Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SumathyYour feedback matters!
Hello, I need to know which all food and fruits should me avoided if planning for baby and also what to avoid during 0-8 weeks. Thanks and regards.
I have an yeast infection past 8 months. And I got the discharge test done and the specie is candida. I tried all the medicines pike fluconazole itraconazole. But I am not getting rid of the infection. I still have white discharge .what to do.
i have done my urine test .C bar is cleard but T is very light. So I am confused, am i pregnant or not ? Can i take myprog 200 tab?
I am 27 years old. Got married since 3 yrs. I want to know what is the exact day for ovulation. Because all doctors are saying from 10 to18 days of cycle. But in regular periods what is the exact date I want ti know. My cycle is regular with 26 days. So please tell me the ovulation date.
I have got itching in my vagina from last few months also I am getting white discharge coming out from vagina on and off n after fet minutes its become thick cheesy clots and after this itching starts in my vaginal area what is it what do I do is It harmful. Also I have frequent urination problem after evry 30 mnts pr 50 mnts I get urine pressure Sumtimez itz after 15-. 20 mnts could you please suggest it it harmful what do I do I am really so scared and worried so pls suggest me wt I do? Is there any possibilities to cure by taking natural food?
IVF or In Vitro Fertilization is a form of assisted reproductive technology (ART), wherein the egg and the sperm are physically combined in a laboratory dish before being transferred into the uterus. This procedure of reproduction has gained popularity among infertile and homosexual couples and also among women opting for single motherhood.
Although IVF is a becoming increasingly accepted procedure in the present day scenario with the growing infertility levels among individuals and open-mindedness of the society, there are some factors that must be taken into consideration before opting for the IVF procedure.
- Multiple Births: To guarantee the success of the treatment, usually more than one embryo is inserted into the uterus after fertilization. It is not uncommon for multiple embryos to end up attaching themselves to the uterine wall, leading to multiple births. It is important for the individual or the couple to be emotionally and physically prepared for that possibility.
- Reasons for infertility: Before opting for the procedure, the couple is often advised to go through several tests to check for the sperm count, mobility and the uterus environment to determine if at all IVF is the best option for the couple.
- Side Effects: After the procedure, the woman is expected to be under several types of medication to prevent the eggs from ripening. There are certain obvious side effects including headache, bloating, nausea and mood swings. In certain cases, the individual may experience circulatory problems, which when heightened may require hospitalization.
- Emotional Impact: IVF has a major impact on the emotion regulation of the individual. It might be overwhelming for most individuals and a strong psychological system is often searched for people opting for the procedure. The stress and the overflow of emotions can sometimes be too much to take for somebody and hence, people with major psychological disorders are advised against it.
Dear Doctor, My wife is 32 years old and we got married 3 years ago and we don't have any child till now to be frank we didn't planned for that properly so please let us know how to plan and get a baby in correct time and another issues is my wife is obese as her height is 159 cms and she is 85 kgs so guide us to reduce her weight and about diet control too Pls suggest me too for making her pregnant I am 33 years old.
I am not getting my periods since one month. My last menses date was 28th july I done pregnancy test using pregnancy toolkit like (preganews, velocity,and I can) 0n 20th august. And all the three kits indicated result negative only. But after two days I am suffering from "tonsils" fever and headache This is second time that I got "tonsils" Can you please say that all this signs indicate that I am pregnant please answer me. How can I get periods plzzz say me I am worried about this.
I have PCOD, I take Diane35 as medication. I recently gained weight, I was 65 and now I am 90 kilos. I am 21 years old. I have lost weight in the past. BUT some how I am unable to loose any weight this time. I have tried everything, from metformin tablets to swimming and excessive exercise over the past one year ... is there something else that COULD help me in my condition. I have a friend in USA, who had PCOD, but she said that she took an injection which helped her loose weight and now there are no cysts in her ovary.. is that possible ? Please help !
There are lots of benefits espoused by doctors all over the world about getting adequate sleep. Lack of sleep can have an adverse impact on your daily work life balance and health. Thus, you should never let it happen. If you sleep more than six hours a day it can have a lot of benefits, some of which are mentioned below:
1. Better health: Studies have shown that having a good night’s sleep can help your body avoid serious health problems like diabetes, obesity, heart attacks and various other cardiac problems.
2. Lesser Pain: According to research, if you have chronic or acute pain from an injury, then sleeping for more than six hours can help you get better pain relief. It has been proven in multiple studies that good sleep can be an excellent supplement to pain medications. However, being in pain can make it harder for you to sleep. You should use pain relievers in such cases which can aid sleep, but ensure that you have more than 6 hours of shut eye.
3. Lower risk of injury: If you have adequate sleep then there are chances that you won’t feel tired during the day while you are out at work. This can prevent accidents if you are driving or even within the household. Deprivation of sleep has lead to many accidents in the past and continues to do so till today.
4. Better mood: Adequate sleep can help you to stay in good mood and research has found sleep has a direct effect on regulating your emotions. This is due to the fact that sleeping for more than six hours a day can prevent you from being exhausted at work.
5. Better memory: Sleep loss can be the reason you have become forgetful. Studies have shown that your brain processes and consolidates the memories from throughout the day while you sleep. So if you don’t get enough sleep it may affect your professional life as you may tend to forget important things that you should remember.
6. Stronger immunity: Sleeping for more than six hours will give your body the strength required to fight diseases.
7. Better weight control: Lack of proper sleep can increase your weight. You would feel hungrier and would crave for high calorie foods since lack of enough sleep causes the levels of leptin to drop in the body. Leptin is the hormone, which is responsible for how satisfied you feel with food and a drop in its levels will result in you wanting to eat your more. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Im 21 years old female, and im suffering with "Thick White Clumpy Discharge" and lots of itching and slight stomach pain .please kindly help me out of this problem.
My wife is 9 week pregnant n she is having more symptoms like vomiting headache n backache after eating anything she vomits she do not like any food pls pls suggest what food to eat n how to control vomiting.
My wife's age is 29, one child's mother. Why does her monthly menses forward/advance 12/13 days in every months. Please inform.
I had sex 2 days ago with my husband. During sex the condom broke and he quickly changed the condom, it was a matter of split second. I went to urinate so as to wash away any sperm that might have escaped from the broken condom. However he is not sure whether he ejaculated or not. I do want to take any contraceptive pills due to their long term side effects. What should I do? Are there any chances of pregnancy?
Not getting pregnancy. Two years over. We both took all scan and test everything. All normal but till no pregnancy.
Frequent yeast infection. It doesn't itch or pain. Just a white discharge. Is there any home remedy to cure it?
My friend had unprotected sex with his gf at 11 morning on 27th April. She took ipill at 12night. They did it again on 28th morning at 10 am. Unprotected. She needs to take another pill? What should be done. Her period cycle is like 14th/15th every month. What is recommended in this situation rn.
Our immune system does a great job of keeping us healthy and preventing infections. However, we need to support it with the right foods so it works better and in turn helps us in the process.
Garlic – This grandmother’s ally has immense infection fighting ability. Being a natural detoxicant, unlike with antibiotics there are no side effects. It protects our body against bacterial and viral infections. The three powerful compounds (allicin, ajoene and thiosulfinates) contained in it helps the body prevent and fight infections.
Ginger – Spicing up your meals with ginger is a great way for boosting your immune system naturally. It helps to cleanse the lymphatic system and prevent the accumulation of toxins in our body organs. The quickest way to incorporate ginger in your diet is to add finely chopped ginger to boiled water, let it steep for 2-3 minutes. Strain out ginger and sip good health. Sprinkle dried ginger into any salad dressing or add finely chopped pieces to soups.
Turmeric – Curcumin, the active ingredient present in turmeric, is anti-viral and anti-fungal. Whenever you use turmeric, add black pepper also to the recipe. This will increase your body’s absorption of turmeric significantly.
Basil (Tulsi) – It contains a wide range of essential oils rich in phenolic compounds that gives it the immune boosting properties. It stimulates liver cells to increase the appetite. Also, gives relief from cirrhosis and other infections of the liver.
Oregano (dried ajwain) – Doesn’t that pizza or garlic bread always taste better when this Italian herb is sprinkled over them? At least, I love it that way! Rosmarinic acid, which is a strong antioxidant found in oregano supports immune system health. It also has compounds that inhibits inflammation. Studies have shown it to be beneficial for conditions including osteoporosis and arteriosclerosis. You can garnish your omelettes with oregano. Oregano also goes great with sautéed mushrooms and onions too.
Barley – Loaded with beta-glucan which is a special fiber compound that has powerful antioxidant properties, you must consume this regularly. Barley water is known to be good for kidneys and also to treat arthritis and rheumatic diseases. It speeds wound healing and is thought to make antibiotics more effective. It reduces swelling in the body and helps cure Urinary tract infection.Boil barley until soft, strain the extract; add lemon or orange flavor and little bit of sugar if needed. You can refrigerate it and drink a glass daily.
Rebuild your immune system by adding these natural superfoods daily in rotation. Adding these disease-fighting punch is the secret to a healthy family.