Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sumitra ManiYour feedback matters!
I am confused whether to give my 7 month old son flu vaccine as it is listed as optional in the vaccination schedule. I live in kolkata and have not seen anyone suffering from influenza in the near past in my area. Please advise.
Baby is 1 month old now and Need remedy for rashes at bottom part .cries to much whenever pass gas and stool .not able to sleep properly from past two week.
Hello Our baby is one month old. From last 5-7 days she is passing urine after long hours like 5-6 hours. She is having cough also and her nose is also a bit jam. She also takes out her tongue very frequently with a lot saliva. She is also taking less feed. She takes very less feed and she keeps sleeping all the time and avoids feed for 3-4 hours. She takes very less feed and then again goes back to sleep. Please advice.
My 9 months baby boy is of 7.6 kg and very poor in having food, milk and sleeping 10 hours only. please advice how he can gain weight.
My son put his finger in rectum when he goes to do poop. Is it safe or not. He always poop in standing position.
My daughter is just 2 months old. She has a preference for putting her head towards the right side. While I turn it to the left every now and then, she keeps it there for a short while and turns back to her right. I'm now noticing a slight difference in the shape on the left and right. She doesn't like to use a horse shoe pillow and gets rashes with the mustard seed pillow. Will the shape of her head become permanent as it is now or will it change and get well rounded once she's sitting up and moving around more. I have received mixed responses to this, hence wanted to check.
A. Nutrition deserves special attention during pregnancy because of increased demand and specific role of different nutrients for the baby during pregnancy.
B. A woman whose diet is adequate before pregnancy is usually able to come out with full term pregnancy
Without elaborate modifications of her diet and lifestyle. For example, in diabetes, incidence of structural defects can be reduced to nil by bringing the blood glucose level under good control couple of months before conceiving.
C. Maternal nutrition taken during pregnancy are very important in supporting breastfeeding. Breast milk is best and complete food for baby during first four months as it also provides antibodies for protection against many infections.
D. Undernourished mothers are prone to delivery before nine months.
So, take good care of your health during pregnancy.
My baby is 7 month old and still he does not take good sleep at night, he used to wakes up every 2 hr for feeding. We are giving lactogen 2. Pls advice.
My 1.3 year old baby has made weight fall on his both legs, orthopedicIan said there is no fracture and given imol syrup but he is not able to walk properly. What to do. By when he will walk properly.
My son Aged 11 years is behaving abnormally. He is showing rigidity towards his demand and always says I will go to somewhere else if his demand not fulfilled. He also use abusive word to his mother etc. Pls suggest. Is it symptom of psychological problem or its normal.
What should we give to 2 years old baby in his diet and also which meal should give them a proper balanced diet?
Stomach aches or abdominal pains are one of the most frequently reported health complaints faced by children. Children below the age of twelve are known to suffer from recurrent stomach pain. While pains such as these lead to momentary discomfiture, they also lay the path for graver worries if neglected for too long. Your child may feel sick and bunk school for two days; rest and home care can restore his or her health, but that in no way, is the best suited way of dealing with the situation. If tummy aches resurface over a certain period of time, parents should be cautious enough to look for the root cause and should try to eliminate it accordingly.
Widely noticed causes of stomach aches in children:
- Unhygienic food can affect the child’s digestive system.
- Intolerance to a certain food item should not be overlooked.
- Perpetual anxiety can make the tummy twist and turn.
- Urinary Tract Infections can also lead to acute abdominal pain.
- Serious factors such as gallstones or appendicitis could also be present. Immediate expert consultation is advised in such a case.
- Caffeine and packaged soft drinks can be harmful.
- Butter, ghee and other greasy products can trigger tummy aches.
Ways to treat tummy aches in children:
- Keep children away from gas producing food items: Food that is hard to digest should be avoided. Don’t let your child have too many nuts regularly.
- Keep them hydrated: Fluid intake should be monitored. A child should drink at least six to seven glasses of water per day. Fruit juices or soups can also be given to them alongside main meals. This helps digestion.
- Do not stack up food in one go: Eating a lot in one meal is a bad way of satisfying hunger. Have smaller meals in more numbers. Six to eight meals will keep your child full and will also eliminate chances of acid reflux which happens either due to an empty stomach or too much piling up of greasy food.
- Timely check - up with the doctor: If tummy aches refuse to go away, take your child to a doctor for a thorough check- up. Administer medicines as prescribed by the physician.
- Regular deworming every 6 month ensures a good appetite and well-being.