Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sumana Manohar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sumana ManoharYour feedback matters!
My age is 23. My height is 6 ft. My weight is 80 kg. I had habit of masturbating 5 times daily since 5 years by rubbing penis against bed for hours. From six month I am facing all the symptoms of adrenal gland cancer like frequent urination. Excessive hair growth on whole body. Numbness and tingling in whole body. Hig bp 150/100. High level of headache. Abdominal weight gain. Thickened and excessive hair growth on head and eyebrows. Abdominal pain since last week. Till now I had 4 ultrasound of abdomen in 6 month and one mri of abdomen. Nothing came in it except right renal cortical cyst. Do I have chances of adrenal gland cancer?
Cholesterol is a vital component, which helps the body to make healthy cells. This wax like component is found in the lipid of the blood. An increased cholesterol count elevates the risk of heart diseases in a person. It thickens the vessels of the arteries resulting in less oxygen flow in the heart. This, in turn, increases the chances of a stroke. High cholesterol can happen from lifestyle habits and inheritance. It is completely treatable and preventable.
What causes high cholesterol?
The blood carries the cholesterol which is attached to the proteins. The combination of cholesterol and protein is known as the lipoprotein. Primarily there are two different kinds of cholesterol that the lipoprotein carries:
- Low-density lipoprotein: LDL is the bad guy that carries all kinds of cholesterol present in the body. It eventually rests on the walls of the arteries, making it narrow and hard.
- High-density lipoprotein: This is the good guy which scans the excess cholesterol and take them back to the liver.
Ideally, the body should have low LDL and high HDL. But often the reverse happens, resulting in high cholesterol and cardiac diseases. Factors such as unhealthy diet, inactivity for most of the day and obesity is responsible for the same. Even the genetic set up can play a hand in a high count of LDL in the body. There is nothing that can be done in this case except to seek medical help.
6 factors that put you at risk:
- Poor diet: Cholesterol levels are dramatically increased when baked products and saturated fats are consumed in an excess amount. Other high cholesterol food products include dairy products, processed fats and red meat. Refraining from this food items will drastically reduce the chances of getting high cholesterol in the body.
- Obesity: Obesity results from too much of fat storage in the body. It not only fatigues a person faster, but puts a person at high risk of getting cholesterol. The body mass index should be always lesser than 30 to abstain the risk of cholesterol.
- Waist circumference: A waist circumference of more than 40 inches in men and 35 inches in women can increase the risk of cholesterol.
- Diabetes: This is one of the major causes of high cholesterol. It not only damages the artery lining, but results in higher LDL and lower HDL.
- Less workout: Leading a life which is devoid of exercise and jogging can increase the chances of getting high cholesterol. Exercise boost HDL count in the body and mitigates the risk of low HDL.
- Smoking: The blood vessel walls get damaged with smoking. The blood vessels start accumulating fatty acids thereby increasing the chances of getting high cholesterol.
Is there any fixed date for sex. For helping in positive pregnancy. I'm trying from last 8 months but not getting positive result.
What are the advanced treatment available for endometruim thickness around 12mm. I surgery needed or any medicines available.
I'm 34 years old n trying to conceive. I want to know that drinking lukewarm milk at night can affect the process of conceiving or not.
I asked how will be our baby fair or dark in complexion so please tel me what should I take in my diet so that our baby will be surely fair because we both not fair and not dark also in the middle.
Looking for the path toward a healthier you? it’s not hard to find. The journey begins with some simple tweaks to your lifestyle.
The right diet, exercise, and stress-relief plan all play a big role.
Follow a heart-healthy diet — there’s an easy recipe if your goal is to keep away problems like heart disease and strokes.
– eat more fruits and veggies.
– choose whole grains. Try brown rice instead of white. Switch to whole wheat pasta.
– choose lean proteins like poultry, fish, beans, and legumes.
– cut down on processed foods, sugar, salt, and saturated fat.
Exercise every day — the more active you are, the better, meng says. Exercise boosts your heart health, builds muscle and bone strength, and wards off health problems.
Aim for 2 and a half hours of moderate activity, like brisk walking or dancing, every week. If you’re ok with vigorous exercise, stick to 1 hour and 15 minutes a week of things like running or playing tennis. Add a couple of days of strength training, too.
Vaginal yeast infection: causes, symptoms & natural tips to cure
If you’re busy, try short bursts of activity throughout the day. Walk often. A good target is 10, 000 steps a day. Take the stairs. Park your car far away from your destination.
Aim for a slow, steady drop. Try to lose 1-2 pounds a week by being active and eating better.
“it doesn’t have to be an hour of intense exercise every day,”.
“any little bit helps.”
As you improve, dial up the time and how hard you work out. If you want to lose a lot of weight, try for 300 minutes of exercise a week.
Healthy diet not just important but is a necessity
Cut down your stress — it can take a toll on your health. You probably can’t avoid it altogether, but you can find ways to ease the impact. Don’t take on too much. Try to set limits with yourself and others. It’s ok to say no.
To relieve stress, try:
Take time every day to invest in your health.
1) Exhaustion- Do you feel tired, exhausted all the time? Most women think that it?s because of their frantic life. But it could actually be because your tissues don?t get enough oxygen.
2) Heavy Periods- Heavier blood flow is one of the reasons behind iron deficiency. Women may loose too much of blood and might not be able to replace it faster. Periods should only fill two to three tablespoons each month.
3) Paleness- Have people been telling you that you look pale or sickly. Low levels of protein and iron can suck away colour from your skin.
4) Shortness of Breath- A flight of stairs seem like a mammoth of a task when you have less iron. If you easily get short of breath, it?s time you consult your doctor.
If you have any of the above symptoms or have more questions on this topic, click on consult privately to ask me.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.