Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Suma Malini VictorYour feedback matters!
What is the immediate remedy to control the high blood pressure when we are away from home. This question is a general one which includes both Men and Women irrespective of age. One of my office met has suffered suddenly due to HBP that's what I thought of knowing such information. It might help someone until they reach hospital.
After many many years I hv started jogging from 2 days to reduce tummy, I cannot jog more than 1 min. I feel discomfort in heart like it squeeze a bit. I hv acidity issue, my weight is 85 n height is 5'8" please help.
Hi, I am having pain in left side chest and arm, ECG and Echo test are normal. So please suggest some medicine for pain relief. Thanks.
Hypertension is a condition where the blood has to exert extra pressure to flow through the blood vessels. While there is a genetic component to it, the more strong contributing factors are modified lifestyle and dietary changes. There are also a lot of environmental changes that have contributed to this new epidemic. While earlier people in their 50s and 60s would be diagnosed with hypertension, now there are people in 30s and 40s taking hypertension pills. Excess fat accumulation is the major cause of hypertension in younger patients.
There begins the complexity of the issue. Hypertension which requires medications to control it, they lead to side effects and bring in a host of other diseases like diabetes, and obesity which in turn bring in a whole lot of complications. A more easy way to manage would be to prevent and of course, after onset, look at how naturally it can be managed.
Ayurveda has numerous substances that have been proven to have beneficial effects in controlling blood pressure over the past 1000s of years.
- Celery or ajwain helps blood vessels to dilate and reduces concentration of stress hormones in the blood.
- Ashwagandha has a wide range of actions and improves the body's ability to handle physical and mental stress. This in turn improves blood pressure, obesity, and depression.
- Citrus fruits contain Vitamin C which prevents fragility of the capillaries (thinner blood vessels).
- Cow's urine prevents hardening of blood vessels and is of curative value in those who have blood pressure due to hardening of blood vessels.
- Triphala which is a combination of amla, haritaki, and bibhitaki helps reduce inflammation that leads to blood pressure, thereby helping to control it.
- Jatamansi - By helping the free radical damage on the arteries, it protects the arteries and prevents cholesterol accumulation. It also is a very well-proven stress reliever and has additional benefits on hypertension.
- Arjuna - By helping the metabolism of the bad cholesterol in the liver, this protects the inner lining of the heart and thereby helps control hypertension.
- Calcium and potassium containing substances help remove sodium and thereby improve blood pressure.
- Natural herbs like Brahmi, Sarpagandha, Shankhpushpi, and Chandana are effective Ayurvedic cure and treatment for hypertension.
- Rasayana treatment from ayurveda is having excellent results, however everyone requires unique rasayan as per their body types.
- Watermelon helps in dilation of the blood vessels.
- Aloe gel, barberry, calamus, valerian, skullcap, gotu kola cayenne, myrrh, motherwort, hawthorn and jatamansi have all been shown to help manage hypertension over thousands of years.
- A glass of warm milk mixed with saraswat powder is also helpful for patients with high blood pressure.
These are natural remedies which were a part of diet since times immemorial. Including them in the diet, reducing processed foods, regular exercise, avoiding alcohol and smoking can be some natural ways to prevent and if required control hypertension. Stress is here to stay, but can definitely be managed with a little conscious effort.
Hi My mother is patient of diabetes and high BP. She is feeling that aunts and monkeys are walking around near by. But is not im actual. She is feeling. So please tell what is thi?
Good evening dear doctors. Im a 20 year old student of engineering . I am a mechanical engineer .so having said that. Im obese I way 100 pound and my hight is 5" 9 inch.now I eat a hell lot of junk food exercise less. And also remain quite depressed most of the times. Now sir/man. The thing that happened was that I experienced a sudden chest pain so bad that I fell from mh bed clutching my chest. But thought that it might be caused due to some nerve damage or something but that pain in chest has not gone in even 3 month now. I have had an ecg and blood test only. Blood test shows cholesterol of 240 .i have gone to 8 doctors. And all are just dismiising my claims. And say its probably an inflammation. Even mg Y family now is not siding with my pain and say that im faking it. Please doctors I need some advise .i do not know what to do. Should I go to a hospital. Or a cardiologist. I have shown one but all diss me due to young age. What must I do please advise step wise.
I am 21 years old and smoking till 5 year I want to quit smoking and having slight of pain in the upper chest part of lungs and also some headache and loss of memory problem please suggest me.
I Am having a small pain in chest. I also getting tired very often and also knee pain. Kindly help me.
I am 24 years old, height 6 ft, weight 80 kg, male, suffering from high blood pressure some time 160/100, some time 136/88, I am not taking any medicine, what should I do? what type of yoga is suitable for me?
Hi, I am housewife suffering from high blood pressure (95-165 hg. Many time at night I feel heat on my head and anxious even after AC is on. Also I want to kill myself at that stage. My age is 47 and my monopose is in progress. Could you please suggest some ayurvedic solution.
Hi doctor actually I want to ask a question about my Wife 's Heath. We Both r going to a hill and suddenly she slipped and she rolled up and got a impact on ribcage she have breathing problem also so can you prescribe any pain reliever tablet which effectively strong and instant results.
I am having low bp of 96/56 mmhg. I feel very weak and drowsy because of this. I do not take any medications. Please help.
For the last 5 years I have been taking the medicine for controlling BP. Every after 3-4 months, I use to meet Doctor for check up. My BP is maintained on in the range of 135-140 by 85-90. Initially high BP was detected in the range of 170 by 95, which has come down and was well maintained. But in the last two visits on April 15 and Sept 15, the BP measured and found 150 by 90 and 170 by 95. I found LTK H, Stamloveta M and Ecosprin was the most suitable combination for myself, since during that period BP was found very consistent. Lastly till Sep 4th, LTK 50 and Crevast 10 had been continuing, but today it has been changed to LTK 50, LTK H and RXor 10 since BP found high today. So I feel the urgency for second opinion / advice online. I never smoke, drink, but eat fish daily, and chicken maximum twice in a month and mutton very rare.
Can eat cashew nuts who is got cholesterol high? Some guys are saying cashew nuts are help to decrease your cholesterol level is that true?
I am a 30 yrs old male and have diabetes and high bp and I am mentally very weak. So what should I do please suggest. Thanks.
Shortness of breath, medically known as dyspnea, is the sensation of tightening of chest accompanied by a feeling of suffocation. Most of us would have experienced this while doing intensive exercise, while in extreme temperature or high altitude to a certain extent. But when the breathlessness is severe, it is due to a lung or heart ailment. The lungs and the heart play the most important role in transporting oxygen to our tissues and removes carbon dioxide. And so, any kind of problem in either of the organs can affect our breathing.
Numerous underlying conditions can lead to a shortness of breath. An insight into the most common causes are enumerated below.
- Asthma: One of the common reason for shortness of breath is asthma. It is a serious condition in which the passage of air becomes narrow and swells up and produces extra mucus. This can result in shortness of breath, triggers wheezing, coughing and also makes breathing difficult. It cannot be cured but the symptoms can be controlled, and it is also necessary to consult with the doctor to track the symptoms and adjust the treatment.
- Carbon monoxide poisoning: Another leading cause of shortness of breath is carbon monoxide poisoning. It is caused when carbon monoxide builds up in our blood stream. When there is excessive carbon monoxide in the surrounding air, our body replaces the oxygen in our red blood cells or RBCs with the carbon monoxide in the air. Appliances that are improperly ventilated and engines, especially in a sealed or tightly enclosed space might allow carbon monoxide to accumulate in our blood stream to a dangerous level.
- A hiatal hernia: This is caused when part of our stomach pushes upward through your diaphragm. Our diaphragm usually has a small opening through which our esophagus or food pipe passes and connects the stomach. The stomach pushes up through this opening in case of a hiatal hernia and results in shortness of breath. In most of the cases it can be cured by medications, but in some situations, surgery is required.
- Pulmonary embolism: It is a blockage in one of the pulmonary arteries in the lungs. In 95% of the cases of pulmonary embolism, it is caused due to blood clots that travel to the lungs from the legs or some other parts of the body. As the clot blocks the flow of blood to the lungs, it can also be life threatening besides causing a shortage of breath.
Apart from these conditions, others such as bronchitis, pneumonia, lung cancer, COPD, arrhythmia, hypertension, and many other lung and heart ailments can result in shortness of breath and can lead to dire consequences in certain cases. Thus, it becomes paramount to consult a pulmonologist when you frequently experience such breathing difficulty.
My husband age is 60 years. He has bypass surgery in 2006 for heart blockage. We have applied for mediclaim with Health Insurance Co. They have rejected our Application on the ground of Bypass surgery. Is there is any specific parameters showing the life span of men under gone bypass surgery or what are the chances of having next heart attack. Can any Insurance Co. Can reject mediclaim application on the ground of bypass surgery. Awaiting for rep[y. With regards,
Chest pain is a common problem that most people experience. Chest pain can signal anything from a muscle cramp to even an impending heart attack. You should never ignore symptoms of chest pain as it can signal a serious underlying disorder. The details about chest pain are not described here as it is beyond the scope of this article. The focus is on various homeopathic remedies to treat symptoms of chest pain.
Homeopathy is an alternative system of medicine that was started in the year 1796, by Samuel Hahnemann. It is based on the premise that the substance that causes a disorder, if introduced in the right quantity in the body, will cure the same disease. Compared to mainstream medicine, homeopathy products are not synthetic and are free from any side effect.
Homeopathic remedies for chest pain:
The homeopathic remedies that are given below not only treat pain effectively, but also get rid of the actual cause of the pain. The best thing about these remedies is that they are completely free from any side effect, whatsoever. The various homeopathic remedies for chest pain are:
- Rhus Tox: This remedy is effective in treating pain that spreads to the shoulders from the chest; these symptoms tend to worsen in damp and cold weather.
- Arnica Mont: If you experience chest pain along with soreness in the body, this remedy is prescribed.
- Ranunculus B: In case of intercostal rheumatism wherein you experience pain in the muscle between the ribs, this remedy is usually recommended by the practitioner.
- Kali carb: Kali carb is used to treat stitching pain in the chest that worsens during the early hours of the morning.
- Rumex C: This remedy is used to treat pain that develops in the left lung, followed by coughing.
- Bryonia: For a stabbing or a burning chest pain that worsens when you move, Bryonia is considered to be the appropriate remedy.
- Phosphorus: This remedy is recommended when you experience heavy coughing and chest pain caused by pneumonia or tuberculosis.
- Carbo-veg: Carbo-veg is used to treat chest pain resulting from acidity, gas and indigestion.
- Robinia: This remedy is used to treat symptoms of chest pain that originates from behind the sternum (breastbone) as a result of acidity. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.