Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Anesthesiologists in India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. SumathiYour feedback matters!
I have great pain in my legs and toes. When I run it sounds like tik tik and some time it relief. I want to know this was a serious problem or not. And please tell me pain relief for that.
I am getting pain in my knees while walking. I dnt know what is the problem. I am 23 years old. Will I get pain if we sit idle?
Can anyone tell me what could be the reason behind unbearable pain in legs? In reports only vitamin b 12 and vitamin d deficiency has came? Please advise.
Neck stiffness is common and can be uncomfortable enough to hamper day to day life. Ten easy steps can prevent neck pain.
Following are the 10 steps:
Don?t stay in one position for too long
Keep the computer monitor at eye level.
Use the hands-free function of the phone or wear a headset.
Prop your touch-screen tablet or the ipad on a pillow so that it sits at a 45� angle, instead of lying flat on your lap.
Keep your prescription up to date if you wear glasses to prevent leaning your head back to see better.
Don?t use too many pillows as it can stifle your neck?s range of motion.
Before you move a big wardrobe across the room, consider what it might do to your neck and back, and ask for help.
Call your doctor if neck pain is associated with radiating pain, weakness, or numbness of an arm or leg.
Also call the doctor if you have fever or weight loss associated with your neck pain, or severe pain.
I am suffering backpain since three years and last four months to leg pain. I am getting very tired every movement like when I walk somewhere. Please help me.
I am having a very severe pain in my back. Also having some type of marks on my shoulder and on upper left side.
I am 41 years old I have a slight pain on right side of my hand from shoulder including neck. Is any thing to be worried ?
I am having chronic problem of stiffness & pains in multiple joints like neck, rt side lower back S.I Joints, knee and ankle area. As well as sleep disorder, weakness and fatigue. Is this due to my old health issues like cerebral palsy spastic nature cervical and lumber spondylosis Or it is due to any other problem like fibromaylgis or else? Which no doctor would diagnose it they simply say its LBA and prescribe painkillers I am taking physiotherapy sessions for last few years but it give relief for short time period. Pls advice what shd I do or which type of treatment is helpful in my case?
My father's age is 58. There is too much pain in my father's leg knee joint pain. What to eat to get relief from this pain.?
I came over from an accident just last year on January 2015. And my left fumer bone was broken, nw there is a rod inside the bone to protect it and although there is some crack on my knee plate, and now it pain sometimes whenever I kept it in same position for a while, so kindly suggest me how I can make my bone and muscle strong again.
He is having a lot of pain in knees as well as in joints in various parts of body from last 4 years. Please help.
I am 23 years old. And pain in my leg last 2 month. Pls suggest me what I do. I am very irritated for this pain.
The problem of morning back and neck pain may be due to the position of sleeping or it may be related to inflammatory arthritis which can be familial. Morning back pain is largely related to wrong sleeping posture and less commonly due to arthritic conditions like Ankylosing Spondylitis or Rheumatoid Arthritis. Whatever be the cause- this condition requires attention by an Orthopedic doctor as it may worsen in due course of time and should not be taken lightly.
Some common factors causing this are:
- Mattress: Too soft or too hard a mattress might induce back ache after sleep. For people with waist and hips of equal proportion, a firmer mattress would do well. For those with narrower waist than their hips, a flexible and softer mattress that can move with the pelvic weight would be a perfect choice. Refrain from using old hardened mattresses.
- Pillow: The pillow you use must be able to render support to your neck naturally. Instead of using excessively firm or soft pillow, try substituting it with memory foam pillows, refillable water pillows or cervical support pillows.
- Posture: Not changing your position while sleeping or sleeping on the belly exerts strain on the back muscles, causing pain. On the other hand, sleeping on the back or on the sides causes comparatively less strain on the spine.
- Other causes such as strenuous workouts or physical activities or sitting at a stretch during the day might cause pain while sleeping or after getting up from bed.
Remedies for Morning Back Pain:
Fortunately, there are some home remedies to cure the morning back pain.
- Switching your mattress is a more expensive remedy for back pain, but may often be the ultimate cure. Most people sleep the best on medium-firm mattresses. Be sure to try out the mattress before you buy it.
- For occasional back pain after sleeping, apply heat to your back to relax your muscles before you go to bed and when you get up in the morning.
- Massage your back with pain relieving creams and apply heat on it with a heating pad for quick relief.
- Specific spinal stretching exercises and Planks (a type of exercise) can greatly help in easing back pain, if done on a regular basis.
- It is always recommended to CONSULT an Orthopaedic doctor if you suffer from morning back pain.