Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Anesthesiologists in India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. SumathiYour feedback matters!
Hello, I am 62 yrs male. Have an problem in the knees as going up/down the stairs a pain felt. Some times on bending & straightening the leg a crackling sound comes. Normal walking good but on long walk a bit pain in knee. Cracking sound also some times in foot moving up & down on ankle.
I have lower leg pain in bones I also don't feel power in hands I have no problem regarding low glucose in body what kind of disease is it I am 15 yrs. Old.
I am 17 years of age I am suffering from severe backache I have applied several ointments but all came to no use. Now can you please help me.
My left heel pains and i am not able to walk immediately after sitting or lying down for half an hour. I am 64, male. I don't have sugar or BP. I am 5'3" tall and my weight is around 122 lb. Please suggest solution.
Quite often, I experience pain in my knee or ankle or foot fingers or other joints of legs. Even there is some mild pain in the upper back also. I got my knee examined by X-ray and even by MRI. Orthopedician told me that there is a mild beginning of osteoarthritis. A few months back my uric acid level was also 9.1 which was brought down by taking Febucip tablet for two months. Now on the advice of doctor I have been taking Durajoint GM (2 OD for one month and 1 OD for two months). I had same problem aboutfour years back also and I got cured by similar allopathic treatment. As I am fed up with allopathic medicine, can you suggest some ayurvedic medicine which will take care of future problems of Uric acid and Arthritis.
I m Feeling restless and Also suffering from Back pain instantly. I tried all the easy ways to get relief without consulting any Dr. but now I need your help.
I have back ache for the past 5 or 6 tears. Alopathy doctors advise not to go for any massage treatment for this particular problem. Is it true?
Chronic pain in buttock region which goes till the foot Slight movement cause huge pain Prescribe some cure.
I am 21 year and male. During last two years I feel pain in my left scrotum. In usg nothing was founded. I'm very tensed about my problem help me.
I am 34 years old male, I am having body pain from last 1 week. My back side of thigh is paining a lot. Please suggest me.
I am 21 year old IT working men. I have back pain now days. In my office chair. Please give the good solution doctor. Thank you.
When I was kid I am soo white but now I medium colour. In my childhood some soaps are not set to me that's why I'm medium colour like my mother told. Is it able to get back my old colour. What prescription I want to use.
My father is 58 year old he has became very weak and frequently gets fever and body pain and start talking anything I have consulted many doctors and done all tests but according to tests he is completely fine.
I have injured in my back by stairs my x-ray report is body of d4 are compressed, all iv discs are intact what is the meaning of this because there was not mention of fracture and what should I do after that already I took a appointment from a Dr. He gave me some rull that I do not pull down, do not ride cycle or bike etc. But after one week I am feeling pain.
I am 17 year old and ive a problem that I cannot sit for a long time it causes pain in my back so much I have to sleep for relief what can I do?
I am 63 years old male diabetic. I am on insulin both morning and night. Human mixtard 30/70 18-0-15units, insultard 5-0-5 units. Taking following tablets glynace mf 1-0-1tab atrovastin 10mg 0-0-1 tab tested blood sugar hba1c -8 in march 2015. Now a days I am having severe pain in my groin when I put pressure on my left leg. Also my left hip, left knee are paining. What do you advice?
In our fast paced life, a wrong bend or an incorrect posture is quick to trigger a back ache. It can also occur because of reasons like arthritis, improper diet, lack of physical activity, an improper lifting of a heavy object, excessive physical labour or pregnancy. Most white collared professionals are a victim of a sedentary lifestyle where they spend hours on end sitting in the same position. In fact prolonged sitting is also a cause for weight gain, obesity, joint problems, poor health and even premature death.
Our instant reaction is to take a painkiller and get relief from a back ache. But painkillers often come with unwanted side effects and it is best not to take them unless prescribed by a physician. Some of the commonly prescribed painkillers in the market increase your risk to a heart attack by 2 to 4 times, cause cardiovascular problems, gastrointestinal problems, like digestive tract bleeding and even kidney problems. Instead, back ache has several home remedies that can wonders. It will require a little patience but the zero side effect factor and long term relief will eventually be great for you.
Try these herbal and home remedies for backache:
- Internal and external pain relief with Ginger: Ginger has anti-inflammatory compounds that can work well for pain relief. You can start by making Ginger tea. To do this, add 2-3 slices of ginger in half cup boiling water and simmer it for 10 - 15 minutes. You can add honey and drink it 2-3 times a day. You can also add half tea spoon crushed peppercorns and 2-3 cloves to this tea. Adding a dash of black salt helps in improving the taste.
- Harness the power of Basil: Add 10 Basil leaves to a boiling cup of water and continue to boil it until it reduces to half. You can add a dash of salt to this and drink it through the day.
- Home remedies with exercise: Not only should you stretch between long sitting hours, you should also get some back exercise suggested by a physical trainer with expertise in the field.
- Trigger your inner healing by releasing endorphins: Endorphins act as a pain blocking mechanism in the body and doing certain activities you like can help release them. From walking for 20 minutes to aerobics, to yoga to meditation to chiropractic care, you can try whatever makes you happy and calm to trigger your inner healing.
- Garlic: These tiny cloves healing powers are well known for a variety of body ailments including blood pressure. Taking a couple of cloves early in the morning on empty stomach or massaging with garlic oil helps relieve back ache. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.