Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Sumathi SrinathYour feedback matters!
Hi doc, I am pregnant by 37 weeks 3 days. During my last check up, my doc told me that my baby hasn't dropped and I am not dilated or effaced. But my baby is in head down position. M doing exercises, squats n daily chores and this is my first pregnancy. M so confused and worried whether my baby will drop or not as the days are progressing. Please advise.
I am not getting my period regular Some times stomach pain happen and irritation. So please tell me what should I do. And even sometimes I get chest pain also very badly. Sometimes 1 month or sometimes 2 months period skip. Please help me a good suggestion or what kind of medicine shall I take.
My mother aged 45 had a problem of heavy period bleeding after which she consulted a gynae and she gave her primolut n medicine which controlled the condition. Few days back consulted another gynaecologist. She wrote some tests such as pelvic ultrasound, pap smear, endometrial biopsy .the results of the tests came clear. Only ultrasound shown bulky uterus with small fibroids and level of prolactin serum high .after which she suggested some vitamin medicines and said to continue primolut n only from 5th day of month. She stopped taking primolut. And after 2-3 days again the problem of abdomen pain and bleeding is happening. Please help and suggest some solution immediately.
Unborn baby has dilatation pelvis 6 mm in lef kidney (swelling). I want to know if it is harmful for that baby and please suggest the best treatment to get rid of that swelling.
For the last four months I am having backpain. During periods it is more. Some times I can not tolerate with the pain I did one spine MRI and abdominal USG both are normal. No significant abnormalities find in that.
Dear doctors, which dates are safe for sex without using any contraception when the dates of period is 13-15th per month? please clearly mention the dates and if there are any chance of pregnancy.
Sex with cloths on. I was wearing underwear, boxer and jeans and my girl is wearing underwear and trouser. While humping her, I cummed in my underwear but fluid did not come out from my jeans. Is entering the fluid into the vagina is mandatory for conception. Please tell.
Hi, My right Fallopian tube has been removed. Yet i can not get pregnant. How it is possible to get pregnant again?
Hi Dr. I am suffering from pcod since 4 years I was taking homeopathy, aelopethic & ayurveda also I have tried all these three but not getting any effect means I want to solve my problem from root which was not saut out till today. And m having gastic problem also because I am working and due to my sitting job gastic problem has arrived. Please suggest me something.
I am a 22 years old female. My periods are regular. I don't have any other health problems and even my medical tests have been performed and reports are all normal. I am having hairfall since last year and during past few months severity has increased. I am also having hair thinning. Recently I have visited a dermatologist. According to him in the places where I have lost hair, the pores have been closed on scalp and therefore there is no growth in that area. The remaining hair also became very weak he told. Please suggest anything what can I do. Will I my hair grow back again. I am very fond of hair. I don't want any homeopathic solution.
main 24 years ki hn, mjhe kampan si hoti hai means dar sa lgne lgta hai aur meri nabz jor jor se dhadkne lgti hai. Head ki nabz bhi dhdkne lgti hai aap mujhe koi upai btai plz.
Male infertility is characterized by irregular sperm function or reduced sperm count. There are a host of causes that may lead to infertility in men such as lifestyle choices and obesity.
The various symptoms of infertility in men are:
- You may experience lumps or swellings in the testicles
- You may have chronic respiratory problems
- You may experience low libido
- You may have ejaculation disorders
- Impaired sense of smell
- Chromosomal complications such as reduced body hair
- Your sperm count may be low
The reasons of infertility may range from medical causes to lifestyle choices; some of the causes may be related to the environment. A common cause of infertility is due to problems with transportation of the sperm. These are mainly due to blockages in the tubes that carry the sperm.
The various reasons for infertility in men are:
- Infection: Various infections such as inflammation of the testicles and epididymis, which causes blockage of the tubes carrying the sperm can be a cause.
- Varicocele: This condition is characterized by swelling of the veins that are connected to the testicle. This condition is known to change the normal temperature of the testicles, thus leading to complications in sperm production.
- Hormonal imbalances: Various hormonal problems such as complications of the hypothalamus, pituitary and adrenal glands may lead to low testosterone levels in the body.
- Problems in sexual intercourse: Problems such as erectile dysfunction or premature ejaculation are reasons why you may have infertility.
- Medications: Various medications such as using anabolic steroids, antifungal medications and chemotherapy may hamper production of the sperm and thus reduce your fertility.
- Radiation exposure: If you have been exposed to radiation such as x-rays, your sperm production may be impaired, thus causing infertility. However, this condition can be reversed if you are no longer exposed to the radiation.
- Consumption of alcohol and smoking: Both alcohol and cigarettes may cause problems in sperm production, and cause erectile dysfunction. Excessive drinking may lead to complications in the liver resulting in infertility.
- Obesity: If you are overweight, then it's time to lose those extra kilos. Obesity leads to a number of health problems, one of them being erectile dysfunction.
I am 26 years old. Actually I am on treatment now to get pregnant till 4 months. Still its not getting success. Now the doctor suggested me to take xray treatment to check if any blockage is there in tube. But I lost my hope in this treatment n thinking to go homeopathy. I need your suggestions.
While some people see tears as a sign of weakness, for others crying is a crucial way of dealing with grief. Though as children we’re told not to cry and to ‘keep a hold’ of our emotions, letting go of a few tears can help alleviate grief and emotional distress.
Here are a few reasons crying could be a good idea when dealing with loss.
- Crying can stimulate the release of endorphins: Crying cleanses the mind of negative emotions and allows you to express your emotions. Crying can be described as a reaction to pain and in order to control pain, the body releases endorphins. Endorphins are also known as happy hormones as they block the transmission of pain signals and create a sense of contentment. These chemicals can take a little time to have an effect and hence in most cases, you will notice an improvement in your mood after a good cry.
- Crying elevates the mood: Crying can help reduce your body’s manganese levels. A higher than normal manganese level can heighten anxiety, irritability, tiredness and emotional disturbances. By lowering manganese levels, the brain is left with enough space for happier emotions and hence crying can help elevate a person’s mood.
- Crying stimulates the body’s parasympathetic nervous system: The parasympathetic nervous system controls a number of functions including heart rate. Crying can stimulate this system and trigger a state of relaxation. For this reason, you may feel sleepy after crying. This gives your body time to relax and deal with the problem at hand with a calmer mind.
- Crying helps deal with stress: A stressful experience or emotional situation can cause a build-up of stress hormones known as cortisol. As the levels of cortisol increase in the body, it goes into flight or fight mode as an automatic response to stress. Crying reduces the cortisol levels and helps relieve tension and stress almost immediately.
- Crying is cathartic: Every day we are exposed to conflicts and stressful situations that can build up into resentments and leave a person feeling anxious and depressed. Sometimes, giving vent to emotions and crying can help release these pent-up feeling and heap cleanse the mind of these negative emotions. Crying also allows us to open ourselves up to the people around and can improve the levels of intimacy between them. In this way, it can help a person become part of a community. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.