Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sumathi Ravishankar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sumathi RavishankarYour feedback matters!
I have thyroid since 1 year and my tsh is 7.5. I have irregular periods due to pcod. My weight is 58kg n height is 5ft7in. I want to conceive what should I do? I already have history of abortion due to blighted ovum. So please help.
I just gum outside of my gf vagina. Is there any chance that she will get pregnant. Her period was bit late two days. But she is still virgin. She is pregnant or what.
Sir, I had an overian tumar in left overy and our Dr. Advise to debuking it, after surgical when we get the bioypcy it is low potential melignancy, there is no melignancy in fluid. Sir we need any chemotherapy?
My wife is 5 weeks pregnant. She has vomiting. Doctor gave her pregnidoxin tablets. Is it safe to have this tablet?
I am 41 with borderline sugars not on meds. In April I got ultrasound for UTI and doctor did internally too to check endo and ovaries. In US report endometrial thickening of 17 mm. In May I had intercostal bleeding which I never had before. Since May I have intermittent bleeding. In November during period I felt something in vagina. Last month I went for a consultation and found it to be a polyp and doctor told with hysteroscopy and d&c procedure and a biopsy too. I am obese, pcos history of more than 20 years. Should I have hysterectomy to get rid of all these. Did the scan internally caused the polyp? I'm literally. Also endocrinologist suggested me for total thyroidectomy for swelling around my neck despite I have normal thyroid levels over years and suggested met formin and novelon hormone pills.
I feel irritation and cut in my vagina after sex .lubricant not create in my vagina when I was in tension .what is the reason behind of the pain.
A STD is transmitted by means of physical intimate contact and intercourse. These diseases are caused by parasites, virus or bacteria. Usually STDs are preventable provided you make the right choices concerning your sexual health. Refraining from sex isn’t a feasible idea at all. But fortunately there are alternatives too to curb the menace that STDs are:
- Mutual monogamy: Two people who have sex only with one another don’t have any opportunity to bring a new STD into the relationship. If you and your partner have been tested and are healthy, remaining faithful to each other is a very good way to reduce your chances of contracting an STD.
- Get Vaccinated: One important prevention tool against STIs is vaccination. Currently, vaccines are available to protect against infection with HPV, hepatitis A and B. Talk to your healthcare provider to see which vaccines might be recommended for you.
- Protect Yourself: Condoms work really well in stopping most STIs from being passed from an infected partner to another when they are used consistently and correctly every time a person has oral, vaginal or anal sex. Consistently and correctly means that a person makes sure they use a condom every time they have oral, vaginal or anal sex and put it on and use it the right way.
- Avoid alcohol and drug use: Avoiding alcohol and recreational drug use reduces the risk of contracting an STI, having an unwanted pregnancy, or being coerced to have sex. Alcohol and drug use can reduce our ability to make good decisions. It may also make us more likely to be talked into into participating in an activity without being able to give our full consent.
- Consider male circumcision: There's evidence that male circumcision can help reduce a man's risk of acquiring HIV from an infected woman (heterosexual transmission) by as much as 60 percent. Male circumcision may also help prevent transmission of genital HPV and genital herpes.
Coping and Support
It's traumatic to find out you have an STI. You might be angry if you feel you've been betrayed or ashamed if there's a chance you infected others. At worst, an STI can cause chronic illness and death, even with the best care in the world. Between those extremes is a host of other potential losses is trust between partners, plans to have children and the joyful embrace of your sexuality and its expression. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.