Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SumathiYour feedback matters!
I have a gynac related concern. I am having dark brown clotting discharge instead of normal periods. My period are due. I have same spotting in last week. I am worried now. Should I go to consult doctor immediately.
I should be 9.4 week pregnant but my ultra sound show it is 6.6 week pregnancy .is it fine or some issues?
Hello. I have some confusion related to pregnancy. I had suffered from miscarriage about 7 months back. Now I thing I'm pregnant. My expected period date is 19 Nov. But since last week I have lower abdominal pain. My period is comes early about 5 days every months but still it not comes. So what I have to do? Wait for periods or take pregnancy test? Pain is too much n im scared from miscarriage.
DASH stands for Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension. It is an eating plan that is based on research studies sponsored by the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI). These studies showed that DASH lowers high blood pressure and improves levels of cholesterol. This reduces your risk of getting heart disease.
The DASH Diet
- Emphasizes vegetables, fruits, and fat-free or low-fat dairy products.
- Includes whole grains, fish, poultry, beans, seeds, nuts, and vegetable oils.
- Limits sodium, sweets, sugary beverages, and red meats.
Along with DASH, other lifestyle changes can help lower your blood pressure. They include staying at a healthy weight, exercising, and not smoking.
I recently I was naked with my girlfriend. I got stimulated and ejaculated inside my boxers. After few seconds, I accidentally touched the fluid with my finger that presented on my boxers which got filtered out of the cloth and it was non-white. My finger was semi-dry with the fluid. After few seconds, I stimulated my girl with finger inside the vagina for 3 inches for like 10 seconds. She was not so wet but slightly! The temperature was quite cold as we were in AC. She was on her day-15 of cycle! Now Is it practically possible for her to get pregnant? She is also a virgin and we did not have penetration sex!
I had oral sex 3 weeks ago without protection .I don't know about her that she was infected by hiv or not but I am very worried about myself. And please tell about symptoms.
Should I take folic acid tablet everyday or till the result is positive of my pregnancy coz result has not came so kya main tablet le sakti hu agar abhi tak pregnant hu ya nahin result nahi aaya.
Why one should go for lapro hysteroscopy? And provide complete details about this. Any risk factor or any other option is there any medicine for cure. Cost of Lapro surgery.?
Hi my husband sperm count is low is between 8-11 million/ml & also abnormal range is high from 97%-99% so shld I take his sperm for ivf treatment or should we use donor sperm for treatment & he don't take any medicine for it so please let me know. His age is 42 yrs.
This is my first month of pregnancy. I feel very tired and sleepy all the time. I am working. I feel too sleepy in office. What to do? I am facing indigestion too. Please help.
My wife was pregnant after marriage and she is 19 Now. After 70th day completion we went to doctor to check baby and mothers health check up. They have done transvaginal scan at that time. After 3 days naturally the baby was absaison. My doubt is Whether the doctors have done proper manner of scan or not and what are all the reason this was happen so that we can avoid such case in next time.
When is the best time to get pregnant I mean some woman follows ovulation calender but I do not dnt about all this how I will know please tell me?
I had my left tube removed due to ectopic pregnancy in starting of march. After that, I had my period on 25 April, which was normal. But now I am waiting for my next period to come, It's been 11 days, no period, I have PCOS also, for which I am taking met pco care tablet. Does tube removal affect period cycle or is it due to something else?
Is it compulsory to have prescription to get abortion pills? (4 weeks pregnant) if so please suggest pill?
Can beer be a healthy drink? Despite the common myths surrounding alcohol consumption and the adverse effects that it has on a person in the long run, a controlled and well-balanced intake of beer is not as bad as it would seem.
Here are a few reasons proving that beer can be healthy for you if taken in the right amount and quantity:
- In comparison to other alcoholic beverages, beer is relatively healthier for your kidneys. As a matter of fact, studies show that a bottle of beer can actually reduce the risk of acquiring kidney stones by up to 40%.
- Fiber, as we all know, plays a vital role in digestion. The presence of up to one gram of soluble fiber in just a 30ml glass of beer (dark beer, in particular) makes the beverage very beneficial for digestion.
- Fiber present in beer can also help reduce the level of LDL cholesterol (a harmful proponent of cholesterol).
- It has been proved that beer is a rich source of various B vitamins like vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B6 and vitamin B12.
- The presence of both nicotinic acid and Lactoflavin in beer makes it an effective cure for insomnia.
- Beer is also helpful in the prevention of blood clots.
- The presence of high levels of silicon in beer is responsible for bestowing a stronger bone density.
- Studies have concluded that beer can also reduce the risk of suffering a heart attack.
- Unlike their non-drinking counterparts, beer drinkers are less vulnerable of experiencing dementia or Alzheimer's disease.
- Because of the presence of certain vitamins, beer has a ton of healthy nourishing benefits for the skin.
- Beer is also useful in fighting against stress.
What are the recommended safe limits of Beer?
- Men should drink no more than 14 units of Beer per week, these units should be spread out through the week and they should have at least two alcohol free days a week.
- Women should drink no more than 14 units of Beer per week, these units should be spread out through the week and they should have at least two alcohol free days a week.
- Pregnant women or women trying to conceive should not drink alcohol at all. If they do choose to drink, to minimise the risk to the baby, they should not drink more than 1-2 units of beer once or twice a week and should not get drunk.
Despite the above people with increased Triglyceride, Uric Acid should be restricted for consumption of alcohol. People with fatty liver patient with other medication for hypertension, etc. also should refrain from drinking.
People with diabetes who drink should follow these alcohol consumption guidelines:
- Do not drink more than two drinks of alcohol in a one day period if you are a man, or one drink if you are a woman.
- Drink beer only with food.
- Drink slowly.
- Avoid "sugary" mixed drinks, sweet wines or cordials.