Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sumana Magesh
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sumana MageshYour feedback matters!
I am planning to conceive. But right now I am on Ginette 35 for PCOD. Please advise what I should do.
Got boy baby two months back. If we need sex means please suggest good precaution method and when need to take.
She had abortions twice in 2014 n 15. Both in 2 month preg. Chkd with doc. All the reports are normal_ karyotyping, hormone profile, endometrium thickness, urine culture, thyroid, prothrombin profile. Doc suggested follicle study. No free fluid till 10th day. Ovulation is generally after 15 days for her. What does dat mean. And does she need IVF. Or any other alternative is der.
Hi I am 28 years married lady. After I am getting period after 10-15 m feeling my right side thigh pain mostly in every month. Mostly it happens 3 to 4 times in a month. On that I am feeling week. After some massage I get some relax. I am not taking any medicine for that, even I am not going for Dr. And one more thing my last period date was 29 jan .actually the date was 26 jan bt due some reason I took 3 deviry 10 mg tab to stop my period. Bt I got my period on 29th jan. The period duration was only 3 days. Now two days before means on 12th feb I felt some brownish blood on my panty. On the same day I hv seen some 3 to 4 drops brownish blood on my pad. Only that much .even yesterday also I got the 2 drops blood not more than that through out the day. So pls some one tell what is that? Is I got my period again after 15 days or is it normal discharge? Or I ll get my period on 29th of feb again? Pls suggest me. Thank you.
White milky fluid from vagina not very often but at times. Sometimes pain in the abdomen or stomach. The pain is of low intensity. Often urination. What may be the cause?
1.3 new goals – cure, prevent resistance and break chain of transmission.
2. Introduction of daily regime.
3. Definition and treatment of mono and polyresistance apart from mdr and xdr tuberculosis.
4. Treatment in cat 1 – 2 (hrze) + 4 (hre): continue ethambutol in continuation phase too.
5. Treatment in cat 2 – 2 (hrzes) + 1 (hrze) + 5 (hre).
6. Introduction of bedaquiline as a new drug. Atp synthase inhibitor specifically targets myc. Tb. Indicated in age more than 18 years. Contraindicatef in pregnancy and those taking hormonal ocp. It may be given in patients with stable arrythmia.
7. Definition of presumptive tuberculosis. Duration > 2 weeks etc.
8. New algorithm to diagnose tuberculosis – pulmonary, extrapulmonary, drug resistant.
9. Introduction of newer molecular methods like cbnaat and line probe assay in diagnostic algorithm apart from smear microscopy and chest xray.
10. Diagnosis of tuberculosis based on x-ray will be called as clinically diagnosed tuberculosis.
11. Sputum should be around 2ml and preferably be mucopurulent.
12. Follow up – new and previously treated drug sensitive pulmonary tuberculosis – no need to extend intensive phase, sputum microscopy at end of ip and end of treatment, weight monthly, chest x-ray if required.
13. Follow up – mdr tuberculosis – sputum smear monthly 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 months in intensive phase and at 3 months interval in continuation phase 9, 12, 15, extend ip phase by maximum 3 months total of 9 months.
Some more additions to it, adding here which might help to pg students.
1) monitoring health status of tb treated patients (for recurrence of tb) for 24 months after treatment
2) online monitoring of treatment adherence through 99dots programme (currently it is on pilot basis running for tb-hiv patients)
3) intensified tb case finding in clinically, socially and geographically vulnerable population. It's a provider initiated activity.
4) now'tb suspect' term is replaced by'presumptive tb case.
5) in diagnostic algorithm sputum examination along with chest x-ray is recommended.
6)'nsp' term is replaced by'microbiologically confirmed case'
7) nsn and others r called now onwards'clinically diagnosed tb' case. (terms replaced)
8) definitions of cured, defaulted, treatment completed, failure, failure to respond, loss to follow up are somwhat changed.
9) cat i, cat ii, cat iv terminologies r obsolete n replaced by drug sensitive (new or previously treated) and drug resistant tb categories.
It is the act of intimately pleasuring oneself by touching, feeling and caressing the organs. It is a safe and very common way of satisfying ones sexual needs. It can be beneficial to one’s health.
The common reasons why people masturbate are
- Relieving sexual tension
- To relax
- Achieve sexual pleasure
- To satiate oneself when partners are unavailable
What are the benefits of masturbation?
Although, there is a lot of stigma around masturbating; it is something very common and can have great beneficial effects on your health and mental well-being. According to research, 50 per cent of men and 50 per cent of the women feel guilt or shame about masturbating. It is the best way to avoid sexually transmitted diseases and also avoid unwanted pregnancies. It truly helps to explore our sexuality and it gives you an idea about what you like and what you do not and the spots that really work for you and the ones that do not. This can act as a pleasure guide even when you are engaging with your partner.
Masturbation is good because:
- It is a stress buster
- It helps you out when you feel too frisky
- A sense of well-being is created
- It releases sexual tension
- Helps increase self-image
- Helps you sleep
- It is the release you need when you abstain from sex with other individuals
- It can help release period cramps and muscle tension
- The ability to climax increases
- It is a treatment for certain sexual dysfunctions
- It helps when you are feeling exceptionally frisky
- The uncomfortable morning wood can be eased
What are the risks of masturbation?
There are not many risks associated with masturbation, although irritation of the skin is possible. This minor problem can be overcome by the use of lubrication or simply slap on some moisturiser and you are good to go.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!