Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. SumithraYour feedback matters!
I am 68, male, from last 2 months shooting pain in right buttock which radiates between knee and ankle, aggravates in walking, tingling, had a fall hitting right hip, lifted weighty bag, diagnosed pinched Sciatic nerve. Not much help in heating or TENS, taken steroids for 2 weeks, Wegalin, Is it Peripheral Neuropathy What you suggest, Medicines? Rest? Exercise?
I have painful blister-like sores around my vagina on a couple on my vaginal lips and I'm wondering a. How I can ease the pain/get rid of them and b. What they are. Just to give a background on the last few weeks: I got a particularly back strain of tonsillitis a few weeks ago and was put on very.
Sir wt is the best way to cure joint problem like if someone is lacking in grease problem of joint grease is not enough how to make grease through natural way.
I am 37 and fractured pelvis right side during an accident. After consulting with doctor. He advice me to bed rest of 20 days with traction right leg. But after 15 daysmy left leg swollen from hip to anckle. What is cause of this and what do I do ? Please advice me.
I just suffered from an accident and my left hand has been fractured. Doctors has putting rod in my hand. I want you to tell how can I become healthy earlier. What should I ate to gain calcium.
Iam 31 years old male and I have left hand shoulder pain in last 30 days. So pls tell me wat should I do?
My mother has saviour pain starting from her c3 and extended till her arm nerve. She also have a swelling form just fellow her neck. Please suggest something.
ACL Surgery is basically Anterior Cruciate Ligament reconstruction, which is carried out for patients suffering from damaged ligaments which can lead to stiffness, pain and decreased mobility among a host of other symptoms and ailments. This kind of surgery aims at repairing the ACL with the use of grafts taken from other parts of the patient’s body. These grafts are used to replace the damaged ligaments.
Read on to know what you can expect in the recovery phase following an ACL surgery.
- Rehabilitation exercises: The rehabilitation process starts right after the surgery when the patient is given muscle strengthening exercises right after being wheeled back into the room from the operation theatre. These exercises will be given to the patient by the doctor or the physiotherapist who will show the correct way to do them and what all to avoid while doing them. Also, a gradual walking program will be started where the patient will first be helped when it comes to walking indoors, and then taken outdoors to practice walking on more natural terrain. Other motions can also be introduced gradually to exercise.
- Crutches: The patient may be asked to use crutches for a while right after the surgery. This is usually done to ensure that the body and the knees are strong enough to support full weight carriage and bearing without putting pressure on the newly operated region. Full weight bearing usually comes about within ten days after the surgery, and until then the patient is asked to take it easy.
- Knee extension: In the first few weeks after the procedure, the patient will experience swelling or inflammation in the area as well as some amount of trepidation when it comes to using the knee extension. The patient will be asked to do ninety degree knee flexicons before graduating to full knee extension gradually. In this phase, right after the surgery, the patient will also be encouraged to gain back control of the quadriceps as well as patellar mobility.
- Swelling: In the first two to three weeks after the surgery, there will be some amount of swelling. Usually, in the first two weeks after the surgery, the focus is on controlling and preventing any undue swelling and inflammation with elevation and ice.
- Strength and confidence: Once the initial three to four weeks are over, the focus will shift towards strengthening the core muscles with running and jogging for short periods. This will also improve the patient’s confidence in the restructured knee.
Ensure that you have a detailed discussion with your caregiver and orthopaedic specialist so that you are mentally prepared for recovery and rehabilitation.