Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. SumithraYour feedback matters!
Hi Am 33 years old, am feeling back pain, and throat infection like, pain and kafa problem, daily journey 70 km by the car, in the morning cant wakeup from the bed, heavy pain at spinal
मेरी कमर में नितम्ब से थोड़ा ऊपर दर्द रहता है लगातार तो नही पर झटके से लगते है दर्द के। कृपया करके कोई इलाज़ बताइये
Hi, Long back I met with an accident on my right leg Its has been operation and I put up the Stainless Steel rod has fixed in my right leg. From some times I getting pain on my left leg that's on thighs knee so wat should I do. I do exercise everyday wen I fold me leg it's start paining.
My Mother is Feeling a pain in her joint and his back for quite sometime. She has tried all the home remedies and the alopathic treatments? Is it the time to go for homoeopathic treatment ?
Sir, I was affected with bells palsy following severe neck pain/nerve pain back side of right ear and taking physiotherapy since one week on face on doctor's advice with wysolone and herpikind medicines. Now no neck pain. Kindly advise for better medication.
Hi I am shekhar. Now a days I am getting fatty. Overweight so I am tried to lose my fat and doing exercise and running but during running my both lower legs paining badly so I want to know it is normal or I have to stop running.. please help me give me some suggestions.. I am waiting for your reply.. Thanks.
Knee pain. Using patanjali Peedantak tablets and Peedantak tel . Any side effect. Is there home remedy. Regards.
I am suffering from a pain in the inner side of the knee, due to what my physician tells me is a ligament tear during exercise. Pain is not lessening inspite of ice pack application since last ten days. What should I do?
A Tennis elbow is a painful condition that affects the tendons due to a condition known as tendinitis, which causes inflammation. This condition will end up restricting the free movement of the elbow and the arm due to the pain and stiffness that it causes. This is due to the fact that these tendons are the tough band of connective tissues that hold the muscles and the lower arm with the bone. Repeated gripping motions and continued tugging as well as activities like weight lifting, tennis, squash and other like carpentry, painting writing and typing, can lead to this condition.
Here are a few methods of treatment and the questions that revolve around them.
- Do I have to restrict my movements: Yes, when you have tennis elbow, the very first thing you must do is to give rest to the tendons by curbing those activities that have caused the condition or those which can aggravate the pain and stiffness. Lifting heavy objects, gripping things for prolong periods, other physical pursuits like tennis and other games and more will need to stop so that you do not stretch, strain or pull the tissue.
- Can I take pain killers: Yes, you can take pain killers like ibuprofen and acetaminophen in case the pain is unbearable? Always ensure that an orthopaedic specialist takes a look at your arm before prescribing the medicines to you.
- Is an ice compress good for this pain: You can use the RICE method for acute pain that is less than 72 hours old. For more persistent pain, you must see a doctor. The RICE method refers to Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation. In this method, you can keep your arm elevated and give it rest. You can also use an ice compress and keep it tightly wound with an elastic bandage so as to avoid swelling.
- Can I take injections for this condition: Corticosteroid injections may be used for very severe cases. This contains the cortisol hormone and can give good results in the short run.
- Are there any non invasive methods for treatment: You can try non-invasive procedures like shock wave therapy which will help in fixing the pain and promote motion gradually. This procedure is usually conducted with the help of shock waves that are passed to the skin.
- Is exercising a complete no no: In this case, many orthopaedic surgeons and doctors will ask you to go through physiotherapy so that you can get used to movements and motion after prolonged pain. These exercises will also strengthen the muscles of the area.
Talk to your doctor if the pain is particularly debilitating and discuss surgery for the same.