Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SumithaYour feedback matters!
Hi sir, I am a 22 year old. I had miscarriage 5 month ago, bleeding happened for 20 days for 2 months. I consulted with a Dr. And done a ultrasound. Dr. said everything is okay. She gave me pain killer that worked my pain gone lesser. But after 2 month in my blood reports I found hormone levels r very high and its started to pain very heavily again the same pain that I had during miscarriage. I do not know what to do. Where to go. Kindly guide me why this happening again after 5 months?
I am 24 years married female and I am 1 month pregnant and I don't want to take it continue. But when I visited clinic Gyno Dr. advised me that never go for abortion because it is your first pregnancy so please continue it if you don't continue it you may face problem in future. So my question is this is it true or doubtful ?Please advise.
In general, you can follow-up with your doctor once a year for a pelvic exam, a mammogram and to reassess your need for ongoing hormone therapy.
However, you should see your doctor for re-evaluation sooner than your next yearly checkup if you develop or are diagnosed with:
Unexpected vaginal bleeding
Persistent menopausal symptoms
A blood-clotting disorder
Symptoms of heart and blood vessel (cardiovascular) disease
Hormone-dependent breast cancer or another hormone-dependent cancer
Developing any one of these conditions may mean that hormone therapy is no longer recommended for you.
I have taken ipill on 28th of March and my menses were scheduled on 10th of april which is delayed for 16days as of know. I took home pregnancy test on 18th which was a week later after the missed periods. It was negative and today I again repeated the test with early morning pee. After two weeks delay. Again negative. Please advice the reason for missed periods and is the test reliable as I have tested twice after one week delay of period and repeated after another week. Please advice. Thank you!
Hello respected Doctors. I'm 18 week's pregnant and suffering from Shoulder joint pain | neck and shoulder pain since 1 year ago. I have gone to many Doctors some of them advice me to take (Paracetamol 500mg tablet) take two tablets three times aday for 1 month. And some other Doctors advise me to take (Methylcobalamin 500mg injection) for 12 days. And some other Doctors advice me to take (Pregabalin 100mg tablet) take one tablet at bed time. And some other Doctors advice me to take (Vitamin D3). So dear respected Doctors I have taken all these medicines but there is no effect on my shoulders and neck pain. Same like before there is alot of pain on my Shoulders neck and spinal cord. And when there is alot of pain on my Shoulders and neck I use sometimes INDIAN MOVE CREAM. When I use this Cream it gives me some relaxation I fell little bit good then before. But again after sometimes I fell my shoulders neck pain and I start Vomiting. Dear Doctors sir believe me I became fatup with this kind of problem so please plz please I need your help please help me for my this problem.
I want to know how many times having sex is necessary for getting pregnant. And after sex can I go to wash room immediately also advise when can I determine I am pregnant and should I give brake in sex to get pregnant? Is changing position necessary!
I am a married woman and virgin. I did not intimate with husband yet. Me and my husband tried so many time but due to pain I can't allow to do sex. Please suggest me some medicine which can help to stop pain during sex.
Hello am 4.5 months pregnant, and I do not want to get baby, please help me to abort with pills. Please do not say that I need to continue and I do not want to continue. Please help me out, I have been asking this question from two weeks none of them answered me. I hope you would help me. Would be waiting.
Sir, My age is 22. And I am suffering from severe itching around my clitoris & inside vagina. When I apply V-Wash it itches more. There are some scratchy marks also present. I have also tried a ointment namely EBERNET but It's of no use. Please help me. I want to know what is the problem cause and precautions.
Do you wonder why suddenly at times you go on a zero sex drive? it could happen even when your chemistry with your partner is fine, nothing is heaving on your mind, and you are otherwise healthy too. Only you just don't feel like having sex. This might have to do with what you are eating.
Here are some of the foods which can kill your sex drive.
1. Diet soda - while staying fit is an excellent idea, drinking diet sodas with artificial sweeteners can be absolute mood killers as they directly affect the levels of serotonin, a hormone which assists you in reaching the zone.
2. Caffeine - it certainly increases stamina for sex. However, for someone who is already nervous, this would mean increased anxiety which in turn would lower the sex drive. Overdose of coffee is known to increase one's stress hormone levels, too, affecting one's sex drive.
3. Chocolate - this is surprising since chocolate is known as an aphrodisiac. A study has shown that since it stimulates love and euphoria, it might also suppress, at times the testosterone levels in the body.
4. Mint - while mint is a good way to clear your breath after a meal, the menthol in it is also known to lower the testosterone. This lowers your sex drive.
5. Popcorn - when popcorn is made in the microwave and eaten, it could totally kill the mood for sex, especially in men. Research suggests that the bag's lining has chemicals which kill sex drive and in the long term can also cause prostrate problems.
6. Cheese - if made of cow's milk, cheese contains a lot of synthetic hormones which are known to mess with human body's natural hormone production that primarily includes testosterone and estrogen.
Water is the most valuable resource in the world. After all this years we begin to understand that. About 70 percent of the human body and brain are made up from water.
Water is so vital to our survival in every sense of the word.
Alkaline water has the biggest level of hydration and is a excellent source of minerals vital to our body.
Because of our today’s ways of nutrition which is mainly consisted of processed food that includes salt, sugar, caffeine and alcohol – the most common form of pH imbalance is excess acidity.
Symptoms that point to the fact that your body is too acidic are tiredness, headache, stomach ache and a weakened immune system.
If the environment in our bodies is too acid or alkaline, our otherwise healthy cells can become toxic, collapse and die. An unbalanced pH damages the tissues.
If the body experiences an acidic environment for a longer period, it will ultimately deposit excess acidic substances into some area of the body in efforts to alkalize itself.
In that way, acidity increases in some areas and some cells die, but others may still live and/or adapt or turn into malignant.
Cancer cells can’t live in alkaline water.
That’s why drinking alkaline water is very, very useful.
Our body surveillance systems are responsible for our pH balance values, so they remove acid residue without damaging living cells.
However, if the load becomes too big, the result can be fatal to your body.
One more reason why you should drink alkaline water is the hydration of our body.
So protect and regenerate your body by making this water and drinking it on a daily basis.
Making it is simple and easy.
This is what you need:
2 Ltr water, clean filtered water (if only tap water is available, than use that one)
1 organic lemon, washed, cut into eights
1 teaspoon of Himalayan salt
Fill the jug, than add the lemon slices (do not squeeze them!) and then add 1 teaspoon of Himalayan salt in it and cover it. Let it stay overnight (8 to 12 hours) at room temperature.
Drink 3 glasses of water every morning when you wake up before you eat or drink anything else to achieve the best pH balance in your body.
Start trying it tomorrow and your body will thank you!
Infertility is a very common problem among both men and women and it refers to the inability to conceive even after regular unprotected sex. The causes of this can be varied and some of the most prominent ones are:
Causes in Women:
1. Polycystic ovarian syndrome - PCOS is a medical condition in women in which they do not ovulate. It is a major cause of infertility in most women. It can often result in irregular menstruation and an increase in the release of male hormones in the female body. This causes male symptoms like the growth of a beard, hoarse voice etc. in females. The probable causes of this condition comprise being over or under weight, thyroid imbalance etc. It is possible to treat this condition with medical aid and weight management can also prove to be helpful.
2. Lack of sufficient healthy eggs - As you grow in age, the number and health of your eggs decline significantly. This could be a possible reason for your infertility. In this condition, optimizing egg health by maintaining a healthy weight and quitting alcohol and cigarettes can help you get rid of your infertility.
3. Blockage of the fallopian tubes - Blockage of or damage to the fallopian tubes causes the tubal factor that is responsible for infertility in women. The tubal factor can also be a result of endometriosis or any sexually transmitted disease like Chlamydia etc.
Causes in Men:
1. Ejaculatory disorders - Retrograde ejaculation, premature ejaculation, and other issues associated with ejaculation may cause infertility in men. In retrograde ejaculation, the semen enters the bladder instead of emerging out of the penis during orgasm. In premature ejaculation, the ejaculation occurs before the vagina is prepared to receive the semen.
2. Chromosome defects - Disorders like Klinefelter's syndrome can cause abnormal growth of the male reproductive organs resulting in infertility. Other such syndromes include Kallmann's syndrome, Karatagener's syndrome, cystic fibrosis etc. These conditions are mostly genetic.
3. Hormonal imbalance - Male infertility can also be a result of hormonal imbalances like hypogonadism (low testosterone levels), disorders of the testicles, abnormal functioning of the pituitary, thyroid, adrenal and the other glands as well.
Related Tip: Common causes of infertility in Women?
Let's be clear about what turmeric can not do:
Turmeric usually does not cause significant side effects -- ( The truth is that some people can experience stomach upset, nausea, dizziness, or diarrhea)
You can use turmeric if you have gallbladder problems -- (The truth is that turmeric can make gallbladder problems worse)
Turmeric is not helpful for diabetes -- (The truth is that early research suggests that taking turmeric daily for 9 months can reduce the number of people with prediabetes who develop diabetes.)
Now that we have cleared up what Turmeric cannot do, let's talk about what it Can do for you.
Turmeric has been used for roughly 4000 years as a medicine for a wide variety of medical conditions. Turmeric was mainly for digestive issues, but can be used to treat everything from indigestion to cancer.
The main active ingredient in turmeric is curcumin, and according to UMMC, 'Curcumin is also a powerful antioxidant. Antioxidants scavenge molecules in the body known as free radicals, which damage cell membranes, tamper with DNA, and even cause cell death.
Antioxidants can fight free radicals and may reduce or even help prevent some of the damage they cause. In addition, curcumin lowers the levels of two enzymes in the body that cause inflammation. It also stops platelets from clumping together to form blood clots.'
Turmeric has been shown to treat:
The research that back up these claim is extensive to say the least. For instance, a publication from The International Journal of Biochemistry and Cell
'Although safe in most cases, ancient treatments are ignored because neither their active component nor their molecular targets are well defined. This is not the case, however, with curcumin, a yellow pigment substance and component of turmeric (Curcuma longa), which was identified more than a century ago. For centuries it has been known that turmeric exhibits anti-inflammatory activity, but extensive research performed within the past two decades has shown that the activity of turmeric is due to curcumin, a diferuloylmethane. This agent has been shown to regulate numerous transcription factors, cytokines, protein kinases, adhesion molecules, redox status and enzymes that have been linked to inflammation. The process of inflammation has been shown to play a major role in most chronic illnesses, including neurodegenerative, cardiovascular, pulmonary, metabolic, autoimmune and neoplastic diseases.'
The publications concludes:'The wisdom and scientific credentials of curcumin in the Ayurvedic and Chinese systems of medicine have been corroborated by numerous studies conducted over the past 30 years. These observations are also supported by epidemiological data suggesting lower incidence of chronic diseases in people from countries where curcumin is consumed. The various effects of curcumin have been widely studied in Western systems of medicine for decades, and has been found to possess antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activities. Considering that inflammation plays a major role in most chronic illnesses, anti-inflammatory agents are needed for prevention purposes. Although several different steroids and NSAIDS (such as celecoxib, aspirin, ibuprofen, phenylbutazole, etc.) have been approved for treatment of inflammatory conditions, most of them have side effects, especially when consumed over long periods of time. Because curcumin inhibits multiple proinflammatory pathways and is affordable, this phytochemical should be further explored for prevention and treatment of various chronic diseases. Further clinical trials are needed to fully develop the potential of this 'age-old NSAID'.