Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Assistive Walking Device Training
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Paralysis
Submit a review for Dr. SundarYour feedback matters!
What are the symptoms of sinus headache and migraine? Actually some doctors said I have migraine and some said it's sinus I'm confused.
I am 21 year old man.In daily basis I am doing one or two time hand shake. And I want to leave my this habits. I can't control it mor than 3 days. What should I do doctor. Is it harmful for future or not.
There is a distinct relationship between sleeping disorders and your emotional health, both influence each other. Insomnia is a common sleeping disorder, which is generally caused due to stress and tension. Depression and anxiety also account for insomnia. It has been proven by research that people who experience sleeplessness or cases of insomnia are at a higher risk of depression and similar psychiatric disorders.
Insomnia is an important factor which causes depression and many people affected by it commit suicide. Researchers have found dysfunctional activity in the area of the brain where emotions are processed and regulated, among people with insomnia. Their study explains the mechanism by which insomnia affects and influences emotions in people, which leads to depression and other disorders.
The ways in which insomnia affects your emotions
- There is a clear difference in the brain activities of people with insomnia when compared with normal people who get good sleep. There is usually a great difference between the activities of the amygdala, which are neurons in the temporal lobe of the brain. The amygdala is very important in regulation and processing of emotions.
- Insomnia disrupts the ability of the brain to process negative emotions.
- Neural change and problems with regulating emotions are also caused because of insomnia.
- Insomnia disables the ability of judging or sensing any kind of emotion by looking at the face of a person. It is difficult to judge emotions such as anger and sadness in people suffering from insomnia. This impairment occurs more in women.
- Insomnia and similar sleeping disorders affect our inhibition and disrupt our impulse control mechanism. An insomniac person is likely to develop increased impulsiveness to negative stimulus.
- People suffering from insomnia develop a perception towards negative stuff and perceive most things in a negative way, rather than looking at the bright side which a normal person tends to do. People affected by insomnia are characterized by a negative mood and are pessimists in nature.
- A sleep deprived or insomniac patient shows greater activity around the limbic area of the brain. This is the area where major emotional regulation and processing are undertaken.
- A person suffering from insomnia develops a cranky personality. The patient is in an irritable mood and is triggered by the slightest and pettiest of circumstances. An insomniac patient is also characterized by swinging moods, high temper and general fatigue, which result due to lack of sleep.
Insomnia is a sleeping disorder which directly affects a person's emotions and the processing and regulation of emotions. There is a direct and important link between insomnia and emotional disorders. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Two days back while travelling in ac car, I felt numbness in my body as no strength in my hands and legs. Later I started having breathing problem also. I had to stop and with the help of my wife and driver I was put on ground. With little massage and two glass of water with sugar and salt, I was given. I started feeling better in 10 minutes. I visited near by doctor in that village. My bp was 130/90 and sugar 150. Again after 30 mins I visited another doctor, there my bp was 120/80. Ecg normal. He said it is because of dehydration. And advised for gloucose with water since I was not having nousea. I rest followed his instructions and drive back comfortably yesterday night. My age is 48 and wt. 65 kgs. I was never on any medication. I smoke about 10-12 cigarettes a day and I take alcohol 2-3 drinks. Please advise me do I need to take further some tests as I has left me bit worried.
My arms and thighs got numb more often when I was asleep. Once I have checked my blood pressure as well but it was all normal. I am confuse now. Because this happens now more frequently.
I have medical exam in few days. My hands tend to shiver a lot. I am really afraid I may not clear my medical exam. It affects my career. please help me. Suggest me Dos and don'ts.
Do you have any symptoms like snoring, interrupted sleep, unrefreshened sleep, morning headaches, daytime sleepiness etc, if yes it further supports the diagnosis.
It is a condition characterised by obstruction of upper airway especially during sleep due to lax airway and narrowing of airway due to obesity.
Basically, obstruction of upper airway leads to temporary stoppage of respiration, increased sympathetic drive and increased pulse rate. Also, other reason for pulse rate rise is deconditioning as you are not accustomed to activities.
ENT examination if you have any symptoms of nasal stuffiness, recurrent tonsillitis to rule nasal causes of obstruction.
Thyroid function test
Lipid profile and sugar, hba1c
Polysomnography which is sleep study to confirm the diagnosis and extent of disease, pressure of cpap needed.
In treatment, first thing weight loss. You need to have low fat, calorie diet in order to loose weight. Cure for this is weight loss.
Secondly, cpap which is mask and device, and pressure during inspiration and expiration during sleep in order keep your airways patent and avoid this from happening.
Also, regular exercises is very important. Chest physiotherapy and yoga will be helpful.