Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Sumana ManoharYour feedback matters!
Im 23 weeks pregnant and having vaginal yeast infection. The yeast infection was confirmed by a vaginal swab. There is no itching or burning sensation but there is whitish/yellowish thick discharge. My doc has prescribed Onabet V1 but Im not sure if its safe during during pregnancy or not. I was also given canesten cream to apply locally. Should I use onabet V1? Will it affect my baby?
I want to make my wife pregnant. Plus confirm the suitable time for it. As we were trying for last 6 months but with no success.
An STD or sexually transmitted disease is usually an infection which spreads from one person to another during sexual contact. Some STDs can also be transferred through touch, since they spread by skin contact. People hardly like to talk or discuss about STDs, but it is very important to rule out the possibilities of STD. Whether one likes it or not, if STD testing is ignored, then it can lead to long term consequences.
Why STD Testing is Important
Often STDs have no signs and symptoms, and the only way to know that are you suffering from an STD is to get tested for it. So it is a good idea to get yourself tested, as you never know if you might have STD even though you don't show symptoms. Also, when STDs are diagnosed, most of them can be cured.
Consequences of Not Getting Tested
If one has STD and is not getting tested for the same, then it could lead to health problems which can cause permanent damages or might prove to be fatal. Some of the problems are:
- Undiagnosed and untreated STDs can lead to damaged reproductive system, leading to sterile men and women.
- Chlamydia, if untreated can lead to epididymitis and shrinkage of testicles and infertility in men. It also leads to pelvic inflammatory disease. But good news is, it can be treated easily.
- Syphillis can make a person blind and deaf, and can also be passed on to babies.
- Gonorrhea, which can also be treated easily with antibiotics, can lead to infertility or death if untreated.
- Even HIV/AIDS if diagnosed in early stages can enable the patient to lead a normal life and does not mean only death, contrary to conventional perceptions.
Symptoms of STD
While, gonorrhea, chlamydia and human papilloma virus (HPV) have no symptoms, the common symptoms of STDs might vary.
- In women, the common symptoms are pain and burning sensation during urination, blood in vaginal discharge as also abnormal vaginal discharge, abdominal pain, blisters, warts, and swollen glands.
- Men often experience inflammation of the testicles, prostate, sores, fever, urethral discharge and pain during urination.
If these symptoms are observed, it is vital to get tested for STDs. Also the best way to protect your partner is not to practice unsafe sex and to refrain from the same until diagnosed and treatment is complete.
Getting yourself tested for STD is also beneficial, as it can prevent against complications like cancers and infertility. The standard STD panel of tests consists of Herpes IgG antibody and HIV antibody blood tests, along with a blood test for syphilis antibody and DNA urine test for gonorrhea and Chlamydia.
I am 21 year old. Yesterday I had sex but I and my partner don't think so that we both have done it properly. It's my first time with him and we didn't use protection. My periods is going to be come after 3 days. Should I get pregnant?
Yes madam while inserting my penis I'm my girl friends vagina the liquid will come out suddenly she will tell it's more paining in her vagina what is the problem madam.
How can normal regular periods like always, be same as implantation or decidual or any other kind of bleeding?
Hi doc I have pcos. Ttc for past 2 yrs. Used to periods through progesterone tabs. From my LMP we planned an IUI. Had a dominant follicle in my right ovary. When the follicle reached a size of 18mm I got an HCG shot on 14th day and did IUI on the very next day. And had unprotected sex on 16th day. On 17th day scan showed the follicle have ruptured. I missed my period and its been 4 days took a home test not with 1st urine but 3rd or 4th and it came negative. I started duphaston for 5 days. Any chances of pregnancy? Or not why no periods even after ovulation. And I ovulated on my 15th day.
I am 27 year old female and pregnent in 7th month. Yesterday morning after burshing the teeth, I saw few blood in the cough. Few nosal blood also. What should I do now?
Hi, I want to know about having sex more than three times in one night. Means what will be the impact of process.
I had a sex with my boyfriend last night without any protection and I took ipill at last night. Ipill will stop the pregnancy? Ipill is enough or another tablet I have to take to stop and how would I know that I'm not pregnant Dr. please tell me.
I am 30 year old women. I have 7th month pregnancy, but my belly is small, not looking like 7th month pregnancy, is any problem with this?
Actually I didn't had sex and I took unwanted72 and my period didn't occur after 3_5 days and my regular periods are also not happening and my dates are around 21 _22 feb. I am worried please help me.
Watery discharging from near about 1 year when I used copper T now I had removed copper T but watery discharge not stopped daily discharging in night what can I do.
1. In breakfast avoid junk food items, fried items, tinned food etc. may take brown whole bread, Idali, Upma, Poha, Churmura, roasted chana, any traditional food item, Parotha, water Soaked and cooked Chana, Moong, steamed food item but always add one fruit.
2. Raw vegetables are to be kept in water for 20-30 minutes to get clean from any chemicals- and then use.
3. In lunch preferably take Butter milk rather than Curd, if you like Curd then add Garlic, Onion, Curry patta, Dhania, Amla powder and Haldi or any one.
4. Better to have one day cooked food fast in a week, may take limited fruits and fresh fruit juices, warm water, butter milk etc.
5. In dinner one may take light Khichari, Jawar or Nachani roti, Fruits, (fruits and milk are incompatible not to take together regularly).
6. In cooking use mustard, ground nut, til, coconut, olive oils and no other oils. Use preferably cow ghee and no vanaspati frozen oil-Dalda.
7. Eat traditional different Chutney or freshly prepared chutney of Pudina, Ardrak, Lahsun, curry patta, dhaniya etc., Pickles, Papad (roasted), Onion, carrot, Garlic, Kakdi, Bit root,
8. Prefer herbal black tea of Ardrak, Pudina leaves, Lemon juice together, or fresh Anar, Carrot, Pine apple, Coconut water; warm Milk with Haldi, instead of a usual coffee, tea, energy drink, fun drink or soda.
9. Wash fruits and vegetables with water and peel fruits as suitable, scrub with a dish brush when appropriate to remove dirt and wax coating.
10. Throw away the outer leaves of leafy vegetables, such as lettuce and cabbage.
11. Peel and cook when appropriate, although some nutrients and fiber may be lost when produce is peeled.
12. Avoid fruits and vegetables that look brownish, slimy or dried out. These are signs that the product has been held at an improper temperature.
13. Wash cutting boards with hot water, soap and a scrub brush to remove food particles.
14. Wash hands with warm water and soap for at least 20 seconds before and after handling food, especially fresh whole fruits and vegetables. Clean under fingernails, too.
15. Do not drink water immediately after food, drink after 45-60 minutes but some sips may be taken during food eating.
16. Better to seat preferably on ground if not possible then chair and eat rather than in standing position.
17. Have a one week or two weeks break in a year to visit any liking place with family and friends, this may be a holy place, historical, hill station etc.
18. Start and end your day with worshiping god, parents or Guru or meditation and if possible visiting any nearby holy place in morning evening walk.
19. While going bed take account of work done during whole day and planning of next day; see in what way you have helped or done charity or any other society service. Always wish welfare of your family, friends, society, country and humanity.
20. Do not hurt anyone physical, mental or monitory; if happened by mistake unknowingly, pray god for pardon and compensate the hurting with many good works. Always keep in mind that “Karma is a boomerang”.
21. Do not demand anything to god except pure-pious thoughts. Plan your life goals with calendar and work accordingly.