Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SumithaYour feedback matters!
Which creme is make my skin colour brown to whiter or more glamorous please suggest me best cream no hydroquin creme?
I have hair on my body and I want to remove hair from my chest and tummy portion. Does it have any side effect and is there any way to remove hair from chest permanently?
Hello I am 25 years old girl and I am suffering from Hair Fall a long time I heard about HAIR ROOT CAPSULES for Hair Fall in F.M. Radio. Please suggest me can I use this Capsules , please suggest me this capsule are safe or not.
• Before washing your hair, apply a mixture of 8 table spoon of pure organic peanut oil and 2 table spoon lemon juice and massage into the scalp. Leave it for 10-15 minutes then shampoo.
• You can replace oil with coconut milk or coconut water; leave it over night and shampoo.
• Wash hair with natural, herbal ingredients rather than chemical – take mixture of amla (Indian goose berri) powder, aritha (sapindus Laurifotius) powder and shikakai (Acacia Concinna) powder, soak it in water over night and wash hair with the mixture.
• Practice yoga, helps in relieving stress and will increase blood circulation.
• Natural live yoghurt is recommended as a natural conditioner.
• Avoid harsh hair dyes and hair creams.
• Softly massage your scalp when you shampoo or oil. This will help blood circulation and prevent skin from drying and cracking.
I'm 17 can I shaved my head a month ago my hair has grown 3/4 inches during this span can I grow my hair about in a year.
Sir I have pimples. On my face which is very temoundously. Increasing I used many. Medicine like tretin0.05%and know I am using clenveil. Can you suggest a good medicine. My two cheeks are full of pimples. please give an expert advice for this.
Fed up of acne help little pimples big pimples acne scars all over. Now it has been from last 7 years. Tried antibiotics ointments herbal treatment nothing helped. Left all medication its not leaving me face neck back are mainly involved n other oats partly.
I am 25 even i have many grey hair on my head. It looks like a cover of snow on my head,is there any treatment for it?
I have black spot on my back and I used scar removal cream for 4 months but I didn't see any changes. What should I do.
Hair loss is a common problem faced by both men and women. Though it is not debilitating or life threatening, but it can pull down a person’s self-image and lower their confidence level. The good news is that this issue can be addressed with hair transplant procedures. A hair transplant procedure involves harvesting hair follicles from one part of the scalp and transplanting them to a bald spot or sections of thin hair. The results of a hair transplant procedure are permanent and hence this a much sought after procedure. However, there are a few things you should know before undergoing such a procedure.
Who is a suitable candidate?
Hair transplant surgeries are not suitable for all people. Firstly, it cannot be used in cases of complete baldness. The minimum age to get a hair transplant procedure is 18 years. You must also have a stable supply of donor hair. There are two types of hair transplant surgeries:
- Follicular unit extraction: In this procedure, individual hair follicles are plucked from all over the scalp. The hair grafts are then transplanted to the bald spots.
- It does not create a scar
- It is faster to heal
- The donor site is not prominently visible
- It is a lengthy procedure
- It may be more expensive
- Follicular unit transplant: In this procedure, the doctor simply removes a section of the scalp from the back of your head with tissue and hair follicles. The tissue is then divided into individual grafts such that each graft has a few hair follicles. These grafts are then transplanted to the bald areas.
- The procedure takes less time
- Higher individual graft survival rate
- Scar at the back of the head
Side effects of hair transplantation
Both types of hair transplants have minimal side effects. Pain killers can help relieve discomfort and pain that follows such a procedure. In some cases, the scalp may be swollen or inflamed after the procedure but this is a temporary condition. Some people may also suffer from bleeding at the donor site and slow healing of the scar tissue.
How to take care post transplantation?
You must avoid strenuous exercising for a few weeks after the surgery. Also, avoid exposure to the sun and anything that can make your scalp sweat like saunas. This is because sweating increases the risk of infections. Your doctor may also prescribe a hair growth lotion that must be applied regularly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.