Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sumathi SrinathYour feedback matters!
Mam merei gf ka period 19 aug ko khtm hua and I hv done unsafe sex on 21 aug kya wo pregnant ho jaygi mtl ki periods khatam hone ke 2 din baad maine uske ssath sex kiya.
I am 18 years old. I do not suffer from any type of sexual disease. And I am heterosexual. Though I have e physical problem which is my chest size is larger in comparison with the normal size of men. Its very embarrassing. I can not put on any type of tight fittings tshirt. So I just want to know, is there any process to normalize it without going through the process of surgery. I am ready to have any type of medicine without any side effects.
Meri age 24 years 1 year ho gye mariage ko pr baby concieve ni ho rha ultrasound bhi kraya pr kuch ni nkl rha please help me.
Knee joint pain treatment by ayurvedic neuro therapy, only after 5 ayurvedic neuro therapy patient get 60% relief in knee joint pain.
My doctor has prescribed irotide as iron supplement (earlier I was taking fefolz, my iron level 9.5),i am 7.5 months pregnant, is it a good supplement since I couldn't find any detail related to same on google.
My gf is 1 month 10 days pregnant. She took mifegest kit. Day before yesterday single tab ate. And yesterday night 2nd 2 tab but still not bleeding. Now she is suffering from stomach pain.
What are the healthy items women should take after normal delivery. I heard a lot from people that after delivery woman have to tie stomach tightly or else in future she will have puffed stomach is it true? 2, woman should not get exposed to direct air and head, legs must be covered or else they will be facing problem. I want to know all these things are true?
I have been vomiting since last night for nearly 5 to 6 times and also feeling loss of appetite. I think it could be food poisoning or maybe I consumed unhygienic water or food. Can you please help me with it? Like prescribing any medicine or other thing which gives instant relief. I hope you understand my query and help me out.
Hello doctor, Up to in which month can have intercourse to pregnant wife. Can I have sex in first two three or last month? Please help.
Sir please answer my query as I am bit confused, whether I can take apcal c tablet, I am 4 month pregnant with low lying placenta which was detected in my 3rd months scan.
Some tips from ayurveda -
1. Pleurisy – take shring bhasma 500 ml thrice a day with honey. Also have to apply warm paste made from shringbhasma over the chest.
2. Flu – take 1 tab tribhuvan kirti ras tablet with fresh juice of tulsi leaves and ginger thrice a day. Keep fast and take boiled water only.
3. Spleen – in enlargement of spleen – take 500 mg pippli (piper longum) powder with honey or milk.
4. Excessive urination – take 15 ml fresh juice of guduchi (tinospora cordifolia) twice a day.
I had oral sex with one girl and I am not sure about her hiv status she had had lied with many people back in time plus we had few seconds of sexual intercourse without protection am I safe?
I'm 27 yeas old .I'm around 10 weeks pregnant. I did a blood test in my prenatal checkup it's 7.16.my gynecologist prescribed thyronorm 75 mg .but my previous doctor who cured my back pain, pcod problem said wait for a month. Don't take thyroid pills. Tsh will bounce back to normal. Even in the next test if it shows then I'll take care of it.
For a tea lover, nothing in the world can be more gratifying than a cup of tea. Happiness or sadness, stress or celebration, the answer to everything is a cup of heavenly delight. In addition to the hard core tea addicts, many people, in general, have the habit of drinking tea after meals. While many see this as a harmless addiction, some experts consider the habit anything but healthy. What is the truth then? Is it harmless to drink tea after meals or is the truth different from what is apprehended? In this article, we try to find an answer to this baffling question.
Some reports suggest that drinking tea, particularly the green tea or any other herbal tea after meals may be a good practice. The green tea is known for its high antioxidant and polyphenol content.
- When consumed after a meal, the green or herbal tea acts as a catalyst, accelerating the production as well as the stimulation of many digestive enzymes including gastric juice, saliva, and bile to aid in the digestion process.
- The catechins (polyphenolic compounds), an active compound present in green tea enhances the pepsin activity to a great extent. An increased pepsin activity indicates a better breakdown of the dietary proteins.
- The antioxidants in the green are known to deal with many complications associated with digestion with elan. In fact, green tea is considered an effective digestive stimulant. It is known to provide relief from intestinal gas as well as conditions of Irregular Bowel Syndrome (namely Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn’s disease).
- Green tea or herbal tea also helps in better absorption of the dietary nutrients.
While these points reflect the benefits of having tea (mainly green or herbal tea) after meals, there is the other side to it. Not all people enjoy having green tea. Thus, when we discuss the merits or the demerits, we should consider tea in general and not just herbal or green tea.
- The Tannin present in tea comes with many side effects.
- Tannin interferes with absorption of many minerals including iron, zinc, and calcium (slows down the absorption). As a result, there may be a deficiency of these minerals, triggering a myriad of health complications.
- In some people, tannin may also trigger constipation.
- Thus, people already suffering from the deficiency of these minerals should refrain from drinking tea between meals.
- Another ingredient present in tea is the caffeine.
Taking all the points (both merits and demerits) into consideration, it is best to avoid drinking tea between meals on a regular basis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Hello doctor I get itching in vagina nd open vulva. Y it is there. Wht to do. please suggest me some remedies. Its itching me. please help me.
In order to have proper information about ovarian cysts, it is essential to discuss the anatomy of ovaries. These are basically a part of the female reproductive system and are located in the lower abdomen on the two sides of the uterus. The major functions of ovaries are production of eggs, oestrogen and progesterone hormones.
So what exactly are cysts? Cysts are fluid-filled sacks, which sometimes develop on the ovaries. These are usually painless, causing no such symptom and females develop a cyst at least once every year. However, there are various kinds of ovarian cysts like the dermoid cysts and endometrioma cysts. The most common kinds of cysts are usually the functional ones. The types of follicle cysts include the following:
- Follicle cyst: When the menstrual cycle starts, the egg grows in a sac, usually called follicle, which is located inside the ovary. In usual cases, the follicle breaks and the egg is released. However, there might be a case where the follicle may not break. In situations like these, the fluid present in the follicle may turn into cysts in the ovary.
- Corpus leuteum: After the egg is released into the uterus, the follicle ideally dissolves. However, in case the follicle does not dissolve, the excess liquid causes the developing of little sacs and these are the other kinds of cysts.
Most of these tumors are benign (non-cancerous) and never spread beyond the ovary. Benign tumors can be treated by removing either the ovary or the part of the ovary that contains the tumor.
Malignant (cancerous) or low malignant potential ovarian tumors can spread (metastasize) to other parts of the body and can be fatal.
There are some more types of cysts as well, which are as follows:
- Dermoid cyst: This is a sac-like growth, which occurs on the ovaries that can contain hair, fat or other tissues. They’re a type of ovarian germ cell tumor. Usually these tumors are benign, but occasionally they can be malignant.
- Endometriomas: These are those tissues, which should originally grow inside the uterus, but instead they attach themselves outside the uterus to the ovaries. This in turn results in cyst formation.
- Cystadenomas: These are basically non-cancerous growths that develop on the ovary surface.
Polycystic ovary syndrome
This is a condition that some women develop, a large number of small cysts form inside the ovaries, thereby causing the ovaries to enlarge. It is important that polycystic ovarian syndrome is treated soon because if left untreated for long, it may cause infertility in women. These cysts are usually not harmful, but they can cause the following:
- Hormonal imbalance, which may lead to acne or facial hair, may also cause individuals to stop ovulating or cause irregular periods
- Higher chance of getting diabetes as the body starts having insulin resistance
- Weight gain
This is not that big a deal and can be controlled easily. Also with healthy living and eating, this condition can be brought to normal. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.