Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SulthanYour feedback matters!
Dear sir My mouth not open due to chewing gutkha but now I am forget all this bad habits, so pls suggest me some medicine for same.
Kindly suggest fixed orthodontic treatment of 14 year old male who is diagnosed with lower anterior crowding and deep bite. I am considering the case fit for proximal slicing followed by correction of imbricated lower anteriors with Ni-ti wire. Kindly guide which brackets should I choose and what thickness of the wire should be preferred. Or what should be the best treatment line without extraction.
I have a friend who is suffering from a disease in which his teeth become yellowish day by day. Kindly suggest some beneficial tooth paste by which he can smile without any hesitation. Thank you.
My mother has lost taste in the mouth. She is 75. My father died last June. She is longing to have food but is not able to taste much. She is a diabetic on tablets and not insulin. Sugar levels are not in the manageable range since she has to eat sweetish things sometimes to get taste.
My teeth is solidly yellow. Please tell me what type brush, tooth pest or pest I will use or what I do for my teeth glow white and my life fulfilled with happiness?
I have dandruff and hair fall, oily head, and i am getting bleeding in gums, I have dust in my eye what should I do?
A bright, white smile can make a world of difference in one's expression and confidence. Tooth discoloration can therefore, be a frustrating impediment to achieving the brilliant smile you deserve. Worse yet, some stains are absorbed deep below the surface, making them seemingly impossible to remove. Fortunately, there are numerous treatment options available to expunge or conceal discoloration, helping patients restore the natural color of their teeth.
What causes stained teeth?
Many dentists believe that it can occur to people within the age groups of 2 to 49. There are many causes that can be associated with discoloration of teeth such as consuming acidic food items as they tend to leave stains on the teeth.
Age is also one of the most important factors that contribute to discoloration of teeth. Other than that beverages such as coffee and alcohol also take away the whiteness of teeth leaving them yellow and stained. There are many remedies for stained teeth both medical and natural. One can conveniently choose accordingly but also consult their dentist before going ahead with their decision.
Types of Tooth Discoloration
Before deciding on a procedure, it's important to understand the type of discoloration present on your teeth. Some stains are more easily removable than others, and as such, may require alternative forms of treatment.
- Extrinsic Stains: Also called surface stains, these are the most common source of discoloration. Extrinsic stains tend to result in the general darkening or yellowing of teeth, especially along the edges and near the gums. These are typically caused by food, drink, and tobacco use.
- Intrinsic Stains: Also called deep stains, these tend to be smaller yet more noticeable. As opposed to widespread discoloration, intrinsic stains are localized and a distinctly separate color from surrounding tooth tissue. These are most often caused by medication, overexposure to fluoride, trauma, disease, or enamel erosion.
Whereas surface stains exist within or above the enamel, deep stains are embedded within the inner dentin tissue. Consequently, surface stains are more easily removable.
Treating Surface Stains
Because surface stains can be removed, they are primarily treated through a simple teeth whitening procedure. Teeth whitening is both safe and long-lasting, allowing patients to restore the color of their smile without any dental restorations.
Treating Deep Stains
Patients looking to restore balance to a smile should consider concealing such stains via restorations. The two most common methods of masking discoloration are dental bonding and porcelain veneers:
- Dental Bonding: A bonding procedure includes the use of composite resin, which is applied over the surface of a tooth. The tooth is first coated with a layer of tooth-colored resin before the resin is hardened with an ultraviolet light, with additional layers added as needed. The resin thus conceals any discoloration beneath it, while blending in with adjacent enamel.
- Porcelain Veneers: Veneers are used as a replacement for the surface of a tooth, enhancing it in both color and form. It is an excellent way to alter its overall outward appearance.
Well, your choice of treatment should be the result of an in-depth discussion with your dentist.
I have infection in my upper tooth what can I do m. Suffering too much pain I can not take this pain so much time suggest me the medicine for tooth infection.
I'm 20 years old male and suffering from mouth ulcer since dec, 2013 and some of stomach problems like acidity. From dec 2013 to sep 2014, I ignored my mouth ulcer and white coating on tongue but after that I felt pain in my stomach and went to doctor. He suggested me some medicines and some tests like ultrasound, colonoscopy. All tests were okay but in ultrasound they found warms, they gave me warm killer medicine. I ate lots of warm killers but till now m not okay with it. Whenever I go for ultrasound I find again and again warms but in stole test there are no worms. Recently in ultrasound there are no worms. But still i'm troubling from hipper acidity after eating meal and still white patches on tongue. So tell me what should I do to overcome from this disease I really very upset because tongue is totally covered with a white patches. Suggest me what should I do, i'll be very greatfull of your's.
I am having mouth ulcers frequently and are painful at times and irritating other times. I am taking lactobasil plus sachets and becasul plus. But results are not coming Pls advise.
A few years unexpectedly in an accident, One of my tooth came little forward and another one moved back. Can I use braces and how much it costs for me?
Does painless oral ulcer which does not heal within 1 month is always a cancer, or something else.Please tell.
- visit to a dentist for professional cleaning once in a year
- use a soft toothbrush -- and brush properly! brush your teeth for at least two minutes twice a day and after meals. Hard brushing can further damage the soft tissues of your mouth.
- floss at least once a day and be sure to floss beyond the gum line to remove more plaque.
- control bleeding by applying pressure to the area with a cold compress.
- rinse with salt water to keep the area clean.
- avoid mouthwashes that contain alcohol, which can dry out your mouth.
- stay away from smoking and other tobacco products, which can aggravate bleeding gums.