty food, intake of polluted food, mental and physical stress, viewing of tv for long periods, reading with insufficient light, sleeplessness etc.
B. Origin of migraine headaches:
Due to the causative factors, pitta dosha obstructs the flow of vata dosha in the brain, causing throbbing pain.
C. Pain management-:
1. Avoiding the cause and trigger factors.
2. Keeping a diary record of specific foods were eaten, environmental exposure, sleep patterns may help to identify personal trigger factors.
3. Sneha nasya therapy at home-: sneha nasya, instillation of medicated oils to the nostrils by shadbindu tailam or anu tailam yield significant benefits.
4. Apply a paste of freshly ground clay or freshly ground sandalwood to the forehead, let dry, rub off by hand and wash.
5. Mix a quarter teaspoon of clove powder with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon oil. Apply this paste on the affected area for 20-30 minutes.
6. Add chamomile powder to 1 cup of boiling water. Transfer the liquid to a cup. Drink when hot. It gives fast relief from migraine.
7. Take half glass of carrot juice. Add half glass of spinach juice. Mix well. Drink this juice twice daily.
8. Grind 10-12 grains of black pepper and 10-12 grains of rice with water to make it a paste. Apply this paste on the affected area of the head for 15-20 minutes.
9. Sugar powder 16 parts, vamshalochana 8 parts, pippali (long pepper) 4 parts, ela (cardamom) 2 parts, cinnamon - 1 part. Make fine powder and mix it, keep in tight moisture-free container. Take half teaspoon thrice daily with honey.
11. According to Ayurveda virechan (laxative therapy) is an effective way to reduce excess pitta. Castor oil or warm milk with ghee or triphla at bedtime is helpful.
12. Practicing meditation is highly recommended.
13. Morning and evening walk followed by brisk exercise is recommended.
14. Avoid hard physical exertional exercises and aggressive sports competitions.
15. Avoid working for long hours continuously; take short breaks. Have a good night's sleep (8hrs) in a dark room.
~~apple, mango, papaya, cheeku, guava.
~~salad 1hr before lunch, 1hr before dinner.
~~buttermilk, boiled rice sauted with cinnamon, cumin seeds and garlic or asfoetida are good in the daytime.
~~have warm and easily digestible foods, boiled and steamed vegetables, soups, vegetable juices, porridge, brown rice and whole-wheat flour.
~~avoid yogurt, especially at night.
~~avoid refined, oily, spicy, cold, sour foods (fermented, pickled) and stale food, aerated drinks.
~~avoid coffee, tea, alcohol, smoking.
~~avoid cheese, chocolate and wine.
E. Yogasanas and pranayama:
Hastapadasana, setu bandhasana, marjariasana, paschimottanasana, bhastrika and anulom-vilom pranayama.
Note: when suffering from a migraine attack:
~lie down in a dark, quiet place and get some sleep.
~~drink only water.
~~apply hot or cold compresses.
~~ consult doctor
I am having problem of shivering hands since five years. I do not even drink. My hands kept shivering continuously. I feel ashamed in front of my friends and relatives.
I am suffering from epilepsy for th past 10 years taking eptoin 200 mg BD, topaz 25 mg BD and clonazepam 2-4 mg SOS in case of a seizure. I do get seizures inspite of these meds. Besides all of this I am suffering from insomnia hypersomnia circadian rhythm disorder borderline GAD mild delusional psychosis MDD and ADHD. The only medicines that I am taking for all of these psychological problems is quetiapine 200 mg at bedtime which does not cause any sleep. Insomnia is a very very big problem for me. I stay awake for 24-30-40-50 hrs without getting any sleep. Alprax calmpose quitipite phenergan trazodone meloset zolfresh tramacip lopez none of these meds work in prescribed doses. I have to take 3-4 pills to dose off. The only sleeping medicine that works is Mirnite (mirtazapine) 30 mg. I don't take it cause it causes drastic weight gain. My family doc has told me to consult a good neuropsychiatric. I reside in dwarka new delhi Please suggest a gppd one nearby if its possible. Thank you Nalin.
Itching problem near anus and skin colour changed to black is this any disease r psoriasis explain me.
My mother is suffering from meningioma diagnosed before 1 week through MRI. But doctors said that it is not a problem because it is small and found in mri sometimes in everyone. Is it a serious case? Or need consulting another neuro surgeon? Thanks in advance She has severe headache frequently now a days Is this happening due to meningioma? Mri report as follows Extra axial mass lesion in the right occipital convexity and a broad base towards dura Subtle hyperintensity in the left putamen ischemic or metabolic etiosy.
My friend is suffering from brain tumor and she is now admitted in hospital for surgery. And the first stage surgery failed bcs the stitch broke and blood flowed very high. And she was to have a second time also. Will anything bad happen or. Will she could overcome it and be safe. please help.
I have never problem While sleeping my legs automatically vibrates. What is my problem actually? What is the solution? Help me.
I am a 25 year old and have a headache since last 2.5 months. I have already seen doctors and they told that symptoms match to those of a migraine. I have already taken migraine medicines for over a month. But yet I encounter headache, heavy headedness and nausea daily. I don't understand why is it continuous? How to lower the frequency. I cannot concentrate at my work, at my study. I was going gym for some while which I have quit. My lifestyle is fine but again I always feel tired. Whenever I am alone I feel weirdly lonely and cry often. Are the continuous headaches because of migraine or is there a possibility that I am under depression. I have experienced many lows including a breakup, failure at a competitive exam recently. Should I consult a neurologist or a psychologist. I am not really a weak heart-ed person but I am really worried about my health, my current attitude and my future if things does not change. Kindly suggest.
Is there any possibility of surgery of brain tumor in brain stem glioma of grade 3 anaplastic astrocytoma after completing radiotherapy and going on chemotherapy.
When I hold something with my left hand it starts shaking slowly. But the right hand is ok. What is the problem?
I am 19 years old female nd suffering from migraine last 1 year. firstly I take alophty medicine but now I take homeopathy can ther any way to relief from desires.
I depressed rarely but when I get depressed I feel that my blood pressure goes down my fingers start to shiver and I get fear. I depressed on a few matters like for my carrier and my relationship I tried to control but the more I think about that the more I get depressed. I tried a lot to not to think about that but I failed to control every time. What can i do please suggest me.
I suffered from acute brain hemorrhage in the right basil ganglia with mild surrounding edema about 1 month ago. I want to ask about the precautions to be taken during my recovery period? Should I be consuming alcoholic items or tobacco related items such as 'zarda' or pan masala. Kindly help me in achieving my recovery status back to normal as soon as possible. What food items should I avoid and what to eat so that I can maintain better health! Thanks in advance.
Diabetic since 8 years. Blood sugar & glycogenated hb within normal limits. On sitagliptin 100mg o d, metformin 1 gm bd, glimipride 2 mg hs, methcobalamin 1500 micro gms od, pregabalin 150 mg od. I have parasthesia of soles of feet & numbness of soles since a wk. Please advise.
I am 42 year man, my problem is that I having a tremor in my both hand while taking thing it get vibrate,
I' ve been experiencing pins and needles radiating from nape of my neck to left finger. Especially to my left index finger. It' s quite uneasy feeling which makes me to wake up middle of the night. I' m also having burning sensation on the neck region. Pls guide me
Heavy medication is often not required to treat fatigue. Homeopathy is an effective approch to deal with fatigue as it stimulates the body to heal itself. In most cases, simply replenishing phosphate cell salts in the body can have a beneficial effect and give you more energy. These salts help regulate disturbances in the constitution of a person at a cellular level. Phosphorus salts or phosphate compounds can be found in our body fluids, tissues and organs. These salts are essential for energy production, communication between cells and other regulatory responses. It is also vital for healthy bones, teeth and membrane structures.
Take a look at these five cell salts and how they can revitalize you and help fight fatigue.
- Calcarea phosphate: This compound is a building block cell salt. It is essential for the healthy growth of teeth, bones and blood cells. It helps with a number of conditions created by structural stress and helps fight tiredness and restlessness. It is also a beneficial tonic for children exhausted by long periods of mental exertion such as studying.
- Ferrum phosphate: This is an iron compound that is critical to the health of blood cells. By fighting cold, cough and slight fever in the initial phase, it keeps the body healthy and helps build up the immune system. When alternated with calcarea phosphate, the iron in this cell salt is absorbed more easily. Thus Ferrum phosphate can also help regulate the hemoglobin levels in the blood and reduce physical weakness and fatigue.
- Kali phosphate: This potassium and phosphorus compound is considered as a nerve nutrient cell salt. It can be used to treat agitation and depression by calming the nerves. It also fastens the healing of damaged nerve structures. It can also help treat insomnia that follows a day of excitement and physical strain.
- Magnesium phosphate: This is an antispasmodic cell salt and is also known as the homeopathic asprin. It is essential for well structured muscles and their connective tissues. Magnesium phosphate helps muscles move smoothly and can be used to treat minor spasms, radiating pains and to relieve pen up tension and cramps. It can also ease painful menstrual cramps.
- Natrum phosphate: The body depends on this compound to break down acids and help with the digestive system. Thus this is considered as an acidity cell salt, which also helps with issues like headache, muscle ache, stiffness and fatigue.